THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sandy Eggo ComiCon 2008  (Read 9906 times)

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
Sandy Eggo ComiCon 2008
« on: 05 Feb 2008, 14:01 »

July 24-27, motherfuckers. Be there.

Also dudes, I realise that is in July and it is the beginning of February now, but things are only going to get more expensive, at best, and disappear at worst as time goes on. If anyone (like myself) is already making tentative plans to go and hasn't started looking yet, a vague headcount would be nice if you think you would be looking for a place to stay eventually. Confirmation and details are not necessary! I am just planting seeds in people's minds and browsing some.

As an example of how the prices are going to go this year: last year around now the entrance fee was $45 or $50. This year it is $75. It is only going to get worse come March.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

dr.sangaygupta

Re: Sandy Eggo ComiCon 2008
« Reply #1 on: 05 Feb 2008, 16:36 »

Get those tickets now.It'll make life alot easier. Trust me.

I've been going for the last 3 years. This year I'm a no go because I'll be in bootcamp. Bummer ,no?

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #2 on: 05 Feb 2008, 16:56 »

Incidentally, my table will be in the exact same place as last year.

Bring me bourbon.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #3 on: 05 Feb 2008, 17:08 »

Can do!

Edit: Hey Jeph do you know where you're going to be for D*Con yet? Or are they slackers as per usual?
« Last Edit: 05 Feb 2008, 17:10 by calenlass »
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #4 on: 05 Feb 2008, 17:11 »

Don't drink on the job, boy.

Guy: Hey, can you draw me a picture of PintSize..

Jeph: Whaazat? A cock? Fuckin' A, man! *Scribbles cock*
Hate, rain on me

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #5 on: 05 Feb 2008, 17:15 »

Last year I asked him for a sketch and he smeared half of his sandwich across the paper and signed it.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #6 on: 05 Feb 2008, 17:59 »

i hate you guys.

Don't worry, you won't be the only person that can't go. I will add myself to that list.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #7 on: 05 Feb 2008, 18:19 »

Last year I asked him for a sketch and he smeared half of his sandwich across the paper and signed it.

I remember that! It was mostly mustard on the paper, as I recall.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #8 on: 05 Feb 2008, 18:26 »

I will not be attending this Comic Con.

Fingers crossed for next year.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • All roads lead to WAAAGH!
« Reply #9 on: 05 Feb 2008, 18:43 »

I would go to hang out, but I really have no interest in comics and stuff and do not want to find my own fun while you are all in the con. sorry.
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #10 on: 05 Feb 2008, 20:33 »

I have a friend who as a tradition, when members of his family graduate, they go on a road trip.

I wonder if I can convince him that commiccon is a good idea and he should bring me along.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #11 on: 05 Feb 2008, 21:27 »

Can we make a thread for the 2009 one? I'll come to that one cause then I have time to save etc.
Also, I should be living in Aus by then so it'll be easier to get to.
Yeah? Yeah.
Also Katie, when are you coming to stay?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #12 on: 05 Feb 2008, 21:35 »

I cannot come this year, but if I don't end up in the states in January 2009, then I'll be there for Comic Con in July 2009.

(for reference: I fully support the RizzoInAustralia Plan)
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #13 on: 05 Feb 2008, 22:55 »

Edit: Hey Jeph do you know where you're going to be for D*Con yet? Or are they slackers as per usual?

We're still waiting to hear back from them, the lazy cuntpoopers.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

quietnow

• Furry furrier
« Reply #14 on: 05 Feb 2008, 23:40 »

i will go again.

TENTATIVE SHIT I WANNA DO:
1. glbt dance night. we're going for sure this year.
2. perform my musics
3. SPENd MILLIONS OF MONEAYS
Quote from: Sam
Anyone who doesn't have a crush on Kari is doing it wrong.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #15 on: 18 Feb 2008, 16:02 »

Shit guys ok it is the middle of February now! Things need to be cemented by March-ish, I would say, because otherwise none of us will ever meet up and we will all end up sleeping on the sidewalk outside the convention center, and I don't think they allow that really.

Also, official Comicon hotel accommodations went on sale on the 6th, so I am pretty sure those are gone by now. We are on our own!

(I am still looking, but I have no money still, so I cannot make the booking itself and will instead have to pay someone back for my share. If you want my research, let me know.)

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #16 on: 18 Feb 2008, 19:08 »

I can probably make the bookings for us again, but I think we should get a hotel closer to the friggin' convention center this time, and also not get me in trouble for putting 4 people in a two-person room.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #17 on: 19 Feb 2008, 05:19 »

Well I have only really been looking for places closer than La Jolla :P. Okies I will PM and/or post what I got in a few minutes after I wake the fuck up.

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time
« Reply #18 on: 19 Feb 2008, 08:40 »

do i want to go to this? srsly, i'd like to meet up with you guys, but i have zero interest in comics and cons and cons about comics.
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #19 on: 19 Feb 2008, 08:50 »

...I am going to be, at the least, a mudkip. If I have time to make the costume, I might also be Sheena Fujibayashi. I think you should come.

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #20 on: 19 Feb 2008, 09:33 »

Wait, you mean the bodypaint-mudkip?

:-D
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

yelley

• i believe in knitting.
« Reply #21 on: 19 Feb 2008, 09:34 »

wait a minute... people dress up as shit from comics for this? what the hell.

i will come dressed as faye with my massive smooshy ass and square rimmed glasses.

if by 'come dressed as faye' you mean 'stay at home and knit'

which i do.
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #22 on: 19 Feb 2008, 09:42 »

C'mon, you can knit there.  Or, influence some sort of knitting super hero and maybe making some money by taking pictures with people under this premise.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #23 on: 19 Feb 2008, 09:59 »

Um... I am dressing up as a mudkip because I think the "so i herd u leik mudkips" thing is funny, not because of pokemon. Also Sheena Fujibayashi is not from a comic but a video game.

Also it is a con. Cons are where most costume creativity and handmade outfits get displayed outside of theaters, at least as far as I know (unless you live in Tokyo).

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #24 on: 19 Feb 2008, 10:50 »

Whereas comic conventions in general and San Diego Comic Con in specific are sources of counter-revolutionary propaganda and destabilize this righteous regime, all forum members are banned from attendance. Any forum member found to have been in San Diego at any time will be promptly exiled for the good of the forums. Any forum member trying to recruit attendance for San Diego Comic Con, or any other immoral convention shall be shot on sight.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #25 on: 19 Feb 2008, 11:00 »

Yelley I do not like comics much either. That is not important. We go to Comic Con because Jeph is there, and we bother him, and then run around and do silly things. If we get bored with the convention, we go get drunk and sing Journey very loudly during the early hours of the morning.

What I am trying to say here is that we do not go to Comic Con for the comics. We go for the shenanigans.

yelley

• i believe in knitting.
« Reply #26 on: 19 Feb 2008, 11:03 »

yeah, i know. i'll consider it... but i have a lot of other financial junk going on this year, so i don't know if i'll be able to afford it.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #27 on: 19 Feb 2008, 11:04 »

For the crime of attempting to lure forum-goers under the corrupting influence of San Diego, and for the crime of encouraging music (specifically, Journey), Storm Rider is hereby declared persona non grata and should leave this place immediately should he have any regard for his own well-being.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #28 on: 20 Feb 2008, 05:10 »

Bring me bourbon.

Kentucky Gentleman it is.

Are you planning on either Otakon or SPX this year?  Or maybe both?
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #29 on: 28 Feb 2008, 23:50 »

Alright you shitdicks, I am not fucking around anymore. I am really good at planning travel things and meetups and stuff, but I am so sick of trying to work out various things for various people that I have pretty much run out of patience. I know of ONE PERSON and ONLY ONE who has a legitimate excuse for being waffly on whether or not he is coming. If you have been considering this, or thinking about it, or wondering if Jeph wears a silly hat in his panels and are curious enough to show up and find out, please please get your shit together and let Bryan or me know. You have until I get back from Scotland to decide whether or not you are coming to ComiCon or to come up with a damned good excuse as to why you are waffly. Here are some hints: Getting mugged? Not an excuse! Donating some money to orphans in the Sudan? DON'T CARE.

come on you fuckers my god hurry up

ZJGent

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • Night Talk at Harvey's
« Reply #30 on: 29 Feb 2008, 00:03 »

oh man, katie. old cock. we need to bring jeph some old cock.

also make him draw pictures of: awesome pajamas, that funny nice-but-icky taste you get when you bite into a lemon, and other stuff.
on account of it's traditional now.
[02:29] Danosaur: I'd Spektor your Regina.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #31 on: 29 Feb 2008, 01:40 »

I think my favorite of the various drawings you requested was Jeff Rowland drawing the dinosaur with the top hat remembering that he didn't leave the stove on. Also, Doctor McNinja picking breakfast cereal.

Also, I am pretty sure that Jeph meant good bourbon. Old Cock is definitely not good bourbon. I didn't even have to drink it myself to realize that.
« Last Edit: 29 Feb 2008, 01:44 by Storm Rider »

PassiveTheory

« Reply #32 on: 29 Feb 2008, 02:35 »

I'll be there. I'm not hard to spot, even w/o costume.

Are people going to try cosplaying as QC characters? Because... that would be funny AND real creepy.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #33 on: 29 Feb 2008, 08:32 »

Um... well, I was going to cater to all the /b/tards out there and go as a certain pokemon. Um, feel free to dress up as Pintsize or whatever, though, I guess, although just know that Jeph might decide at that point that cirrhosis is worthwhile.

Jolijn

« Reply #34 on: 29 Feb 2008, 09:05 »

i would go as Katchoo but someone needs to be my Francine

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #35 on: 02 Mar 2008, 04:59 »

Bring me bourbon.

Kentucky Gentleman it is.

Are you planning on either Otakon or SPX this year?  Or maybe both?

Definitely not Otakon, definitely SPX unless there's another unscheduled death in the family.

Incidentally Comic Con is really more of an experience than it is an actual convention. It's really quite inconvenient to actually buy COMICS there!  Seriously, every other big con we go to, I end up spending a couple hundred bucks on anime and manga and stuff*. Comic Con? Mayyyybe one manga title, just because they almost never have anything I haven't seen elsewhere, and it's really overpriced because the publishers themselves are the ones hawking it.

Comic Con is basically the Super Bowl for nerds.

Also, I am 99% sure I am not going in 2009 because I'm so jaded and exhausted by it, so if you want to hang out with me there, this will be the last year to do it for a while.

*Yes, I am a pathetic, worthless nerd. BUT IT'S ALSO A TAX WRITEOFF HA HA HA

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #36 on: 06 Mar 2008, 17:55 »

Hey so everyone who is not Jeph, your time is up. If you think you will want to share accommodations for ComiCon you need to let Bryan or me know now. If you don't, you are pretty much on your own.

Right. Ozy? Malorie? Anyone else? This means you guys.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #37 on: 12 Mar 2008, 16:31 »

Right so, since everyone's decided to piss off, Bryan and I can't really afford the hotel fees by ourselves (plus Bryan's plane ticket), so basically it is looking like this isn't going to happen at all.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #38 on: 12 Mar 2008, 16:33 »

Basically, you all suck.

I was really looking forward to Jeph not having any idea who I was again!

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #39 on: 12 Mar 2008, 16:47 »

I'm not sure whether or not this helps, but I have a couple of friends who have booked hotel rooms for all four nights and are looking for people to stay with them to help with costs.  So if it's just a matter of two or three of you (i.e. Katie and Bryan) needing a room to crash in, and you wouldn't be uncomfortable staying with a friend of a stranger (and, of course, would be willing to pay cash up front and promise not to vomit on the rug or anything), I might be able to work something out for you.  If you're interested, PM me and we can talk.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #40 on: 13 Mar 2008, 21:35 »

Sorry. Shane stole Malorie from Comic Con, and I would totally road trip out there with her but I am not really up to spending plane money out there when I would basically rather go elsewhere if I had the money at all.

Blame Shane.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #41 on: 13 Mar 2008, 21:43 »

Fuck you, Shane.

SeanBateman

« Reply #42 on: 13 Mar 2008, 21:50 »

I will be there, suckers. I will be either drunk or on drugs, I will bring bourbon, I will flirt with girls in costumes, I will be drunk and on drugs, I will be beautiful, I will not be dressed up, I may  dose Jeph's bourbon just because I think it would be hilarious, I will not show you my dick, I will wait awkwardly in line to talk to creators of comic books that I don't want anything from I just want to compliment, I will sleep in a car, I will be horribly depressed, I will show you my dick, I will make fun of people in Naruto headbands, I will continue to try to make Jeff Rowland be my friend and he will continue to not be my friend.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #43 on: 13 Mar 2008, 23:25 »

Kieffer I just want you to know that I am mostly sad because you will be there and I cannot be. No homo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up