THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 18:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dental Hygiene  (Read 13503 times)

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
Re: Dental Hygiene
« Reply #50 on: 07 Feb 2008, 02:34 »

Oh man I have dreams all the time that my teeth are like cracking and falling right out of my mouth. They always freak me the fuck out.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Spinless

« Reply #51 on: 07 Feb 2008, 02:42 »

Yeah, they're really weird. Your teeth sometimes don't feel real when you wake up, which makes you freak out even more!

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #52 on: 07 Feb 2008, 06:17 »

That's actually more related to anxiety than self esteem, actually. My old therapist explained it to me a few years ago when I had a "my teeth cracked up and fell out" dream. It freaked the shit out of me.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist
« Reply #53 on: 07 Feb 2008, 08:09 »

I'm surprised all this talk about teeth hasn't made anyone bring up Teeth.

Spinless

« Reply #54 on: 07 Feb 2008, 10:35 »

That's because a movie about vagina dentata has no place in the discussion.

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist
« Reply #55 on: 07 Feb 2008, 12:17 »

So you wouldn't be interested in the care that would go into... those teeth? I'd imagine that brushing and flossing would be very difficult.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #56 on: 07 Feb 2008, 12:28 »

Not really. The idea of the kind of commercials that would go along with an Oral-B branded home speculum provided a brief moment of mild amusement, but other than that it hits me as a fairly dull topic.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #57 on: 07 Feb 2008, 12:51 »

I broke a tooth while eating popcorn a couple days ago and i just got back from the dentist. Apparently something had lodged in there a looong time ago and it actually caused an abces, which prceeded to hollow out the tooth until it broke. He was really surprised though, because a dental abcess would have defintely been noticed by the huge amount of pain it causes.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #58 on: 07 Feb 2008, 12:57 »

...Weird.

After I hard my teeth pulled, and my braces, the teeth under the ones I had pulled proceeded to grow, so I literally had a tooth pushing out on a a straightened tooth. Well, one day I was in the cafateria at school eating a bag of potato chips. Well, as I was biting on one of these chips, it proceeded to CRACK MY TOOTH IN HALF. Only half of the tooth actually came out. The other half STAYED IN MY HEAD for like six months before I could finally pull it out all of the way. It was pretty crazy. I'm not one of those people that can just yank a tooth out when it's loose, I have to gradually loosen it... Hence why it took so long.

But yeah, it was pretty crazy. People thought it was hilarious that I had half a tooth with another growing in underneath it. It's part of why, even though I had braces, my teeth are still so messed up.

Right now, I had a tooth were they put in a preventive-like filling in...well, the filling popped out, and I haven't gone to have it refilled or anything (it's not like I have a cavity and it hurts or anything...), so I have big hole in one of my molars. It's kind of annoying. I bought dentist-like picks to keep gunk out of it. THey're kinda cool.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #59 on: 07 Feb 2008, 13:21 »

When I was in primary school one of my teeth didn't fall out like it was meant to so the new tooth just grew into it and hollowed the old tooth out. It wasn't painful but the tooth had a huge red crack in it and went a nasty dark grey. Eventually the "cap" of old tooth just slipped off and there was the shiny, healthy new tooth under it. It was pretty gross.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #60 on: 07 Feb 2008, 13:37 »

but awesome and legendary among other elementary school students, no?
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #61 on: 07 Feb 2008, 17:02 »

When I got braces put on when I was twelve, I had to have four baby teeth pulled.  All four teeth had sizeable roots; one was a full inch long.  Thus, when they came out, the four holes in my gums all bled profusely.  Unfortunately, it was during the year that my mother had lost her driver's license.  So I had to walk a mile home with my mouth full of bloody gauze that, halfway through the walk, became completely saturated and started dripping blood on the pavement and my clothing.

Hygiene-wise, though I've always been pretty solidly in the brushing-one-to-three-times-a-day-and-flossing-occasionally camp.  Luckily, for me, that's been enough to keep me from ever having had any major non-orthodontal dental work done.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #62 on: 09 Feb 2008, 06:08 »

Oh man I have dreams all the time that my teeth are like cracking and falling right out of my mouth. They always freak me the fuck out.

That is too weird, I have those same dreams all the time. Ever since I broke a tooth about five years ago. Because of my fear of losing more teeth I am a huge stickler about keeping them clean.
Hate, rain on me

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #63 on: 09 Feb 2008, 19:40 »

One of my front tooth was actually blue before it came out. It was pretty cool though.
I wash and brush my teeth every Morning but I don't floss, I always lose it, that's why I had a cavity between two teeth. I have 3 or 4 fillings which, for my age, is a lot. But now they're healthy and I'm happy with them.
And I also need braces.
« Last Edit: 09 Feb 2008, 19:43 by Scarychips »
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #64 on: 09 Feb 2008, 22:42 »

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #65 on: 09 Feb 2008, 23:38 »

Ruyi brings strong sack to the thread by challenging us to have better teeth.

I decline the challenge because I am a giant yellow-toothed baby.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Des_2008

« Reply #66 on: 14 Feb 2008, 23:50 »

I've had a dream like that, ewww! My mouth was bleeding and my teeth just fell out! Gross!

My teeth aren't too bad. I brush about twice a day, and I use mouthwash. I don't floss because half my teeth push against each other and I can't reach between them :-( I need braces. And I have a filling in my molar.
« Last Edit: 14 Feb 2008, 23:53 by Des_2008 »

monkandmovies13

« Reply #67 on: 20 Feb 2008, 20:16 »

I have braces and will for another like 6 months

They are teh suxorz

Faker

• Furry furrier
« Reply #68 on: 20 Feb 2008, 20:50 »

I have, *quickly runs tongue around teeth*, 3 filings, all of which I got before the age of 15, and all  are thankfully in the teeth in the top set so are out of sight.

I had braces when I was younger, again on the top set of teeth, for which I had two teeth removed in order to free up space for the rest to be moved back.

I got my wisdom teeth but they were coming in at an angle and so had to be surgically removed, yep as in scalpel to the gums so that the dentist could get them out, a deeply unpleasant experience which left blood periodically coating the inside of my mouth for just over a week.

In terms of a dental hygiene routine. I brush my teeth twice a day, morning and night, and always follow that with mouth wash, I will occasionally brush during the day as well, and always before going out somewhere. I never floss, as it doesn’t fit between my teeth and can be quite painful.
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #69 on: 20 Feb 2008, 21:44 »

Don't most people have their wisdom teeth surgically removed?

I did.

It was fun. I'm not being sarcastic.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Faker

• Furry furrier
« Reply #70 on: 20 Feb 2008, 21:58 »

I thought standard procedure was to have them pulled like a normal tooth i.e. no scalpels. Maybe I'm wrong.

Why must I always be wrong

You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #71 on: 21 Feb 2008, 11:08 »

As far as I know, standard procedure is standard pulling, but I'm far from the authority. My wisdom teeth came in so well, they actually only impacted just barely enough to further straighten my teeth, closing in a gap in my front teeth.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #72 on: 21 Feb 2008, 11:28 »

I got all four of mine taken out at once.  Don't really know how they did it, but I got put under for it.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

blaha 41

• Larger than most fish
    • I write about things like Steak & Wine Pairings
« Reply #73 on: 21 Feb 2008, 14:28 »

brush morning and before bed. floss before bed. and mouthwash a few times a week. i need to get back in the habit.

no dental insurance so no dentist for me in years now :(. i have to make friends with the one on the corner here. maybe i can trade him something for a cleaning?
Read a book I wrote a book about steak and wine pairings: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005F79NQK

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #74 on: 21 Feb 2008, 15:41 »

I had four wisdom teeth out in one go, and I was under on something good. They stuck an IV in my hand, and put me right out. The removal actually involved the use of a chisel at one point on my gnarly roots!
When I woke up, I felt great, and was quoting Shakespeare in the recovery room as they changed the bloody wads of gauze in my mouth. Then there were three days of feeling like absolute shit. Followed with a week of discomfort.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #75 on: 21 Feb 2008, 17:35 »

I walked to my car after I got my wisdom teeth out, but I genuinely don't recall it at all. In fact I was apparently still watching stuff for an hour.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #76 on: 21 Feb 2008, 19:43 »

Hey, they had to use a chisel on me too! Something about the root being connected to the bone or something, I don't remember.

I do remember the laughing gas they put me on before they put in the IV. Oh man that was fun. My hand fell off the chair and I just sat and laughed, and the last thing I remember before conking out was I swear to God they were playing Dr. Funkenstein! Or maybe it was just that I was incredibly high I imagined something totally awesome. When I woke up though I got really mad at the nurses because I wanted my hoodie, and texted some boy and spelled surgery wrong.

I have brownish/super ridiculously white teeth because I had extra fluoride in my water growing up. Thus, I have never had any cavities. My teeth look stupid though because they are like the only things I inherited from my indigenous ancestry; they're tiny. 
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #77 on: 22 Feb 2008, 21:43 »

I am pretty jealous of you guys who had fun highs when you got your wisdom teeth out.  I pretty much just got tired and fell asleep.  The last thing I remember was the guy telling me "Oh, and by the way, some shards of tooth might come out of your gums back there for a while.  Don't worry, it's normal."  Then I conked out, and they broke my teeth with a chisel and pulled out the bits.  Then I got some hydrocodone, which is a crappy painkiller that just made me feel like I had a hangover.  They also hurt my jaw and for a few weeks I couldn't open my mouth wide enough to eat a sandwich.  All in all, not a great experience.  I have some amusing pictures of my chipmunk face somewhere though. 

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #78 on: 23 Feb 2008, 04:11 »

Guys. I just brushed my teeth and it felt really good.

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #79 on: 23 Feb 2008, 04:56 »

I've been flossing lately!  By lately, I mean the past 2 days.  I kinda have to, though.  It's part of a new teeth-whitening kit that I got. 
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up