THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dreamweaver code for my Webcomic page does not work!  (Read 5086 times)

Sherwood WindRunner

Hello, I was wondering if anyone would lend me a hand in designing my webpage with me. I've used Dreamweaver for my webpage's code, but it doesn't work with the kind of Web-hosting provider I use!

Can someone with experience in designing webpages help me a bit? You'll be creidited on my webpage afterwards.

mortideus

Re: Dreamweaver code for my Webcomic page does not work!
« Reply #1 on: 07 Feb 2008, 12:00 »

I'm a web developer, mostly with PHP, but know HTML as well.  I could take a look at it some time.

And what do you mean it doesn't work with your host? that is kinda awkward... Dreamweaver uses standard HTML.  You may want to think about using a different host if things get complicated like that.

Sherwood WindRunner

« Reply #2 on: 10 Feb 2008, 09:09 »

Hmm.....Maybe I will change web hosts, but here's my problem:

Everytime I enter my code into the 'thing' (web hosting space), my images arn't there or are scrambled.

I use the webhost service www.skulltech.com .  Anyone use that service?

mortideus

« Reply #3 on: 10 Feb 2008, 14:58 »

Sounds like your FTP account is messed up.. or at least the server your using is.  Is it a free web host that you are using?  If not, there are a couple cheap alternatives that are way better.  If your still looking for free, I could throw up another server at my house and host it there.  That may take me a little time though. :)

Oh, and I've never heard of skulltech.

Sherwood WindRunner

« Reply #4 on: 11 Feb 2008, 18:08 »

That's very kind of you! I'm paying 5.99 a month for my webhosting service.

Well here's my dellema:

I have a domain name, it's www.nopunintended.net but it keeps coming up with some sort of pyscholigy site instead of my black and white parental gallery thing.

Second: I want the site to be my own, and not use a free webhosting serivce. I don't want the site's link to be www.nopunintended/weebly.com or something.

ARGH! I'M CONFUSED! I feel like I was hit over and over with a moringstar....then hit with a purse.   :-(

mortideus

« Reply #5 on: 11 Feb 2008, 19:37 »

Ok, well if your going to pay for it, I would highly recommend using GoDaddy instead then.  I'm pretty sure they have a package for the same price.  They arent the best host, but atleast they are well known, and have almost no down time.

If you need help setting it up, I could help with that as well.

The domain can either be transferred to GoDaddy or just pointed toward the correct IP.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #6 on: 11 Feb 2008, 19:56 »

I also recommend GoDaddy.

It sort of does look like they have not yet set up your hosting account, or something. 
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up