Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Water  (Read 3302 times)

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
Water
« on: 14 Feb 2008, 04:04 »

Has anyone but me seen this?

I was planning on going to sleep about 4 hours ago and then I got distracted playing around on youtube and I found the entire thing, in 10 parts, and I just finished it.

Holy wow, you guys. I do not know if I can even begin to describe it. I meant to see it at the film festival at my old uni when it came out two years ago, but it fell on a day when I had class right smack in the middle. If you have the time, I would totally recommend it.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
Re: Water
« Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2008, 05:11 »

I remember when it came out thinking that I ought to see it because it sounded really good, but I also remember then thinking that maybe I should see Earth first, and then I remember thinking that I couldn't quite be bothered. Probably a mistake. I'd say "I'll get it out on D.V.D. some time", but really, who am I kidding?

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2008, 07:37 »

Yep saw it for Gender class.
I guess it was pretty good.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #3 on: 14 Feb 2008, 14:29 »

Sounds good, I might rent it this weekend once I've done my physics assignment, read 3/4 of Herland, finish notes on Utopia and complete any and all tedious questions that sir gives me for maths.

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #4 on: 14 Feb 2008, 18:02 »

Harry it is totally worth seeing, and it is on youtube! YOU HAVE NO EXCUSES NOW.

Also "Earth"? They have nothing to do with each other. Although I guess it would be pretty good if someone came out with some other completely unrelated films and called them "Fire", "Wind", and "Heart", respectively.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #5 on: 14 Feb 2008, 18:15 »

I thought the director did a triptych of Fire, Earth, and Water, and that's how they are related.  Not sure if that's when they were chronologically released.
If we're into the discussion, I really liked the character of Kalyani, didn't much like the character of the little bald girl all bitin' people and stuff, that one dude was sweet, and the end sucked.

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #6 on: 14 Feb 2008, 20:59 »

I'm rather certain "Earth" and "Fire" are by the same director and form a loose trilogy of sorts.  I've been meaning to see them for a while, but have yet to get around to it.  I'll probably rent "Fire" soon.
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2008, 23:02 by Dark Flame »

Emily

« Reply #7 on: 24 Feb 2008, 15:43 »

I think Deepa Mehta meant to have three stories around different Indian women faced with different problems in different times and political/cultural/social settings. However unrelated the films may seem, there is an underlying similarity of theme.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #8 on: 24 Feb 2008, 21:00 »

I remember when it came out, but I wasn't in the situation to see it. I'll probably put it on my Netflix queue one of these days, or have my film school friends track down a copy for me.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #9 on: 25 Feb 2008, 21:00 »

Yeah, the films are conceptually related rather than being related through characters, etcetera.

Katie, downloading multiple YouTube videos sounds like a pretty horrible way to watch a film!

Emily

« Reply #10 on: 28 Feb 2008, 01:32 »

downloading multiple YouTube videos sounds like a pretty horrible way to watch a film!

Sometimes that was about the only way for me to see British TV shows months before they would air in Canada. Desperate measures, etc.. Period dramas are my bread and butter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up