THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 02:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: D&D 4th Edition  (Read 84120 times)

frunK

Re: D&D 4th Edition
« Reply #50 on: 10 Feb 2008, 14:51 »

Races - Really, as much as I love gnomes, I do have to agree that either they or halflings had to go to flesh out the other. Overall I think it's a good decision.

Classic example of anti gnome dissent! Why couldn't the halflings go? who the hell gives shit about hobbits anyway?

ackblom12

« Reply #51 on: 10 Feb 2008, 14:57 »

Personally, I would have been happy either way.

They both DO have some pretty distinct racial abilities, but the player base always has and would have continued just thinking of them both as "the little race".
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2008, 15:00 by ackblom12 »

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #52 on: 10 Feb 2008, 15:46 »

Halfling Barbarians are the shit.  I played one once, and bit out the jugular of a dire lion and killed it in one turn.  Picture that in your head.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

ackblom12

« Reply #53 on: 10 Feb 2008, 15:56 »

Playing a Halfling Barbarian is one of the greatest experiences you can have, seriously.

At some point, I'm going to have an NPC HB that is going to be carried around in a small chest and unleashed upon the PC's at any given time.

Narr

« Reply #54 on: 10 Feb 2008, 16:05 »

Ghostwise halfling's favored class is Barbarian, just as an FYI.

Anyway, I never looked at them both as "the little race."  I always looked at gnomes as slightly smaller dwarves but instead of being gruff and rude, they're just space cadets.  Halflings are sort of just like hobbits to me.  Gnomes = santa's helpers.  Halflings = tobacco pipe sling-wielders.

frunK

« Reply #55 on: 10 Feb 2008, 16:07 »

I once had a scythe wielding pixie barbarian. He was a savage little bastard.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #56 on: 10 Feb 2008, 17:07 »

I love how everyone is acting like they HAVE to buy 4.0. If you want to play it, but afraid to buy it. Then rent the books from the library.

If you dont like it, then stick to 3.5.
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #57 on: 10 Feb 2008, 18:34 »

Nobody was really 'acting' that way. People were just getting upset over the 'rumored' changes. We all know (or should by now) that we don't have to buy 4, but for some who don't like the changes it can be pretty disappointing when they've been looking for a new version for a few years. Don't argue this with me because I was not one of those people, I'm just sticking up for them.

I don't think I've ever actually played a gnome before. I'm sure that there is quite the gnome 'fanclub' out there somewhere, and that Dragon magazine will probably end up creating a D&D 4 gnome for those who still want it.

I wonder what 4th edition is going to mean for Eberron. Will Eberron see an overhaul, or just a haul?
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

ackblom12

« Reply #58 on: 10 Feb 2008, 18:45 »

Dragon only exist in digital form now through the online sub. They disbanded both mags a few months ago.

I can see the Warforged being in open production again in the world story, might also be a interesting explanation for why the Warforged might be showing up in other worlds.

I'm personally hoping against hope that Dark Sun gets an update, but I know it won't.

SevenPinkerton

« Reply #59 on: 10 Feb 2008, 18:47 »

I'm part of a gaming group at my campus and the way things work it's hard to not buy the new editions. It's quite large for a group, with several games going on at one time with anywhere from 3-12 people. Once a new edition is out it's hard to not buy the books if you want to mix up players from semester to semester because half will be into the 4.0 and the other not owning it yet. Eventually, everyone seems to buy it. I borrowed all of 3.5 and it just became way too much of a hassle.

dalconnsuch

« Reply #60 on: 10 Feb 2008, 19:50 »

i got depressed when they desided to release 4th edition

i love dnd but ihate scams, and if the game is good just leave it alone okay :( please? for me??? and my level 15 cleric?

iu also hear they're gettin rid of alignments is this true???

ackblom12

« Reply #61 on: 10 Feb 2008, 19:54 »

Alignments are not leaving from what I can tell, since several things, including teh previews of dragon descriptions mention alignment specifically.

Also, what the hell did you expect? Wizards to support 3.5 for the rest of time? Question Wizard's supplement releases all you like (lord knows I hated the rate they came out) but pretending like 4th Ed should/would never have come along is more than a bit stupid.

Also, as has been stated in the thread, if you don't wanna go to 4th, then don't.

Otherwise play some, and transfer your character over and keep playing and having fun.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #62 on: 10 Feb 2008, 20:04 »

They're getting rid of alignment-specific spells.  Not the spells themselves, but the idea that the spells are limited to players of a certain alignment.
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Narr

« Reply #63 on: 10 Feb 2008, 23:22 »

Alignment means shit anymore.  It's just what your guy is.  It doesn't mean anything in terms of what I can tell.

For fuck's sake, man, Paladins are no longer holy warriors.  They are just charisma fighters.  SAD.

ackblom12

« Reply #64 on: 10 Feb 2008, 23:28 »

Paladins have been on the move away from Lawful Good only since 2nd Ed. It's not exactly a new idea for the class.

I'm thinking we might need a "A BLOO BLOO BLA BLOO" macro for this thread.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #65 on: 10 Feb 2008, 23:37 »

[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Catfish_Man

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • Assorted Stuff
« Reply #66 on: 11 Feb 2008, 07:23 »

Your friends don't know how to play fighters. Apparently, neither do you.
Tell me something I don't know about fighters, then.

Grapple checks?  Knockdowns?  Bull rushes?  Whirlwind attacks?  Arrows?

Fighters hit things until they die.  End of story.  No tricks.  The only tricks they have is in their equipment and their potions.  It is impossible to play a fighter and beat any caster that's worth a lick of salt.  Planning on trying to cripple me in melee somehow?  Good luck actually hitting through  my thousands of mirror images, buffed armor class, and damage reduction.  Going to try and dispel my stuff through the use of an item?  That's too bad; I've got a spell mantle or two up that'll absorb it.  Actually, fuck all that.  I'll just Dire Charm you right away to make you MY meatshield.

Don't tell me I don't know how to play a fighter.  That's pretty insulting.

The way Pen and Paper is designed, you're pretty much only supposed to have one significant encounter a day.  Fighters are nice buff targets for a party or good to take a few levels in if you want some quick fighter-oriented feats, but that's the end of their purpose.  They're good for campaigns where you slog through lots of meat, as well, because they have longer battle endurance than casters.  I'd still just rather have a cleric or druid tanking, however.

It sounds to me like a lot of this comes down to the campaign you're playing in. What's your wizard going to do when ambushed or otherwise not allowed to prep (happened in the last two encounters in the campaign I'm playing in). What's your wizard going to do when the enemy has hella spell resistance (last encounter). Fighters are good in different situations from wizards. If you're at range with a good meat shield, then yeah, you're right, you're going to win with a caster.

As for "they hit things until they die", three of the 5 things you mentioned in your list are nonfatal; quite useful when you need to catch a fleeing person and interrogate them. High strength is useful for climbing, swimming, opening, breaking things, etc... High HP lets them take point in case of ambush, or a trap the rogue missed (and the DCs on decent traps are so high, they will be missed), or to cover the squishy caster behind them. High fortitude saves cover those pesky death spells and poisons (Rogues are just no fun as a caster, and Assassins even less so). Along more campaign-specific lines, there's certainly a long history of warrior cultures who would respect a fighter and fear/hate/scorn a wizard (just as there's plenty of examples of magocracies that feel the opposite way).

As for mirror image, buffed AC, and DR, well, let's see... generously speaking* you'll have about 20 AC or so at mid levels, and certainly not more than 10 DR. Honestly not that hard to get through either of those, and you don't have much HP to back it up. To deal with the mirror image, we'll whirlwind attack and/or cleave. For mind-affecting spells, protection from evil does a great job, and is not that difficult to get a means of using.

All that said, I play casters myself. Generally not your typical combat power caster though. My last character was a cleric/fleshwarper focused entirely on self buffs (died on Friday, largely due to not getting prep time :/ ). The one before that was a pacifist sorcerer/bard.

*this is assuming a non-munchkin wizard of course, and campaign power levels similar to what I'm used to. I'm sure it's possible to build one that throws these numbers way off.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #67 on: 11 Feb 2008, 09:16 »

I hate alignment.

I'm more of an actor when it comes to DnD. If there wasnt an element of acting, I probably wouldnt love it as much as I do. Alignment just soils that. Its like a cage, I feel confined to the alignment. I feel as though I cant do things my character would do in certain situations. I feel that ever so present alignment breathing down my neck, "Dont kill him even though he threatened your group thousands of times, bring him into the city so the justice system could deal with him!" Alignments are only good for extra spells for clerics, nothing more. If they take out the class features then I'd say "To hell with alignments! Just make a consistent character instead" I hear they are putting a whole page in background in the new Character sheets. Adjectives to describe your character, history, demeanor, looks. This will work better then an alignment system.
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

Narr

« Reply #68 on: 11 Feb 2008, 12:03 »

It sounds to me like a lot of this comes down to the campaign you're playing in. What's your wizard going to do when ambushed or otherwise not allowed to prep (happened in the last two encounters in the campaign I'm playing in). What's your wizard going to do when the enemy has hella spell resistance (last encounter). Fighters are good in different situations from wizards. If you're at range with a good meat shield, then yeah, you're right, you're going to win with a caster.

As for "they hit things until they die", three of the 5 things you mentioned in your list are nonfatal; quite useful when you need to catch a fleeing person and interrogate them. High strength is useful for climbing, swimming, opening, breaking things, etc... High HP lets them take point in case of ambush, or a trap the rogue missed (and the DCs on decent traps are so high, they will be missed), or to cover the squishy caster behind them. High fortitude saves cover those pesky death spells and poisons (Rogues are just no fun as a caster, and Assassins even less so). Along more campaign-specific lines, there's certainly a long history of warrior cultures who would respect a fighter and fear/hate/scorn a wizard (just as there's plenty of examples of magocracies that feel the opposite way).

As for mirror image, buffed AC, and DR, well, let's see... generously speaking* you'll have about 20 AC or so at mid levels, and certainly not more than 10 DR. Honestly not that hard to get through either of those, and you don't have much HP to back it up. To deal with the mirror image, we'll whirlwind attack and/or cleave. For mind-affecting spells, protection from evil does a great job, and is not that difficult to get a means of using.

All that said, I play casters myself. Generally not your typical combat power caster though. My last character was a cleric/fleshwarper focused entirely on self buffs (died on Friday, largely due to not getting prep time :/ ). The one before that was a pacifist sorcerer/bard.

*this is assuming a non-munchkin wizard of course, and campaign power levels similar to what I'm used to. I'm sure it's possible to build one that throws these numbers way off.
There's plenty of instant-cast spells and I'm a fan of keeping some of my higher level spell slots open to either Quicken Spell or Silent Spell, depending.  Nothing like having a rogue drop out on you from nowhere, just to see you Quicken Haste yourself and sprint away.  As for spell resistance, it's a nightmare to overcome but it's possible.  There's lots of spells that lower enemy spell resistance.  I had to do that once because the DM got tired of me outthinking his rogues so he decided the main baddies for our campaign were Drow at the last minute (I love DMs that adapt).  When every single monster you encounter has SR, it's pretty rough.  Not having a lot of time to rest hurt, too.  It was the druid's glory moment, as he'd just turn into a bear or worse and maul everything that came against us until we finally had a spot to rest.  Pretty fun campaign, if you ask me.

I don't do the typical power caster, either, just as an FYI.  My opposed schools are usually conjuration or evocation, which is where most the big damage spells.  If I have to take another (say, that one time I was a Thayvian wizard), it's usually necromancy.  I love me some enchantment spells.  Nothing like being a high level red wizard enchanter to just lob around Hiss of Sleep over and over and over again, watching hordes of enemies fall asleep in front of you, allowing your team to finish them off without much of a hassle.

I suppose the biggest thing about the changes that worries me is the whole defined roles they're planning.  I don't like that because, basically, I hate relying on other people when it comes to online games.  (In person, it really doesn't matter what anyone is because the DM is going to make things work for you, and it's usually really fun and funny.)  One of the reasons I liked Baldur's Gate so much is that it was fun Multiplayer, because the game was fun Single Player.  It just made it so you didn't have to control the whole team.  Once you start making it so everyone is controlling their one guy who has their one role, it'll be Molten Core all over again.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #69 on: 11 Feb 2008, 13:12 »

Dan , things have changed since the late 80s and AD&D.

Looks like the same acrimony that has accompanied the changes Warhammer Fantasy from ed to edition lives in the other realms of geekdom as well.

"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

dalconnsuch

« Reply #70 on: 11 Feb 2008, 22:44 »

Alignments are not leaving from what I can tell, since several things, including teh previews of dragon descriptions mention alignment specifically.

Also, what the hell did you expect? Wizards to support 3.5 for the rest of time? Question Wizard's supplement releases all you like (lord knows I hated the rate they came out) but pretending like 4th Ed should/would never have come along is more than a bit stupid.

Also, as has been stated in the thread, if you don't wanna go to 4th, then don't.

Otherwise play some, and transfer your character over and keep playing and having fun.

nah, i'm still gonna play 4.0 when it comes out, and i'm aware of th eimpossibility to support 3.5 forever, but in a perfect world i wish they'd just keep 3.5 and 2.0 forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever

i'm keepin an open mind about 4.0 though

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #71 on: 12 Feb 2008, 08:16 »

Alright, so I was playing DnD last night, and our characters were involved in an orgiastic ritual that was interrupted by a huge Lolth-Touched spider.  Our cleric is currently naked as part of the ritual, he casts Dispel Evil (a touch attack), and runs up and cockslaps the spider into another dimension.  I know this is irrelevant, but it had to be said.  Our cleric cockslapped a huge Lolth-Touched spider into oblivion.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #72 on: 12 Feb 2008, 10:41 »

Things like that is why I've pretty much always argued that Clerics are probably overall the best class, all things considered.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #73 on: 12 Feb 2008, 12:59 »

Actually, I'd consider druids to be better. They don't have quite the same healing ability, but they have better offensive and summoning spells and generally have an easier time than a vanilla cleric stepping into a tank role, especially at higher levels with their shapechange ability. But a Cleric with a PrC and some of the more unbalanced feats can step into multiple roles simultaneously.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

MusicScribbles

« Reply #74 on: 12 Feb 2008, 13:09 »

But you see, in this case, clerics have god-patented cocks.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #75 on: 12 Feb 2008, 13:32 »

Druids are excellent, especially in 3.5, but I'd definitely put Clerics in the top spot for 3.0, and I don't think there's much of a gap in 3.5 either, really. Like you said, an awful lot depends on the PrCs and splat books you're using though, and I'm not terribly familiar with an awful lot of the 3.5 books. My primary group didn't really swap over to 3.5 for quite a while, so that also likley contributes to my rather cleric-centric world view. As far as I'm concerned though, any class that has decent endurance, spontaneous casting and doesn't have to jump through hoops to have a diverse spell catalog is worth playing, and that fits both classes pretty well. I mean, really, if you're a cleric or druid and can't find anything useful to do, you basically have it coming when the rest of the group pelts you with Doritos while screaming "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!"
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2008, 19:22 by Whipstitch »

dalconnsuch

« Reply #76 on: 12 Feb 2008, 16:02 »

i have to say i have the most fun playing a cleric, infact other than bards, clerics are the only class i can play without feeling like a douche, even though bards ARE douches but thats what makes them fun! your the instant comic relief of the story!

its disappointing that clerics are always considered giant walking bandaids becuase in my current campaign i'm doin as much damage (or close too) as our fighter/barb while at th esame time still keeping people alive

plus i worship a snail in this campaign its awsum

frunK

« Reply #77 on: 12 Feb 2008, 16:10 »

I had a friend who made a cleric of Vecna, he wasn't so much considered a walking bandaid so much as a walking armageddon.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #78 on: 12 Feb 2008, 19:14 »

The best part though is that our DM made him role a Con check for dick size (d12) and he got a 12 with a +2 modifier.  So it was a two-handed cockslap.

ackblom12

« Reply #79 on: 12 Feb 2008, 22:07 »

Deific Cock Slap of Kord

This is now a spell in my campaigns.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #80 on: 12 Feb 2008, 22:16 »

Reading through this thread, all I can tell is that everything Narr is complaining about makes me want to pick up D&D when this comes out.

Cool beans. I might have to bother to play sometime. I have ten thousand friends spread across the country and a dedicated D&D online session sounds fun if I can get enough together.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Bearer

• The Corgi Commands Awesome
« Reply #81 on: 12 Feb 2008, 22:50 »

Why not start a forum game?  Get someone here to DM it, I think that'd actually work pretty well...all time-zone differences aside anyway...
Therefore, I cast aside my useless dick-broom, and I let the ocean come.

ackblom12

« Reply #82 on: 12 Feb 2008, 22:51 »

We've attempted it already. Was fun while it lasted, but it died shortly after.

A proper D&D game just doesn't work very well without everyone being there at the same time in some manner.

DonInKansas

• FIGHT YOU
  • Grammar Nazi
« Reply #83 on: 13 Feb 2008, 00:32 »

Quote from: ackblom
A proper D&D game just doesn't work very well without everyone being there at the same time in some manner.
I beg to differ.

As someone who has no one within my zip code to play tabletop with, Play by Post has had to do it for me.  Really stretches the creative writing muscle IMO.  It's not the same as rolling dice, attacking the darkness, and chugging Dew, but what is?
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2008, 00:34 by DonInKansas »
I mean, it would still suck, but at least it would suck creatively.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #84 on: 13 Feb 2008, 06:23 »

Deific Cock Slap of Kord

This is now a spell in my campaigns.

That was in fact his deity, and he yelled it at the top of his lungs after obliterating the spider with his holy member.

ackblom12

« Reply #85 on: 13 Feb 2008, 08:53 »

I should have known. No other deity is awesome enough to have one of their worshipers Cock Slap a being of evil into oblivion.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #86 on: 13 Feb 2008, 09:46 »

Heh, yeah, I would have been shocked had it been any diety but Kord. Maybe Tempus, depending on the setting.... Maybe. But Kord definitely came to mind; I not only imagine him being OK with such an act, but cheering, highfiving the nearest other good aligned diety and then proceeding to crush an entire keg against his forehead with one hand afterwards.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #87 on: 13 Feb 2008, 12:48 »

When the new edition comes out I'll totally play with you guys! The QC adventurers. Like, pintsize could be a deity.

MusicScribbles

« Reply #88 on: 13 Feb 2008, 13:06 »

If they really do create some terrifically implemented online component, we should create forumite campaign. Ozy has never played before, so he can be the DM.

Bearer

• The Corgi Commands Awesome
« Reply #89 on: 13 Feb 2008, 21:44 »

Man, screw DnD, who's up for a round of Trolls and Flamewars?

(http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=176 for the uneducated)
Therefore, I cast aside my useless dick-broom, and I let the ocean come.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #90 on: 13 Feb 2008, 22:21 »

Man, I fucking hate when companies suddenly change games.

I mean, like, the World of Darkness reboot. I know people who own like, every single old World of Darkness sourcebook. Like, thirty books. Now?
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

ackblom12

« Reply #91 on: 13 Feb 2008, 22:36 »

They stick with the edition they have and not bitch about buying every book in a game franchise that they know is guaranteed to be revised at some point?

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #92 on: 13 Feb 2008, 22:52 »

Have you ever met any Vampire: The Masquerade fans? If White Wolf was a person they would want to be sodomised by it. Who's he going to get to play the old system with him?

And what do you mean, gauranteed to be revised? Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay hasn't changed its rules in like, 20 years, and its still better than any D20 system. Doubt GURPS is going to go through any major upheavals soon either.
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #93 on: 13 Feb 2008, 22:55 »

I nearly died laughing until I realized you said "Fantasy Roleplay" rather than "Fantasy Battle", because yeah, I think the former is like on what, 2nd edition while the latter is like 6 or 7 now. I forget.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #94 on: 13 Feb 2008, 23:23 »

And the second edition of WFRP only really changes the setting, which is why I ignore it.

Fantasy Battle must be on seven or eight by now. Changing editions is pretty much why I stopped playing Fantasy Battle and 40k.

ackblom12

« Reply #95 on: 13 Feb 2008, 23:40 »

To be fair, WFRP went so long without revisions because it was in limbo for so long due to licensing issues. Plus, with their miniatures game being so much more profitable just made them very bleh on bothering.

As for GURPS, Steve Jackson is just made of pure fun and genius. The man seems to be able to do no wrong.

I just really feel no sympathy whatsoever for anyone who buys a large number of books for a popular tabletop game and then gets upset when a new edition comes out.

You can always find people to play older editions. Hell, I still know people who play Basic and 1st Ed D&D, along with the earlier renditions of Vampire, Werewolf and Shadowrun. Whether or not it's worth the effort is an entirely diffferent matter.

The folks who still play 1st Ed Shadowrun are fucking insane by the way.

Catfish_Man

• Assorted Stuff
« Reply #96 on: 14 Feb 2008, 00:13 »

If they really do create some terrifically implemented online component, we should create forumite campaign. Ozy has never played before, so he can be the DM.

Hahahahahahaha. Wizards of the Coast do something competent with a computer? Everything offline they do is squeaky clean and beautifully designed, but their computer stuff is utter crap.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #97 on: 15 Feb 2008, 17:24 »

Agreed, their tools are pretty shitty.

I used the name generator, and they gave me a name for a "Elven Dwarven Defender"

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #98 on: 28 Feb 2008, 14:51 »

So I've heard, but I haven't checked, that this newsletter thing contains a preview of the rules. All I know for sure is that the even number-oriented statistics are intact from 3E.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Narr

« Reply #99 on: 28 Feb 2008, 18:26 »

Reading through this thread, all I can tell is that everything Narr is complaining about makes me want to pick up D&D when this comes out.

:(

I realize some of what they're wanting to do in this edition (basically, the MMO aspect of it) is more appealing to a general audience, but it really does ruin the feel of the game for me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up