Poll

When Sven Met Faye... yay or nay!

Yay!
- 74 (72.5%)
Nay!
- 28 (27.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Keep Em Together, or Tear Em Apart..  (Read 89652 times)

AndrewDB

• Emoticontraindication
Keep Em Together, or Tear Em Apart..
« on: 15 Feb 2008, 00:52 »

Well..?

AntiThesis

Re: Keep Em Together, or Tear Em Apart..
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2008, 00:57 »

Tear em apart isn't exactly what I'd call it, more siding with whoever it was who said it would be on Faye's terms or not at all.

That said... how is it that a webcomic has involved me so much that I think about the fictional characters psychology?

AnotherQCaddict

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2008, 03:36 »

I'm pouncing on the fallout of relationships, not caring so much for who has who, though.
*sneezes* Sorry, I'm allergic to bullshit.

Naoko

« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2008, 05:42 »

If Faye doesn't sober up the next day and knock Sven out, then this comic is ruined forever. I've lost my drive to read.

GOD WHYYY?

Seriously, this is worse than Dora + Marten, and at least Dora + Marten actually MADE SENSE. Whether I like Dora + Marten or not, this is just freaking WRONG.

WindyCloud

« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2008, 05:49 »

Drama is a necessity, they will definitely not stay together ;P

Janny

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2008, 06:42 »

I hope it's not going to be like those cliche romantic movies where they get together- brake up - have a fight - get back together.
Voted for "nay" although in the back of my head the Sven and Faye couple feels right somehow. Sven did say he wants to stop being a jerk and set himself right from now on. And Faye is supposed to quit drinking. Who knows? Maybe this dysfunctional couple will make sense laterish.
Poor poor Raven though...

Scruffy

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • The Janitor
« Reply #6 on: 15 Feb 2008, 07:48 »

I'm just psyched that she took that step.  It doesn't have to be about Sven, it's about her.  So if the relationship goes forward, awesome, it will be interesting.  If it doesn't, at least Fayes character has finally DEVELOPED! YAY!  After so much reading!  Finally! A step forward!

bbqrocks

« Reply #7 on: 15 Feb 2008, 08:22 »

Think about it people. This will definitely not stay together, if it succumbs to peer pressure.

roadkillnecrophiliac

« Reply #8 on: 15 Feb 2008, 08:25 »

^yeah that

Faye was starting to bore me, but she's got my attention again now. :P

bbqrocks

« Reply #9 on: 15 Feb 2008, 08:42 »

If it takes another man to make a woman interesting to you...

:-P Just kidding. It did seem like faye was stuck on an infinite loop. But this ain't gonna last long...Dora will be pissed, Marten will be pissed, Raven will be pissed, sober Faye will be slightly pissed..

And faye really doesn't want to join the endless list of svens exes, does she?

Scruffy

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • The Janitor
« Reply #10 on: 15 Feb 2008, 08:51 »

@bbqrocks

Heck yeah.  It'll be fun-on-the-bun!

Although, I really don't think Faye was drunk.  I think she may have taken that one "courage" drink though.

enigmaMR

« Reply #11 on: 15 Feb 2008, 09:04 »

she'll beat the crap out of him monday, no worries

Amadeus

« Reply #12 on: 15 Feb 2008, 09:27 »

"And it was all a dreeeeeeeeeeeeeam"
Jeph probably wouldn't do that, but how pissed would you be? haha

caulfield

« Reply #13 on: 15 Feb 2008, 09:40 »

my little brother now has gloating rights because he saw this coming for a while but I kept insisting that it was a little too obvious to the readership for the plot to take a cliche turn like that... then the hints got bigger and bigger-er and I kept insisting that NO, Sven is all wrong for her, she is in therapy, he is a recovering womanizer, it is not good... blah blah blah

and now I am full of crap. thanks alot.

Doug S. Machina

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #14 on: 15 Feb 2008, 09:43 »

:laugh: After a weekend of crazed speculation, a legion of forumites would surely decend on Jeph's house to give him a kicking. "Remember, avoid the hands!"
Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

Beefylovelord

• Not quite a lurker
  • Huuurrgggh.... Grrreeeerrr... HNNNNNNNN
« Reply #15 on: 15 Feb 2008, 10:32 »

First time poster, who knows how long I've read?

These two don't seem that bad honestly, people seem to be stuck on Sven, but honestly he's been developing in a pretty nice guy. He's been nothing but genuinely friendly with Faye, and when you think about it, he meets the two big rules for being on fayes good side. Bear in mind i'm not being completely stonefaced serious, but this is just how I see things in terms of the comic. 

1. As much as people try and avoid seeing it, he's been a gentlemen ( at least as much as he can be without becoming boring. ) He's been very honest and straightforward friendly with her, he hasn't tried to put any kind of moves on her while drunk, mostly because- of faye attraction point #2.

2. He fears her. He flinches when she gets within arms reach. Faye likes this!

I don't think they'll have to break up for drama to happen, at least not right away- Drama will come when Dora finds this out, and no one believes Sven didn't make the first move or seduce her, ( given his reputation. ) Dora ( prolly even marten ) will likely be all over him. If not with outright hostility, then with a great deal of suspicion.

Besides, we've seen nothing to show anything else is happening between them yet. while I'm sure alot of people picture the next comic having them wake up in bed or something, it could just be that Faye gives him a kiss, he's left at a complete loss, and she leaves him with drunken crazy girl who barfs on his cat. ;)

Despite the amount of dislike people have for Sven, i think alot of people are stuck on the first impression of him. He's actually become a pretty nice guy.

reinah

« Reply #16 on: 15 Feb 2008, 10:38 »

First time poster, who knows how long I've read?

These two don't seem that bad honestly, people seem to be stuck on Sven, but honestly he's been developing in a pretty nice guy. He's been nothing but genuinely friendly with Faye, and when you think about it, he meets the two big rules for being on fayes good side. Bear in mind i'm not being completely stonefaced serious, but this is just how I see things in terms of the comic. 

1. As much as people try and avoid seeing it, he's been a gentlemen ( at least as much as he can be without becoming boring. ) He's been very honest and straightforward friendly with her, he hasn't tried to put any kind of moves on her while drunk, mostly because- of faye attraction point #2.

2. He fears her. He flinches when she gets within arms reach. Faye likes this!

I don't think they'll have to break up for drama to happen, at least not right away- Drama will come when Dora finds this out, and no one believes Sven didn't make the first move or seduce her, ( given his reputation. ) Dora ( prolly even marten ) will likely be all over him. If not with outright hostility, then with a great deal of suspicion.

Besides, we've seen nothing to show anything else is happening between them yet. while I'm sure alot of people picture the next comic having them wake up in bed or something, it could just be that Faye gives him a kiss, he's left at a complete loss, and she leaves him with drunken crazy girl who barfs on his cat. ;)

Despite the amount of dislike people have for Sven, i think alot of people are stuck on the first impression of him. He's actually become a pretty nice guy.

I know! I actually really like Sven.

bbqrocks

« Reply #17 on: 15 Feb 2008, 10:39 »

Depends how far he took it back...If it went all the way back to strip 3 (with the old graphics) that would be pretty awesome.

Beefylovelord just summed it up. Thread over, guys.

xiann

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #18 on: 15 Feb 2008, 10:46 »

This is my first post, I just had to sign up because I loved QC so much this week!

I think that Faye and Sven have some potential. Sven is a pretty good guy, and a little rough around the edges, which is a good complement to Faye's personality (she's got pointy edges, too!). He can counter-snark against Faye really well too. And they obviously have a lot of pent up energy together ...

I think Sven might turn Faye down though, thinking she's just trying to use him because she wants to get laid and thinks he's easy. Or she'll just run away and hide under a rock somewhere, and then there will be months of awkward moments.

Yay for drama! ;)

Doug S. Machina

« Reply #19 on: 15 Feb 2008, 11:01 »

Depends how far he took it back...If it went all the way back to strip 3 (with the old graphics) that would be pretty awesome.

That would be awesome. If is was some kind of flashback. If it was permanant, no.
Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

bbqrocks

« Reply #20 on: 15 Feb 2008, 11:08 »

Ha...If he woke up and it was panel 3 again...And then he woke up again and it really had all happened, that would be great.

Actually, I would just get the feeling jeph was fucking with us.

AndrewDB

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #21 on: 15 Feb 2008, 11:13 »

If Faye doesn't sober up the next day and knock Sven out, then this comic is ruined forever. I've lost my drive to read.

I'm assuming you've never heard of the old saying platonic relationship until things explode ?

Tonight, they exploded. Granted, Faye didn't (thank the Creator) rip her clothes off and leap on to Sven, and scream "Take me like you took that karaoke music!", but, she did it her way.

bbqrocks

« Reply #22 on: 15 Feb 2008, 11:46 »

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. We now have FOUR faye & sven threads. We do not need 4.

AndrewDB

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #23 on: 15 Feb 2008, 13:18 »

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. We now have FOUR faye & sven threads. We do not need 4.

No we need MOAR!!  :laugh:

tomart

• Curry sauce
  • tactile telemetry nexus
« Reply #24 on: 15 Feb 2008, 15:39 »

For a first-time poster, BeefyLoveLord has summarized the situation succinctly.

caulfield: "and I kept insisting that NO, Sven is all wrong for her, she is in therapy, he is a recovering womanizer, it is not good... blah blah blah
and now I am full of crap. thanks alot."

Yeah, me too.

I've gradually and grudgingly changed my opinion of Sven, he does seem properly respectful of Faye (and her punches) and this might only be Faye's pushing her boundaries, NOT the much-heralded Sven/Faye love fest.

.......Yeah, which of the many Faye/Sven threads should I post to?   
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2008, 15:41 by tomart »
Irresponsible Adult GOM

thefoolbesidethehill

« Reply #25 on: 15 Feb 2008, 16:19 »

This is good that Faye is "pushing her boundaries" - she is flexing her psychological muscles, which she really hasn't been able to do in years.  I don't think she'll do anything really rash - Sven is obviously not yet fit to be with Faye, and even after drinking I'm pretty sure she's still aware of that, despite both the "sheen->blush" and the grab->kiss. 

She's now given Sven actual motivation to work toward something bigger and better than a few nights or weeks of hot sex - and Faye will continue to toy with him like a cat with a mouse unless and until he proves himself capable of some kind of emotional maturity. 

I wouldn't worry.  That kiss is all we'll see for now, which is exactly as it should be. 

tinkerbell85

« Reply #26 on: 15 Feb 2008, 16:32 »

long-time reader (~ 4 years!), first time poster...

I've been waiting for the Faye-Sven moment since they met.  It seems to work better in so many ways than Marten and Faye, personality-wise, etc. (not to mention for the continuation of the strip - if Marten and Faye would have gotten together instead of he and Dora, there would be no more plot and QC would sadly diminish.

It could easily go so many ways at this point - nothing in this comic ever lends itself to actual predictability (thanks for the originality Jeph!), and that is exactly the way it should be.

I just hope that, no matter what, it doesn't end up with Faye completely heartbroken (or Sven, for that matter  :-P).

This strip would make a better tv show than most out there...

EdithKeelerMustDie

« Reply #27 on: 15 Feb 2008, 17:00 »

It would be a nice bit of drama if Sven tried to turn her down. Though drama is fun, I think Faye deserves a happy relationship at this point, so there should be a fluffy struggle with Faye chasing Sven a bit and Sven realizing his feelings for Faye. Or even, vice versa!

But I like happy endings (relationship wise).

foofighterq

• Not quite a lurker
  • Hanners is the cute. There is no other cute.
« Reply #28 on: 15 Feb 2008, 17:18 »

personaly dont rly see this as a start of a realationship for them. its moar of a hanners-touching-the-toilet-seat moment, only its faye n shes finnaly kissing someone (only took a thousand plus episodes).
I will not, under any circumstances, marry a woman I know to be a faithless, conniving, back-stabbing witch simply because I am absolutely desperate to perpetuate my family line. Of course, we can still date.

Cateyes

« Reply #29 on: 15 Feb 2008, 17:24 »

I have been waiting for their relationship to advance for a long time.  There is a chemistry between them that I just love.  Even if this does not turn into a dating situation it will be nice to see the interaction between them from this point on.  Sucks that it is Friday...I want more.

foofighterq

• Not quite a lurker
  • Hanners is the cute. There is no other cute.
« Reply #30 on: 15 Feb 2008, 17:30 »

oh and also, Jeph you are the devil, springing ANOTHER first kiss on your loving fans on a friday.
I will not, under any circumstances, marry a woman I know to be a faithless, conniving, back-stabbing witch simply because I am absolutely desperate to perpetuate my family line. Of course, we can still date.

Naoko

« Reply #31 on: 16 Feb 2008, 02:33 »

personaly dont rly see this as a start of a realationship for them. its moar of a hanners-touching-the-toilet-seat moment, only its faye n shes finnaly kissing someone (only took a thousand plus episodes).

I agree. I don't see how this could actually turn into anything more than "Faye pushing her boundaries."

But hey, I also didn't think Jeph would do something like this, either...

I've always loved QC, but the comic has been getting either boring or annoying lately. I guess Faye kissing Sven is interesting, but it also falls under the category of "wtf I thought this comic was less cliche'd and better than this." I don't know. I'm bothered.
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2008, 02:36 by Naoko »

Enigmatick

« Reply #32 on: 16 Feb 2008, 09:07 »

My first post here, long-time reader.

I find it interesting that, at least in this thread, only two posts mention a serious component to consider in the Faye/Sven dynamic: Raven. I think it's going to very interesting to see how she takes this news. A kiss alone would cause a murderous rage, imagine how she'd readt if they do the dirty together! The next day at work is going to be mighty interesting. Unless of course, everyone tries to keep it secret. Somehow I don't think that will be likely, considering this group's track record.

Just a couple things to ponder.

EDIT:I stand corrected. After posting this I found that the issue of Raven is discussed quite heavily in another thread. Classic noob mistake.

If you're still breathing, you must be doing something right.
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2008, 09:10 by Enigmatick »

fallax

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #33 on: 16 Feb 2008, 09:11 »

Agreed on the "boring" thing. However, I think a whole Faye-and-Sven couple would be boring too, because it is so predictable and QC has always been non-cliche. I find it so hard to believe all the people that were like "I never saw this coming!!" Really? Faye and Sven have been tantalizingly close, showing some romantic tension just like Marten and Faye used to have, and there was so much foreshadowing in the talk with Dora about Faye getting laid. At first, I knew immediately that there would be something romantic coming Faye's way because of that strip with Dora. Put it together with the fact that the only eligible male she is close to is Sven, and there you go. I considered a random hookup too, but it seemed way too out of Faye's character to do that, and I also wondered if she'd make a move on marten, but that would just be terrible and all the Dora/Marten supporters would scream for her blood. Plus she'd probably ruin her friendship with Dora, possibly Marten as well if he really is as attached to Dora as he tells her.

It also would be too much like how Dora and Marten got together--girl kisses unexpecting boy, they talk and agree to become a couple, then they face tension with other members of the social group over it. I'm hoping it doesn't go that route. I have never been a fan of the Faye/Sven shipping, but I could almost deal with it so long as it doesn't happen right away.

I've always thought they'd be great as best friends helping each other get over their past problems, but platonically, Faye teaching Sven not to use women and Sven pushing Faye to get over her issues. The kiss seems, to me, like exactly what it said: Faye pushing her boundaries. I doubt Sven will push her away or anything, as some have suggested, but I do think Faye will break off the kiss and spend a while doing some serious thinking.  I can see her telling him a few strips from now that it was a one time thing, that she needed to test her limits, and that she doesn't want it to be a real coupling yet. Being supportive, he takes it well and they go back to being friends, Faye now having taken a huge leap in getting well and pushing herself. Maybe, a few hundred strips afterwards, they revisit the kiss and do become a couple, after Faye has developed more.

My biggest fear right now is that Dora's talk with Faye really is foreshadowing in the literal sense, and Monday's strip is Faye waking up in Sven's bed. That would be way too fast for her at this point, and could cause her to have a breakdown, plus a huge fight in the group. Other than that, I just hope this doesn't closely follow the Marten-Dora path, and that it makes allowance for Faye's issues and isn't just "I was messed up but now I'm totally okay! Let's be together!"

AndrewDB

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #34 on: 16 Feb 2008, 09:36 »

Sven is the only male who puts up with Faye's shit in a tolerable way without going off the deep end and calling her an alcoholic...

I think he sees some of himself in Faye.

Stubborn, ruthless, loyal devoted friend, has his problems and he can't figure them out for his own so he needs someone, or his friends to help him sort them out. (I'd even go as far as saying his pimping, and over all flirtatious nature is a problem that he's been trying to solve by finding just that one person..  and he may see that one person as Faye.)

DigiSim

« Reply #35 on: 16 Feb 2008, 11:54 »

And when Faye wakes up, she sees Hanners nude in bed with her while Pintsize watches.

Naoko

« Reply #36 on: 16 Feb 2008, 12:51 »

Sven is the only male who puts up with Faye's shit in a tolerable way without going off the deep end and calling her an alcoholic...

I think he sees some of himself in Faye.

Stubborn, ruthless, loyal devoted friend, has his problems and he can't figure them out for his own so he needs someone, or his friends to help him sort them out. (I'd even go as far as saying his pimping, and over all flirtatious nature is a problem that he's been trying to solve by finding just that one person..  and he may see that one person as Faye.)

Why is everyone ignoring Hanners? What about Hanners?

Hanners has supported Faye, too! She never said any crap against Faye, Faye has leaned on her quite a bit, and Faye went to Hanners when she was sad/upset how many times?

Let's not forget Hanners. She's done at least as much for Faye as Sven has, and I'd say she's done a heck of a lot more.

Besides, Hanners is a lot more awesome than Sven.

Maybe I'm forgetting something, but from what I remember, Hanners has not only put up with Faye, but has helped her, too.

Apple Pie

• Plantmonster
  • Chicks flashing PCI slots doesn't do much for me.
« Reply #37 on: 16 Feb 2008, 13:46 »

Man, this thread is almost turning into a 'coming out' thread. All these newbie posters driven to post for their very first time due to last week's excitement...(hoorah!)

I don't think Sven and Faye are going to work. At least, not right now. Maybe later (although, I hope not, I voted NAY NAY NAY), but I have doubts that this kiss is going to lead to a permanent relationship in the immediate future.

I see Faye getting pushed away.

Poor Faye.

Meanwhile, when word gets round a looooooot of people are gonna be pissed.

Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy.
"Did your Man Jesus ever have a wife?"
"No, but his girlfriend was a whore."
"Well...that's a start."

bbqrocks

« Reply #38 on: 16 Feb 2008, 14:09 »

^^ you aren't seriously suggesting canon faye/hanners, are you?

Rocketman

• A little bitter.
« Reply #39 on: 16 Feb 2008, 16:37 »

I know I am.

tomart

• Curry sauce
  • tactile telemetry nexus
« Reply #40 on: 16 Feb 2008, 17:52 »

I'm not the only one who would enjoy that, and there are some reasonable reasons why it could work, but I wonder if Jeph (feels his audience) is ready for a prime-time QC lesbian coupling.  It still gets people in trouble in RL, (and didn't seem that fulfilling for Amanda)  but I do give Jeph a lot of credit for having cute, happy Tai be so open about it.  Maybe a strip named "Questionable Content" could be courageous enough to flaunt the Moral Guardians, although they do have too much power.
Irresponsible Adult GOM

cwoolard

« Reply #41 on: 16 Feb 2008, 18:46 »

I'm not the only one who would enjoy that, and there are some reasonable reasons why it could work, but I wonder if Jeph (feels his audience) is ready for a prime-time QC lesbian coupling.  It still gets people in trouble in RL, (and didn't seem that fulfilling for Amanda)  but I do give Jeph a lot of credit for having cute, happy Tai be so open about it.  Maybe a strip named "Questionable Content" could be courageous enough to flaunt the Moral Guardians, although they do have too much power.

1) Hanners, if anything, has even more issues sex-wise tham Faye. If Sven and Faye *do* hook up, Hannelore's the prime canidate to replace her as "most simultaneously frustrated and frustrating" core character, a la PeeJee in S*P.
(Atlthough we seem to be running out of characters to fill the Davan-esque "semi-unrequited crush" slot. Penelope, anyone?)

2) Given that QC is on the same internet as _Something Positive_ and _Sexy Losers_, I don't think ther'd be much serious objection to a gay storyline. The bluenoses don't seem to read much webcomic, and those that do, and complain, usually end up cheefully ignored.
Edit: Whether or not Jeph wants to write it is another story entirely, of course.

3) If your gonna get silly, why no go for broke and do a Fay/Sven/Hannelore love triangle. Sven likes him some blondes, after all.
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2008, 18:53 by cwoolard »

ShaineCoradara

« Reply #42 on: 16 Feb 2008, 18:52 »

Okay, I hate to follow trend, so I will entertain my cliched intro with a smiley with an afro:  :mrgreen:

I have liked the Faye/Sven partnership since Sven was introduced to the comic. "Omg! Faye should totally beat some sense into him and then slowly let him open her up!" But then I realized how dirty that sounded and I decided to reword it, but as I'm sick right now, you don't get the re-worded version on the grounds that I cannot remember it.

I love Sven. He's the sort of boy I'd go for.
I love Faye. She's the kind of woman I used to see in myself. I hold out hope for her, that one day she can like Sven.

I've seriously been waiting for her to kiss him since he stepped on-panel. I had to reload the page twice, leave, take a shower and come back 3 hours later to make sure Jeph didn't change his mind. And then subsequently, my fever came back. I don't know if that's coincidence or not.
What I think would be a hilarious comic on Monday:

Faye waking up in Sven's bed, alone. Shower sounds off panel, Faye climbs out of bed, puts on her pants, walks into the kitchen
steps over Sven's unconscious body
and gets coffee.

Hanners comes in, fully clothed, her hair drips on Sven and wakes him up. Faye grins and says something to the effect of, "Whoa, if I had known my kisses could make boys faint, I would've been kissing them instead of hurting my hands by punching them out!"

Or something xD

I dunno, but I really like the idea of it being awkward for a while and Hanners freaking out that Faye kissed Sven and such. Eventually, they must be together! Even if it's just her moving in and being a platonic hassle like she was with Marten for a while, Marten telling her that she's falling into patterns, Faye being pissed at Marten and sleeping with Sven to prove him wrong and winding up going, "Ohhh, that's awesome and a half."

Okay, feverish rantings done. Love and such.

(by the by, first post, long time reader.  :evil:)

ShaineCoradara

« Reply #43 on: 16 Feb 2008, 18:54 »

1) Hanners, if anything, has even more issues sex-wise tham Faye. If Sven and Faye *do* hook up, Hannelore's the prime canidate to replace her as "most simultaneously frustrated and frustrating" core character, a la PeeJee in S*P.
(Atlthough we seem to be running out of characters to fill the Davan-esque "semi-unrequited crush" slot. Penelope, anyone?)

Dude, if you're going to have Penelope become a lesbian, hook HER up with Faye. The comment of, "Don't get into romantic disputes" after they left the gym is foreshadowing that can be used there :p

cwoolard

« Reply #44 on: 16 Feb 2008, 19:19 »

Dude, if you're going to have Penelope become a lesbian, hook HER up with Faye. The comment of, "Don't get into romantic disputes" after they left the gym is foreshadowing that can be used there :p

Yeah, but Hanners/Penelope fits the whole "major characters must have same hair color to hook up" thing.
(Steve being the exception that proves the rule...)

DesolateDecember

« Reply #45 on: 16 Feb 2008, 19:39 »

I am so very torn on this topic. On some level it looks like it could never work. Simply based on Sven's confrontation/commitment problems, leaving the mentally fragile Faye incapable of trusting him, despite his actual efforts to change his ways. That alone easily leads then to failure.

Yet there is some strange hope because they both do want to make drastic changes in their lives. Each has given the other good advice on their respective subjects. They could end up being just the kind of support the other needs to make their changes. Therefore enabling them to create a pretty decent relationship.

Naoko

« Reply #46 on: 17 Feb 2008, 00:35 »

All I meant is that everyone is saying "oh my god they're so good together because Sven makes Faye's problems go away and blah blah blargh," when it's kind of stupid. Hanners has done more for Faye than Sven has, so should Faye hook up with Hanners? I wouldn't say so. Who cares if Faye feels better around Sven? She feels better around just about anyone who isn't in a relationship, particularly Dora and Marten.

AndrewDB

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #47 on: 17 Feb 2008, 02:15 »

She feels better around just about anyone who isn't in a relationship, particularly Dora and Marten.

I think she only feels that way because she isn't IN one.

Naoko

« Reply #48 on: 17 Feb 2008, 04:21 »

She feels better around just about anyone who isn't in a relationship, particularly Dora and Marten.

I think she only feels that way because she isn't IN one.

That, and because she used to like Marten.

All I'm saying is that the whole "Sven makes Faye feel better" thing is a load of crap. Just about any other character makes her feel better other than Dora. That's all.

skaps

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #49 on: 17 Feb 2008, 09:12 »

I just realized what this relationship reminds me of...me and my ex boyfriend. It fits almost exactly!

I'm a bit like Faye [except without a dead dad, so a  wee bit less of the issues] and he used to be a horrific womanizer. He met me, who doesn't put up with that kind of BS, and he finally settled down [before we began dating, to prove himself or something]. Except, of course, then my slight issues and need to be with just me got in the way so we broke up. But we had become friends before dating, so we're still friends now...and we still have feelings for one another. Hell, I could even see myself marrying the guy one day if things worked out when we got to be more of Sven/Faye's age group.

I don't think you should go out and try to change people, but sometimes it just happens.

So I really think they could work out realistically. The argument against it is that it doesn't seem realistic, but from where I'm standing IT IS REAL! It has already happened.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up