Poll

When Sven Met Faye... yay or nay!

Yay!
- 74 (72.5%)
Nay!
- 28 (27.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keep Em Together, or Tear Em Apart..  (Read 89655 times)

CynthiaFaye

Re: Keep Em Together, or Tear Em Apart..
« Reply #50 on: 17 Feb 2008, 09:43 »

First time poster, long time reader.

Everyone keeps talking about "when faye sobers up..." blah blah blah

If you'll go back a couple of comics, you'd see that Faye only has one drink.  One.  Not enough to get a seasoned alcoholic even tipsy.  So, she's not drunk.  There's no sobering up for her to do.

Yeah, she kissed Sven.  I was against them hooking up at first (I was always pulling for Faye/Martin, but that's just me,) but in the recent weeks, I've been coming to terms with the fact that this was probably going to happen.

Good for them.  I hope when Faye gets more of her issues worked through in therapy, that they are happy together.

DesolateDecember

« Reply #51 on: 17 Feb 2008, 10:11 »

Commitment definitely seems to be one of Sven's weak spots. In some respects I don't think he's really ready for a woman as strong as Faye. I'd also say as emotionally demanding as Faye as well, but most women, myself included, are emotionally demanding. Ok so she's brings a few to many carry ons. But if a girl dose not have daddy issues then she has them with ex's.

With all thats being said, I have some lurking feeling the outcome will be something none of us thought of yet. Seems impossible I know.

*Strange, off topic, thought* I think Hanners still has that creepy robot body in her closet. She should program it to do her cleaning for her.

Number_Zer0

« Reply #52 on: 18 Feb 2008, 19:08 »

I'm glad that Sven and Faye finally hooked up.
Faye needs a man with issues.
Sven needs a woman with issues.
They complete each other.
Like two halves of a... something. An orange.
Like two halves of an orange.
A really angry, drunken orange.

It was either going to be Sven or Dr. Tran.
They're the only two men who can give out the hot lovin' that Faye needs.
Well, maybe Chupacabra (from Go-Girly) could.
But that's it.

Okay, okay - AND Benjamin Franklin.
Just to be fair.

Also, I called this about 100 comics ago.

The gF

« Reply #53 on: 18 Feb 2008, 19:48 »

If Faye doesn't sober up the next day and knock Sven out, then this comic is ruined forever. I've lost my drive to read.

GOD WHYYY?

Seriously, this is worse than Dora + Marten, and at least Dora + Marten actually MADE SENSE. Whether I like Dora + Marten or not, this is just freaking WRONG.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but you sound like an incredibly bitter person incapable of handling change. o.O  What exactly is so terrible about the characters getting into relationships?

Helios05

• Plantmonster
  • Having fun and dark sacrifices!
« Reply #54 on: 18 Feb 2008, 21:53 »

I decided that I might as well throw in my 2 cents here, have been a lurker on the forums and a long-time reader.

I have been a supporter for Faye/Sven since the two first met. They are the kind of polar opposites that have the attraction to stay together and just enough similarities that they enjoy each others company. Wit, a healthy dose of humour and sarcasm, and a wee bit of booze and they are the Wonder Twins reborn. So that they would get together has been something I've been expecting for a long time, the latest comic proves beyond all shadow of a doubt, at least in my eyes, that it's gonna happen, like it or not folks. :-P  So, question is, what now...

Dora has said she's off limits, with murderous intent. Marten isn't any different, though whether or not Marten has the testicular fortitude to do it is up for debate. Faye herself may not understand her feelings and be hurt at first, meaning bodily harm for Sven. I have noticed no Steve lately, where be Steve...waiting for a convenient time to jump in, I'd wager. Raven will likely feel hurt by BOTH Faye and Sven. All this is nothing more than simple logic, using previous comics as evidence, that I won't link because, well, if I start looking for them, I will end up reading the whole series...again.

How will all this work out, well, honestly, not damn sure it will, groups break apart over shit like this, I've seen it happen, in RL, so the possibility that we are entering the new era of QC is possible, but honestly, that's not what I'm looking towards, but that's how it looks.
"I'm fucking tripping balls! Ask Oak!"
"Bitch be TRIPPING balls!"
WOW player
Server: Zuluhed
Guild: Galactic Alliance
PM Veey or Heavenstrike to join!

Naoko

« Reply #55 on: 19 Feb 2008, 02:12 »

If Faye doesn't sober up the next day and knock Sven out, then this comic is ruined forever. I've lost my drive to read.

GOD WHYYY?

Seriously, this is worse than Dora + Marten, and at least Dora + Marten actually MADE SENSE. Whether I like Dora + Marten or not, this is just freaking WRONG.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but you sound like an incredibly bitter person incapable of handling change. o.O  What exactly is so terrible about the characters getting into relationships?

No, it's more like it's change in the wrong way.

I'm not the only one that was initially against the Dora+Marten thing, and I don't really like Dora in the first place. As for Faye and Sven, I'm not the only one that thought it was a little bit lot messed up. And judging by the latest comic, Faye's "OH GOD WHAT DID I DO" reaction, maybe I wasn't wrong.

I like Raven and Benji, though. They're cute together. I don't know if they'll last, but hey, he came down from Canada. Seems pretty cute to me.

Saying I'm "incapable of handling change" is like saying I'm incapable of being okay with something else I think is wrong, like Sven trying to force Hanners into bed or something. Most people would be against that, eh? But it's change, isn't it?

I can handle change, just not when it's wrong. I'm fine with Dora and Marten, I have totally different reasons for that (I can't stand Dora). But for Faye and Sven, really, come on. I've been on these forums a bit longer than any of this happened, and I remember about a month ago, a lot of people were saying, "Oh no, if Sven and Faye hook up, I think a little part of me will die." There are a million reasons against Faye and Sven.

So no, it's not "incapable of handling change." It's "I hate Dora, and I'm incapable of handling Faye messing up her life even more."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up