Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 25 Jan 2022, 23:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: heeeey member me?  (Read 10208 times)

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
Re: heeeey member me?
« Reply #50 on: 04 Mar 2008, 02:04 »

How do you buy food and pay rent if you're spending that much time at university? That is insane, even my 65 hour week leaves me no spare time to do anything except occasionally mouth off on the internet, and I make just enough to get by on my 25 hours a week.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #51 on: 04 Mar 2008, 03:41 »

This year I only have about 5 hours of class time a week which allows me to work about 24 hours in a week. I'm meant to do 20 hours of outside class study which I try to get through. Life is good.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #52 on: 04 Mar 2008, 04:17 »

Um... unless I am writing a paper or a report or something, I do not spend any time on school stuff outside of class. Oh, and "studying"*.

*Studying for me is actually learning it for the first time.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Tactical Error

• Plantmonster
« Reply #53 on: 04 Mar 2008, 08:17 »

How do you buy food and pay rent if you're spending that much time at university?

VA dependent education benefits cover most of my living expenses so I only had to borrow an extra couple thousand in student loans to pick up the slack. Also my program is only 21 months, effectively halving said expenses.

As for studying, most classes come with a set of power points and a book of roughly 500-1000 pages of technical reading as well as individual and, sometimes, group projects to be completed outside of class.
Quote from: camelpimp
Funny how recognizing the problem doesn't really help one on the road to solving it.
http://tacticalerror.deviantart.com/

mooface

« Reply #54 on: 04 Mar 2008, 10:15 »

man, i don't do shit for school.  i even have four day school weeks!

i love going to an american school with an italian mentality.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #55 on: 04 Mar 2008, 11:23 »

Tommy most of us are sane enough to not live 45 miles away from our jobs.

Hell, I live over 30 miles away from where I work and where I go to school.

But back on that, Heloo again Coreh, didn't notice you were gone. But then again, when you're doing full time school, part time job about 25 hours a week, and 20+ hours of out of class editing for projects a week things tend to slip past oneself.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #56 on: 04 Mar 2008, 11:38 »

Failing is anything less than 70%; 94% is only a B.
Jesus. Anything over a 70% in my course is the epitome of achievement - over 80 would probably be good enough to get you into international journals.

I must say I do like Irish college more than American college. No fees, light workloads (at least in my end - they're much heavier in sciencey-stuff) and my first-year mediaeval history lecturer was the world-authority on the papacy between 1000 and 1200.
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #57 on: 05 Mar 2008, 03:15 »

Tommy most of us are sane enough to not live 45 miles away from our jobs.

What are you trying to say about my dad.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #58 on: 14 Mar 2008, 12:19 »

I did a practice exam question a couple of weeks ago for my english teacher. I spent a good half of the time sneezing, my handwriting was illegible and I knew before I'd even finished that it was without a doubt the worst essay I'd ever written. But when I got it back, I'd got an A... with 17/25. What's the point in even having a standardised grade system if the grade boundaries aren't standardised? My Law exam required 96/120 to get an A. I'm not great at maths but my computer tells me that's a 12 percentage point difference in grades. Hmm.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up