THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When the Levee breaks  (Read 9775 times)

LingLing_THD

When the Levee breaks
« on: 21 Feb 2008, 12:29 »

Minor point, but did anyone else notice that comic #1060, "When the Levee Breaks", marks the beginning of the day on which Faye will eventually sleep with Sven?  How's that for some comic title foreshadowing?
  Now all that's left is for someone to make a grueling, absurdly detailed plot prediction based on the lyrics for that song!  Hmmm... "Crying won't help you, praying won't do you no good"...that means that Faye will be unable to get over her depression after the one-night stand, and she'll have a crisis of faith that result in a emotional and religious schism from her Southern Baptist upbringing, resulting in a Kantian renunciation of humanity's connection to the spiritual.  And then she moves to Chicago.  Sorry, but she can't take you.
  God, I am just so freaking clever. :-)

D

• Not quite a lurker
Re: When the Levee breaks
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2008, 16:15 »

I can't believe you didn't fit "going down" somewhere into that little prediction.

dozyrozy

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2008, 21:05 »

Well if we're going to go into foreshadowing like this... her shirt says 'This will destroy you' That can't possibly be a good sign.
I think I'll take a nap now...

idiolect

« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2008, 22:23 »

Also note, you know, what is actually said in #1060 -- Dora to Faye: "I think it's good to push your boundaries sometimes."

Doug S. Machina

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #4 on: 22 Feb 2008, 04:23 »

Well if we're going to go into foreshadowing like this... her shirt says 'This will destroy you' That can't possibly be a good sign.

Possibly, but it's a band name, so this may just be reading to much into it. There will be conflict and drama, but I don't think that Dora will declare him persona non grata or something. Marten wore a t-shirt reading "The Pipettes" but I don't think he going into science. (It was one of the few band references I caught.)
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2008, 05:41 by Doug S. Machina »
Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

JReynolds

• Larger than most fish
  • We thought you was a toad!
« Reply #5 on: 22 Feb 2008, 04:41 »

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, I guess.
When folly and lies are sown broadcast, one necessarily reaps insanity.  --Zola
Pages: [1]   Go Up