THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 09:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sleeping with people with genital herpes?  (Read 42162 times)

singeivoire

Re: Sleeping with people with genital herpes?
« Reply #150 on: 27 Feb 2008, 09:20 »

late-period chicken pox is called shingles and it is fucking painful. Dave Letterman got it and was out of commission for awhile.

You want to get chicken pox early.

Actually, shingles is caused by the chicken pox virus, but it's not the same disease. I got shingles last winter (and yes, DANG) but I had the pox when I was really little. It's like the old virus just comes out of remission or something.

They put me on Valtrex to get rid of the shingles - it worked, but I got not end of grief about it from my friends.

Best prevention against shingles is don't take immune system suppressing drugs while regularly staying up till 5 am to watch reruns of The X Files and MASH. That's my advice, anyway.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #151 on: 27 Feb 2008, 12:02 »

I've never had chicken pox either, so that is a good question.

One of my mates got the chickenpox when she was in first year in college, and it can be quite serious apparently. It left some scars and everything. So, avoid sick kids, I guess?

Well, there's a strong possibility I have an immunity to it from what my doctor told me, but I am not going to go out of my way to get it. When/if I have kids and they get it, I will not be around them while they have it just to be safe.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #152 on: 27 Feb 2008, 12:34 »

You could setup a camera so that you can monitor your kids from another room. That's what my dad did when my youngest sister was born; my other sister and I had chicken pox at the time, so we had to watch our new sister remotely on the television.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #153 on: 27 Feb 2008, 12:36 »

That just sounds sad.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #154 on: 27 Feb 2008, 12:43 »

Seriously though. The production values were terrible. No title graphics, no emotional music, nothing.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #155 on: 27 Feb 2008, 13:31 »

That's what I was thinking; I'd of been really pissed because I was 5 when my sister was born, so there's no freakin' way you could convince me that I should be watching my sister in a nursery rather than Ghostbusters. No freakin' way.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #156 on: 28 Feb 2008, 06:43 »

I think I might have had German measles at one point, is that also called rubella?

On a side note, is it not extrememly racist to name an illness after a race?

Anyway, that wasn't the point I was making. The point I was making is that following my outbreak of chicken pox whilst being a small child, I acquired a scar on the right hand side of my forehead, just above the place you aren't supposed to hit in case it makes your eyes fall out. I'm amazed it's the only one I got, I'm a scratcher when it comes to itchy skin conditions. Thankfully I've never acquired any STIs (although if I do start thinking I might, then I'll just have to go to my college reception and ask for a test... an idea which I find not only terrifying but also rather creepy. If I was going to discover I had chlamydia, the current illness of choice, then I believe I would prefer to do so via a doctor, not through a text message sent to me by the Student Services desk).
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #157 on: 28 Feb 2008, 07:28 »

I'm pretty sure it's named after the country or the region, not the people.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #158 on: 28 Feb 2008, 11:11 »

Actually, it is a state of mind.

bbqrocks

« Reply #159 on: 28 Feb 2008, 11:18 »

According to todays comic, apparently faye has no problem with sleeping with people with genital herpes.

Hahahaha.

Haha.

:|

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #160 on: 28 Feb 2008, 14:01 »

I didn't LOL.
Hate, rain on me

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #161 on: 28 Feb 2008, 14:40 »

I don't get it, but I also don't want you to explain.

Amaroq

« Reply #162 on: 06 Mar 2008, 12:55 »

Sorry for the uppage, but I noticed that none of the prior responses touched on how she's feeling.

I have two friends who have genital herpes - both smokin' hot women who attracted the wrong kind of guy, who lied to them about being disease-free.

Both have serious self-worth issues as a result of it; one said to me, in tears, "No guy will ever want to touch me again".

From the very limited aspects of the tale you've given us, I don't feel like she's been a very good friend to you ... but if I try to see her acting within her own insecurities and emotional response to carrying this disease, she makes sense to me. Your "rejection" would have been more hurtful to either of my friends than it ought to be, logically, and especially if you used the very thing they're afraid of rejection for as a reason to reject them.

If you had a close, long-standing friendship, I'd think that you might have every chance of being able to approach her one or two weeks later and say, "Look, I miss your friendship, and I'm sorry that I hurt you, I'd like to talk about it."

On the other hand, if you had a growing-but-not-yet-solid friendship, its possible that she was more attracted to you than she let on; again, this might help to explain why she was more hurt by your interaction than you might have expected. In that case, maybe its best to let it go.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up