THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 05:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NonCon? No such convention? No kidding!  (Read 14511 times)

jordinyc

• Balloon animal serial killer
NonCon? No such convention? No kidding!
« on: 24 Feb 2008, 18:47 »

OK did anyone else go to NonCon? Like, when there were actual people there?

I showed up Sunday and there was noone there but a few tabletop RP players. The anime and webcomic section was completely empty save for the voodoo babies person.

What happened? Or is that just how these things go and I'm an ignorant doofus for expecting anything on the last day of these things?
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2008, 18:58 by jordinyc »

Valekraft

Re: NonCon? No such convention? No kidding!
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2008, 02:44 »

What time on sunday did you go?

Typical conventions pick up around 4-6 on friday. The go all day saturday.
Sundays are packup and go home days. People are too hung over to care and all the dealers and panels are gone around 12-2 PM..

Its pretty typical.. Ive been to a few conventions and it seems that Satuday day and night is the best time to go..
Night of course if it is a party heavy convention. The ones I go to have an entire floor of a hotel that is turned into a party, its very nice.

jordinyc

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2008, 05:12 »

Oh well, lesson learned. And to be fair, they did offer to give our money back once we told them why we were there. And it was partly an excuse to hang with my friend from Albany which was nice.

But if I may, is there a site out there with a listing of upcoming conventions (webcomic, anime, whathaveyou) or should I just, as they say, lurk moar?

The Viz

« Reply #3 on: 26 Feb 2008, 08:09 »

I contemplated going (I go to Marist which is like five minutes from Vassar), but in the end I decided not too, since I can play Brawl at the Galleria, and I'm really not into anime.  Would have been cool to say hi to Jeph though, I guess.
Pages: [1]   Go Up