THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dora reaction theories  (Read 31763 times)

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
Re: Dora reaction theories
« Reply #50 on: 11 Mar 2008, 23:07 »

So you're in the "Faye is pregnant" camp?

cwoolard

« Reply #51 on: 11 Mar 2008, 23:10 »

In the future, mean-tempered yet totally hot Faye/Sven babies will kick the asses of too-cute emo Dora/Marten babies, FOREVER.

There. I thought of the children. Can I think of something else, now?

« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2008, 23:17 by cwoolard »

skaps

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #52 on: 12 Mar 2008, 01:02 »

I'm glad even Marten agrees Dora is being a crazy. I look to him as my moral compass [or emotional compass?] when it comes to my outrage at the actions of these fictional characters :P

And even though I think Dora is annoyingly prone to flying off the handle, I hope this isn't a case where she decides to put her foot in it and not back down...or whatever. I would hate to see them break up over this. It would guilt the hell out of everyone  :[

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
  • This is my personal text. Not yours!
« Reply #53 on: 12 Mar 2008, 13:55 »

I don't see where Dora gets off being angry. As soon as she found out there would be no Faye/Marten for a LONG time, she was in there snatching him up! The relationship ~WAS~ initiated off of a Dora "cuddlecuddle KISS". If anyone recalls. Dora is the total jerk here. I mean there was really no way to tell how long it was between 'The Talk' and Dora being a total thief and snatching up Marten like that, but I think the official count is 64 strips. Divide, multiply, count with little pieces of kleenex, don't care, just realize that it would make it only 13 weeks. Four Months. Obviously not even that long because we're in comic land.

The end of "The Talk" was #509. Dora plants a kiss on Marten in #564. From 509 to 564 only 48 hours (QC time) elapsed, as explicitly spelled out by Faye in this strip. All parties involved did agree that Dora was moving with indecorous haste.  8-)

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #54 on: 12 Mar 2008, 21:09 »

According to this timeline it's been three weeks (at least) since Marten and Dora hooked up.

I think Dora's just crazy.  A big ole bag of crazy.

Nick2728

« Reply #55 on: 13 Mar 2008, 08:57 »

I now dub Dora the Princess of Illogical Actions!

She says that, to her, Faye having sex with Sven to get back at her and Marten makes more sense then wanting to have sex with somebody just for the sake of it. What world is Dora living in, a dramatic opera? Frankly I don't see this relationship lasting much longer...I use to date someone who also frequently paranoid like Dora, resistant to reassurance like Dora, and is someone who I'm no longer dating either. You can try to soothe and reassure and relax people like Dora all you want but they're not going to believe it because they don't want to believe it.

Kudos to you, Marten, for being the sensible one in the relationship.

Naoko

« Reply #56 on: 13 Mar 2008, 09:15 »

According to this timeline it's been three weeks (at least) since Marten and Dora hooked up.

I think Dora's just crazy.  A big ole bag of crazy.

That's possible, but considering how the characters have developed (Faye getting used to Marten being with Dora and getting to know Sven; Dora and Marten getting closer together, having sex, meeting parents) I don't think it's been only three weeks. I mean, it's possible, but I think the characters have developed too much. If it's only been three weeks, then god, these people progress really fast.

Also... I can understand how Dora has felt SOME of the time, as I think some of her irrationality is natural in the early stages of a relationship, but she's definitely gone to far. If she was just overprotective, wouldn't she just be glad that Faye is going after someone other than Marten, and that she's kind of over Marten? It was understandable at first, but now she's really just getting silly.

Blargdorasucks. More Pen-pen and Hanners, less Dora plzkthxbai.

frullic

• Furry furrier
  • Warning: Contents under parental pressure.
    • An Adventurer is Me!
« Reply #57 on: 13 Mar 2008, 19:24 »

To sum up my prediction:

1. Marten and Dora will break up.
2. Since Dora is Faye's boss, we should think about her job.
3. Dora's paranoia will push everyone away then she will eventually hopefully realize this.
4. Then everything should go back to Hanners being cute and Pintsize being destructive.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

mrjoegangles

• Emoticontraindication
  • My other internet is a convertible
« Reply #58 on: 13 Mar 2008, 20:43 »

Then everything should go back to Hanners being cute and Pintsize being destructive.

And Jimbo being drunk.
-Insert witty and/or memorable quote here-

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #59 on: 13 Mar 2008, 20:51 »

Maybe Dora will continue with the crazy and turn into the Joker?  A female joker, to be sure.

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
« Reply #60 on: 13 Mar 2008, 22:43 »

Well, I believe she used to be a smoker and a midnight toker, so it is possible.  :mrgreen:

skaps

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #61 on: 13 Mar 2008, 23:32 »

Well, I believe she used to be a smoker and a midnight toker, so it is possible.  :mrgreen:

You scoundrel! :P

Also, I think Hannelore was thrown in there today so some of us would feel guilty for completely siding with Faye over Dora. There was a bigger picture here, people! We've obviously overlooked the possibility for weepy cuteness while sating out lust for Dora hatred D:

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #62 on: 14 Mar 2008, 08:30 »

Did anyone notice?  Marten is touching Hanners.   Dude... uncool.

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
« Reply #63 on: 14 Mar 2008, 09:48 »

Touching, but not hugging.

Hanners has been touched a few times without freaking out. Dora brushing her hair in the aftermath of the underwear ninja escapade springs immediately to mind.

Muskrat121

« Reply #64 on: 14 Mar 2008, 10:45 »

Faye also cut her hair when she chopped it off.  Though she mildly freaked out about the cleanliness she relented and did not have a break down.

Evil_Lathander

• Larger than most fish
  • Fighting The World
« Reply #65 on: 14 Mar 2008, 11:42 »

Personnaly, I'm going for the angst thing...

remember the arc where Marten had his hair cut and Dora freaked out because she didn't get a say in it?
And she was gonna tell marty about her anxietys later in life...
HUMANITY CAN SUCK MY HARDDRIVE

Martelore

« Reply #66 on: 14 Mar 2008, 22:23 »

Did anyone notice?  Marten is touching Hanners.
I bet it's going to go even further than that, if you know what I mean.

AshiHalfangel

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #67 on: 15 Mar 2008, 21:40 »

Personnaly, I'm going for the angst thing...

remember the arc where Marten had his hair cut and Dora freaked out because she didn't get a say in it?
And she was gonna tell marty about her anxietys later in life...

I had a similar situation with the hair thing with my ex...only he didn't just cut it...he fucking shaved his head! Oh, wait...he daddy shave his head because obviously he couldn't go to the salon by himself to get it done right. lol He's all like "It's my hair!" and I'm all "Yeah, but I have to look at you!"

sadakogirl

« Reply #68 on: 19 Mar 2008, 21:19 »

I had a similar situation with the hair thing with my ex...only he didn't just cut it...he fucking shaved his head! Oh, wait...he daddy shave his head because obviously he couldn't go to the salon by himself to get it done right. lol He's all like "It's my hair!" and I'm all "Yeah, but I have to look at you!"

And then there was the yearbook picture...and what were you supposed to tell your grandkids? Heh.  :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up