THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Mar 2024, 22:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Latest Hook-up

Should Faye keep this secret from Marty, and even more so to Dora?
- 14 (16.5%)
Should Dora cut off Faye's head with a sword?
- 16 (18.8%)
Is Marty going to have a mental break down when he finds out?
- 55 (64.7%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: 01 Mar 2008, 21:33

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Whopper of a plot arc!  (Read 18006 times)

Ninja Nai

A Whopper of a plot arc!
« on: 25 Feb 2008, 21:33 »

Wow, I know I said something about this in another post, but I'm not all that computer saavy, so I'm gunna try this way too. But I definatly have to say that despite my love for hot goth/rocker looking chicks, I was definatly rooting for Marty to hook-up with Faye, especially after the whole story behind her dad came out. But I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised after she kinda left him to the wind, cuz Dora's been wanting to hit that for a while! (Please forgive my use of ebonics) But I was wondering what other QC readers felt about the way things have played out. By the by, Jacques is the MAN for starting this comic!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: 25 Feb 2008, 21:35 by Ninja Nai »

AnimiLautrec

Re: A Whopper of a plot arc!
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2008, 21:52 »

Wow, I know I said something about this in another post, but I'm not all that computer saavy, so I'm gunna try this way too. But I definatly have to say that despite my love for hot goth/rocker looking chicks, I was definatly rooting for Marty to hook-up with Faye, especially after the whole story behind her dad came out. But I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised after she kinda left him to the wind, cuz Dora's been wanting to hit that for a while! (Please forgive my use of ebonics) But I was wondering what other QC readers felt about the way things have played out. By the by, Jacques is the MAN for starting this comic!!!!!!!!!!

I was too, but I like that Faye and Sven are boinking now. XD
Also, when is Jeph going to post tonights commiiiiicccccc ::is needlessly impatient::

Ninja Nai

« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2008, 21:56 »

I know right? :::dances in chair as tho he has to pee::: but i suppose Sven is definatly a wayy better choice than that wierd stalker-type dude from the coffee shop, har har har

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #3 on: 26 Feb 2008, 07:04 »

Firstly, this belongs in the General Discussion, not the WTC --there is already a thread for this week in the WTC, but you obviously know you are free to share your thoughts there.
Secondly, both of you should think about posting in the Hi, I'm New section, as you are both new, and obviously need to be told a few things.
Thirdly, don't quote the post above you. It is highly unnessessary.
Thanks.

Ninja Nai

« Reply #4 on: 26 Feb 2008, 07:45 »

well, i did post back when i first started my account, but it's been a while. And the answer to your secondly....i found this site myself, by accident, and dont know anyone nor saw any kind of "To Do" list or rules of engagement. So..oopsy daisy to me. Besides, i thought weekly comic talk meant talking about the comic during the current week....or am I just making that up?
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2008, 07:56 by Ninja Nai »

ziltoid1014

« Reply #5 on: 26 Feb 2008, 07:59 »

seems a bit strange that someone who obviously has been reading the comic for quite some time (knows of previous history with faye and marten), is completely unaware that the forum has rules to follow

i dont know man, every forum has its own rules, just take the time to find them and you wont get criticized by olda boyz

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #6 on: 26 Feb 2008, 08:31 »

well, i did post back when i first started my account

Not according to your "Previous Post" list. Nevertheless, reintroduce yourself. I'm sure few remember you, seeing as how you only have 6 posts, and those are from today.

I'm not trying to incite some kind of a war here, I'm just helping you along.

Ninja Nai

« Reply #7 on: 26 Feb 2008, 09:00 »

well yes, i have been reading the comic for some time, but i never really got into forums Just was a passive reader

EllJayusMaximus

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #8 on: 26 Feb 2008, 16:13 »

seems a bit strange that someone who obviously has been reading the comic for quite some time (knows of previous history with faye and marten), is completely unaware that the forum has rules to follow

Well, this is MY first post... been into the comic for a few months now, joined the forums recently just to see what other people say about it.  I don't know all the rules here... and speaking for myself, I'm not sure I have the time or emotional reserves to invest in becoming an expert on forum ettiquette.  The idea that knowing about the comic should be equal to being a founding forum member? Well, for one thing, there's a handy "archive" that means a person could read every comic in a day and join the forum that evening, nothing there will help them learn what the rules are.  And in any case, when you've seen one non sequitor, all the tea in China.  I don't care enough to stick around and read anyone's reply... besides, if you're someone that obviously is interested in webcomics, it would be a bit strange if you're not familiar with John Gabriel's Greater Internet Dickwad Theory.

GenericName

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: 26 Feb 2008, 16:36 »

My goodness.

Is this phenomenon of sass-and-then-leave-forever becoming too frequent? Or not frequent enough?
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

weirdbeard

• Plantmonster
    • Rants and Giggles
« Reply #10 on: 26 Feb 2008, 18:23 »

Firstly, this belongs in the General Discussion, not the WTC --there is already a thread for this week in the WTC, but you obviously know you are free to share your thoughts there.
Secondly, both of you should think about posting in the Hi, I'm New section, as you are both new, and obviously need to be told a few things.
Thirdly, don't quote the post above you. It is highly unnessessary.
Thanks.

So, you have spurred a longtime lurker (me) to register. Congratulations.
Posting a thread in the wrong place certainly merits a 'Hey, you posted this in the wrong place, use the right forum.'
And it got moved, problem solved.
But as for your secondly, what's your deal? 'obviously need to be told a few things'? what are they going to be told in the forum subtitled 'nobody wants to read your hi i'm new thread' exactly?
Well, they can read the forum rules, which address neither your firstly nor your thirdly, but apart from that it consists mainly of "I'm new!" and "Congratulations, you're new!"
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.
http://rantsandgiggles.blogspot.com

GenericName

• Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #11 on: 26 Feb 2008, 19:04 »

Actually, the "Hi, I'm New" thread really does help. You get a feel for how nice we /can/ be when we're not being annoyed, and then you can read how not to annoy us.

In addition, I do not remember posting in this thread. This is odd.
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

catbhn21

« Reply #12 on: 26 Feb 2008, 19:57 »

And in any case, when you've seen one non sequitor, all the tea in China. 

I love non sequitors. Yay! That made me smile!!

PS - There are always rules. And where there are rules, there are rulebreakers.  C'est la vie. Forum rule breaking is a lot easier to deal with than homicide, so we should all be happy.

Apple Pie

• Plantmonster
  • Chicks flashing PCI slots doesn't do much for me.
« Reply #13 on: 26 Feb 2008, 20:31 »

Is it just me, or does anyone else find the above poll hard to vote for? I mean, a "should" question is generally followed by a "yes I agree" or "no I don't" so, well...wah?

Maybe it's just been a long day.
"Did your Man Jesus ever have a wife?"
"No, but his girlfriend was a whore."
"Well...that's a start."

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #14 on: 26 Feb 2008, 20:36 »

What, you want logic in these polls?  How funny.
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

weirdbeard

• Plantmonster
    • Rants and Giggles
« Reply #15 on: 26 Feb 2008, 21:56 »

Actually, the "Hi, I'm New" thread really does help. You get a feel for how nice we /can/ be when we're not being annoyed, and then you can read how not to annoy us.

It does, but I'm not convinced that it necessarily does a better job than just reading the rest of the forum for a while.  Jeph's forum rules don't cover the nitty-gritty details, its more of a "don't be a toolbag" and the "forum hints" thread quickly devolves into two jackasses calling each other stupid.

As I said earlier, I'm a longtime lurker, so I've gotten a feel for the vibe here and really dont think that ThePQ4's attitude was appropriate. 
Simply saying "this belongs in the general discussion forum, and quoting the post above you is redundant.  maybe check out the forum rules in the hi, I'm new forum." would have sufficed. His post wasnt quite an "OMG STFU n00b!!!1!" or anything, but considering the generally polite discourse here, it wasn't exactly a matter of fact, "excuse me sir, please check yourself before you start pissing people off," either

I've seen this a number of times now, where forum veterans get all pissy about a newbie misusing the forum on their first day, and being pretty self-righteous about it (see the forum tips thread by Fatty in the Hi, I'm new forum) and i just don't get it. Like somehow having a couple thousand posts gives you asshole rights or something.
shrug

In addition, I do not remember posting in this thread. This is odd.
That would be somewhat disconcerting, sorry.
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.
http://rantsandgiggles.blogspot.com

DonInKansas

• FIGHT YOU
  • Grammar Nazi
« Reply #16 on: 26 Feb 2008, 22:12 »

Take the snarkiness with a grain of salt.  It's the way the long-timers roll, from what I've seen.

Actually you'll need a lot of salt; they taste kinda bland.
I mean, it would still suck, but at least it would suck creatively.

MC

• Furry furrier
« Reply #17 on: 27 Feb 2008, 08:16 »

here's whats gonna happen: Hannilore is gonna freak out and tell Dora, who will hunt his brother down like an angry mother bear who lost it's cub. Than Dora is gonna let it slip to Marten and Marten won't sulk, but he will be PISSED. He will say something like this "I took you in, devoted so much of myself to you, took beating after beating from you as a 'thank you' and I was told that your to emotionally fucked up to handle a relationship! Yet you bang a sleezeball at the drop of a hat, what the hell is wrong with you". After this dialog Dora will get alot of doubts about Marten's motives for dating her because why should he care so much if Faye slept with another guy? [as for the rest? I'm working on it]

GenericName

• Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #18 on: 27 Feb 2008, 16:09 »

Yeah, in a completely new QC-iverse where every character's personalities run completely inverse to their real ones.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #19 on: 28 Feb 2008, 05:57 »

Actually that sounds perfectly feasible to me, I've never met anyone who's capable of keeping something like this a complete secret from everyone forever. Although maybe Hanners won't be the one to let it slip, my money is on Faye.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

easilyamused

« Reply #20 on: 28 Feb 2008, 08:20 »

I think Marten and Dora would both be wildly out of line to be mad at Faye.  I can see Dora being mad at Sven, but it's not like Dora and Marten have any right to be anything but supportive to Faye.
(that said, I would be extremely happy if Marten was jealous of Sven.)

Ninja Nai

« Reply #21 on: 28 Feb 2008, 15:16 »

Well, being a n00b myself, I kinda felt for a second that maybe the older ones had their "clique" and newbies were verbal punching bags.
But onto better things, I can't WAIT to see how this meeting between Faye and her thereapist is going to go! *snickers in delight* But I still stand by my vote that Faye and Marty shoulda hooked up, but definatly props do Marty for scoring with Dora, especially dropping the "p*nis in mouth" line to her and dad getting away with it!!!

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #22 on: 28 Feb 2008, 19:21 »

I agree that Marten and Dora would be out of line to be mad at Faye, and that it would be reasonable for Dora to be mad at Sven.  After all, he's got a history of loving and leaving and Faye isn't in a place for that sort of thing to be okay.  I think that's not what Sven is doing at all, but, hell, he's earned some suspicion. 

As for Marten, he's going to be hit pretty hard by this.  No way around it.  I don't think he'll be angry, but he will be upset and he's going to say, to someone, something along the lines of "Why him and not me!?", which will send Dora into her own tailspin.

Since I doubt Jeph's mean enough to break Marten and Dora up over this, but this'll be tough for both of them, because they both have a passel of insecurities.

Dosmas

« Reply #23 on: 28 Feb 2008, 23:57 »

Hopefully Marten will take it well, I mean Dora and him turned out to be a great couple but this kinda super-dramatm has the markings of disaster. More power to Faye for taking the initiative though. Issues be damned, sometimes you just need a good lay.

GenericName

• Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #24 on: 29 Feb 2008, 15:48 »

As for Marten, he's going to be hit pretty hard by this.

Is there anything supporting this idea besides your need for drama? You all are saying Marten's going to react in any way other than accepting, but I doubt anyone can find a single strip where he overreacts to anything that Faye's done. The only time I can think of that he's ever had an angry reaction to something relationship-wise was when Ellen broke up with Steve and immediately went on to...what was his name? Chris? This is hardly anything like that. He's only going to be as mad as he would if any one of his ex-girlfriends slept with someone--he has said he feels that kind of way about Faye.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #25 on: 29 Feb 2008, 16:35 »

I think Dora and Marten are happy together and that they're both truly committed to and care deeply for one another. He'll likely take it hard when he first finds out, but I kind of doubt it will bring about the end of his relationship with Dora.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #26 on: 29 Feb 2008, 16:42 »

What I mean, Generic, is simply that he'll have a hard time with it.  I mean, it's not been all that long since Faye told him she couldn't do anything because she just wasn't ready.  I don't mean that he won't accept it; Marten's the nicest guy ever and for him not to be as understanding and supportive as hell would be way out of character.  I don't think he'll even be mad about it, but it'll still hurt, even if Faye really is just using Sven for sex.*  It's not really the dictates of drama, but the dictate that after months of investing himself personally in Faye, to learn that she was just a short time away from doing the no pants dance?  That she still isn't ready for a relationship, and particularly could never have slept with Marten (because she cares so much about him that being vulnerable or some crap wouldn't blah blah blah her father killed himself in front of her ) will register on one level.  On another he'll still say "why why why?" and probably make some really angsty music with deathmole.

No, I don't think it'll break Marten and Dora up.  Not even a little. 

As for reactions relationship-wise; remember what he and Steve did the day after he and Faye had The Talk?  Blind stinkin' drunk.  And met Hanners in a bathroom.

tomart

• Curry sauce
  • tactile telemetry nexus
« Reply #27 on: 29 Feb 2008, 23:23 »

You all are saying Marten's going to react in any way other than accepting

She knew how much Marten wanted, respected, put up with her punchings and waited for her, he was the perfect gentleman, patiently waiting for her to get over her issues for a very long time.  Then she explained all and said she couldn't do it.  Now to find out that if he'd been more attractive, confident and less of a "nice guy" he wouldn't have been punched nor had to wait, wtf?

If I were Marten, I'd be seriously angry at her.
Irresponsible Adult GOM

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #28 on: 29 Feb 2008, 23:27 »

I still think Marten's too much of a doormat to get angry.  He'll get angsty.  The big blue sulk, someone said.

warofthebees

« Reply #29 on: 01 Mar 2008, 04:46 »

I kind of like angry Martin.  It's always great when your doormat shows a little bit of backbone (Edward Norton in Fight Club, anyone?).

I think Sven will slip up and say something to Dora, causing Martin to be a little distressed about the Faye and Sven (for the above listed reasons), in turn causing Dora to be angry with all three of them.  I don't think there will be any breakups.

Thank God my life doesn't have any of this kind of drama...although I wish it had something interesting like this!
Pages: [1]   Go Up