THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Mar 2024, 03:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Faye really does want everyone to know...  (Read 7900 times)

PassiveTheory

Faye really does want everyone to know...
« on: 28 Feb 2008, 00:35 »

Seriously, the way she's behaving, it's completely obvious that she wants everyone to know what happened between her and Sven.

Talk about keeping it on the down low.

Muskrat121

Re: Faye really does want everyone to know...
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2008, 06:30 »

Oh,  I don't doubt that she wants everyone to know.  She just doesn't want to come right out with that.

It's like one of those things you're dying for someone to bring up so you can talk about some award you got, or thing you acomplished.  Also I'm sure it's eating her up because she doesn't feel that she has anyone she can confide in.  She's afraid to tell Marten and Dora for fear of how they'll react, she's really not that close with Raven or PenPen, emotionally at least, and Hanners already knows and is terrified that Faye is going to kill her.  Really I think she just wants someone to talk to.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2008, 07:19 »

I've not seen any signs at all that she wants everyone to know. I think she's just enjoying a private joke with herself. We're reading her dialogue with the benefit of knowledge the others don't have; the things she says can be interpreted in many ways not faintly, or only tangibly, connected with Sven.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Muskrat121

« Reply #3 on: 29 Feb 2008, 09:01 »

I don't think she wants to broadcast it.  I just think she wants to be able to talk to someone.  She's begining to open up for the first in a long time and it's hard, no doubt.

rancidhooligan

« Reply #4 on: 29 Feb 2008, 18:50 »

I don't think she wants to broadcast it.  I just think she wants to be able to talk to someone.  She's begining to open up for the first in a long time and it's hard, no doubt.

I think, ultimately, Faye understands that everyone is going to find out anyway so the sooner they know, the better.  That said, it seems like she's terrified, and with good reason, at how they will react.  I think she's afraid of losing both Dora and Marten.  One would be a devestating enough blow but both would be unbearable for her.

It's possible she thinks that, like her father, they could leave her, so she doesn't want to tell Dora or Marten... really it's all just sort of happened so, perhaps, she hasn't even put that much thought into any of this yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up