THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 18:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arrested Development: the movie  (Read 4097 times)

thehollow

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Arrested Development: the movie
« on: 28 Feb 2008, 22:34 »

I'm sure there's already at least one AD thread buried out there but I don't feel like reviving it. All I can say is that this is pretty much the most excited I've ever been for any movie, ever, and it's not even a sure thing yet.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lPHDUyN5W6k 

if anyone has a more official source, feel free to share it. I know Will Arnett said on Conan that it was in the works last week sometime, but I can't find a video of it.

edit: the Will Arnett clip is available here: http://www.nbc.com/Late_Night_with_Conan_O'Brien/video/episodes.shtml
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2008, 22:50 by thehollow »

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
Re: Arrested Development: the movie
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2008, 23:04 »

Arnett said the same thing while visiting Will Ferrell's stand-up tour. Jeffrey Tambor's also confirmed that talks are underway in some radio interview.

Let's cross our fingers.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2008, 23:36 »

Bateman also mentioned it.

I'm wary, to tell the truth. I think the series actually managed to end on a perfect note.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #3 on: 29 Feb 2008, 08:39 »

I'm gonna be that guy and say it's not happening. Every time Jason Bateman's asked about it he definitely sound like he's messing with who ever's interviewing him. I think it's a joke they get to have now that everyone loves them.

Muskrat121

« Reply #4 on: 29 Feb 2008, 09:03 »

I feel like it may be one of those things that they start off thinking is a really good idea, then talk about it for a while and decide maybe not...but then keep talking about it.

Still, I am quite excited.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #5 on: 29 Feb 2008, 09:34 »

I'm with Johnny on this one. I was really happy with how they wrapped up the series.

Also, I just don't think that the show would translate well into a movie. The "Next Time On Arrested Development" part would just seem weird at the end of a movie.

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #6 on: 01 Mar 2008, 13:16 »

Bateman also mentioned it.

I'm wary, to tell the truth. I think the series actually managed to end on a perfect note.

Several plotlines were never finished and Buster Bluth's fate at the hands of the man-eating seal was never revealed. I felt like we were owed an epilogue of some kind. For all we know, the seal ate his other hand too!

Beast

• Obscure cultural reference
  • I Was Born (A Unicorn)
« Reply #7 on: 03 Mar 2008, 10:25 »

INCREDIBLE
they better not fuck this up
I had two cars but I wrecked em.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #8 on: 03 Mar 2008, 14:39 »

As Arrested Development was possibly my favorite show ever, I'm insanely stoked for this. I just hope all of the people involved in the show are brought on board for the movie. If even one cast member is missing, it'll be lacking a crucial part.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

cupcakeonastick

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Balderdash!
« Reply #9 on: 15 Mar 2008, 23:17 »

While I agree the series ended well, I also think this group of actors/writers/etc would be hard pressed to churn out anything less than stellar, especially within the context of that show, in those characters.

Plus, it would probably be better than anything else that came out that month. At least.
I've seen bears do things even a bear wouldn't do.

Narr

« Reply #10 on: 16 Mar 2008, 19:10 »

As Arrested Development was possibly my favorite show ever, I'm insanely stoked for this. I just hope all of the people involved in the show are brought on board for the movie. If even one cast member is missing, it'll be lacking a crucial part.
I really don't think anyone would pass up the chance to be in the movie.  Most of them now have careers again due to being on that show, and from all the developer commentary on the DVDs, you kind of get the feeling that everyone on board loved everything about being on the show.

ImRonBurgundy?

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "That's all," he added.
« Reply #11 on: 18 Mar 2008, 21:23 »

Also, I just don't think that the show would translate well into a movie. The "Next Time On Arrested Development" part would just seem weird at the end of a movie.

I don't think it's, in essence, any different than the "where-are-they-now" recaps of each character at the end of some movies (e.g., Animal House, Fast Times at Ridgemont High).  I think it would come out really well, and I will in fact be rather surprised if they don't do it.
You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?
Pages: [1]   Go Up