THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 23:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My favorite dessert is...  (Read 18059 times)

LadyFirelyght

• Plantmonster
  • I fart in your general direction.
My favorite dessert is...
« on: 29 Feb 2008, 18:41 »

[fill in the blank]

Personally, I'm a huge fan of cheesecake. Of course, if I ate the amount of cheesecake I crave, I would be huge in size as well as fan-dom. The best cheesecake I've ever tasted was one my mother made. Oreo crumb crust, chocolate cheesecake with chunks of chocolate cream Oreos in it, chocolate cream Oreo chunks on top as garnish. Even my sister who hates cheesecake loves that one.

So, where do your sweet teeth lie?
I'm suspicious of any food that makes its own packaging. There could be spiders inside!

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
Re: My favorite dessert is...
« Reply #1 on: 29 Feb 2008, 18:47 »

In my mouth?

I've been going off sweets recently but I'm still a sucker for Chocolate Mud Cake, particularly the one that The Cheesecake Shop makes. Also their Caramel Mud Cake is fucking brilliant. But I haven't had a piece of either of those for about three or four years now.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2 on: 29 Feb 2008, 18:58 »

Pizza.

What?
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

LadyFirelyght

• Plantmonster
« Reply #3 on: 29 Feb 2008, 19:09 »

Whipstitch, dessert pizza? If not, tell me dessert!

Also, Anyways, I've never had chocolate mousse. I'm a self-proclaimed chocolate freak, but I've never had chocolate mousse. Messed up, huh?
I'm suspicious of any food that makes its own packaging. There could be spiders inside!

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #4 on: 29 Feb 2008, 19:16 »

Crème brûlée. The real stuff is quite expensive, but you can get decent enough imitations at Whole Foods.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #5 on: 29 Feb 2008, 19:27 »

Aw man. Cheesecake. Or ice cream cake. Or hell, any kind of cake.

My mom makes this mind-blowing thing--watermelon cake. It's not nearly as nasty as it sounds. It's made of three layers: the "red" is raspberry sorbet, the middle layer is either vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, and the "green" is lime sorbet And the seeds--the seeds are CHOCOLATE CHIPS. And there is a copious amount of them.

Look up the definition of "delicious" in the dictionary, and you know what you'll find?

The definition of "delicious", which is what this is.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #6 on: 29 Feb 2008, 19:29 »

Um... dessert's never been something done with any considerable regularity for me (Yes, my mother never gives us dessert unless we specifically ask for it which we hardly ever do) but I guess, it would probably be a Queen of Sheba cake.

sean

• welp
« Reply #7 on: 29 Feb 2008, 19:31 »

- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #8 on: 29 Feb 2008, 19:33 »

Dessert pizza is terrible.

I generally don't like sweet things.

Crème brûlée and flan is OK.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

LadyFirelyght

• Plantmonster
« Reply #9 on: 29 Feb 2008, 19:37 »

That watermelon cake (if you can even call it that) sounds yummy.

CEOVanilla

« Reply #10 on: 29 Feb 2008, 19:41 »

Tiramisù. ^_^

LadyFirelyght

• Plantmonster
« Reply #11 on: 29 Feb 2008, 19:55 »

Oh my god, Vanilla... I forgot about tiramisu. That's one of the most tongue-gasmic desserts ever.

singeivoire

« Reply #12 on: 29 Feb 2008, 20:21 »

I would have to concur that cheesecake is the bees knees and is far superior to most other desserts in the cosmos.

Since tis the season, I feel the need to mention Girl Scout Cookies - particularly thin mints. They are inspirationally delicious.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: 29 Feb 2008, 20:51 »

eclair cake

thehollow

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #14 on: 29 Feb 2008, 21:06 »

My mom's rum cake is probably the best dessert I've ever eaten. Also, my aunt makes coffee cookies which are pretty much awesome.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #15 on: 29 Feb 2008, 21:12 »

Cheesecake. That is all there is.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

dozyrozy

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #16 on: 29 Feb 2008, 21:14 »

My mum makes the most amazing chocolate fudge brownies, but not very often. Other than that I think chocolate cheesecake when I'm the mood for sweet things. Ooo, strawberries and cream is one of the best!

And I've had one of those Oreo pizza dessert things. It was rubbish. The topping was too squidgy (like stale oreos) and the bottom was really hard. Meh.
I think I'll take a nap now...

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #17 on: 29 Feb 2008, 21:28 »

Dick.

edit:  Jon stole my name.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Mako

« Reply #18 on: 29 Feb 2008, 21:31 »

its a tie between banana cream pie, boston cream pie, and crazy cake. i just made some crazy cake last night omfg its so amazingly good.

BobJoeJim

« Reply #19 on: 29 Feb 2008, 21:56 »

Crème brûlée. The real stuff is quite expensive, but you can get decent enough imitations at Whole Foods.

Make it yourself!  Whisk half a cup of sugar into three egg yolks, add a pint of scalded cream with a teaspoon of vanilla, mix well, throw it in custard cups and bake in a water bath for 40 minutes at 325.  Chill overnight, then devour.  So easy, and SO GOOD!  (Of course to really do it right you have to caramelize the sugar on top, which requires a torch, but if you don't have one you can still make the custard and enjoy it.)  Anyway, creme brulee was going to be my answer too, although cheesecake and tiramisu are fantastic answers as well.

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #20 on: 29 Feb 2008, 22:26 »

I don't "get" creme brulee.  Maybe I've only had poor examples of it, but the custard part has always tasted too sweet and the sugar part always too burnt.

I'm a sucker for brownies, though, particularly the fresh-out-of-the-oven type.  BJ's Restaurants makes something called a Pizookie, too, which is basically a gigantic, fresh-baked chocolate chip cookie smothered in ice cream--unbelievably good.

Uber Ritter

• Curry sauce
« Reply #21 on: 29 Feb 2008, 22:46 »

Key Lime Pie.  Key Lime motherfucking Pie.  Has to be real, though, none of this foodcoloured-green bullshit.  Preferably with merangue, like Mom's, not whipped cream like some otherwise passable entries by restaurants.  Now I'm not a momasboy or anything, but that woman makes one mean-ass Key Lime Pie.  I've been to Key West (aka the nicest overgrown t-shirt-shop ever to engulf an island) and had award-winning Key Lime Pie and it was about as good as my mom's, though somewhat subtler.

I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves.
-Ludwig Wittgenstein

jimbunny

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • I'll show you the life of the mind!
« Reply #22 on: 29 Feb 2008, 22:48 »

If I were to be honest, cheesecake.

But fuck conformity, I love PISTACHIO ICE CREAM.

ForteBass

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
« Reply #23 on: 29 Feb 2008, 22:52 »

List threads.
Quote from: Eris
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #24 on: 29 Feb 2008, 23:06 »

Better than Sex Cake

INGREDIENTS

* 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
    * 1/2 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
    * 6 ounces caramel ice cream topping
    * 3 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered toffee, chopped
    * 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

DIRECTIONS

1. Bake cake according to package directions for a 9x13 inch pan; cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Make slits across the top of the cake, making sure not to go through to the bottom.
   2. In a saucepan over low heat, combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping, stirring until smooth and blended. Slowly pour the warm topping mixture over the top of the warm cake, letting it sink into the slits; then sprinkle the crushed chocolate toffee bars liberally across the entire cake while still warm. (Hint: I crush my candy bars into small chunks as opposed to crumbs - I like to have pieces I can chew on!)
   3. Let cake cool completely, then top with whipped topping. Decorate the top of the cake with some more chocolate toffee bar chunks and swirls of caramel topping. Refrigerate and serve right from the pan!
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

thegreatbuddha

« Reply #25 on: 01 Mar 2008, 01:56 »

Vanilla jaconde with mango-cassis filling & dark-chocolate compote.

MMMmmmm
I want to be able to tell my kids about the days when the internet was an uncontrolled haven for outlaws such as myself.
Kind of like the old west but with keyboards and nobody is having sex.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #26 on: 01 Mar 2008, 03:43 »

Dessert is a topic that I am passionate about. I can (and do, with alarming regularity) eat two or three desserts because desserts are the greatest thing.
My favourite thing of all is apple pie.
I also adore Mum's Lemon Meringue pie (so much tangier than any other lemon meringue pie, and with good, solid meringue and a yummy crumb crust). Last weekend she made me a bunch of mini pies and bought them over! It was the best thing! It is great with a big scoop of good quality vanilla icecream and a bit of mango puree. Another popular one is a cold-set French Vanilla cheesecake, and like Squiddy, I haven't found anyone who makes one better than The Cheesecake Shop. I aspire to one day make one as good, but they won't tell me their recipe, the shits.
Oh oh and of course there is plain old icecream. We have an icecream shop on the beach that is absolutely stellar and they make their own waffle cones right there in front of you, which is so cool. I like vanilla icecream best of all but sometimes I feel bad about wasting all of the other flavours, the ones I have liked so far include Cookies and Cream, Triple Choc, Mint Choc Chip, Baileys and a delicious Mocha Fudge Ripple. What is also good in icecream is Cold Rock, where they smoosh icecream together with stuff, my favourites there are vanilla icecream mixed with mango sorbet and Gummi Bears, and Milo and coffee icecream mixed with Maltesers.
When it comes to simple things I find you cannot go wrong with a simple red jelly and a tin of Two Fruits (peach and pear in syrup I think they are).

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #27 on: 01 Mar 2008, 04:00 »

The first thing that popped into my mind was chocolate fondant (with vanilla ice cream and raspberry or strawberry sauce, preferably), because it's just so insanely delicious. And after my mom learnt how to make it, I've had the pleasure of eating it with some regularity (like, 2 or 3 times a year, maybe). The center isn't always as liquid as it's "supposed to be" when she makes it, but it still tastes awesome.

My mom makes this Daim ice cream cake (meringue and home-made ice cream with Daim chips in it) as well, which is also quite delicious, but I don't think it beats the chocolate fondant. But it's not as rich, which is a plus.

LadyFirelyght

• Plantmonster
« Reply #28 on: 01 Mar 2008, 08:17 »

its a tie between banana cream pie, boston cream pie, and crazy cake. i just made some crazy cake last night omfg its so amazingly good.

What, pray-tell, is a crazy cake?

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #29 on: 01 Mar 2008, 10:31 »

I'd have to say, raspberries, lime sobert.. I don't really care much for sweets, I really like fruit and tangy stuff. I love Lychee gelato.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #30 on: 01 Mar 2008, 11:52 »

Lunchy mentioned the Cheesecake Shop. It should be noted that they also make a fantastic Black Forest cake.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #32 on: 01 Mar 2008, 19:03 »

Cheesecake. Oh dear god cheesecake. It is the Greatest Thing. I think the best I had was at the Cheesecake Factory, and was this one:

Quote from: Cheesecake Factory Menu
LEMON RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESECAKE
Raspberry Vanilla Cake, Creamy Lemon Cheesecake, Raspberry Lady Fingers and Lemon Mousse

My mom's lemon cheesecake is a close second. And as much as I enjoy chocolate, I never really cared for chocolate and cheesecake together. (Only very rarely do I find one really I like.)

Other than that, fruit pizza (this thing my mom makes - sugar cookie "crust", cream cheese with some sugar as "sauce", topped with fresh fruit, usually strawberries, kiwi, raspberries, blueberries, and banana = DELICIOUS) is my favorite thing of all time, closely followed by chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookies. And those cupcakes I made that I posted in the baking thread were pretty delicious.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Lila

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #33 on: 01 Mar 2008, 19:21 »

Has to be peanut butter pie with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. Or mud (vanilla pudding+crushed oreos+coolwhip+gummy worms)
You know as much about Shakespeare as a chicken knows about tic-tac-toe!

Nodaisho

« Reply #34 on: 01 Mar 2008, 19:22 »

Raspberry cheesecake with raspberry syrup on top. I had it once at a place called the rundown in the outer banks of North Carolina, haven't seen it on any menus where I live.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

DonInKansas

• FIGHT YOU
  • Grammar Nazi
« Reply #35 on: 01 Mar 2008, 21:55 »

I would have to concur that cheesecake is the bees knees and is far superior to most other desserts in the cosmos.

Since tis the season, I feel the need to mention Girl Scout Cookies - particularly thin mints. They are inspirationally delicious.

I should have a wing dedicated to me in their factory due to all of the money I have given to the Girl Scouts for their yummy, yummy Thin Mints.

When it's not that time of the year, an Oreo Blizzard is the way to my heart.
I mean, it would still suck, but at least it would suck creatively.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

The extra letter

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #37 on: 02 Mar 2008, 05:10 »

I'd say the lemon meringue pie my mum makes. Words cannot describe how awesomely tasty her lemon meringue pie is.

Closely followed by creme brulee. Ever since I was a really small kid, I've loved creme brulee.

I also like bread & butter pudding. Preferably made with raisin bread.
Hush, may I ask you all for silence? The dreamer is still asleep.

ZJGent

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • Night Talk at Harvey's
« Reply #38 on: 02 Mar 2008, 05:23 »

for serious, I don't enjoy the taste of sugary things at all.
dessert-wise I generally go for the tartest and coldest of lemon tarts / sorbets.
given the choice? I'd rather have a sandwich - and not one of those creepy icky ice-cream sandwiches you crazy americans have in your crazy walmarts where they don't sell proper cheese but you can buy at least five hundred different poorly-made t-shirts with mildly offensive slogans on the front. (I am totally kidding - walmart was awesome fun when I went - I basked in the complete lack of taste like I was some kind of a fluorescent pink rhinestone-embellished monitor lizard)
[02:29] Danosaur: I'd Spektor your Regina.

LadyFirelyght

• Plantmonster
« Reply #39 on: 02 Mar 2008, 05:32 »

Ooo, I forgot something! My mom's bread pudding. She makes her own bread for it and it is SO FREAKING DELICIOUS. I can eat the whole batch, it's so good. Especially when it's warm. Argh. Now I want bread pudding.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #40 on: 02 Mar 2008, 06:47 »

BLOOD PUDDING
Hate, rain on me

ZJGent

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • Night Talk at Harvey's
« Reply #41 on: 02 Mar 2008, 07:01 »

[02:29] Danosaur: I'd Spektor your Regina.

LadyFirelyght

• Plantmonster
« Reply #42 on: 02 Mar 2008, 07:47 »

That is so disgusting. Hardly what you'd call dessert :P

Jolijn

« Reply #43 on: 02 Mar 2008, 12:03 »

chocolate cheeescake and a pina colada

thegreatbuddha

« Reply #44 on: 02 Mar 2008, 19:51 »

I want to be able to tell my kids about the days when the internet was an uncontrolled haven for outlaws such as myself.
Kind of like the old west but with keyboards and nobody is having sex.

Lanavae

« Reply #45 on: 02 Mar 2008, 20:41 »

Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake from the The Cheesecake Factory.

Heaven.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #46 on: 02 Mar 2008, 23:08 »

Sorbet, hands down.

At my workplace I can testify that yr average Banana Cream Pie Blizzard is pretty damn awesome.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #47 on: 02 Mar 2008, 23:47 »

www.mrsmunchies.com

cookies, brownies, and milk. delivered to your door. from 8pm - 230am. also they are absolutely delicious. every single person who has tasted them today has gone a little crazy! including me.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #48 on: 03 Mar 2008, 00:27 »

Now my main goal is "Go to Berkeley and then work as a delivery person so I can get free cookies".

i hate pagebreaks.
it's time to stop posting

Calaveth

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #49 on: 03 Mar 2008, 00:37 »

I like pie.

Blueberry, apple, rhubarb, whatever. As long as it comes with pie crust and custard.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up