THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 01:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: heeeey member me?  (Read 13274 times)

mooface

Re: heeeey member me?
« Reply #50 on: 04 Mar 2008, 10:15 »

man, i don't do shit for school.  i even have four day school weeks!

i love going to an american school with an italian mentality.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #51 on: 04 Mar 2008, 11:23 »

Tommy most of us are sane enough to not live 45 miles away from our jobs.

Hell, I live over 30 miles away from where I work and where I go to school.

But back on that, Heloo again Coreh, didn't notice you were gone. But then again, when you're doing full time school, part time job about 25 hours a week, and 20+ hours of out of class editing for projects a week things tend to slip past oneself.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #52 on: 04 Mar 2008, 11:38 »

Failing is anything less than 70%; 94% is only a B.
Jesus. Anything over a 70% in my course is the epitome of achievement - over 80 would probably be good enough to get you into international journals.

I must say I do like Irish college more than American college. No fees, light workloads (at least in my end - they're much heavier in sciencey-stuff) and my first-year mediaeval history lecturer was the world-authority on the papacy between 1000 and 1200.
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #53 on: 05 Mar 2008, 03:15 »

Tommy most of us are sane enough to not live 45 miles away from our jobs.

What are you trying to say about my dad.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #54 on: 14 Mar 2008, 12:19 »

I did a practice exam question a couple of weeks ago for my english teacher. I spent a good half of the time sneezing, my handwriting was illegible and I knew before I'd even finished that it was without a doubt the worst essay I'd ever written. But when I got it back, I'd got an A... with 17/25. What's the point in even having a standardised grade system if the grade boundaries aren't standardised? My Law exam required 96/120 to get an A. I'm not great at maths but my computer tells me that's a 12 percentage point difference in grades. Hmm.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up