THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 17:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Anime Recommendations?  (Read 261910 times)

Alex C

• comeback tour!
Re: Anime Recommendations?
« Reply #250 on: 04 Aug 2008, 18:43 »

Nah, I know plenty of people who hate FLCL.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Phaedra

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #251 on: 04 Aug 2008, 18:55 »

I loved FLCL, but I was 17 when I first watched it. I re-watched it recently and thought it was still awesome - I can sympathise with the feeling of being so bored/depressed that the weird and wonderful things happening around you just have no effect.
That said, I do have problems with anime that use bizarre concepts like giant robots fighting god (Eva)/aliens who bash people up with boutique bass guitars as allegories for the nitty-gritty parts of everyday life. It's like the people who wrote the scripts were all university philosophy nerds who never matured mentally past the age of 15. Well, this could indeed be true of Hideaki Anno...

Edit - NB: I loved Evangelion and just rewatched the entire series, including the fucked up films, within a week last month. Screw all you haters.
« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2008, 18:57 by Phaedra »

jimbunny

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • I'll show you the life of the mind!
« Reply #252 on: 04 Aug 2008, 19:56 »

I loved FLCL because it self-consciously uses a lot of anime tropes to tell what is at the heart of any serious coming-of-age story: that life really is crazy and weird. And along the way it gets to have plenty of laughs at itself. I've still never seen anything quite like it. I think you should really watch it all the way through. "All but two" in this case is four, and I feel that each episode has an amount of material packed into it that most other shows would take at least four or five episodes to cover.

akashacatbat

« Reply #253 on: 05 Aug 2008, 23:20 »

Finally, if you've got the time (it's 74 episodes all told - not quite a billion), I'd say that Monster is well worth checking out. Great psychological drama/horror.

YES. jimbunny is right and I don't know if anyone has seconded him (it's late and I am too tired to go through six pages of posts), but Monster is one of those shows you can watch over and over again and discover new things every time.  I've watched the series all the way through twice now and it still freaks me out. Not only is it my favorite anime of all time, it is one of my favorite shows period.

I also liked Le Chevalier D'Eon. It's sort of this weird mix of themes; historical, supernatural and a slight smattering of cross-dressing and confusing gender roles. It is set in pre-revolution France and is about this knight who gets possessed by the spirit of his dead sister who was working for the King. It's swordfights, zombie prostitutes and talking skull babies... pretty much something for everyone.  :wink:

Also, yes to Ruroni Kenshin, Ouran High School Host Club, Gravitation and Excel Saga.

Calaveth

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #254 on: 20 Aug 2008, 11:17 »

Aria The Natural
Clannad
Code Geass
UFO Princess Valkyrie
Detective Academy

I'm downloading all of these right now after taking a 4-5 month haitus from actively watching.  Has anyone seen them and are they any good?

A bit late to the show but I've watched 4 out of those 5. Aria is wonderful, a feel-good story about a group of girls apprenticing to become gondoliers on a future terra-formed Mars. I love it, but it's sugary sweet. Perhaps not everyones taste.
Clannad is a harem show based on a dating sim. It's really quite funny. One of the better shows of last year.
Code Geass is a mecha show, about an occupied Japan (by the evil Britannica, which really is USA, despite the name) and the protagonist Lelouch who acquires a powerful mind-control power with which he leads the resistance. Really, the show is decently well made but the writing is beyond silly. Watch it as a drinking game, laugh at the idiocy that saturates the show, and it might be enjoyable.
Not seen UFO Princess Valkyrie.
Detective Academy Q is a bit dated, but enjoyable if you like mystery detective stories - it's pretty formulaic, but that's to be expected when you try to mimic Agatha Christie/A.Conan Doyle type stories. The crimes are a bit contrived at times, and certainly convoluted (why does every criminal feel the need to create a locked room mystery in order to murder someone? Why not just make sure to leave no trace of themselves? I digress...), but I devour everything of this kind, and Detective Academy Q is one of the better anime takes on the genre.

Insectile

• Plantmonster
« Reply #255 on: 20 Aug 2008, 16:44 »

If someone hasnt mentioned it http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime is a great site for anime

I'd recomend : Ju Oh Sei ( good action with a great plot)
                      Sayonara Zetsubo sensei ( Funny in a pestimistic way)
This is not a discussion forum, it's a forum dedicated to the art of performing textual fellatio of Jeph Jacques.

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #256 on: 20 Aug 2008, 19:22 »

Okay guys... I watched most of (like...all but two) FLCL...
Am I the only person in the world who wasn't blown away by it's brilliance or whatever?
Frankly, I liked the animation and the characters were cute, but as a whole...I thought it was kind of stupid. I don't even know why I watched more then two episodes of it...

I finally saw all of Full Metal Alchemist though. That was pretty darn good. And I watched all of Devil May Cry (great!).

Has anyone mentioned Black Blood Brothers yet? (I forget...). I've seen three or four episodes and I remember it being funny, but I haven't watched more of it yet. It's on my list.

I'm sorry, I respected you when you said that you didn't like FLCL, personally it's one of my favourites.  However....as soon as you said you liked DMC I started getting confused.  You said that FLCL was stupid...and DMC was great?  Explain to me how DMC is great....I know the videogames are sweet but the anime is absolutely horrible.

Black Blood Brothers is fun but there's absolutely no depth to it.  The world is flat and they don't really try to add any depth or feel to it.  It would have been so much more fun if they had made it a bit longer and had actually tried to expand the world and give it more depth.

ThePQ4

« Reply #257 on: 20 Aug 2008, 21:02 »

Dude, what wasn't great about DMC? The lead is a cute. Big Guns. Swords. Lots and lots of blood!
PLUS, the female roles weren't all docile and sweet like they are in so many of these crappy animes. They were powerful (and hot) chicks.

Anyway, since then, I still haven't watched more of Black Blood Brothers. I've been watching mostly movies.
I love torrents...but I hate not finding what I want! Grrrrr

Phaedra

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #258 on: 15 Sep 2008, 17:58 »

I don't think this one's been mentioned, but I've been watching the new-ish CLAMP series, xxxHolic, which I think is pretty damn awesome. Not as good as the manga though, alas.

Warcrackaddict

« Reply #259 on: 24 Sep 2008, 08:46 »

I'm sure these have all been mentioned by now but I thought I would add in a few things. My favorites so far have been Berserk, Elfen Lied, Naruto, Hellsing and Wolf's Rain so far.  I haven't seen a TON but from what I have seen, those are my favorites. I also loved Howl's Moving Castle, the Samurai X movies, several of Miyasaki's other movies. 

Some of the show's I've seen I liked because I love kid movies and enjoy just happy movies like My Neighbor Totoro but most of the series are kind of brutal.  Elfen Lied she's naked part of the time and for the majority of the time she is dominating people and blood is everywhere.  Same with Berserk... lots of fighting and blood but it's a good story.  I liked it a lot. 

I'm up for new recommendations too.  My friend who was really into anime and was getting me into it doesn't have much time to hang out any more and I need more input. 

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #260 on: 24 Sep 2008, 15:08 »

I used to watch heaps of oldies and stuff, but I'm recently getting into Black Lagoon, which is pretty damn cool.

The Hellsing Ultimate OVAs are pretty sweet stuff too. Blood-and-guts with an artistic flair. Although I wish the OVAs had cool music like the TV series...

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • oh hi
« Reply #261 on: 24 Sep 2008, 15:34 »

OK so now that Haruhi Suzumiya has been officially released in America, I am having trouble choosing between buying the first set of episodes in the collector's box and thinking that doing so would make me a complete retard.

I hate that American anime fanboys/girls will buy absolutely anything at any price because it creates an environment where a typical set of four 26 minute episodes of a show costs fucking $20 or more.  DVDs of popular movies don't even cost that much anymore.
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

Ikrik

« Reply #262 on: 24 Sep 2008, 19:40 »

I've shelled out 100 bucks for a couple series.  Evangelion, GTO, Chrno Crusade, Azumanga....hell even FLCL was 86.  But hey, anime is getting FAR cheaper than it used to be.  I picked up Elfen Lied and Gunslinger Girl for 50 each (totally worth it, shut up)  Cowboy Bebop was 30.  Hell, they've just released Fate/Stay Night AND Ergo Proxy and they're each 50 bucks....that's pretty freaking sweet.

Also people: watch Kaiba...it has very simplistic art that's such a joy to watch.oh...and Yakitake! Japan.  That show is possibly one of the funniest I've seen in a long while.

conn

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #263 on: 27 Sep 2008, 12:04 »

Personally, I refuse to buy anime unless I can get the entire season for $50, maybe $60. Anything more expensive than that is just ridiculous.

Ikrik

« Reply #264 on: 27 Sep 2008, 16:37 »

I could buy my anime a lot cheaper...but I refuse to buy pirated copies of ANYTHING.  As much as me buying it legitimately just supports english voice dubs...I couldn't care less.  Does anyone know why anime is starting to get cheaper?

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #265 on: 28 Sep 2008, 00:04 »

Anime is getting cheaper because more people are buying it.  They don't need to charge $25-$30 a disc anymore because they know that casual anime fans, like myself, will flat-out not tolerate that kind of price-gouging.

Also, the popularity of sites like crunchyroll and aznv.tv probably has something to do with it.  I mean, for $15 you can watch 75 HOURS worth of anime on aznv, and they have just about every anime that exists, even if a lot of it is fansubbed because it hasn't been released outside Japan.

BootsyMarie

« Reply #266 on: 28 Sep 2008, 09:44 »

What about Gilgamesh? orrrr (please don't yell) Trinity Blood...I thought it was pretty good.

Hellsing is somewhere at the top for me, I saw that Neon Genesis Evangelion has already been mentioned(on the first page) but for the sake of refreshing memories...It's fucking amazing.

I would definitely suggest Gilgamesh to anyone who like Evangelion. Unfortunately, a lot of people associate the two because half of America has no idea what's going on ever in either of them, but I associate the two because they're both religious based anime, and because the character relationships are just as deep and confusing.

tricia kidd

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #267 on: 30 Sep 2008, 13:33 »

jackie bought me the complete series of negima before he went to work today!  i am going to watch it nonstop.  i know it isn't really very good but i love it anyway, it is definitely more fun than love hina but i guess that's not saying much is it?   :lol:
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #268 on: 30 Sep 2008, 15:11 »

My entire experience with Love Hina is limited to memes and the time I got the flu and watched a fuckton of episodes while running a high fever and smoking roughly a quarter ton of pot. So really, I remember the series as being simultaneously both the greatest and worst thing ever, despite my complete inability to remember the name of a single character.

tricia kidd

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #269 on: 30 Sep 2008, 16:29 »

that is probably the best way to experience love hina!   :lol:

actually LH is not bad, it is just wayyyyyyy to long (especially the manga).  supposedly he did negima just because he was being pressured to do "another love hina" so he went over the top and made a harem manga with 31 girls!  also it is much more wacky.

watching it now!  i will have to be extra nice to jackie when he gets home.   :-)
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #270 on: 30 Sep 2008, 19:52 »

Yeah, Negima is fun enough.  I don't understand being able to watch more than an episode at a time, though.  It's too fluffy for me, or something.

Jepser

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #271 on: 13 Oct 2008, 07:11 »

TORADORA!

Go watch it.
Finally good tsundere again.
I wasn't going to d/l any of that, but once I read "oldest lesbian", I kind of had to.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #272 on: 13 Oct 2008, 10:53 »

tricia convinced me to get the Haruhi Suzumiya complete set (which is actually pretty cheap) and, uh...

...the American voice acting is actually good.  Not that I won't watch it in Japanese half the time, but aside from Kyon sounding too old, it's quite well done.  Haruhi, Itzumi and Yuki in particular have perfect voices.

I think it's the first anime since Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star and Trigun that I can think of as having particularly good American voices (though granted most of the anime I watch I don't even have the option to listen to in English).

MadassAlex

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "Tasteful"?
« Reply #273 on: 14 Oct 2008, 04:20 »

I hated the dub.

When you have a dub set in a non-English speaking country, you have the opportunity to do something with voice actors that more western settings don't.

I'm referring to accents. Every anime has a goddamn American accent. Most of them. I know, I know, most are dubbed in the USA so it stands to reason, but I think it would be great if there was more innovation when it comes to the human voice, especially in a comedy series where particular accents could be used to bring out qualities in the characters, especially where the difference in culture might diminish them.

Basically, I'm saying that Itsuki should have had a French accent.

I watched in Japanese first, though. That's always a huge influence.

(I generally think that all teenage characters tend to sound too old in most anime)

Ikrik

« Reply #274 on: 14 Oct 2008, 08:26 »

I've heard a lot about certain dubs being "absolutely great compared to other anime" and yet EVERY time I try watching an episode of any of these "better dubs" it sounds exactly the same to me.  Every dubbed series sounds exactly the same to me and it has the exact same feel.  Death Note and Love Hina, both are completely different but when I watch them in English they feel exactly the same.  At Anime Evolution this year I heard some of the interviews of these English VA's and MAN are they full of themselves...and I'll never be watching anything in English ever again.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #275 on: 14 Oct 2008, 19:03 »

Dude, even most Japanese people watch the English dub of Cowboy Bebop.  Seriously.  It's so much better it's ridiculous.

ThePQ4

« Reply #276 on: 14 Oct 2008, 19:23 »

I have no interest in watching the dubbed Cowboy Bebop. I watched subbed and it was pretty damn fantastic...
I think it depends a lot on who the fan sub group is when it comes to watching subbed anime.

Ikrik

« Reply #277 on: 14 Oct 2008, 19:35 »

Dude, even most Japanese people watch the English dub of Cowboy Bebop.  Seriously.  It's so much better it's ridiculous.

No...No it's not.  I own and have seen Bebop at least 4 times (series AND movie) and I have chosen to watch it in Japanese every single time.  I have seen a few episodes in English and although it wasn't heinous, I will still choose to watch it in Jap EVERY single time.

I've never had a bad experience with subbed anime...ever.  Is some of it really bad?

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #278 on: 14 Oct 2008, 19:38 »

Yes.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #279 on: 14 Oct 2008, 19:59 »

No...No it's not.  I own and have seen Bebop at least 4 times (series AND movie) and I have chosen to watch it in Japanese every single time. 

To each their own.  I think the guy who voices the English Spike is so much better at conveying the character than the Japanese guy it's not even funny.

Anyway, I wasn't kidding that a large number of Japanese people prefer the English dub.  I think that says something.

And while I do almost always watch anime subbed (as stated because I usually have no choice) I also totally and completely hate people who watch it subbed but don't speak a word of Japanese because it's "the only real way to watch it".

God, American anime fans give anime such a bad name.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #280 on: 14 Oct 2008, 21:12 »

Yeah, I couldn't take the Japanese Spike seriously. He sounded to me like some kind of strange, slightly greasy lounge lizard rather than a laconic but wounded drifter.

ThePQ4

« Reply #281 on: 15 Oct 2008, 09:21 »

I also totally and completely hate people who watch it subbed but don't speak a word of Japanese because it's "the only real way to watch it".

...What does speaking the language have to do with it? I watch Foreign films all of the time and I don't speak anything but English.
Why is subbed anime any different? It's the way it's SUPPOSED to be viewed, not with American (or sometimes British) voices. It's JAPANESE. I'd rather hear a JAPANESE voice and language.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #282 on: 15 Oct 2008, 10:27 »

That's different.  The Japanese language, in its construction, is completely different from English/French/German/Spanish/etc.  If you speak English, it's not hard to intuit the quality of someone's acting when they're speaking French because the language is so similar to your own.  Also, with live-action films, you can see the actor's body language.

You're right; I don't really ever consider watching Asian live-action films and TV shows in English, because it takes away from the acting of the character.  But anime doesn't have actors, it has VOICE actors, and the person doing the voice didn't draw the physical movements or facial expressions you're seeing.  So you're listening to a language you don't understand and just assuming they're doing a good job.  In all reality, they could be the Japanese equivalent of Pauly Shore for all you know.

I have no problem with people who prefer the actual sound of the voices on a case-by-case basis.  As said above, the Japanese Spike sounds horrid compared to the English.  But, on the other hand, I far prefer the Japanese voices of the actors in Risky/Safety.  That doesn't mean I know or believe that they are better actors, just that they have a more pleasing voice.

Oh God why am I arguing with an animu.

ThePQ4

« Reply #283 on: 15 Oct 2008, 10:32 »

Just because I prefer watching almost all anime with it's original sound doesn't mean I'm anything other then a regular anime fan. I don't need to justify anything either.
And I think the arguement that movement doesn't match voice (or whatever it is you're trying to say...) in anime is lame. It's illistrated. If nothing, it actually is easier to watch and understand beacuse it is so overly exaggerated.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #284 on: 15 Oct 2008, 10:44 »

Live acting requires using body language, facial expressions and other visual cues that are unique to the actor.

Voice acting requires trying to fit your voice to what somebody else drew.

What is there not to understand?

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #285 on: 15 Oct 2008, 11:20 »

Yeah, the practice of basing a character design and animation around a voice actor's capabilities is a luxury traditionally limited to big budget western productions (it's practically a Disney trademark, honestly). Even then it's hardly as useful a technique as people make it out to be; it's not uncommon to hire a voice actor or amateur to help with the syncing process and the character development only to have a bigger name VA or movie star come in and attempt to match up with the animation at a later date. Basically, production schedules are busy enough as it is without trying to do everything concurrently. Voice actors face the same hurdles regardless of what the original language may have been.

Ikrik

« Reply #286 on: 15 Oct 2008, 14:41 »

IF an anime sounded better in English to me, I would watch it. I watch anime in Japanese because I can actually enjoy it then.  When I watch a Jackie Chan film I will ONLY watch it in English because the dubs are absolutely hilarious.  But almost always I would prefer to watch whatever program in it's mother language.  Would you watch Pan's Labyrinth in English? Would it be the same. No, no it would not.  Would Clerks be as funny in French as in English? No. 

->Jackie,
I'm gonna watch Cowboy Bebop right now, in English.  I already know it's not going to change my opinion but maybe I might start watching Bebop in English.  Oh and animu? Are any of us going "OMG THAT IS LIKE SO KAWAII!!!1?" No.  No we are not.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #287 on: 15 Oct 2008, 15:28 »

Those are live action movies and again, there isn't the quite same connection between an actor's voice and what you're seeing onscreen with anime. I can understand if we're talking about a musical or something here, but honestly, with anime the only real stumbling block that English versions face that Japanese versions don't is translation problems, an issue that won't go away simply because you subtitled it rather than dubbed it.
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2008, 15:34 by Whipstitch »

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #288 on: 16 Oct 2008, 01:17 »

Precisely.  With anime, both Japanese AND English voice actors face the exact same problems, so there is no reason to make an immediate, blanket statement that one is always better than the other.  The guy who voices Spike (and a million other characters in various animes) is an amazing VA and to ignore his talents because he's not doing it in Japanese is absurd, especially among people who, again, don't speak Japanese.

There can be argument made that watching Asian things in their original language but that argument requires one to have at least a basic grasp of the language and culture involved.  Having been privy to many translation problems/issues, I can say with decent certainty that if you're listening to it in Japanese because "it's the right way" then you need to consider that the "right way" to listen to Asian languages - and all their vastly different metaphors and modes of expression - is to learn the language and live in their culture.

And there is certainly no argument to make that subtitles are any better translated as dubs as a general rule.  Lots of subtitled anime is translated horribly, so you're still not getting the "real" experience anyway.

InvisibleChess

« Reply #289 on: 25 Oct 2008, 17:01 »

Anyone here seen School Days?

If you answered yes wouldn't you agree that it was one of the most fucked up animes currently in existance?

Well, if you like Cowboy Bebop the extremely obvious recommendation would be Outlaw Star.

Thanks for the recomendation. I needed a good anime.

ThePQ4

« Reply #290 on: 25 Oct 2008, 18:09 »

What is School Days about?? It sounds familiar, but I'm not positive...

I am watching Kodomo no Jikan right now. ...I was all "Aw, it's so cute and pervy, I love it!" --and then fuckin' episode seven...about Reiji and Rin-chan's Mom...goddamn it.

MadassAlex

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "Tasteful"?
« Reply #291 on: 26 Oct 2008, 21:49 »

I liked Elfen Lied. It probably gets a bit too weepy at the end. But I liked it, it made me laugh and I could sympathise with the characters. Also, breasts and violence I guess.

Ikrik

« Reply #292 on: 27 Oct 2008, 00:05 »

Elfen Lied is, in my opinion, the perfect anime to get into anime.  After bashing anime for a long time my friend finally said "shut up, watch this." And I spent two hours on MSN receiving the first episode of EL.  That got me completely hooked into anime and I've been watching ever since.  Alright, it's not as deep as many other shows are but it is entertaining and really good for introducing people to anime.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #293 on: 27 Oct 2008, 00:36 »

Elfin Lied killed anime for me. It's all the awful tropes of the art form, condensed into a single series. There's nothing in it that hasn't been done in a series with actual positive qualities.

In that sense, yeah, it's a great entry point. I guess you'd enjoy a hearty meal that much more when you've been forced to consume dog mess beforehand?
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

CamusCanDo

• Curry sauce
« Reply #294 on: 27 Oct 2008, 00:54 »

I'm watching Genshiken right now. It's pretty fun guys. I'd also be willing to check out Kujibiki Unbalanced.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #295 on: 27 Oct 2008, 15:12 »

Linds is right about Elfen Lied.  It's "perfect" in the sense that it perfectly epitomizes certain types of anime, but not the artform as a whole.

Seriously people, talking about "anime" is as nebulous as talking about "movies" or "tv shows".  Contrary to what everyone outside Japan was led to believe until, oh, 10 years ago or so, "anime" is not "cartoons with giant robots and/or ninjas".  There are animes for every taste, which is why it's silly when people say they "hate anime" because it usually means they've seen two or three stupid shonen animes.

plumbob78

• Obscure cultural reference
  • ˇViva la revolución!
« Reply #296 on: 03 Nov 2008, 14:17 »

I recently watched School Rumble. I find it to be hilarious.

The only time I have ever wished I watched a show subbed is when there's a a lot of translated printed text in lots of scenes, because it's hard for me to read everything and watch, but that's what pause and review are there for.

ThePQ4

« Reply #297 on: 03 Nov 2008, 15:41 »

School Rumble is great!!
In fact, I think i may re-watch it tonight...

jimbunny

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • I'll show you the life of the mind!
« Reply #298 on: 04 Nov 2008, 15:43 »

For people like me, at least, watching anime in Japanese and with subtitles takes away some of the effect of ridiculously bad dialogue that's more or less unavoidable in genre shows, most times made worse in translation. At least then you can pretend that the characters sound semi-dignified; subtitles give you a little more room for imagination.

Also, I hate hearing English speakers pronounce Japanese names. It's just this thing.

Coffee_Kaioken

• Furry furrier
« Reply #299 on: 04 Nov 2008, 18:03 »

I might be going a tad off topic from the course this topic has surely taken a turn for, but,

I just finished watching Death Note and am now currently trying out Rozen Maiden. After someone sent me "Hikari No Rasenritsu" (the full version of the closing theme for the 2nd season), I fell in love with the song and decided to see which anime it was for. Lo and behold, Rozen Maiden.

My friends also recommended One Piece, saying it was better than Death Note. *shrug* Really, after DN, I saw the hype and understood why everyone loved it. L was the shit.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up