THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 03:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who is going to be most ticked off by Faye's confession?

Dora
- 24 (37.5%)
Marten
- 13 (20.3%)
Raven
- 17 (26.6%)
Sven
- 2 (3.1%)
Nobody
- 5 (7.8%)
Other
- 3 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: 09 Mar 2008, 21:00

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who is going to be most ticked off by Faye's confession?  (Read 26070 times)

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
  • This is my personal text. Not yours!

Faye's about to drop a bombshell again. A few characters in particular have reason to be upset. Who is going to nod and forgive and who is going to completely lose their cool?

An analysis:

Dora
Source of Anger: Expressly forbid any Sven/employee hijinks emphatically on several occasions due to Sven ruining her friendships.
Mitigating Factor: Faye gave Dora a free pass when she hooked up with Marten.

Marten
Source of Anger: Faye says no to relationship with Marten--or anyone--possibly forever, due to her issues. Then just a few weeks later is apparently mentally healthy enough to hook up with Dora's smarmy brother.
Mitigating Factor: Is in a happy relationship with Dora. If he acts angry, he might set off Dora's insecurity again. Also, has to live with Faye.

Raven
Source of Anger: Overtly lusted after Sven, to no avail. Faye insisted that she had negative interest in him and was not in pursuit.
Mitigating Factor: Now has hobo-boyfriend. Dora's Sven prohibition assumed to still be in effect.

Sven
Source of Anger: Faye said she wasn't going to tell, and then she did, and now Sven's in soooo much trouble with Dora.
Mitigating Factor: He didn't start it. And it was worth going back for seconds.

Further thoughts?  :-)
« Last Edit: 06 Mar 2008, 21:23 by bunnyThor »

Blackcat Moebius

• Plantmonster
  • No mushrooms.
Re: Who is going to be most ticked off by Faye's confession?
« Reply #1 on: 06 Mar 2008, 20:13 »

There's debate about this?  Dora, hands down.

Dora has  several other possible sources of anger.

- Dora is actively paranoid that Faye might make a play for Marten.  There's several ways that this situation could, at least in Dora's mind, make that more likely.

- Dora has warned Sven off from Faye as well - for *his* sake.  (She's worried that Faye will mess up Sven like she did Marten.)

- Dora's been flirting (jokingly?) with Faye for the whole run of the comic.  She just might feel a twinge of sibling jealousy.

- The 'ewww' factor (Purple elephants! Everything is ruined forever!)

Reenie

« Reply #2 on: 06 Mar 2008, 20:52 »

MARTEN WILL BE SO ANGRY.

Even if he can't show it because of his relationship with Dora, and even if he and Faye are not as close as they once were, there is no way he will not be upset by this.

Jeff7

• Furry furrier
« Reply #3 on: 06 Mar 2008, 20:58 »

MARTEN WILL BE SO ANGRY.
Dora would just have to quick nuzzle at his neck a bit, and he'd be fine again.
"Wait, what was I mad about?"

Kartoon Kween

• Plantmonster
  • JESUS
« Reply #4 on: 06 Mar 2008, 21:01 »

Dora
Source of Anger: Expressly forbid any Sven/employee hijinks emphatically on several occasions due to Sven ruining her friendships.
Mitigating Factor: Faye gave Dora a free pass when she hooked up with Faye.

Dora hooked up with Marten, not Faye.

Anyway, I'm betting on Marten being the most ticked off.  I'm hoping that suppressed emotions will flair up in him.
Friend of Earth, enemy of Santa.

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #5 on: 06 Mar 2008, 21:14 »

It depends on where the Sven - Faye relationship is going.

An actual relationship - Probably Marten. She strung him along for a long time, only to turn him down, and now she's hooked up with a guy "she barely knows"? Ouch.

Friend with benefits - Your guess is as good as mine. Could be either of them.

One-night stand - Dora. She'll fly off the handle, assuming Sven used his trademark smarm to get into Faye's pants. It can only go downhill from there.

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #6 on: 06 Mar 2008, 21:37 »

I'm going to go with Dora here.
Telling everyone is either going to get it all blown out of proportion, or they're all just going to go, "Uh...okay. Whatever." and all of this worry and anticipation will have been for nothing.
If she's not angry, she's going to at least see the positive side of this, listening to what the good doctor told Faye, and be like, "SO you DID just need a good lay!" and pat her on the back with a subtle threat, "Now that it's out of your system, don't ever touch my brother again!" If anything, I think Sven will get more backlash then Faye. He should have stopped her, he knows she has issues.

Wow, I don't think that post made any sense. Perhaps I should go to bed.

JoeMoron2000

« Reply #7 on: 06 Mar 2008, 21:39 »

No, that post made more sense than a lot of things going through my head (or my mouth...I'm eating an orange rind.  Wtf?) at the moment.

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
« Reply #8 on: 06 Mar 2008, 22:25 »

It depends on where the Sven - Faye relationship is going.

An actual relationship - Probably Marten. She strung him along for a long time, only to turn him down, and now she's hooked up with a guy "she barely knows"? Ouch.

Friend with benefits - Your guess is as good as mine. Could be either of them.

One-night stand - Dora. She'll fly off the handle, assuming Sven used his trademark smarm to get into Faye's pants. It can only go downhill from there.

This is all complicated by the fact that Faye isn't fully agreed in her own mind about what she thinks of Sven.

She claims to barely know him, yet she has acted as his confidante and mentor in his quest to better himself.

She says that she doesn't even like him very much, yet she is often accepting of, or even seeking out, his company.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Whether there is to be any deepening in what is already by any definition a very friendly acquaintanceship will depend on several factors:

1) How uncomfortable Faye feels around Dora and Marten after her confessions. (It was her unwillingness to intrude on them that led to most instances of her intruding on Sven instead.)

2) How dedicated Sven is to reforming his horndog ways. If Faye catches Sven in further philandery, then further intimacy--physical or emotional--may well be out of the question.

3) How interested Sven is in Faye in the first place. We have seen hints that he might have been taken by her as early as #519, despite the fact that she is neither lithe nor blonde.

4) How masochistic they both are. Seriously, we're talking two basket cases here. They only seem normal and sane because we got Hanners throwing the curve off.

Econoline

• Plantmonster
« Reply #9 on: 06 Mar 2008, 23:04 »

: Definitely : Dora

For many reasons, most already mentioned:

There's debate about this?  Dora, hands down.

Dora has  several other possible sources of anger.

- Dora is actively paranoid that Faye might make a play for Marten.  There's several ways that this situation could, at least in Dora's mind, make that more likely.

- Dora has warned Sven off from Faye as well - for *his* sake.  (She's worried that Faye will mess up Sven like she did Marten.)

- Dora's been flirting (jokingly?) with Faye for the whole run of the comic.  She just might feel a twinge of sibling jealousy.

- The 'ewww' factor (Purple elephants! Everything is ruined forever!)

Plus Dora has said so many times that she'd be furious at Sven if this happened that she has by now convinced herself that that is how she'll feel, and so she does. (Did that just make any sense at all? If not...oh,well.)

However...
Mitigating Factor: Faye gave Dora a free pass when she hooked up with Faye.
(You meant "...with Marten" but we get the point.)

Not only that, Dora's been encouraging Faye recently to "push her boundaries" and "have herself a good hard bang." She should be happy that (a) Faye took her advice, and (b) she did it with Sven instead of Marty. (If she thought about it at all, the possibility of Faye suddenly hooking up with just some random stranger would obviously be completely ridiculous.)

Also, she was always much more emphatic about SVEN not making a pass at FAYE,  not the other way around. If Faye is honest and tells Dora that she initiated it, enjoyed it, and doesn't regret it, I think Dora will have to realize that she can't be too angry with Sven about it. And I do think that Faye might want to protect Sven from Dora's wrath now

AND Dora once told Faye that Sven needs to date a girl like Faye, who'll beat some sense into him, and Faye has definitely shown herself to be up to the task several times now. (Heh, I almost said she's shown she had it in her.  :evil:)

There's no sense crying over every mistake,
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

aorta

« Reply #10 on: 06 Mar 2008, 23:19 »

Just watch Jeph turns it around on all of us and makes Dora actually happy for Faye. :-)

Kartoon Kween

• Plantmonster
  • JESUS
« Reply #11 on: 06 Mar 2008, 23:30 »

Just watch Jeph turns it around on all of us and makes Dora actually happy for Faye. :-)

I'd laugh so hard if Jeph actually went down a similar rout: Marten being happy for Faye.
Friend of Earth, enemy of Santa.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #12 on: 06 Mar 2008, 23:31 »

I went with Raven.

Dora and Marten both have reasons to be upset, but they both also have good reasons to be understanding and supportive, to bury their upset and do what they can because they care about Faye.

I can see Raven having a total meltdown.

Econoline

• Plantmonster
« Reply #13 on: 06 Mar 2008, 23:53 »

Well, it could happen...and if that's the way Jeph decides to go with this, I can totally see the logic behind it.

I would imagine that Marten will have mixed feelings, but he's not really the sort of guy who gets really angry, and he's just spent approximately the last 24 hours happily in bed with Dora so he's not gonna suddenly turn around and be really pissed off that he can't have Faye too.

And I really don't see Raven as being anything more than a little miffed, if that: her attraction to Sven was always somewhat giggly and superficial and she has another boyfriend of her own now, anyway.

Sven? Well, if Faye doesn't take responsibility for initiating the sex and try to allay Dora's anger at him, he might be sort of angry with Faye for telling Dora, but I really don't think that's what's going to happen: now that Dr. C has made her see that she has to confess, I think Faye's going to be completely honest.

Poor Hanners, though. I hope that somebody, or maybe everybody, manages to get her calmed down.

LadyFirelyght

• Plantmonster
  • I fart in your general direction.
« Reply #14 on: 07 Mar 2008, 04:13 »

I vote Pintsize. He will be angered and hurt that they didn't allow him to video the action so he could show all his Anthro-friends.
I'm suspicious of any food that makes its own packaging. There could be spiders inside!

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #15 on: 07 Mar 2008, 05:46 »

Initially, or after a couple of hours?

Dora and Marten are going to have mixed feelings about the whole thing - Marten with the get over it fairly quickly, as he's very happily involved with Dora, and quite frankly, he's not the type to get too worked up about anything ...

Dora will be upset initially, seeing the possilbility of her friendship with Faye being derailed by Faye's new relationship (?) with Sven like some of her previous friendships were, but then their friendship will hopefully reassert itself and things will continue - not the same as before, but that's life.

Now, how's Penelope going to react?
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Stoutfellow

• Curry sauce
« Reply #16 on: 07 Mar 2008, 05:58 »

With popcorn, of course.

The gF

« Reply #17 on: 07 Mar 2008, 08:15 »

Steve will be SO VERY ANGRY.  >(

Well, he honestly will be pissed, he had to sit through Marten's moping.  He may be more annoyed by this than Marten himself.  Marten will probably just get a little self-loathing for a while, I don't think he really has the capacity to blame Dora or Faye.  Steve, on the other hand, will not be happy with Faye.

End of the day, though, I think Raven's really gonna be the most pissed off.

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
« Reply #18 on: 07 Mar 2008, 08:48 »

I would imagine that Marten will have mixed feelings, but he's not really the sort of guy who gets really angry, and he's just spent approximately the last 24 hours happily in bed with Dora so he's not gonna suddenly turn around and be really pissed off that he can't have Faye too.

I don't think that anyone is seriously making the argument that Marten was hoping to violate the monogamy clause of his contract with Dora.

What Marten might be angry about is the fact that Faye appeared to lead him on forever while taking severe advantage of his hospitality and attentions, then gave him the "It's not you; it's me" speech--claiming severe emotional problems that might keep her from ever getting with a boy, and then just weeks later getting with a boy, saying in effect "Ha ha! You weren't good enough to give up being crazy for! I lived with and flirted with and punched at you for months and all you ever got was one hug and a crotch full of vomit. But I went all the way with Sven the Smarmosaur after a mere half dozen semi-hostile encounters. Boy, weren't you an idiot, Marty! I played you good!"

(We all know that the above is not an accurate accounting of events, but it is hard to imagine Marten being rational enough to see it otherwise, at least immediately.)

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #19 on: 07 Mar 2008, 12:37 »

Other than Penelope, Marten's probably the one who is least likely to overreact.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Econoline

• Plantmonster
« Reply #20 on: 07 Mar 2008, 13:23 »

I agree. For better or worse Marten comes across as the most rational, even-mannered character in the strip. If he's happy in his relationship with Dora--and he seems EXTREMELY happy now--he's going to think it through and realize that if Faye ever got better emotionally it was inevitable that she would eventually sleep with someone, and that both he and Faye have moved on and now have a happier, healthier relationship than they did before.

RevChewie

« Reply #21 on: 07 Mar 2008, 15:12 »

The question specifically says "ticked off". This to me implies anger.

Dora: In #1059 and 1060 she was pushing Faye hard with her "We really need to get you laid" statements. So while she may be upset that Faye slept specifically with Sven, there will be the mitigating factor that Faye got laid. So there'll be a part of Dora that wants to re-enact Faye's "High five" with Dr. Corinne.

Marten: Disappointed, yes. Hurt, a BIG yes. Ticked off, depends on how his hurt presents itself.

Raven: Oh, man! Raven is going to be *pissed*!!! Yes, again there's mitigation in Benji, her hobo-beau, but I think she's going to go ballistic.

Assuming, of course, that this doesn't just fry what's left of her little brain.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #22 on: 07 Mar 2008, 16:18 »

Sven is the only one who had any kind of agreement with Faye. They'd agreed to keep it quiet. He wanted to keep it quiet because he was sure Dora would kill him.

Now Faye's about to tell Dora.

Whoever actually does get most upset, Sven has the most right to get upset.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
« Reply #23 on: 07 Mar 2008, 16:48 »

Technically, Faye never agreed to do anything.

Faye made the observance that blabbing would be bad. Sven then declared that he would be discrete. Faye then voiced her approval of Sven's declaration.

It's a bit weasley, but Faye is free to tell anyone she wants.

jill the ripper

« Reply #24 on: 07 Mar 2008, 17:26 »

It's going to be complicated.
And that's it.

Obviously, Jeph is going to do something that we're not thinking of, but I do hope Marten gets mad, because I want to see that.

Dora might fly off the handle in the first few minutes, but will cool down fast. If Marten gets angry, he'll stay angry longer than Dora will.

But I'm only speculating.
Vaguely.

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
« Reply #25 on: 08 Mar 2008, 17:50 »

One option that I'm surprised that no one has mentioned yet is that maybe the most angry one will be Marten's mother Veronica. She did threated to visit Faye with a world of pain if Faye did anything to hurt Marten. I think this would qualify.  :evil:

Darcy

« Reply #26 on: 08 Mar 2008, 23:46 »

I think Marten will be very upset and hurt, but hide it from everyone, fearing he'll hurt Dora and Faye if he shows it.

autumns_elegy

« Reply #27 on: 09 Mar 2008, 03:40 »

My moneys on Veronica.

While Marty's with Dora and very happy about it, he'll probably be upset that it was Sven that ended up getting Faye's (possibly short lived) attention and not him.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #28 on: 09 Mar 2008, 05:09 »

I think there's a distinct possibility that Penelope will, after all the fireworks have finished, be very grumpy that she's the only one (except of course Hanners) who is still single. And be miffed again at how Steve shot her down.

But then again, maybe I just want Penpen to be in the comic some more.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

cwoolard

« Reply #29 on: 09 Mar 2008, 10:55 »

Huh? Steve/Penelope? Missed that one.

Stoutfellow

• Curry sauce
« Reply #30 on: 09 Mar 2008, 11:07 »

It happened just after Steve met Meena: http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=825

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #31 on: 09 Mar 2008, 18:40 »

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=511#

What if Dora's upset, not for the reasons people have mentioned, but on Marten's behalf?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Blackcat Moebius

• Plantmonster
  • No mushrooms.
« Reply #32 on: 09 Mar 2008, 20:39 »

Well, the Dora explosion is now official.  Now the question becomes, will anyone else top this?

Michael Nehora

« Reply #33 on: 09 Mar 2008, 20:52 »

Whether anyone tops it or not, I don't think we're going to see light, happy banter about indie bands, Asian martial-arts films, or other pop-culture stuff anytime soon.  In fact, if I were Faye I'd be planning another quickie trip back home until the storm settles.

angelagee

« Reply #34 on: 09 Mar 2008, 21:08 »

I think Dora is already really pissed off but I think everyone will calm down and the whole thing will blow over really quickly.
Although, I could be entirely wrong. But I don't think I am.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #35 on: 09 Mar 2008, 21:11 »

Whether anyone tops it or not, I don't think we're going to see light, happy banter about indie bands, Asian martial-arts films, or other pop-culture stuff anytime soon.

Well... Penelope has pop-corn.

Electrified Sprinkles

« Reply #36 on: 09 Mar 2008, 21:32 »

oooh my..
It's defiantly got to be Marten, even if he is seemingly emotionless, Faye betrayed him and he's got to feel the burn some where in his numb little soul...

Besides, I'm still convinced that he and Faye are made for each other and at some point in time, they will get together.

And what the heck happened to Steve?

~On a side note, Does any one foresee a pregnancy anytime soon?

That would make all hell break out.

Blackcat Moebius

• Plantmonster
  • No mushrooms.
« Reply #37 on: 09 Mar 2008, 21:40 »

I don't think Faye betrayed Marten.  Nor do I think Marten betrayed Faye when he started dating Dora.  They talked about this.

As for pregnancy, it's been suggested, but largely discounted.  That really doesn't seem like a direction Jeph would take the comic.

Electrified Sprinkles

« Reply #38 on: 09 Mar 2008, 21:48 »

I don't think Faye betrayed Marten.  Nor do I think Marten betrayed Faye when he started dating Dora.  They talked about this.

As for pregnancy, it's been suggested, but largely discounted.  That really doesn't seem like a direction Jeph would take the comic.

Alright, that all is true, they did talk about it... I'm still a bit skeptical though, but I respect your views.
And I suppose that a baby really isn't a direction Jeph would go in (I don't think I've ever seen him draw a baby in the comic in the first place, come to think of it).

But that still doesn't answer where Steve went...

Doug S. Machina

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #39 on: 10 Mar 2008, 04:39 »

The same place Faye went for a while: into the background while we focus on other characters.

He's probably just working, seeing Meena, stuff like that. It can't be more than an internal week since we last saw him.  Remember, the comic moves though time very slowly.

Quote from: sophle on January 30, 2008, 02:40:44 AM
How does QC time compare to actual time? How much time in the lives of your characters has elapsed since this comic began?

You know how glass isn't actually a solid, but an extremely viscous liquid? Yeah.
« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2008, 04:41 by Doug S. Machina »
Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
« Reply #40 on: 10 Mar 2008, 21:38 »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand an abrupt jump to Marten show us that Dora is so far the runaway winner in the pissed-off race.  :-o

My face is red. I voted for Marten.  :oops:

The gF

« Reply #41 on: 11 Mar 2008, 07:11 »

I honestly don't think Marten is hiding anything.  He wouldn't have been able to handle it so smoothly if he was actually that pissed by it.  Maybe he really DOES just want Faye to be happy at this point, and see his friends have good people in their lives.

Steve, I still think, will be very angry on Marten's behalf, and Raven will be the angriest of the lot.  And Victoria, too.

I hope we get to meet Marten's dad soon. :3

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #42 on: 11 Mar 2008, 07:50 »

No!  Marten's dad would probably seduce Sven and start a huge nasty love triangle!

Muskrat121

« Reply #43 on: 11 Mar 2008, 08:25 »

Marten's emo enough as it is.  His father seducing his roommate/best friends boyfriend/boytoy and the aftermath of that would drive him so far into emo land he would never stop crying and wouldn't even have to cut himself to bleed.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #44 on: 11 Mar 2008, 08:57 »

THREAD OVER.
Hate, rain on me

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
« Reply #45 on: 11 Mar 2008, 09:30 »

Yeah, the thread isn't really over until we see Raven and Sven's reactions, but you are welcome to come back then and make liberal use of your CAPS LOCK key again.

kthxbye.

shauba

« Reply #46 on: 11 Mar 2008, 09:34 »

NOT satisfied.

At what point will Marten's head finally explode? It's so frustrating. I don't care how much "sexin" you're getting, this situation would tick anybody right off. I know I'm generalizing, but in my experience most people would be (secretly) jealous in this situation, even if they're in a healthy happy relationship.

What does Faye have to do to get this boy upset? And what kind of pot is he smoking?

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #47 on: 11 Mar 2008, 09:37 »

The really good kind.  The kind that makes you pay $200 for a box of cookies.  From second-hand smoke.

AngelofShadows

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • One body.....one mind.
« Reply #48 on: 11 Mar 2008, 10:04 »

Delayed reaction anyone?

There have been plenty of times where someone tells me something, and I don't get mad till I think about it.

Like if I was walking to go calm someone down.

I don't see him getting mad, just really, really depressed.

Nice guy who put with up with a mountain of shit gets trumped by womanizer who girl just started to get to know.

That would make me hate life.
There are some basic rules to remember when cosplaying.
   1. If you're a hot Asian chick you can wear whatever you want and say it's whatever you want. Lingerie and some Pikachu ears are totally a legitimate costume.
   2. Everyone else needs to GTFO.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #49 on: 11 Mar 2008, 10:20 »

So even though he didn't get upset you guys think he will.

FAYE AND MARTEN 4EVER
Hate, rain on me
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up