THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 18:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what's up in svendanavia?  (Read 4150 times)

shamefulshipper

what's up in svendanavia?
« on: 01 Apr 2008, 22:25 »

So how does Sven feel about all this? We seem to have a pretty good indication that he has some sort of feelings for Faye - this isn't just another of his one night stands (not that there's anything wrong with those! sheesh people!). And I know that even though it feels like it's been forever in real world time, it's just been a couple of days in the QC timeline, but I have to wonder what he's been thinking.

Is he going to ask Faye for more? Shrewdly lure her in with amazing sex until she's surprise!inlove with him? Will he be devastated if she rejects him?

Speculate away!

waterloosunset

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Re: what's up in svendanavia?
« Reply #1 on: 02 Apr 2008, 10:31 »

he'll lure her in with a cheesy song and alcohol, disarming her wit and violence, get her pregnant and married. just wait

Uber Ritter

• Curry sauce
« Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 2008, 10:34 »

I'm not sure that Sven is going to want a relationship enormously just because he's also pretty good friends with Faye, particularly when he figures out that she doesn't really want to or feel ready 'date' him or anyone.
I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves.
-Ludwig Wittgenstein

shamefulshipper

« Reply #3 on: 02 Apr 2008, 17:23 »

But then again, the doesn't really want to date thing might be perfect for Sven. They could be in a non committed secretly (and unknown to both parties) committed relationship. Maybe I just know a freakish amount of people terrified of their own emotions, but I don't think those situations are that out of the ordinary.

Blackcat Moebius

• Plantmonster
  • No mushrooms.
« Reply #4 on: 02 Apr 2008, 19:08 »

I dunno.  It's hard to tell if Sven is romantically attracted to Faye or not.  Most of the instances where he's acted that way could just be interpreted as Sven's usual way of dealing with women. 
Yes, including the sexings.  (And today's final panel come-on.)
It seems more to me like Sven's attitude has been 'hmmm, maybe it'd be more interesting to try to get to know this one instead of putting the moves on.'  (This strip, in particular, makes me think that.)  Also, it's noteworthy that he was quite surprised when she did jump him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up