Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: BSG  (Read 35472 times)

Voxsera

Re: BSG
« Reply #50 on: 20 Apr 2008, 16:19 »

Yea , was wodnering where Hera went to - i remember her being taken by teh cylons,but nothing on her after that...maybe Hera died or something.

And JEEZ.Everything was batshit crazy.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #51 on: 20 Apr 2008, 17:09 »

and I don't get to see next week's episode until Sunday night (damned army exercise).  Hopefully there will be no problems with the DVD-R then.....
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Theonefish

« Reply #52 on: 20 Apr 2008, 23:07 »

Yea , was wodnering where Hera went to - i remember her being taken by teh cylons,but nothing on her after that...maybe Hera died or something.

The Six captive on Galactica helped Athena get Hera back to the fleet, Helo and Athena had her under their care. As far as we know (and good sense would tell us that) she's not on the Demetrius, so she's probably with somebody in the fleet.

Voxsera

« Reply #53 on: 21 Apr 2008, 04:12 »

Oh yea right, forgetten about that.

Btw , Weapons Locker 1701D!

Muskrat121

« Reply #54 on: 21 Apr 2008, 11:06 »

Yeah, nice little reference there.

I have to imagine that if that many piolits/important people have run off with Starbuck that something rediculous is either going to happen to their little expidition or to the fleet.  From a writers prespective I can't imagine any other reason you would put them together like that.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #55 on: 14 Jun 2008, 08:24 »

Guys.

Guys.

BSG was really, really, really good for the past few weeks.

And now it's over for a year.

And I'm really sad because that was a hell of a way to go to a break before the final stretch of the show.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #56 on: 14 Jun 2008, 08:56 »

Fucking hell that was the best episode ever.
Nobody I know even watches it, but goddamnit there is no better program on TV.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #57 on: 14 Jun 2008, 11:54 »

Basically, it is the most intelligent sci-fi show I have ever watched.

It's not the most fun. Hell, given a choice between new BSG, Doctor Who, Farscape, or Lost, BSG would lose to all three because I just enjoy watching them more.

But goddamn, despite that, it is so good. SO GOOD.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #58 on: 14 Jun 2008, 13:00 »

I still can't believe they resisted the urge to end the first half of the season with a cliff-hanger.

I feel kind of cheated, but at the same time, I'm just glad I'm not spending the next 6-12 months going WHAT?!?! WHAT?!?! I mean, they found Earth, that's a pretty big enough event to end that half of the season on, quite frankly.

What are your predictions for what's going to happen in the last half of the series? Presumably they have to wrap up the story with the Cavill cylon faction, give us a pretty good indication that Earth isn't just going to become a New New Caprica, and finally sort out this "God vs Gods" rubbish that has been kicking around, as well as confirming my theory that Roslin is the final cylon.

Hey I've got money on this, I have to be confident.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

talon

« Reply #59 on: 14 Jun 2008, 14:49 »

WTF!!! i have to wait... for how long, anyone? now i can only talk about what could happen with friends instead of actually seeing it. oh wait... none of my friends watch this show, i always try to convince them that its one of the best shows ever but they here battlestar galactica and they say, "yeah right nerd." but damn i hate this half season stuff, was so excited for this season and to see resolution and they leave me hanging and waiting.

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #60 on: 15 Jun 2008, 08:14 »

Hat, I'm pretty sure that the Cylon that knows who the final 5 are said that there were only four in the fleet. Maybe somehow the fifth will be on earth?

And how can you say that's not a cliffhanger? They get to earth, and all the buildings are ruined! And they're in an alliance that last time resulted in humanity having to live under an oppressive cylon regime?

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #61 on: 15 Jun 2008, 15:54 »

Damn, Me and my wife are now waiting to January (at the earliest) to see how they wrap this up.

My impression as Tigh went an confessed to Adama and gave him the Plan B, all I had to say was "Damn - That took some serious stones."

And maybe it was me, but did Tyrol have a look on his face in the last scene that said, "Well, looks I've got a lot of work to do."

And now we get to speculate on:

a.  Who's the last cylon?
b.  What happened on Earth?
c.  What happened to the rest of the cylons?
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #62 on: 15 Jun 2008, 20:10 »

Hat, I'm pretty sure that the Cylon that knows who the final 5 are said that there were only four in the fleet. Maybe somehow the fifth will be on earth?

And how can you say that's not a cliffhanger? They get to earth, and all the buildings are ruined! And they're in an alliance that last time resulted in humanity having to live under an oppressive cylon regime?

Well what else did you expect on Earth from ruined buildings? I mean, its supposed to be Humanities home, and you'd think if humanity was still living there in any kind of advanced state, they'd have run into the 12 colonies for any reason. I suppose there are a few ways they could have found an advanced civilisation on Earth and still had it make sense, but this seems more plausible to me. I'm not going to lie, however, I was looking forward to the fleet turning up at Earth during Woodstock. Also this alliance seems to be on different terms. Remember that things are a lot different than they were a year ago. Centurions have free will, the numbers of the human models have been pared back significantly, and of course, the resurrection hub has been destroyed. It's a whole different ball game.

As for the fifth cylon being on Earth, that's probably the most likely answer. I mean, the final five models are obviously quite different to the first seven, and the whole thing with Starbucks ship being the beacon that set off the other four is quite possibly a signal from the fifth cylon. Really, it was just fun to get a betting pool going just in case that speculation is wrong. I mean, to be fair, one of the most popular choices for the fifth cylon in the betting pool behind Adama is Hotdog, so we're not taking this too seriously
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2008, 20:12 by Hat »

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #63 on: 16 Jun 2008, 00:59 »

I'm half-expecting the other cylons (the other side in the civil war) to be on Earth already. Either that, or they're going to turn up in the next couple of episodes.
If Roslin dies, as would make sense, since they've found Earth, who do you think will be president? Lee again? He seemed to do a rather good job.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #64 on: 16 Jun 2008, 04:42 »

It would take real talen to bollocks things up in a few days....

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #65 on: 16 Jun 2008, 07:39 »

Yeah but it was his leadership that resulted in the alliance, and thus getting to Earth while avoiding being slaughtered by Cylons.
I don't know about you, but I'd vote for him.

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #66 on: 16 Jun 2008, 09:15 »

Slight SPOILERS ALERT:

Why the fuck did Lee back down?  Once he had Earth and the three Cylons, why the fuck did he back down?  "Uh, Deanna, I have Earth, and I have your three Cylons, you better give me back my peoople, or I will fuck these guys up, then kick the shit out of your shitty, beat up base star, and send you all to your maker."

These people killed almost your entire race.  They are your enemy, and you should bring them to your terms, nothing less.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #67 on: 16 Jun 2008, 10:40 »

Because the Cylons had their nukes ready to fire on ALL of the fleet? Because maybe a war that resulted in humanity's near-extinction isn't something that he was too eager to pursue to the end?
He couldn't really do anything. Having the three Cylons doesn't mean the fleet was invincible. If the humans fired upon the Cylons, the Cylons would have fired back. Sure, they wouldn't get Earth, but at least they'd survive.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #68 on: 16 Jun 2008, 16:34 »

I've never really considered provoking someone with nukes aimed at the last of your entire species to be a good idea, no.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Dissy

« Reply #69 on: 16 Jun 2008, 21:33 »

Actually, I went back and rewatched the episode.  The fleet had their FTL Drives all wound up and ready to go.  Lee orders them to jump, and they all jump.  Then you can basically tell Deanna your demands.  Not much she can do, except fire the nukes at you, and you at them.
I fuck at typos

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #70 on: 17 Jun 2008, 00:12 »

Didn't one of the humans say they couldn't get the FTLs working, because the Cylons would detect it, and fire before they had time to jump?

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #71 on: 17 Jun 2008, 04:03 »

Yep. Besides, there's also the matter of the stupidity of genocide, racial warfare and perpetuating hate, which might have been a factor in his not going for a confrontation with the Cylons just because they're Cylons.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #72 on: 17 Jun 2008, 11:43 »

Tyrol has fucking lost it, I am pretty sure he is going to be my favourite character for these last 12 episodes, did you just notice everytime something was kind of fucked, he just had this deranged grin on his face?

It was pointed out to me that ever since Cally died, he's sort of become like a less psychotic version of the Joker, which is fantastic.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #73 on: 23 Jun 2008, 05:17 »

Any bets on when Season 4.5 starts? 

Dissy

« Reply #74 on: 23 Jun 2008, 07:53 »

^^ January 2009.  Moore says that the lovely writer's strike held up the production and they want to give the series a good final ending, so 6+ months.
I fuck at typos

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #75 on: 23 Jun 2008, 10:57 »

Yeah, but season 4 was supposed to start Jan 08, and actually started in late March. 

It's starting to look like the promises the gov't makes when soldiers get new kit "Everyone will have the new helmet by 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999." 

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #76 on: 20 Jul 2008, 07:38 »

sorry to necro this thread but up until the last week or so i'd only seen a few sporadic episodes of this series here and there and though it was okay. yesterday i borrowed the miniseries + season one from my friend to see what all the hubbub was about and holy shit, everyone who told me this was one of the best shows currently on television wasn't lying. the next few months for me are now basically going to consist of finding time in between classes to watch the entire series and getting completely caught up before january. this isn't the type of show i'd ever have seen my self liking but dang, it's really well done.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #77 on: 20 Jul 2008, 10:54 »

You say that like it is a bad thing.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #78 on: 20 Jul 2008, 11:13 »

Oh man, Tania.

You are not going to be disappointed.

Except for twice a season in between the beginning and middle and middle and end when every single season drags down to boring-ass shit before picking back up to awesome-ass shit again.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #79 on: 22 Jul 2008, 11:42 »

I dont know, they just ostensibly arrived at their final destination.  Theres always sick amounts of tension and betrayal, and what about the other 3 models.  There will be a reckoning as every loose end gets tied up in the last 10 episodes.  Im stoked!
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #80 on: 22 Jul 2008, 12:07 »

I think we only have to figure out who the final model is.  We have the numbered models (one through 7), Tigh, Anders, Tori, the Chief and the final model.

any thoughts?

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #81 on: 22 Jul 2008, 15:06 »

The obvious choice is Starbuck, but I think shes something else.  Itll be something totally central, like Roslin or Adama (Sr.)

Dissy

« Reply #82 on: 23 Jul 2008, 08:06 »

Well, Mr. Moore has said that the final Cylon is not, repeat not, sitting at the table.  The only clue to his/her identity is the goblet between Tigh and Lee Adama.  This eliminates Starbuck, Rosalin, and Bill Adama.  I think its Gaita

I fuck at typos

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #83 on: 23 Jul 2008, 10:31 »

Maybe its Hera Athena and Helo's child.  Shes gearing up to be a big stink.  Though I dont have any clue as to what the deal with the Goblet is, I dont recall ever seeing it.  But googling Greek mythology since that seems to be a theme and Chalice (human thesaurus over here).  Dionysus is usually holding a Wand and a Chalice.  The want is called “Thyrsus”and its used to depect the marriage of Forest Nature (natural Humans) and Agricultural (artificial Cylons).  And the the Chalice is used to represent the womb of his mother Semele, in the case Athena, for whom she would be a 'Child of Promise'.  Then again there are 2 halfbreed babies out there.  So who knows.

So based on my guess, and affirmative information from Greek mythology, I stand by the chalice is used to represent the union of real and artificial, and somehow, 'since its all happened before', the Cyclons knew this child would be born and she is the last Cylon model.  That would also be a reason for the final 5 to be hidden, because if the Sharons knew they were to give birth to the final model, it would alter their actions.  And it seems 'love' has alot to do with breeding between them.

Thank you very much, you have been a great crowd.
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2008, 12:05 by Chesire Cat »

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #84 on: 23 Jul 2008, 11:22 »

I'm going with Helo.  It would explain how he managed to spend over 2 months on Caprica in season one and still have the same hair length when he was rescued as when he started.

And also why his clothes didn't rot off his body after being worn for that same period of time.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #85 on: 23 Jul 2008, 11:41 »

Ok, but instead of just wildly guessing.  Maybe try to find a connection the the Goblet/Chalice, since its official from the Director or whatever he is that it is a clue to the final model.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #86 on: 23 Jul 2008, 13:25 »

Well, the Dionysus connection makes sense, as well as the obvious Jesus connection to the goblet being the Holy Grail.

Also, who isn't sitting at the table? Gaeta. Zarek. Cottle. Uh....Boxey....

(P.S. I love that Baltar's species on BSG is listed as "Human (supposedly)")
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

beat mouse

• HEADACHE
« Reply #87 on: 26 Jul 2008, 15:01 »

I'm going with Helo.  It would explain how he managed to spend over 2 months on Caprica in season one and still have the same hair length when he was rescued as when he started.

And also why his clothes didn't rot off his body after being worn for that same period of time.

making their child absolutely nothing important, going against the entire opera house motif of the show?
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #88 on: 28 Jul 2008, 04:40 »

always the possibility of a mistake.  Tyrol and Callie also had a hybrid child.

Or we could all be talking out of our asses, and when it's finally revealed we'll all be going, "Damn, I did not see that coming."

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #89 on: 28 Jul 2008, 05:34 »

We know that the goblet represents the Galactica because Lee is looking at it. This obviously is because he wants to be in charge. Roslin, on the other hand is near it, but not looking at it because, as you can see, she is confident that it is still under her control, and she doesn't need to worry about it.
And as if that wasn't enough, the goblet appears to be made out of METAL and Galactica is made out of METAL.
Furthermore, you will notice that the battlestar isn't literally in the picture (that set could be anywhere) BUT it is there symbolically, as the goblet. A clever method of hiding it in plain sight on the part of Moore.
Now that they have found Earth, chances are everyone but a skeleton crew will leave Galactica to settle the planet meaning that it is the perfect time for the Galactica to finally show its true colours.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I reveal the final cylon: Galactica.
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2008, 05:37 by schimmy »

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #90 on: 28 Jul 2008, 05:50 »

Dude I know you are joking and trying to be deliberately ridiculous but that is the best guess to the final cylon that takes into account the last supper photo clues as being legitimate I have ever heard.

On the other hand I think the Last Supper Photo thing is a bullshit red herring anyway.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #91 on: 28 Jul 2008, 10:52 »

The Cylon Raiders, and possibly even the Centurians have an organic core, I highly doubt Galactica does too.  I still stand by Hera being the one, I mean Human's and Cylon's are eventually going to make peace.  Theres no ressurection ship, they are effectively mortal.  Hera represents the future of the species, and since the Cylons seem to always know whats gonna come next (in a spiritual sense) it would make sense.  Then again I really cant answer for Cally and Tyrols kid, didnt bitchface hot-chick take her when she shot Cally out of the airlock?  But mostly that child seemed to be more of a prop than anything, and the final four were always single models.  Its the first 7 that really had to take a leap and fall in love to have a child, and have a child that seems to be in everyones dreams at that.

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #92 on: 28 Jul 2008, 12:38 »

Surely they can build another resurrection ship? I mean, that's what I'd do. It's not like the humans / rebel cylons would be able to stop them, or even find it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up