THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 17:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bass Guitars?  (Read 21768 times)

Beastmouth

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Re: Bass Guitars?
« Reply #50 on: 13 Mar 2008, 15:17 »

Plus, the American and Mexican models are pretty cookie-cutter in the looks department. The really cool stuff is made in Japan. Like the Jag bass and a few other unusual ones. I like browsing the Fender Ishibashi site, but I haven't looked into how difficult it would be to get them to ship one to the US.
mustang mustang grar rar ra
Quote from: Lao_Tse
The song that can be sung is not the great Song.

alphabetshapes

« Reply #51 on: 13 Mar 2008, 18:49 »

The Fender Geddy Lee signature is a great bass to play. Classic look with a classic tone and the Badass Bridge all combine to happy fun for all genres!

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #52 on: 02 Oct 2010, 06:55 »

I didn't want to make another thread so hopefully it's all ok.

I wanted to ask something:
I'm looking for a bass and I'm a completely n00b about the subject, I just have the strong will to back it up
I found this Cort G-series 4 string + Warwick Blue Cab 30Watt Amp for around 120 euro., second-handed.
Like I said before, I don't have a clue about this subject, I just have the will to try it out and well, you have to start somewhere, right?  :-) 
Could you guys tell me if it is worth it? I'm not really looking for anything special since it will be my first instrument ever (well, the first one that I buy anyway), I just want something good for learning and since I can afford it and it has already an amp...

Thanks.

NotAFanOfFenders

• The German Chancellory building
  • even furrier
« Reply #53 on: 02 Oct 2010, 15:44 »

What's the absolute max you're looking to spend?

as far as amplification, i'd suggest a fender rumble of some sort, or a bass pod. I'd reccomend looking at some ibanez basses as well. Even though you've never played an instrument before you should try before you buy, just to get a feel of the neck, weight, and sound.

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #54 on: 02 Oct 2010, 17:34 »

That appears to be a cheap bass, which is fine for your first instrument, of course. It does mean you should make sure there aren't any dead frets, though. When you are looking at it, just play each fret and make sure you can get a good note out of it.

Don't know about the amp, but Warwicks tend to be good basses, from what I remember. Don't know if that transfers to their amps.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #55 on: 02 Oct 2010, 18:42 »

What's the absolute max you're looking to spend?
Even though you've never played an instrument before you should try before you buy, just to get a feel of the neck, weight, and sound.

Well I don't have a lot of money so I can't spend more than 200 euro for bass + amp. :P That's why i was searching in second-hand websites in the first place
I've been familiar with some basses since a couple of months so yeah... I know that I have to try it out before buying(That's common sense though) and I will bring with me a friend who can help me checking everything is alright.

Thanks for the answers guys, keep them coming if it is possible :P
The main question is that in the case of everything being fine with every part of the bass and amp... will it be a good deal?
Because I don't know about different brands. :)
Thanks once again.
____

Edit: So I went through some research and found other options, some prices are quite low and makes me doubt but I will post them anyway.
- Marshall 10watt transistor amp, two canals: clean and overdrive, for cd and mp3, around 70 euro
- Randalll, 43watt for 90 euro... Then again, I don't need something huge since it's just so I can practice home.
- two small marshalls, 10 watt each, the upper one is a G10 MkII and the one down is Valvestate 10, model 8010. Made in India and england respectively 70 euro both and 40/50 euro if I buy just one. I want something small for my room so this seems fine(?)
- Yamaha RBX350 85 euro, at first it was 110 euro but the owner changed the price.
- Ibanez GSR 100 for 70 euro, the owner says that he bought it for 190 euro and it's around 1 year old.

And of course the Cort G-series 4 string + Warwick Blue Cab 30Watt Amp that I posted before for 120 euro.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 03 Oct 2010, 03:29 by Mr. Doctor »

NotAFanOfFenders

• The German Chancellory building
  • even furrier
« Reply #56 on: 03 Oct 2010, 04:02 »

The gsr-100 looks like a good deal to me, but as far as amps go would at least get a 30w. Maybe you should try to get that warwick separately? Squier basses tend to be pretty ok as well (not the bullet series though) so I'd keep an eye open for one of those as well.

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #57 on: 03 Oct 2010, 05:09 »

Yeah, it seems like a good deal to me too and I agree with you about trying to get the amp separately.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up