THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mabinogi  (Read 2132 times)

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
Mabinogi
« on: 14 Mar 2008, 17:51 »

I've started playing this (currently free) mmorpg. And I have to say, its really good! I haven't really played an mmo (much less currently free mmo) that has been this good. Sure, its overcrowded at times. But it still doesn't distract from the fact that its a good game (did I mention its free?)

Anyway, heres the linkhttp://mabinogi.nexon.net/
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

Narr

Re: Mabinogi
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2008, 19:55 »

How's the combat?

That's all that matters to me in RPG games anymore.  If I want a compelling story for compelling story's sake, I'll read a book.  I can't play things that put me to sleep anymore like, say, every other MMO out there.  Cept world of Warcraft, but I hate that for other reasons.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2008, 09:10 »

Its certainly more involving then other games. Other then that, I dont know what to say about it. Its alot about timing, like rock paper scissors style. Like if you put down scissors (lets say, defend) early then your opponent can put down rock (the smash attack) and then you get hit. But if you quickly switch to counter (paper) before he/she hits then you can counter their blow.
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

Narr

« Reply #3 on: 16 Mar 2008, 23:01 »

Hmm, sounds interesting.

I might give it a shot.  I've been busy helping with playithardcore.com lately (as in I've pretty much completely handled getting everything but Soulmata's Ultima pages off the ground in the last couple weeks) and am enjoying Icewind Dale currently.
Pages: [1]   Go Up