THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 12:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Steve + Hannelore  (Read 31406 times)

stevelore

• Not quite a lurker
  • Steve + Hanners = AWESOME
Steve + Hannelore
« on: 14 Mar 2008, 19:12 »

Is anyone else just waiting for this pairing to happen?

Hanners and Steve would make an awesome couple.

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
Re: Steve + Hannelore
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2008, 19:23 »

Speaking of pairings that come out of nowhere... :wink:
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

Martelore

« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2008, 20:32 »

I don't really see it. What does she have in common with Steve?

Blackcat Moebius

• Plantmonster
  • No mushrooms.
« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2008, 20:37 »

Not entirely out of nowhere. 
There isn't much there, admittedly, but you know that if those two did get together, everyone would be pointing to that strip and saying 'OMG FORESHADOWING!'

Martelore

« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2008, 20:41 »

Man, that's nothing. Hannelore and *Marten* have actually had physical contact multiple times. Besides, Steve's in a relationship already, and Marten's going to be single soon.

stevelore

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #5 on: 14 Mar 2008, 20:47 »

Here's where that pairing comes from:

Who are the two best characters? Steve and Hannelore.

That's where it comes from.

The strip should have a lot more steve and a lot more hannelore.  especially together.

Michael Nehora

« Reply #6 on: 14 Mar 2008, 20:48 »

As much as I like Hannelore, I can't really picture her with anyone until she (a) gets on a medication that actually works for her, so her behaviour is less unpredictable and (b) works through her phobia of kisses and hugs.  Although many guys would be understanding and patient about the "Sex is for no" thing, I can't see anyone wanting to date her for long without even being able to kiss and cuddle, unless she were an Orthodox Jew or Muslim (they can't touch members of the opposite sex to whom they aren't married).  Sorry, Hanners + {Steve/Marten/Winslow in Android Chassis} shippers.

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
« Reply #7 on: 14 Mar 2008, 21:01 »

*Lowers HANNELORE AND WINSLOW-MAN pennant and walks away dejectedly.*

Awwwww.....

until they NEED IT!"

Michael Nehora

« Reply #8 on: 14 Mar 2008, 21:07 »

If it's any consolation, Norton, there's a touching FanFiction.Net story which is the next best thing.

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
« Reply #9 on: 14 Mar 2008, 21:38 »

Wow. I didn't even know QC fanfiction existed.

...And something tells me it's not a world I want to delve much more into. :wink:

until they NEED IT!"

stevelore

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #10 on: 14 Mar 2008, 21:42 »

In case any of you are curious, here's how the Steve+Hanners relationship could develop from the current plot developments.

Dora can't handle it that Marten is so cool about the Sven-Faye thing, because if he isn't even a little bit jealous over Faye (who he was into for like forever), Dora is worried that he'll lose interest in her too.  Plus, she's pissed at Svan, and Marten isn't going to take her side.

Meanwhile, Steve stops seeing whoever that girl is that he is currently with, because the thing about the ex being her roommate weirds him out too much.

When Dora and Marten break up, Faye pretty much has a breakdown, and can't handle that sleeping with Sven ruined her friendship with Dora, Dora's relationship with Marten, Dora's relationship with Sven, and her friendship with Marten (which gets ruined because of guilt over ruining his relationship with Dora).  Faye decides she can't live with Marten any more, and moves out.

Steve decides to move in, and, since Marten is being hella mopey about things, Hannelore can't rely on Marten as someone to hang out with.  She and steve start talking, more and more.

Eventually, during a late night chat between the two of them... you all know where this is going.

But instead of flipping out, Hannelore is oddly comfortable with kissing Steve.  It's not like she's a hundred percent better (who would want Hannelore without any of her eccentricities?) but with Steve she is able to keep the uber-crazies under control (i.e. no boiling water on face after kissing).  

I guess at this point, the strip would pretty much just be about Hannelore and Steve, but I can't imagine anyone having a problem with that!

AngelofShadows

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • One body.....one mind.
« Reply #11 on: 15 Mar 2008, 10:47 »

I think when she hugged Castro'd Pintsize, and figured out where he really got the beard, it may kill off any chance of Steve/hanners.
There are some basic rules to remember when cosplaying.
   1. If you're a hot Asian chick you can wear whatever you want and say it's whatever you want. Lingerie and some Pikachu ears are totally a legitimate costume.
   2. Everyone else needs to GTFO.

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #12 on: 15 Mar 2008, 17:47 »

As much as I like Hannelore, I can't really picture her with anyone

I agree with this statement 100%

Plus, I like Steve+Meena.

JoeMoron2000

« Reply #13 on: 16 Mar 2008, 12:36 »

I, for one, would find this subplot to be hilarious if Jeph decides to delve into it, even if only temporarily.
We need more enjoyable random humour!

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
  • This is my personal text. Not yours!
« Reply #14 on: 16 Mar 2008, 12:44 »

Um, no.

No enjoyable random humor until some of the more pressing story questions are resolved. Otherwise it's very hard to enjoy the "enjoyable" humor when you are stressed out from all the major drama points still left hanging.  :x

I need to see Sven's reaction, Raven's reaction, and the source of Dona's issues before I can give even half a crap about Steve.

JoeMoron2000

« Reply #15 on: 16 Mar 2008, 12:46 »

Well, I wasn't talking about right now, I was referring to in the general future.  I mean, once all this crap is sorted out, wouldn't it be hilarious if Steve and Hannelore hooked up?  Even if for a few comics?

Jb

« Reply #16 on: 16 Mar 2008, 12:49 »

Anyone else wondering how the boy got on the space station?  :laugh:

JoeMoron2000

« Reply #17 on: 16 Mar 2008, 12:52 »

What boy?

Michael Nehora

« Reply #18 on: 16 Mar 2008, 13:36 »

I presume Jb is referring to the boy who kissed Hanners in eighth grade, sending her into a self-scalding frenzy.

However.  While Hanners was raised on a space station, unless I've forgotten it's never said how long she was raised there.  Presumably by eighth grade she was living in what passes for normal human society in the QC universe.
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2008, 16:44 by Michael Nehora »

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #19 on: 16 Mar 2008, 17:28 »

Presumably her father is still somewhat social.  There might be other space stations up there.  Maybe they have Space Balls.  You know, for the debutantes.

stevelore

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #20 on: 17 Mar 2008, 00:23 »

Amadeus

« Reply #21 on: 17 Mar 2008, 00:26 »

*Lowers HANNELORE AND WINSLOW-MAN pennant and walks away dejectedly.*

Awwwww.....
That'd be cute.

I'm admittedly a guy who loves me some romantic pairings.

Though, I'd rather see Steve with Penelope, which has a lot more of a base to work with.

Doug S. Machina

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #22 on: 17 Mar 2008, 03:19 »

I like Meena. Hopefully, we'll see more of her.  If they do break up, Penelope would be a more likely pairing. And if Hennelore was going to be with anyone in the current cast,  Marten is the clear favourite. Though Hanners would be living in fear of Dora.

Mind you, it's all at the whim of Jeph. She could have an affair with Mr Biachi if he so chooses. :laugh:

I always thought there could be a minor plot where we find out Winslow is madly in love with his owner, and was crushed that she didn't like the robo-boyfriend body. No shipping there, just doomed unrequited love.
Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

stevelore

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #23 on: 17 Mar 2008, 08:31 »

Yeah, I suppose some of those are ok alternatives to a plotline where hanners and steve get together.

but I mean, obviously, they are all in second place to steve and hanners falling in true love.

who is meena?

ThePQ4

« Reply #24 on: 17 Mar 2008, 08:45 »

Meena is the Mortician girl...with the roommate that is her ex...

I'm to lazy to find the comics for you, I'm sorry.

stevelore

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #25 on: 17 Mar 2008, 08:49 »

oh, her name is meena?

I thought her name was "standing in the way of steve and hannelore's true love"

ThePQ4

« Reply #26 on: 17 Mar 2008, 09:02 »

...You're a strange one. Just wanted to let you know that.

benji

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #27 on: 17 Mar 2008, 09:12 »

If it's any consolation, Norton, there's a touching FanFiction.Net story which is the next best thing.

That is truly frightening.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
« Reply #28 on: 17 Mar 2008, 10:49 »

What, fanfic?

I agree. Fanfic is fucking disturbing.

Michael Nehora

« Reply #29 on: 17 Mar 2008, 12:05 »

Whatever.  I didn't write it.   :roll:

And stevelore...yeah, we get your point, made in multiple threads.  In fact, we all got it just from your username.

Don't be that guy.

improbability driver

« Reply #30 on: 17 Mar 2008, 12:17 »

I always thought there could be a minor plot where we find out Winslow is madly in love with his owner, and was crushed that she didn't like the robo-boyfriend body. No shipping there, just doomed unrequited love.

I just thought I'd share: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=704

I have an odd memory for robot-centric comics. I think it is because Winslow is possibly the cutest thing ever drawn.

fallax

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #31 on: 17 Mar 2008, 12:54 »

Yes. Yes it is. I don't think that could have been any creepier unless they had actually gone all the way in that story.

As for Steve + Hannelore: no. No way. They are so incredibly different it would just be impossible, not to mention Steve having a girlfriend and Hann having been set up from her introduction to be the character that won't be having any surprise hookups.

canada

« Reply #32 on: 17 Mar 2008, 15:57 »

I will laugh disappointedly if Dora and Marten breakup because of this. It makes me wonder how many relationships the people who predict this have been in. Arguments like that are nothing. But whatever, I really don't care too much what happens as long is it still keeps me entertained.

stevelore

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #33 on: 17 Mar 2008, 16:11 »

As for Steve + Hannelore: no. No way. They are so incredibly different it would just be impossible, not to mention Steve having a girlfriend and Hann having been set up from her introduction to be the character that won't be having any surprise hookups.

In today's strip, Steve said he was having girl problems, which might mean that he and meena are splits.

Second: hvae you ever heard of the expression that opposites attract?

Steve and Hanners are very different from each other, but that's why they are perfect for each other.

stevelore

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #34 on: 17 Mar 2008, 16:11 »

...You're a strange one. Just wanted to let you know that.

Thanks!

stevelore

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #35 on: 17 Mar 2008, 16:14 »

And stevelore...yeah, we get your point, made in multiple threads.  In fact, we all got it just from your username.

Don't be that guy.

I think its too early for you to say that I'm going to be a single issue whatever thing.  I mean, sure, I'm really excited about the idea of a steve/hannelore pairing, and that's why I chose the username I did, and that's why I made the first bunch of posts that I did.

The only reason I've posted about it more than the one group that I started with is because right after I made all my initial posts is when Steve came back into the comic after a long hiatus, and he is going out for drinks with Marten and Hannelore, and so how could I not be excited?

Michael Nehora

« Reply #36 on: 17 Mar 2008, 17:37 »

Okay.  So you're not a Single-Issue Wonk.

However, the word that begins with "t" and rhymes with "roll" comes to mind.

Doug S. Machina

« Reply #37 on: 17 Mar 2008, 17:48 »

He's going to ask us to pay?
Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

Martelore

« Reply #38 on: 17 Mar 2008, 17:52 »

I agree, Stevelore's posts are taking a toll.

What he apparently hasn't noticed is that in today's strip, Marten says that he and Hannelore are going out. I don't think Steve would try to get between the two of them.

Doug S. Machina

« Reply #39 on: 17 Mar 2008, 18:26 »

I'm just impressed that "Martelore" has come into existence so quickly. You a good avatar pic to take on your foe. I suspect you are a straw man for another interest... :wink:
(If not, welcome. If so, nice move.)

But stevelore, I welcome you too! Follow your dream of Hannelore-Steve love! Just don't go too crazy with it. The Artist is already freaked out by the weirdness attached to his comic and tries to ignore it.

I wonder if this is going to be a trend. How long before we see "Meenalope" registered?
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2008, 18:41 by Doug S. Machina »

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
Hot Stinky Girl on Fish Girl Action!
« Reply #40 on: 17 Mar 2008, 18:47 »

I'm personally holding out for "Natellen" myself.

Barely! Legal! Co-eds!!!  :-o :-o :-o

Doug S. Machina

« Reply #41 on: 17 Mar 2008, 18:59 »

That's a change in direction for the comic...

stevelore

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #42 on: 17 Mar 2008, 19:08 »

Okay.  So you're not a Single-Issue Wonk.

However, the word that begins with "t" and rhymes with "roll" comes to mind.

if I were a troll, wouldn't I have to be, well, trolling?

I mean, hypothetically, if I weren't genuinely a steve+hannelore shipper, and I were just pretending, how would that even be trolling?  Maybe if I were like, Marten+Raven, that would work, since it would get people all riled about marten having to break up with Dora, and also not be dating Faye or whatever, but even then, it'd be a pretty lame troll.

It'd be weird to be pretending, I grant you, but it wouldn't really be trolling.

All of that, is of course, beside the point, as I am not pretending, and really am hoping for the Steve+Hanners hook-up.

I will, for the most part, try to keep the blatant ship-posting confined to say, this thread, where it is pretty uncontroversially on topic.

And I'll make sure to share my thoughts on non Steve+Hanners related matters as well.

stevelore

• Not quite a lurker
Re: Hot Stinky Girl on Fish Girl Action!
« Reply #43 on: 17 Mar 2008, 19:10 »

I'm personally holding out for "Natellen" myself.

Barely! Legal! Co-eds!!!  :-o :-o :-o

More like Na-Tai-len, am I right?

fallax

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #44 on: 17 Mar 2008, 19:13 »

Stop double posting, please. Put everything you need to say in one post, modify if you think of something else, and then don't post again until at least one more person has posted after you.

Martelore

« Reply #45 on: 17 Mar 2008, 19:18 »

Isn't double posting when you accidentally post the same thing twice? Or did Stevelore do that and then delete it?

fallax

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #46 on: 17 Mar 2008, 19:38 »

Just posting repeatedly in a row is considered bad forum etiquette. Especially since we have the nifty modify button at our disposals.

Doug S. Machina

« Reply #47 on: 17 Mar 2008, 19:40 »

Man, poor stevelore's getting a beatdown here. And all he wanted was to spread a beautiful vision of a woman who can't be hugged for anxiety issues and a man who shaves his junk when drunk.  :lol:

Night everybody ('king near 3am here.)

Edit: Oh, and cool picture Martelore. I'm impressed you made it so quickly.
(You see? Ninja modify skill.)
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2008, 19:42 by Doug S. Machina »

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
« Reply #48 on: 17 Mar 2008, 19:49 »

Man, poor stevelore's getting a beatdown here. And all he wanted was to spread a beautiful vision of a woman who can't be hugged for anxiety issues and a man who shaves his junk when drunk.  :lol:

And because of Pintsize playing cupid, Hannelore has already snuggled up against Steve's scrotum hair. So we're already more than halfway to Stevelore's dream of a blessèd union.  :angel:

Martelore

« Reply #49 on: 17 Mar 2008, 19:55 »

Edit: Oh, and cool picture Martelore. I'm impressed you made it so quickly.

Thanks! It was pretty straightforward — just took the cast page and the latest comic, and mashed a few bits together.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up