THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uh... Where did my XKCD go?  (Read 13077 times)

randomperson

Uh... Where did my XKCD go?
« on: 31 Mar 2008, 21:29 »

So yeh I read a webcomic called XKCD.  As im typing this im realising that its April 1st.  I just answered my own damn question.

Oh well.  http://www.xkcd.com  Guess he decided to prank us :D

conn

• Not quite a lurker
Re: Uh... Where did my XKCD go?
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2008, 21:45 »

Best prank ever.

spook

« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2008, 21:59 »

Heh, I first tried going to Questionable content. I got Dino comics. Then I try to get XKCD and I get Questionable Content. Amusing!

sir_lewk

« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2008, 22:15 »

And qwantz.com (Dinosaur Comics) is now XKCD.

I'm making a note here; HUGE SUCCESS!

WriterofAllWrongs

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2008, 22:18 »

The three most clever webcomic creators just April Fooled us. 

Is this awesome? Y/Y

bucky

« Reply #5 on: 31 Mar 2008, 22:21 »

ah.......... got me as well.  For some reason I decided to go to an old comic and press forward before checking out the other sites.

Good one guys  :-D

BSG

• Not quite a lurker
    • http://www.zentatsu.com
« Reply #6 on: 31 Mar 2008, 23:26 »

So epic it hurts.
You are the reason God invented shooting people in the face.
I am the reason you invented God.

ThemePark

« Reply #7 on: 31 Mar 2008, 23:31 »

I had to register just to say that this is the best April Fools Joke I've been submitted to. Well done, all three of you. Truly epic.

SeanBateman

« Reply #8 on: 31 Mar 2008, 23:52 »

I am just kind of disgusted that I had to see a webcomic as bad as XKCD today, and even more offended that now it might seem like I actually navigated to that stupid fucking strip on purpose.

Twip

« Reply #9 on: 31 Mar 2008, 23:53 »

I read xkcd every time it updates.  With this joke, it just reminded me why I don't read this comic.  :roll:  Why couldn't the xkcd site link us to the dinosaur comic instead?

Chrismas007

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
    • One World Syndicate Gaming Community
« Reply #10 on: 01 Apr 2008, 00:23 »

AHHH... I just got April Fooled... damn

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
« Reply #11 on: 01 Apr 2008, 04:03 »

:-D HEY YOU GUYS WHY THE HATE FOR  (insert name of webcomic you hate hear) I LOVE ALL OF THEM EQUALLY THIS IS THE BEST APRIL FOOL'S JOKE EVER
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

applebranch

« Reply #12 on: 01 Apr 2008, 04:39 »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure XKCD, QC, and DC are three of the most awesome comics evar. <3

The sad thing is I didn't even notice the change! I opened all three up at the same time and read them before I checked the URL.

Hilariousness!

=D

Jayhem

« Reply #13 on: 01 Apr 2008, 08:01 »

I've been shamelessly procrastinating the creation of an account on the QC-forums (and the xkcd-onces for that matter) for so long. I guess what I mean to say is that I'm at a loss of words for how brilliant this is, that three ingenious webcomics, of which two I actually frequent (and I don't frequent that many comics) do this... Dagnabbit, did I already say I was at a loss of words for this?

And here I was actually suspecting some malicious script for a couple of seconds, clicking my xkcd.com-link after having checked out questionablecontent.net and having found something I just passed off as a funny gesture by Jeph. (However, a spark in my mind did actually say something along the lines of "hey wtf, QC isn't the raptor-fearing one, xkcd is!")

I guess it just stands to prove agirlandherfed's Otter when she mentioned something about six degrees of webcomic separation (back when I started reading her strip after having seen her guest strip here).

And now I will stop this barrage of unnecessarily long rambling sentences and enjoy the notion of a world making just a little more sense after this. :)

omnilynx

« Reply #14 on: 01 Apr 2008, 08:29 »

OH GOD HOW DID I GET HERE I AM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTER

Jeff7

• Furry furrier
« Reply #15 on: 01 Apr 2008, 20:13 »

It could be worse. They could have RickRoll'd us all.

cTony

« Reply #16 on: 02 Apr 2008, 04:57 »

It never happened to me, why'd it not happen to me?

i go to http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1 and then press latest or update the number to the latest one of i know what it is hehe.. maybe thats why.

I am just kind of disgusted that I had to see a webcomic as bad as XKCD today, and even more offended that now it might seem like I actually navigated to that stupid fucking strip on purpose.
because everyone who reads it is pathetic and disgusting and worthy of the hate of you and the people who browse your browsing history and/or tap your connections to servers and judge your competence based on those connevtions?  W H I T ?
opinions people.

For me, there are many good xkcd's and many bad xkcd's, so i must read all to know.
QC is different in that there are more grey areas and that all will be read to completion.. Although i love it when xkcd continues and old chain like 'e ol raptor survival
« Last Edit: 02 Apr 2008, 04:59 by cTony »

rubberband

« Reply #17 on: 04 Apr 2008, 08:00 »

I logged on to get my thrice-weekly dose of the XKCD, and I found myself here on April 1.

... and then I found myself three days later having read every single comic on this site. Not the same as XKCD, but altogether a rather addictive and charming comic. Many kudos to the author. And to the maker of XKCD, who led me to this site.

JorickHorn

• Not quite a lurker
  • I invite you to consider this post.
« Reply #18 on: 04 Apr 2008, 09:01 »

I logged on to get my thrice-weekly dose of the XKCD, and I found myself here on April 1.

... and then I found myself three days later having read every single comic on this site. Not the same as XKCD, but altogether a rather addictive and charming comic. Many kudos to the author. And to the maker of XKCD, who led me to this site.

Hi, rubberband, I'm your doppelganger.
...What is up with Raven's breasts?
I just divided by zero! ^_^         ...           OH, SHI-
Pages: [1]   Go Up