THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 10:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Romero's Diary of the dead  (Read 3324 times)

Ishotdanieljohnston

• FIGHT YOU
Romero's Diary of the dead
« on: 11 Jan 2008, 23:03 »

George A. Romero is responsible for one of my favourite films, Night of the Living Dead. Unfortunately, he's never really lived up to this valiant effort, and his last Zombie flick was just pure rubbish.

This still has a chance though, event though it has a suspiciously similiar premise to Cloverfield. What are people's thoughts? Anyone seen it yet? What do you think of his other films?

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Re: Romero's Diary of the dead
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2008, 23:34 »

I know someone in this movie!

Holy shit!
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2008, 13:01 »

I wanted to make this movie three years ago.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2008, 12:32 »

This still has a chance though, event though it has a suspiciously similiar premise to Cloverfield.
It does? How?
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2008, 15:43 »

A disaster occurs and those involve capture it on video camera?

My mom compared Cloverfield's premise to the Blair Witch Project. I think there's an analogy in here somewhere.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

hawkedup

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2008, 13:35 »

I always find it amusing when people write of a movie because the camera work happens to be similar to that of another movie in the same genre. Oh no's! A comedy using steady cam... That's just like [insert Comedy title here] so therefore I'm not going to see it. A Sci-fi movie that has spaceships? Oh, that must mean that it's exactly the same as Star Trek. They are just trying to milk it.

The Night of the Living Dead trilogy was great. Hopefully this one will be, too. Maybe it won't be, but I'm not going to write it off because it has somewhat similar camera work to another movie.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #6 on: 25 Jan 2008, 14:07 »

i don't think it's being written off because of the camera work. that's a style that could be included in a good movie or a shitty one.

i believe this will probably be the latter. Romero has been fucking up lately. i've lost my confidence in him but i'm still hoping he can figure it out and make something awesome. i guess we'll find out.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #7 on: 25 Jan 2008, 15:10 »

No one's writing it off because of the style, people are writing it off because Land of the Dead was a big, steaming pile of shit with absolutely zero redeeming qualities.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #8 on: 25 Jan 2008, 16:36 »

I enjoyed it well enough, but then again I like movies like Cradle of fear and Critters. I'll probably see this because its a bad horror movie without intending to be, just like oh so many others.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

thepugs

« Reply #9 on: 09 Mar 2008, 21:20 »

So I went to see this in theaters today!  It was actually playing in a theater!

Firstly, I am a huge Romero fanboy.  I am willing to admit that LotD was shit, but I also admit to owning it.

Secondly, I think this was a good movie.  Not a good Romero movie, or even a good zombie movie.  A good movie.  It provided a neat perspective, and was not too campy.  Sure, there was a deaf Amish guy and an alcoholic professor who were a little ridiculous, but they either appeared very briefly or were played down enough.

I really loved it.  Maybe people will see it someday and disagree, but I thought it was good.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #10 on: 10 Mar 2008, 11:15 »

this is out already?

man...where have i been? dang.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

sadakogirl

« Reply #11 on: 19 Mar 2008, 12:46 »

I thought it was funny. Definitely started enjoying it more when I looked at it as comedic/purposefully schlocky than when I saw it as just straight up zombies.

My favorite line was "It was us versus them. Now it's us versus us. But them...is also us." How can you not love that?
Pages: [1]   Go Up