THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 20:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MyAnimeList.net  (Read 9819 times)

Andale

MyAnimeList.net
« on: 23 Oct 2007, 14:53 »

Don't know who here watches anime, but I love to spread it like the STD it is.

If your on or get on after this then post your profile link:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Andale

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
Re: MyAnimeList.net
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2007, 20:36 »

nice list, though there is a lot of Tenchi Muyo on there

May I recommend Air Gear

Parasol

• Not quite a lurker
  • AHHHH! MISSILES!
« Reply #2 on: 23 Oct 2007, 20:49 »

Go Kino's Journey!

Very much love to that!
BEEP BEP

Gridgm

• Beyoncé
« Reply #3 on: 23 Oct 2007, 22:31 »

http://myanimelist.net/profile/gridgm

ok i added you as a friend...currently working on tryihg to remember what i have watched
and my ears are wearing head phones
they do play my favorite songs
not music i'm told to like
but the songs that make me dance along

Calaveth

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2008, 03:22 »

I don't have an account at that site, but I do watch a ton of anime. If I find time I'll try to put together a list when I get back home after work.

Currently watching: Oh! Edo Rocket, Clannad, Ookiku Furikubutte, Bamboo Blade, Kamichu! and a bunch of others I can't think of at the moment.

Edit: Ok, it took a while, but now my list is more or less complete. A few shows are missing that I haven't got a record of watching (like stuff I rented off Netflix), and no manga.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/calaveth
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2008, 13:37 by Calaveth »

Fen

• Emoticontraindication
  • Pregrinating flâneur
    • Blog!
« Reply #5 on: 19 Feb 2008, 05:06 »

http://myanimelist.net/profile/fen here
though i haven't watched any anime in a while

mrjoegangles

• Emoticontraindication
  • My other internet is a convertible
« Reply #6 on: 19 Feb 2008, 17:20 »

Never was a big anime fan.  But I did always like R.O.D (The movie, not the series).  And FLCL.

Oh and cowboy bebop.  That show hooked me on the opening track.
-Insert witty and/or memorable quote here-

BootsyMarie

« Reply #7 on: 22 Feb 2008, 16:50 »

You can't not like Cowboy Bebop.

*Waits for 20 people to harass me about how they hate it*

=P

Peeping Mantis

• Not quite a lurker
  • Zoidy want to go outside!
« Reply #8 on: 22 Feb 2008, 17:51 »

I've only seen Cowboy Beebop: The Movie, is the series worth getting on DVD?

My favourites are Macross Plus, Teknoman and The Guyver.
Locke 3:16 says 'I just blew up your submarine!'

mrjoegangles

• Emoticontraindication
  • My other internet is a convertible
« Reply #9 on: 22 Feb 2008, 18:04 »

Cowboy Bebop is totally worth it.  Spiegel is the man.  And while I am not an Ed man, it seems like everyone else loves him/her/whatever.
-Insert witty and/or memorable quote here-

Calaveth

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #10 on: 24 Feb 2008, 08:57 »

*Waits for 20 people to harass me about how they hate it*

There are not 20 people in the world that hates Cowboy Bebop. Thorough studies show this.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #11 on: 27 Feb 2008, 10:12 »

Why would people crap on Cowboy Bebop?
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #12 on: 27 Feb 2008, 10:29 »

i haven't watched much anime in a pretty long time but i still introduce myself as 'Edward Wong Hau Piplu Tivrusky IV' to drunk people at parties who i'll never see again. i love the looks on people faces when i tell them that's my name.

another good one -to get even further off topic- is "Hi, the name's Shinmen Musashi no Kami Fujiwara no Genshin. What's your name?"
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #13 on: 28 Feb 2008, 19:24 »

I really love anime, but the only anime I ever see is that which is on Adult Swim (you know...Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, FMA, Paranoia Agent, etc.).

And yes, it is impossible to not love Cowboy Bebop
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #14 on: 28 Feb 2008, 19:41 »

I finally got around to watching Cowboy Bebop! I'm not done yet, I'm only on episode 20 or 21, but it is pretty darn awesome. I'm sad I didn't watch it sooner.

MusicScribbles

• John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #15 on: 28 Feb 2008, 21:52 »

I like how this thread just turned into a thread for praising Cowboy Bebop. I'm with you all in the "Cowboy Bebop is amazing" opinion-field.
I'm not going to make an account on this site because I truly do not have the time. So...

Anime I Like: Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, FLCL, Samurai Champloo, Escaflowne, Outlaw Star, Paranoia Agent, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Ghost In The Shell.

I Will Always Hold A Small Place In My Heart For: Dragon Ball Z, Speed Racer, Yu Yu Hakusho, Excel Saga, and Mobile Suit Gundam.

The Akira manga is pretty great, so if you're one of those people who adore the movie, check out the source material.
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #16 on: 28 Feb 2008, 21:54 »

Ironically, Cowboy Bebop is the only anime I've seriously watched. It's a great, great series.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Alphalpha

« Reply #17 on: 29 Feb 2008, 06:00 »

For some reason unknown to myself, if I have a choice between blood and guts manly animé or animé so girly it'll turn you pink, i'll always go for the girly stuff.
Examples! Cardcaptor Sakura, Sailor Moon, Fruits Basket. They're all great, especially Sailor Moon just because it looks so generic nowadays, but that's because it STARTED EVERYTHING!
I do like a bit of the old Full Metal Alchemist and Bleach though. I've only seen a few episodes of Cowboy Bebop, but what I saw was good, I'll have to look into it more.

Anyone here watch Genshiken? I love it, there aren't many programmes like that. An animé about an animé society. So obvious and yet no one thought of it.

I also want to watch the GTO animé once I'm done with the live-action programme.

SonofZ3

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #18 on: 01 Mar 2008, 17:13 »

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is equal to Cowboy Bebop in my mind
I've gained nothing from Zen.

Ikrik

« Reply #19 on: 21 Mar 2008, 23:45 »

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Phill-z

Cowboy Bebop is...classic, which means you can't deny it even if you hate it.

StarmanJr

« Reply #20 on: 22 Mar 2008, 15:31 »

ZOMG<3ANIMEZSRSLYGHEY

yes, cowboy bebop kicks ass.

yes, samurai champloo is better.

*dodges stones*

LeeZion

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #21 on: 22 Mar 2008, 20:04 »

As a long-time anime lover (got hooked thanks to Akira when it first came out) mine is a long list. A few examples of what's in my collection:

Azumanga Daioh
Big O
The Cat Returns
Crest of the Stars
Giant Robo
Gunbuster
Haibane Renmei
Inu Yasha
Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Last Exile
Maison Ikkoku
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Neotokyo
Paranoia Agent
Perfect Blue
Porco Rosso
RahXephon
Serial Experiments Lain
Shamanic Princess
Vision of Escaflowne
Witch Hunter Robin
Wolf's Rain
"If now I have found grace in thy sight, put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh, and deal kindly and truly with me." (Genesis 47:29 KJV)

Ikrik

« Reply #22 on: 22 Mar 2008, 20:24 »

ZOMG<3ANIMEZSRSLYGHEY

*dodges stones*

you're not dodging stones here, you're dodging bullets.  Champloo had better animation and it didn't turn REALLY REALLY weird in the last 4-6 episodes but that's ALL it has on Bebop.  The originality of Bebop is amazing, the characters and their interactions with each other are so much better than in Champloo.  In Champloo I was getting kind of bored with the characters in the second half.  Oh.....and Bebop has Ed....which is just handsdown win.

StarmanJr

« Reply #23 on: 23 Mar 2008, 00:15 »

ZOMG<3ANIMEZSRSLYGHEY

*dodges stones*

you're not dodging stones here, you're dodging bullets.  Champloo had better animation and it didn't turn REALLY REALLY weird in the last 4-6 episodes but that's ALL it has on Bebop.  The originality of Bebop is amazing, the characters and their interactions with each other are so much better than in Champloo.  In Champloo I was getting kind of bored with the characters in the second half.  Oh.....and Bebop has Ed....which is just handsdown win.

okay,buta my biggest weight that shifts the balance to champloo is that MOST of the episodes have them moving forward in plot for the anime, as opposed to the four or five of Bebop. true, spike, ed, jet and ein are all very orignal characters (faye's come a dozen a dozen) that are irrevocably cool in their mysteriousness and slowly developing backstorys. but champloo does that too, except in a more direct manner. from the beginning you get the idea that jin is running from something, mugen must have human blood for lubrication or else he can't masturbate his degenerate boner (a purely destructive character with no loss of brazen primal decision making), or who knows what, he just loves to fucking kill. fuu is the backbone of the story with the real journey revolving around her ever reverse close up shot seen sunflower panzypantz, which seems to be a reacurring theme with women in watanabe's works...always looking for an important part of her past. basically what i am trying to say is that for story alone, champloo moves far more forward per episode than bebop, which could be interpreted as good or bad; good in my opinion.

also the traditional settings and amazing soundtrack surpass bebop's futuristic planets and funky jazz/blues ost. i mean, come on! remember the beatboxing? it could have been rahzel for all i knew! the two main characters are locked in a constant mind duel and the undertone of violence keeps you begging for the innevitable. i fucking love the episode gamblers and gallantry. it epitomizes everything i love about watanabe's work.

BEBOP IS TEH INFERORIORZ*

*in my opinion, but don't tell my roomate

Ikrik

« Reply #24 on: 23 Mar 2008, 00:47 »

Alright. I didn't feel that they moved forward all too much in the plot every episode, but maybe I just need to watch it again.  I didn't enjoy Mugen or Jin.  I felt that they were both underdeveloped for the majority of the show.  The only episode that I really, really, really enjoyed was the one with the prostitute, that was, for me, the best part of Champloo and I have to say that it was better than any single episode of Bebop. 

StarmanJr

« Reply #25 on: 24 Mar 2008, 12:29 »

.  The only episode that I really, really, really enjoyed was the one with the prostitute, that was, for me, the best part of Champloo and I have to say that it was better than any single episode of Bebop. 

that's gamblers and gallantry, my favorite episode too! it fucking r0xx0rs teh b0xx0rs of any anime episode i have ever seen. you have good taste.
Pages: [1]   Go Up