THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Television shows we hate  (Read 79594 times)

Apple Pie

• Plantmonster
  • Chicks flashing PCI slots doesn't do much for me.
Re: Television shows we hate
« Reply #50 on: 29 Mar 2008, 15:42 »

Idol.

American Idol, Australian Idol, Idiot Idol, I don't care, just die already. One season of that show was too much. Seven seasons is like being slowly chopped to death in an electric blender.

I mean...it would be alright if I could just ignore the show. But when it's on, there's like 5 ads for it every commercial break. And then the winner gets faaaaaar to much air time on radio. Just...ergh. Ergh. Ergh.
"Did your Man Jesus ever have a wife?"
"No, but his girlfriend was a whore."
"Well...that's a start."

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #51 on: 30 Mar 2008, 00:20 »

I have an extreme love/hate relationship with Torchwood. 

When it's good, it's fantastic.  When it's bad, it's god awful.

In my opinion when it's good, it's mediocre. When it's bad, it's god awful. and as far as I've seen Column B is far more common than Column A, especially when it's compared (as it inevitably is) to Dr Who.

Other shows that shit me: Little Britain and other sketch comedy that relies on running gags. By themselves they are boring, but when you add the people who walk around quoting them... *twitch*
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #52 on: 30 Mar 2008, 03:09 »

Idol.

American Idol, Australian Idol, Idiot Idol, I don't care, just die already. One season of that show was too much. Seven seasons is like being slowly chopped to death in an electric blender.

I mean...it would be alright if I could just ignore the show. But when it's on, there's like 5 ads for it every commercial break. And then the winner gets faaaaaar to much air time on radio. Just...ergh. Ergh. Ergh.

Idols get airtime?  I don't think I've heard a Canadian Idol on the TV or on the radio in.............ever.  As for American Idol I hear that some of the them are doing pretty well...but Kelly Clarkson is the only one who has seemed to...semi-survive?  She looks really creepy now.....all pale and chunky, and it really doesn't suit her like it might suit others (Amy Lee).  But adding to that idol list.  So You Think You Can Dance should be shot in the knees as well as Randy Jackson Presents: America's Next Best Dance Crew.  Did America HAVE a best dance crew?  Why is Randy Jackson such a dick that we need to know that HE presents this garbage.  America's Next Top Model is pretty horrible too.  "you can win an 100 000 dollar modelling contract with our AMAZING SPONSOR!"  That amazing sponsor is making twenty times that amount of money from sponsoring the damn show and a top model makes more than 100 000 dollars a year.

Thaes

• Furry furrier
« Reply #53 on: 30 Mar 2008, 06:49 »

I think it goes without saying that I dislike "reality"-TV, especially since some newspapers tend to focus on those shows rather than focusing on things that matter. Other shows I hate are today´s crime series (instead of focusing on mysteries or fascinating crimes or such, they tend to focus on using "cool" tricks in order to try to keep the audience interested),  those teen drama series and and modern sitcoms (I actually liked such older sitcoms as Friends and Happy Days, but today´s sitcoms just seem to focus on sexual jokes which just might amuse some teenagers, but that´s it).

Aminal

« Reply #54 on: 30 Mar 2008, 11:23 »

Other shows that shit me: Little Britain and other sketch comedy that relies on running gags. By themselves they are boring, but when you add the people who walk around quoting them... *twitch*

My avatar...have you met it?  :-D  Admittedly there's no one here who walks around quoting it.

Shows I hate: Ghost-hunting shows.  WTF?
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2008, 11:27 by Aminal »

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #55 on: 30 Mar 2008, 11:33 »

In my opinion when it's good, it's mediocre. When it's bad, it's god awful. and as far as I've seen Column B is far more common than Column A, especially when it's compared (as it inevitably is) to Dr Who.

I really hated what I saw of the first series of Torchwood (which wasn't much, I don't think I ever made it through a whole episode) but I've found myself enjoying the new one quite a bit. I find it hard to pin down what's changed but there's something different, maybe the acting and dialogue just improved. I agree that it isn't anywhere near the same class as Doctor Who though.

If you replace the twitch with a violent fit then you have my opinion of Little Britain there, although I luckily don't know anyone that quotes it so that doesn't bother me.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

camelpimp

« Reply #56 on: 30 Mar 2008, 17:20 »

I can't stand to watch the news and see how the news media has become nothing more than an entertainment wheel. But I suppose that would be a rant for somewhere else.

On a related note: I want to stab Nancy Grace to death with rusty spoons.

Ikrik

« Reply #57 on: 30 Mar 2008, 22:56 »

On a related note: I want to stab Nancy Grace to death with rusty spoons.

YES.  I've flipped past her show a couple times.  The woman is racist, ignorant, and INCREDIBLY stupid.  The headlines she has make my head hurt and the way she talks about the "issues" is like....eugh.

Does anyone like Lou Dobbs?  All I hear about is how Mexicans are destroying the purity of the US.

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #58 on: 30 Mar 2008, 23:19 »

Californication, Heroes, Dexter, Rome, The Sopranos, South Park, Weeds.

Wait, everything but those. Seriously I fucking hate television. Also, South Park's last few seasons I thought have been the best so far. Thinly veiled (well, not veiled) satire is awesome, and while some episodes are a bit weak, others are so awesome that it hurts. The Heavy metal episode was awesome, whereas I thought the Britney Spears episode was totally lame.

Oh, I hate any television programs involving Britney Spears or anyone talking about her.
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2008, 23:25 by beat mouse »
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

NarwhalSunshine

« Reply #59 on: 30 Mar 2008, 23:43 »

Everything on Nickelodeon that isn't Avatar
New Amsterdam, but I can't stop watching it
Most of Cartoon Network
All of MTV
Most of Fuse, I love Pants Off Dance Off
All of VH1

Narr

« Reply #60 on: 30 Mar 2008, 23:50 »

Californication, Heroes, Dexter, Rome, The Sopranos, South Park, Weeds.

Wait, everything but those. Seriously I fucking hate television. Also, South Park's last few seasons I thought have been the best so far. Thinly veiled (well, not veiled) satire is awesome, and while some episodes are a bit weak, others are so awesome that it hurts. The Heavy metal episode was awesome, whereas I thought the Britney Spears episode was totally lame.

Oh, I hate any television programs involving Britney Spears or anyone talking about her.
I agree about the South Park comment.

I still think one of the greatest TV moments in history is the Scientology episode.  "THIS IS WHAT THEY ACTUALLY BELIEVE."

Glorious.

improbability driver

« Reply #61 on: 03 Apr 2008, 18:03 »

I've gone as far as to block ABC Family on my TV so I don't accidentally come across Full House while flipping channels.

DonInKansas

• FIGHT YOU
  • Grammar Nazi
« Reply #62 on: 06 Apr 2008, 23:28 »

QF MF'n T.

My wife for some reason was watching some HOUR-LONG special about her today.  I threw up a little in my mouth and considered divorce.
I mean, it would still suck, but at least it would suck creatively.

trebach

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #63 on: 16 Apr 2008, 22:49 »

I hate soaps like Eastenders. It is just to make people feel better about their lives. If they want to do that they should get up off their asses and do something with it instead of vegging out infront of the TV.

I agree about CSI going downhill. I watch NCIS now, it is cheesy but not as annoying to watch as CSI.
Have to disagree with the anti-Horracio Cane part, his one liners are the best part of the show.....and those sun glasses!

Generally TV is a waste of time though. Unless you are ill and unable to do other things.

I watch the EastEnders when I can't go to sleep because it comes on at 11 PM here.When I get bored of hearing about how person X did something to person Y and X is going to get revenge by utilizing person/people Z, I go to bed. I do like NCIS because the people actually have a life outside of the office.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook
« Reply #64 on: 16 Apr 2008, 22:54 »

QF MF'n T.

My wife for some reason was watching some HOUR-LONG special about her today.  I threw up a little in my mouth and considered divorce.

She was in How I Met Your Mother. That is a funny show and that episode was pretty dang funny.

Otherwise, yeah. I wouldn't disagree.

Apple Pie

• Plantmonster
  • Chicks flashing PCI slots doesn't do much for me.
« Reply #65 on: 16 Apr 2008, 22:58 »

So You Think You Can Dance should be shot in the knees as well as Randy Jackson Presents: America's Next Best Dance Crew. 

I actually quite like So You Think You Can Dance.
That said: Mary Murphy should be shot in the knees.
No.
Mouth.
Just to stop her screaming.
And consequently, save the world. Or, more specifically, my ear drums.
"Did your Man Jesus ever have a wife?"
"No, but his girlfriend was a whore."
"Well...that's a start."

LizziL

• Larger than most fish
  • 'This thing came out of our cat...'
« Reply #66 on: 17 Apr 2008, 10:58 »

I used to adore House, but it's just become *so* unbelieveable that I can't bring myself to watch it. Also, the 'ooh, he's a dick, he knows what's wrong, oh, no he doesn't, in the last fifteen minutes he'll figure it out though!' I shall always love Hugh Laurie though, and his ability to change accents is incredible. I wish I had even a fifth of his skill.
I haven't been able to watch CSI, which makes me sad. But, it's probably for the best, some of Grissom's one liners were making me *so* angry, and the Sarah-Grissom relationship was just...unnecessary. I'm kind of really glad she's gone now.
That 70's Show after Eric and Kelso left. I stopped watching, and can't even bring myself to watch it in re-runs. That show *was* Topher Grace, and once he left, I just...couldn't bring myself to watch it.
There's also a show that I hate only because of the commercials. 'My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad'. What I've gathered from the promos, fathers subject themselves to absolutely disgusting tasks, ala Fear Factor. If they win, and they are in fact better, some snot nosed child gains the knowledge that his father is, in a word, 'gross'. Honestly, if I were a pre-teen and my father agreed to go on national television to stuck his head into a tank of maggots I would probably get legally emancipated before I'd admit he was better than the other individuals on that show. God, I hate reality television.

laizeohbeets

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #67 on: 18 Apr 2008, 09:27 »

Shows I don't dig:
Aqua Teen Hunger Force (gaaaaah!)
Lost (I watched it for 2 1/2 seasons and then gave up. Plus, I can't stand Jack and Kate.)
Any CSI
Supernatural
Any sort of anime

I have a love/hate relationship with Little Britain. Sometimes it can amuse me, other times, I want to hit the TV and say, ''That's not funny."

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #68 on: 18 Apr 2008, 12:51 »

"Moment is Truth" rests alone at the the apex of human shame.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

MrSteevo

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Bros before hoes dawg
« Reply #69 on: 18 Apr 2008, 15:35 »

^ Agree, destorying your family life and marriage infront of millions of people is quite stupid. and watching it, and enjoying it is even worse.

I hate all these shows out like CSI that really dont have a great back bone storyline yet people keep watching them!
It's like ER! But more blood.
You would not be able to kill me. I would win.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #70 on: 18 Apr 2008, 16:14 »

Uhh, it's "Moment of Truth".

pig nash

• Plantmonster
« Reply #71 on: 19 Apr 2008, 23:07 »

I like Weeds, who didn't like Weeds again?

ImRonBurgundy?

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "That's all," he added.
« Reply #72 on: 20 Apr 2008, 00:59 »

Family Guy -  Ask me 4 years ago what the best cartoon on tv was, Family guy.

Goofs: Anachronisms: The first season of The Venture Bros. was on the air in 2004.

You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?

Lucretius

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • Can't Be A Tailgater
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #73 on: 20 Apr 2008, 16:27 »

I'd say it's easier just to list the good shows since there are likely only 3, but I honestly can't think of anything currently being aired that I would ever watch for a bet lower than 150 dollars.

It's. A. Fucking. Wasteland.
I can learn to digest petrol if the need arises.

laizeohbeets

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #74 on: 21 Apr 2008, 08:28 »

If tv was a wasteland... to be honest, a tv show just of TS Eliot wouldn't be tooooo bad...

As long as it wasn't Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats, because if I have to hear Cats one more time...

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #75 on: 21 Apr 2008, 09:06 »

Rum tum tugger is a curious cat.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

laizeohbeets

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #76 on: 21 Apr 2008, 10:02 »

Rum Tum Tugger was one of the only songs I can still stomach, and I blame that on nostalgia from when I was 8.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #77 on: 22 Apr 2008, 14:03 »

god, i thought i was the only one to not find aqua teen hunger force funny in the slightest.

why hasn't anyone mentioned my super sweet 16?
i want to punch every single one of those girls.

the oc and any oc spinoff are awful as well.
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

laizeohbeets

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #78 on: 22 Apr 2008, 17:02 »

My Super Sweet 16 is awful in that trainwreck kind of way. Like, I don't want to get sucked into watching it, and I want to smack those girls in the show, but I can't look away.

What's terrible are the ones where they just recently fell into a family full of money, so not only are they spoiled and going to spend all their parents' moneys, they're talking about how they are so much better a person now that they're totally spoiled brats. Ugh.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #79 on: 22 Apr 2008, 17:30 »

but it's not even enjoyable in a trainwreck sort of way.
just rage-enducing. ESPECIALLY the ones who recently became rich and feel that they must make all their less privileged friends jealous by throwing this totally rad party.

Quiet_Soul

« Reply #80 on: 27 Apr 2008, 09:26 »

I've always hated South Park. Period.

It's just a bunch of bilge.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #81 on: 27 Apr 2008, 10:52 »

I'd say it's easier just to list the good shows since there are likely only 3, but I honestly can't think of anything currently being aired that I would ever watch for a bet lower than 150 dollars.

It's. A. Fucking. Wasteland.

Listing shows we actually like? Surely that should be a separate thread (don't make one)? The only shows I watch on telly are Gladiators, simply because the host is pretty cute and the Gladiators are just strange, occasionally South Park (but it hasn't been good since I was about 12) and reruns of Boston Legal. I used to watch Burn Notice when it was on because that show was made of win. And when season 2 of Heroes is out on dvd I will get that but I've never seen more than 15 seconds of it on tv. Basically I never watch television if I can help it, unless Richard Attenborough is narrating a documentary about lizards or something.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #82 on: 27 Apr 2008, 11:24 »

I decided that when I'm rich I am going to go through a process I call The Screamening with every girl who was ever on that show.

First, I will go to their homes and when they open the door I will just start screaming at them. I will scream at them until I lose my voice completely. If they move to another room in the house I will follow them and continue screaming.

Then I will stop and just stare at them. I will stare and they will know that their life is forfeit, that they have contributed nothing but carbon dioxide and shame to humankind.

Then a lawyer will enter the house and inform them that I own it and everything in it. They will be allowed to take their car. I will have pissed in the gas tank and all over the inside of it. Also a CD of me screaming will be inserted into the stereo. The controls will be disabled so that there is no way to stop or turn down the screaming.

The process will repeat until all of them are homeless or dead.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #83 on: 27 Apr 2008, 18:17 »

I really used to like most of the shows that were on Adult Swim

But then Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job came.
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #84 on: 01 May 2008, 15:13 »

I decided that when I'm rich I am going to go through a process I call The Screamening with every girl who was ever on that show.
The process will repeat until all of them are homeless or dead.

hahah.
what about the ones that start to regret the experience once they're older and less shallow?
i am not sure if girls like that ever learn anything though, maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #85 on: 03 May 2008, 22:47 »

Gladiators

I watched one episode of the new season of that. I think it's exactly the same as it was back when I was 10. They've even got Mike Whitney back to do the referee thing. I don't think I need to see any more of it.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

minorbird

• Plantmonster
  • The horror.
« Reply #86 on: 04 May 2008, 05:09 »

Australian Big Brother, specifically this season. Its so gimmicky, its gone beyond the normal levels of nauseousness that you expect from such a show. A horribly racist 51 year-old grandma, a belly-dancing, porno-participating midget, everyone sleeps in the same bed (except for a poor Asian guy, who as you expect got shunted to a Kombi van out the back by the Pauline Hanson loving granmother), and a whole list of other crappy things.
WHAT HAPPENED TO GOOD TV IN AUSTRALIA.

orangepeas

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #87 on: 04 May 2008, 19:54 »

I think I watch Seinfeld way to much...

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #88 on: 05 May 2008, 00:51 »

Hey, minorbird, it's really hard to make money out of an australian tv show that doesn't have a call line.

minorbird

• Plantmonster
  • The horror.
« Reply #89 on: 06 May 2008, 01:39 »

Yeah true. I should be used to this by now. I mean Kate Richie won a Gold Logie for acting in a soap opera. I'll be honest here and admit I had never even heard of her before her last year's Logie win. A soap opera. Do any of the Aussies here enjoy Underbelly? I'm trying, I am really am.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #90 on: 06 May 2008, 03:55 »

Kate Richie, acting :?

I'm actually not allowed to watch Underbelly but It is quite honestly the only thing that channel 9 has going for it in terms of tv other than crap involving Gordon Ramsey or Sports. TV sadly is the future, we can see a shift in America from movies to serial tv-shows and mini-series - I'd like to see anyone try to disagree with Richard Gere on this. Australia needs to do this is well. I'm sure that there are a lot of budding young Australian writers out there with script to sell and with all the money that Fremantle Media pick up off shows like Big Brother and Idol they can afford to finance the production of Australian mini-series, series and tele-movies. Of late, the ABC has been doing this although any series other that Summer Heights High and The Chaser's have failed to recieve any major public acclaim.

Do you remeber Tripping Over, it was a fantastic miniseries that was filmed in conjunction with the BBC and aired on TEN a few years back?

minorbird

• Plantmonster
  • The horror.
« Reply #91 on: 06 May 2008, 04:14 »

No I didn't see Tripping Over, but my mum has said some good things about it though.
I think comedy, specifically satire, is what is finding the most success out of all the original Australian content - the Chaser, Chris Lilley's shows, Good News Week etc.
The problem is that often the stations won't risk airing it at prime time against the tried and proven sports coverage or reality tv shows or fucking soap operas. Ugh. Imagine trying to get them to show an Aussie min-series in favour of American shows such as Heroes, Prison Break, or Lost? Anyways, I can't see it happening on free-to-air networks. Unfortunately. I really enjoyed the mini-series Jessica, an adaptation of a Bryce Courtenay novel. Of course, it was shown at like 9:30 on a shitty night.

Anything shown on Mtv is usually crap. Unless its a video clip. Which is never. So, I guess its all crap.

Fishboy

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #92 on: 06 May 2008, 05:41 »

Yeah i agree minor bird, although i could never get into GNW after it left the ABC. Sideshow was amazingly awesome before it was canned, as was glasshouse, now theres nothing good on. Excluding antiques roadshow and scrapheap challenge on ABC2, i love those shows.

minorbird

• Plantmonster
  • The horror.
« Reply #93 on: 06 May 2008, 14:48 »

Antiques Roadshow. Lol.

Ikrik

« Reply #94 on: 06 May 2008, 21:32 »

Antiques Roadshow?  That show is SO interesting.....when there's absolutely nothing else on.  My main problem with that show is that they TALK to the owners who generally end up just saying stupid, uninteresting things.  I don't care about how you obtained it....I just want to know how much the thing is worth.

Fishboy

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #95 on: 07 May 2008, 02:06 »

Antiques is beyond enthralling, i have whiled many, many hours fixing an unblinking gaze upon the display of various miscellanea presented by people who go beyond interesting, and the presenters who judge these items that no doubt hold immense value to mankind, are truly gods among men.

MusicScribbles

• John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #96 on: 07 May 2008, 21:49 »

To be biased, blunt, and brief, I dislike a majority of television shows.
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

JediBendu

• Furry furrier
« Reply #97 on: 08 May 2008, 06:21 »

I've found that now that I watch less TV in general, I tend to get less fired up about terrible TV shows. So there's not much on TV that I can say I hate, but I do not watch most of it.

The only TV I watch are educational channels or the news, and specific shows like Lost, Dog Whisperer (such a cool show), Curb Your Enthusiasm and Flight of the Conchords, as well as Justice League whenever I see it on.

I guess I could say that I dislike TV other than that.

knives

• Furry furrier
« Reply #98 on: 08 May 2008, 11:50 »

This thread makes me glad I don't have cable.

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #99 on: 08 May 2008, 13:47 »

There is too much bad TV for me to name.  Althugh, I ave had this love/hate relationship with a show for the past 4 years.
Battlestar Galactica.  Seriously, the inner-character conflicts are awesome, but the general writing sucks.  Continuity, basic military knowledge, and now, the timeline, Something got screwed up.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up