THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 08:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Television shows we hate  (Read 79586 times)

Mr. Mojo

Re: Television shows we hate
« Reply #100 on: 08 May 2008, 18:34 »

Worst Show ever: Full House. FUCK YOU BOB SAGGET.

Red Peril

« Reply #101 on: 09 May 2008, 05:15 »

A combination of a lousy signal strength, shit scheduling and living with a total fuckwit I couldn't stand to be in the same room as means I just don't watch TV anymore, and I haven't for about a year. I just use my TV to watch DVD's and Match of the Day, and to be honest I haven't really missed it at all. The only TV show I watched recently was Battlestar Galactica, on DVD, at my sister's house. Having said that I do like watching stuff like Dispatches and Channel 4 news, but the rest of the TV is shit, maybe its a bit different in the US, but here in Britain the TV looks like its been made by a 5 year old. And not a clever 5 year old either.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #102 on: 09 May 2008, 14:55 »

Doesn't "an  unintelligent 5 year old" sum up the intellectual maturity and ability of the majority of the UK's population that is under 25?

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #103 on: 14 May 2008, 16:42 »

I don't watch TV usually, but some of the girls I live with were so I sat down with them. All I have to say is.

"A shot at love (II)" with Tila tequila
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Mr. Mojo

« Reply #104 on: 14 May 2008, 17:19 »

I don't watch TV usually, but some of the girls I live with were so I sat down with them. All I have to say is.

"A shot at love (II)" with Tila tequila

I take it back

You're right....

If i had kids, I'd rather let them smoke than watch MTV

itsrabid

« Reply #105 on: 26 May 2008, 17:03 »

Any and all reality shows, and anything from TLC.
Also, CSI and Cops!

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #106 on: 26 May 2008, 17:07 »

I can honestly say that MTV is everything wrong with this world.  A Shot at Love is possibly the single worst show on the face of the planet. I don't understand how people can watch a show so stupid. It also happens to be one of the shows my sister watches (she watches Ugly Betty and House so it sorta evens out)
She likes defending Tila by saying "all these christian activists are slamming the show because she's bisexual."  and I'm like "oh...they're not really concerned that she's a slut and that the entire show itself is garbage?"

WriterofAllWrongs

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #107 on: 26 May 2008, 17:38 »

I don't really even think MTV should count.  It's terrible, and everyone knows it's terrible.  It's like saying you didn't really dig the Holocaust that much.

Ikrik

« Reply #108 on: 26 May 2008, 21:30 »

yeah but in Germany if you deny the Holocaust they arrest you......pretty sure no one cares if you deny MTV's existance.

Mr. Mojo

« Reply #109 on: 27 May 2008, 08:37 »

I can honestly say that MTV is everything wrong with this world.  A Shot at Love is possibly the single worst show on the face of the planet. I don't understand how people can watch a show so stupid. It also happens to be one of the shows my sister watches (she watches Ugly Betty and House so it sorta evens out)
She likes defending Tila by saying "all these christian activists are slamming the show because she's bisexual."  and I'm like "oh...they're not really concerned that she's a slut and that the entire show itself is garbage?"

Dude wanna know why people watch that show a Shot at Love?
Lesbian Freakfests man.

67thavenue

« Reply #110 on: 28 May 2008, 14:48 »

Heroes. All build-up, no payoff. If I wanted to follow people with Superpowers who use them less than they deal with life issues, I'd read X-Men comics.

i love heroes...  even if it was just to see the tim sale art.

excellent writing... nice sfx.

any show that revolves around a single guy/girl who suddenly has to grow up because they get kids dumped on them by a dead relative.  worst. show. ever.

cgarci21

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Shagtastic
« Reply #111 on: 07 Jul 2008, 14:24 »

The Hills. I mean I hate all reality t.v. but now scripted reality t.v.?? It god awful. On another note I agree about Torchwood, I can't help comparing it to Doctor Who so it is almost never satisfying to watch.

Also Hell's Kitchen, that guy is such a bastard!

More importently any shows like America's next top model or sheer genius (or whatever the fuck) and the likes. I mean sometimes the outcomes are cool but the whining!! Those people signed up for this garbage for christs sake, they should be shot on site for complaining about it.
You know how animals can sense a tsunami coming before humans notice? I'm like that, only for sexy things. -Dora Bianchi

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #112 on: 07 Jul 2008, 20:02 »

Sex and the City.
Every time I hear the word "fabulous" I cringe and want to punch something.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

Ikrik

« Reply #113 on: 08 Jul 2008, 21:26 »

Dude, I totally cannot watch Hell's Kitchen, it's just annoying, Restaraunt Nightmares or whatever it's called however, is an ABSOLUTELY incredible show.  Honestly I can't watch Seinfeld at all....I've honestly tried countless times but I still find it boring.  Do you guys remember how awesome the first season of Survivor was?  I do.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #114 on: 08 Jul 2008, 21:34 »

Lesbian Freakfests man.

Damn shame Tila Tequila is seven shades of ugly.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Ikrik

« Reply #115 on: 08 Jul 2008, 21:52 »

Lesbian Freakfests man.

Thank You.  You are possibly the first person I know who thinks that she's ugly, everyone I know thinks that she's really cute.

Thy Dungeonman

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #116 on: 08 Jul 2008, 21:57 »

Really? I always thought that the belief that she's ugly was a common one.
« Last Edit: 08 Jul 2008, 22:00 by Thy Dungeonman »

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #117 on: 08 Jul 2008, 22:26 »

I keep expecting her cheekbones to tell Arnold how to save Mars.

blaineT

« Reply #118 on: 10 Jul 2008, 13:52 »

I've come to hate and despise Law and Order, because on the rare occasions I'm actually in front of a TV, it always seems to be on. Also I concur w/ the Tila Tequila hatred, actually every time I mistakenly am subjected to MTV I end up running for some eye bleach and some industrial grade aural cleaner.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #119 on: 10 Jul 2008, 23:46 »

Torchwood only managed to stay afloat in Australia for 5 episodes.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #120 on: 11 Jul 2008, 00:19 »

2. I like Sex and the City-- but it may be my girl-ness, I'm not into it for the good writing or anything *HAHA*.

I've found that a lot of otherwise intelligent women enjoy the show, so I won't take offense (OOOH, random internet stranger decides not to begrudge you, YOUR LIFE IS CHANGED FOREVER)
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #121 on: 11 Jul 2008, 00:53 »

...which is why I would not survive in Australia.

Mind you Network TEN did the same thing with Veronica Mars, put it on at an unreasonably late hour, that is subsequent to change without notice and dicided that they'd give it a break for a week or two then put it back on. It was usually moved for motor racing and such. Basically, it seems that TEN's would rather air people going around in circles on gas guzzling monstrosities.

StreetSpirit

• Obscure cultural reference
  • "Type "cookie", you idiot."
    • Last.FM
« Reply #122 on: 11 Jul 2008, 10:31 »

You all have good taste in what to hate because Tila Tequila, Hell's Kitchen, generally any reality TV (I haven't watched much so I don't want to totally generalize (well, I do, but I don't because it'd be slightly bogus)), Sex in the City, and many of the Sci Fi network shows that are not made by BBC and other then Battlestar Gallactica (Doctor Who and BSG rock, can't deny it).
"Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!"
-The 10th Doctor (doctor who)

StreetSpirit

• Obscure cultural reference
  • "Type "cookie", you idiot."
    • Last.FM
« Reply #123 on: 11 Jul 2008, 10:41 »

Roxie, you rock my socks off! You are a pleasant person and just all around swell from what I can tell!
"Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!"
-The 10th Doctor (doctor who)

Mr. Mojo

« Reply #124 on: 11 Jul 2008, 11:29 »

Torchwood only managed to stay afloat in Australia for 5 episodes.

What's an "australia"?

Thlayli

« Reply #125 on: 11 Jul 2008, 20:04 »

Yay! and to keep on topic--- and don't kill me for saying this--- I don't care for the office either. Steve Carell is not my favorite person.

Wow, I'm not the only one then.  I've hated everything he's done since he left The Daily Show.  I tried watching an episode of The Office once based on a friend's recommendation, but couldn't even finish it.  It was just depressing office banter and awkward silences.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #126 on: 11 Jul 2008, 20:08 »

Ah, I love the office so much  :-o

maybe try the British office? Lotsa pompous TV crititcs say it's better. I've only seen four or five episodes, but I like ours better.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #127 on: 11 Jul 2008, 21:36 »

But isn't awkward the new funny?

Thlayli

« Reply #128 on: 12 Jul 2008, 09:02 »

Good comedy always contains an element of awkwardness, but awkwardness in and of itself is not funny. It's just pathetic. For supporting documentation, I submit to you all the celebrity reality shows on E! network.

Mr. Mojo

« Reply #129 on: 12 Jul 2008, 16:44 »

I think its that place that Peter Pan took the children where they never got old and no one could watch Torchwood.

Nah, I think that place is called Korea. I heard there's a really nice guy there. Kim i think his name was?

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #130 on: 12 Jul 2008, 17:28 »

This is basically how I see the meetings for Torchwood's writers going down:

"Okay, here's a pretty good concept Doctor Who did. Let's do that again."
"Alright, but it wasn't really a sexy story was it?"
"Just throw in some references to Jack's sex life. Or have Owen hit on something."
"Can we make the alien a sexy woman?"
"No, we can only have Welsh actors."
"Okay, we'll make it a dude and have people act like he's sexy. Have Jack hit on him."
"But Jack and Yanto are supposed to be a thing."
"So?"
"And Jack and Gwen are supposed to have sexual tension that no one feels."
"So?"
"So it's awesome! DRAMA!"
"Great! We'll just toss in some horrible dialogue for John Barrowman to do his best with, but no one could possibly say in a convincing way and we're done for the rest of the season!"

And, yet, I still watch the show...mostly to watch Jack kiss dudes.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #131 on: 12 Jul 2008, 23:30 »

Homophobes and prudes for starters.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #132 on: 13 Jul 2008, 00:27 »

yes, but those are basically the two least valid groups society has to offer.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #133 on: 13 Jul 2008, 02:05 »

yes, but those two groups could validly argue the same for you or I.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #134 on: 13 Jul 2008, 02:45 »

true, but whatever their argument I can still fall back on the fact that the highlight of my social philosophy does not depend on systematic condescension based on absurdly misguided views (obviously I direct this more towards homophobes(or any -phobes) more than prudes)

Mr. Mojo

« Reply #135 on: 13 Jul 2008, 08:48 »

He's using big words... WITCH!!!!

itsrabid

« Reply #136 on: 13 Jul 2008, 10:20 »

"CSI: New York" is probably one of the most pointless shows out there. The writing is bland, the crimes uninteresting, and the detectives annoying. It's basically "HRMM YES LET US USE FAKE AND OUTLANDISH COMPUTER SOFTWARE TO SOLVE A TYPICAL CRIME COMMITTED BY LUKEWARM AND DISTRACTED ACTORS"

voyvf

« Reply #137 on: 14 Jul 2008, 05:24 »

I don't watch television; its only purpose is to spoon feed misinformation to the masses who haven't a clue what moronic, regurgitated thoughts and sentiments they're consuming when sitting in front of the aforementioned device.

Books: they might be antiquated, but they're definitely not obsolete.

Beachbum100

« Reply #138 on: 14 Jul 2008, 06:13 »

Hollyoaks when they try to be funny. When they try to be serious, it is the funniest thing in the world (with the exception of Hannah and Jean Paul and Tina, the rest cannot act to save their lives)

Ikrik

« Reply #139 on: 14 Jul 2008, 07:49 »

"CSI: New York" is probably one of the most pointless shows out there. The writing is bland, the crimes uninteresting, and the detectives annoying. It's basically "HRMM YES LET US USE FAKE AND OUTLANDISH COMPUTER SOFTWARE TO SOLVE A TYPICAL CRIME COMMITTED BY LUKEWARM AND DISTRACTED ACTORS"

But.......it has George from Of Mice and Men in it, surely he is amazing.

Has Randy Jackson Presents America's Next Best Dance Crew been mentioned yet?  Asides from the ridiculously long name it features 3 of the stupidest hosts ever.  Let's start a drinking game: every time you want to punch "Lil Mama" in the teeth take a shot.....and have an ambulance on speed dial.  Every time she opens her mouth my respect for the english language drastically decreases.  the other hosts aren't AS bad but Lil Mama needs to be taken into the back and shot....like Lassie.

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #140 on: 14 Jul 2008, 15:43 »

But.......it has George from Of Mice and Men in it, surely he is amazing.

ou mean Gary Sinise.  He's an awesome actor, an excellent guy, but CSI (any and all of them) are just poor television
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #141 on: 14 Jul 2008, 16:47 »

I don't watch television; its only purpose is to spoon feed misinformation to the masses who haven't a clue what moronic, regurgitated thoughts and sentiments they're consuming when sitting in front of the aforementioned device.

Books: they might be antiquated, but they're definitely not obsolete.

I'm sorry, what?

I second what Roxie said but I'm not beyond saying that you are perhaps more ignorant than the people you look down on.

Insectile

• Plantmonster
« Reply #142 on: 14 Jul 2008, 23:41 »

Anything thats not Stand Up on Comedy Central
WTF were they thinking when they put up Lil Bush and Reno 911?
This is not a discussion forum, it's a forum dedicated to the art of performing textual fellatio of Jeph Jacques.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #143 on: 15 Jul 2008, 01:13 »

Man, Reno 911 is an excellent show.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Mr. Mojo

« Reply #144 on: 15 Jul 2008, 10:25 »

HEY MAN! I like Reno 911 and Lil Bush. But of course I like anything mocking our soon to be former president. (No political fights please)

Ikrik

« Reply #145 on: 15 Jul 2008, 12:37 »

Reno 911 is a show that seems REALLY stupid during the commercials but actually pulls off an entertaining show.  I think that Lil Bush functions on the concept of "Hey, lets make fun of the president because that automatically makes us hilarious."  They ended up getting a LOT of PR from magazines and newspapers for being such a "radical South-Park esque show about W."  Which is just insane.

Sarah Silverman and John Dore.....how they got their own shows, I don't know.  Tom Green's late night show is also terrible.

Want to know what's great television?  Make a girl sit down and watch Spike's MANswers for like....4 hours.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #146 on: 15 Jul 2008, 14:04 »

You know who's worse than sarah silverman? lisa lampanelli. Uch, I tried watching her do stand up once..... it was hideous. Silverman's moderately offensive and not that funny but at least it doesn't amount to "man I'm a racist bitch but it's ok because I love having sex with black men!"

thehollow

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #147 on: 15 Jul 2008, 21:40 »

Carlos Mencia is the worst thing on Comedy Central, period.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #148 on: 15 Jul 2008, 22:15 »

I actually find a lot of his stuff funny, though I guess that makes me a bad person and all.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #149 on: 15 Jul 2008, 22:46 »

Yes.  It does.  Very bad.  Like kicking puppies.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up