THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 15:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kings of Power 4 Billion %  (Read 2055 times)

Noct

• Larger than most fish
Kings of Power 4 Billion %
« on: 25 Mar 2008, 09:39 »

Paul Robertson has released his new movie (short film? animated diversion?) recently, and I have been preaching his gospel across the internets.  If you're not familiar with his work, he does absolutely fantastic pixel-style art and animation.  If you are familiar with his previous works, this is less bizzare than Pirate Baby Cabana Battle Street Fight! 2006, at least until the very end.

Edit: Might be NSFW, depending how how tolerant your workplace is of comic violence and general strangeness.

You can download it from one of the mirrors he's posted on his blog http://probertson.livejournal.com/ and unfortunately, I think a download is the only way to get it at this time, but it's worth every second.  For the faint of heart, a low rez youtube trailer is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3egC9LzrCwY

I really need a crystal sword I can pull out of my TV, just in case there are flesh-colored slimes in papal headgear that need slaying.
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2008, 09:42 by Noct »

RallyMonkey

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Re: Kings of Power 4 Billion %
« Reply #1 on: 25 Mar 2008, 11:38 »

Is this the guy who did the Architecture in Helsinki music video?

Noct

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #2 on: 25 Mar 2008, 12:01 »

Indeed it is.

Butch

« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2008, 11:49 »

I was very impressed with his use of the medium, but the ending just confounded me to no end.  Heroes emerge out of the woodwork to fight an unthinkable enemy, only at the end to have a far-greater enemy arise and necessitate their combined efforts to destroy.  I liked that, but then the chibi-girl god end sequence... that felt pulled out of the blue.

Still an amazing video.
Pages: [1]   Go Up