THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 13:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why in the hell...  (Read 8343 times)

Joey!

• Not quite a lurker
Why in the hell...
« on: 25 Mar 2008, 15:28 »

Is Marten apologizing to Dora?  Uh can you draw me into a strip to slap him please?

MrSteevo

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Bros before hoes dawg
Re: Why in the hell...
« Reply #1 on: 25 Mar 2008, 15:33 »

This would be better if you just posted a reply in the "Weekly Discussion"

But till that happens, I'll try and answer:

The guy doesnt like fighting, so he's doing his best to resolve it. This may not be the thing you'd do, but it's Marten's presonality.
You would not be able to kill me. I would win.

JReynolds

• Larger than most fish
  • We thought you was a toad!
« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2008, 08:27 »

Is Marten apologizing to Dora?  ....

Haven't you heard? If a guy is arguing with a girl, and he finds out that he's in the right, he should apologize immediately!
When folly and lies are sown broadcast, one necessarily reaps insanity.  --Zola

WriterofAllWrongs

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2008, 10:40 »

I think it's been more than established that there was a bit of douchebaggery on both sides.  The whole Black and White "Dora was wrong, Marten was right." is a bit unfair and a little immature, IMO.  Dora was incredibly irrational and overreacted to the situation, and Marten should've stayed and been a bit more sensitive and try to resolve things instead of leaving. 

Though, I gotta say, if this is the only place this plot is going (Conflict caused by Dora's irrationality and Marten's smarm -> Uncomfortable strip between Dora and Marten -> Marten is Mr. Sensitive and resolves the situation), I'm gonna get bored out of my skull.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2008, 16:04 »

Why does Marten have to be super sensitive and understanding every time Dora freaks out and goes batshit crazy?

kasuturo

« Reply #5 on: 26 Mar 2008, 18:31 »

1.- He doesn't like fighting
2.- He was drunk some minutes ago
3.- All on QC have new noses so they're happy as hell xD

The noses look pretty cool anyway  :-)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #6 on: 26 Mar 2008, 21:21 »

A wise man used to say "Someone has to be the adult here". I see it as Marten taking responsibility for his side of the fight.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Hamster

« Reply #7 on: 26 Mar 2008, 21:32 »

I'm gonna be laughing really hard when you get into the same situation with your significant other and the two of you break up because one or both of you was too much of a self-righteous ass to try and reconcile.

Obviously he should go to his apartment and cry into Faye's Georgia peaches until the distraught and insecure Dora magically comes to her senses and comes crawling back in shame. That would make a shit-ton of sense.

Jeff7

• Furry furrier
« Reply #8 on: 26 Mar 2008, 21:37 »

Isn't there some rule that said "The lady is always right?"

And if you think the lady is wrong, refer back to the first rule.
Something like that.

You can also use the technique my philosophy professor mentioned.

"Did you ever notice that you can say something really mean to someone, then say, 'Just kidding!' but still really mean the nasty thing you said? Isn't that great?" That was of course followed with a grin, and generally some sarcastic remark, followed with "Just kidding.".:)

If I had all the time and money I needed, I'd probably get a degree in philosophy. Then maybe a Ph.D. in theoretical or quantum or astro physics.

Amadeus

« Reply #9 on: 26 Mar 2008, 23:07 »

Why does Marten have to be super sensitive and understanding every time Dora freaks out and goes batshit crazy?
Because he likes to have a relationship?

Rocketman

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • A little bitter.
« Reply #10 on: 26 Mar 2008, 23:59 »

I'm gonna be laughing really hard when you get into the same situation with your significant other and the two of you break up because one or both of you was too much of a self-righteous ass to try and reconcile.

Actually, we broke up because I doubted her sincerity after the fifth seventh sixteenth time we "reconciled".

Muppet King

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #11 on: 27 Mar 2008, 06:21 »

The only times you don't appologize for your part of the fight is if they cheated on you or hit you.
Yes, as a matter of fact, we'll probably use algebra like mad today!

ChristineIsAMormon

« Reply #12 on: 29 Mar 2008, 20:07 »

Actually, we broke up because I doubted her sincerity after the fifth seventh sixteenth time we "reconciled".

Hahaha.

I think a relationship built on a foundation of submission and assholery from the two different sides isn't bound to last.
Maybe Dora and Marten will last, maybe not, all I know if her insecurities are really starting to irk me. :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up