THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 00:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Did You Listen To Before You Were Cool  (Read 45778 times)

rynne

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Hey, nice marmot!
Re: What Did You Listen To Before You Were Cool
« Reply #100 on: 03 Apr 2008, 08:58 »

I never became cool; I just found new groups of friends who had more similar taste to mine.

That being said, before I really got a feel for my own tastes, I had most of Sacred Reich’s albums.  And during high school, I listened to some pretty dire industrial-rock/-metal: Gravity Kills, Stabbing Westward, Bile, 16 Volt.  I still like that genre, but I’ve become more discerning about it: yes to NIN, classic Ministry, Skinny Puppy’s Rabies, no to just about anything by Marilyn Manson, the more derivative KMFDM albums, etc.….
When Kleiner showed me the sky-line of New York, I told him that man is like the coral insect---designed to build vast, beautiful, mineral things for the moonlight to delight in after he is dead. - H.P. Lovecraft

chma

« Reply #101 on: 03 Apr 2008, 17:09 »

Is this the thread to admit I was at a spice girls concert when I was younger?
I also own a destiny's child album, as well as 2 FIVE albums.
Man, I was so into ZTV and MTV when I was 10-13, then came my "metal" period, and I still listen to in flames from time to time, they have some songs that I still find pretty neat.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #102 on: 04 Apr 2008, 15:37 »

Well, they seem pretty fucking great live, at any rate. I'd still see them live, but I don't think I'd ever listen and like one of their albums again.

Also, Tyrannosaurus Hives was way too polished.

True, but my favourite Hives track outside of 'Main Offender' is 'Diabolic Scheme,' because it's nothing like anything else they did. The stabbing strings, man!

But yeah, I'd definitely see them live.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!
« Reply #103 on: 05 Apr 2008, 03:09 »

Man I grew up listening to The Smiths. I've ALWAYS been cool.

But seriously. Papa Roach and Alien Ant Farm. I still enjoy Alien Ant Farm but wtf Papa Roach.

Thank the lord for At The Drive-In.
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

seebanks

« Reply #104 on: 06 Apr 2008, 13:43 »

Staind. Lots and lots of Staind.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #105 on: 07 Apr 2008, 11:56 »

Hypnotoad only works as an animated .gif. Like that he just looks retarded.

Next week on Everybody Loves Hypnotoad:

karl gambolputty...

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #106 on: 07 Apr 2008, 12:04 »

Nope, even then it still looks retar-ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!

seebanks

« Reply #107 on: 07 Apr 2008, 12:41 »

haha, my dearest apologies. Better now?

pinkpiche

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #108 on: 07 Apr 2008, 14:38 »

I'm reading this thread and some of the bands that you people don't like I like. Hanson's newer stuff is pretty good. I know I'm probably going to get flamed for saying this but the band that made me start my music collection over again was Silverchair, this was about 6 years ago. Diorama is an amazing album.
 Before that my favorite band was The Moffatts. I still even listen to them occasionally. I'll basically listen to anything. I'm extremely open minded. I'm offended by some of the comments in this thread, but I'm not one to start drama. I came here solely for the fact that I love music and everything about it. It's one thing that's keeping me alive right now.

You don't basically listen to everything. You are not extremely open minded and you are not offended and you should start drama. It's fun.

Seriously though, this thread isn't about bitching about bands that we don't like, it's about remembering what we used to like and have semi-quasi-serious bantering about it.
"Yeah, they're always biting my shit you know how that goes"

chizzle

« Reply #109 on: 07 Apr 2008, 15:19 »

Typical Brit-cringe on the way: I used to listen lots to Deacon Blue, Runrig, Fleetwood Mac, and (God help me) Genesis. Thank the Lord I'm grown up and apparently able to judge my own music taste better. Although in 10 years I'll probably be cringing about being a fan of Muse, Manic Street Preachers and LCD Soundsystem...

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #110 on: 07 Apr 2008, 16:28 »

One year I asked for a CD by 'Puddle of Mud' for Christmas. I got it, then listened to it a whole bunch. No one knows this about me.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

absurdabsurd

« Reply #111 on: 07 Apr 2008, 17:29 »

I was the coolest 7 year old. I found my mom's vinyl and started listening to the Byrds.... "MOM PUT IT ON AGAIN!" ... On repeat. She never said anything, simply acquiesced to my wishes.

I listened to a lot of Celine Dion (this was before I spoke English. I went back years later, and realized that what I had THOUGHT she was saying phonetically was WAY off from what she was actually singing. This was very funny). I also liked the Kelly Family - they were big in the german-speaking parts of Switzerland. Every young girl wanted to marry Paddy or Angelo and be absorbed into the multi-head family for a life of musical hippiedom. I also did the Hanson thing. I was also way way into the Cirque du Soleil's Saltimbanco soundtrack.

Then I moved to India, and I swear all I heard for 2 years was the chart albums I would get in Europe (98-00... these were of German origins, and at the time there was a lot of electronic techno-y stuff on them) and a lot of Venga Boys and Aqua (the latter two less by choice and more because that's all that would ever get played in any sort of place like poolsides, cars, etc.  I still dream about these songs, particularly the Venga Boys, sometimes....). A bit of Eminem as well ('slit' in 'slit my wrist' was censored for some reason I still haven't really grasped). It was around this time that my British friend and I made up a dance to 'The Table' by The Beautiful South (I never got into the Spice Girls. I feel like such a creepy failed girl!).

Then Milan, Italy. I started listening to a lot of RHCP, H.I.M. and yes, Puddle of Mudd, Nickelback, Crazy Town, Linkin Park. And Des'ree. My first few gigs were H.I.M. , Limp Bizkit, and the Hives. Then my friend made me listen to some InMe. I liked it, tried to download some, and got a track called 'The Killer In Me'. Which turned out to be 'Disarm' by the Smashing Pumpkins... and from then on I stopped listening to almost everything else. Pumpkinspumpkinspumpkins. Then Nirvana, Hole, Alice in Chains, Faith No More, Queens of the Stone Age etc etc etc. I got high at an Incubus gig, and then we started getting high to Placebo and Marilyn Manson. I still listen to everything I got into post-Pumpkins, among countless other things. I've been trying to branch out ever since.

The thing is, I still own most of these records, including the ones that would be cringe-worthy in most people's eyes. I consider them all a pretty integral part to who I am and even though I don't listen to a lot of them anymore I don't think I could bear to part with them. (I am SO not cool).

I went through an elitist phase and then got over it. Given the right mood and setting I can pretty much enjoy everything, even if from a "revelling in its awfulness" PoV. It just doesn't mean I'll be taking it home at the end of the day. But anything else would be such a waste of potential fun.

Oh also - considering how awesome my parents' music taste is, it took me a very long time to branch out. I was brought up on Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Grateful Dead, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Pink Floyd, Tracy Chapman....

This turned out way longer than I intended. Sorry.

Aristaia

« Reply #112 on: 08 Apr 2008, 17:25 »

First FM/AM walkman!  Debbie Gibson, Police, The Bangles, Wilson Phillips, McHammer, Vanilla Ice, New Kids on the Block, Mike and the Mechanics.  Then I discovered some of the music my parents liked.  (Beatles and The Who were insta-win.  Takes me until ten+ years later to decide Leonard Cohen and Ray Charles are any good.  Still hate Bread and CCR though.)  Finally move along to grunge!  Then on to a rabid-Tori-Amos-fan phase.  No, I did NOT wear any wings to a concert.

SO, still working on that "cool" thing.   :mrgreen:

Statik

• Furry furrier
  • This is the art of ruin.
« Reply #113 on: 08 Apr 2008, 22:17 »

This may get double-posted, as these forums and/or my internets were being weird upon posting, if so, I apologize.

I was in a similar boat to absurd(*2)

I grew up with my mom, listening to The Beatles, The Doors, Janis Joplin, Arlo & Woodie Guthrie, Bruce Springsteen, Eric Clapton (& Cream), Hendrix, Dylan, 4 Non Blondes, U2, Pink Floyd, CCR, the list goes on.  Also, the Traveling Wilburys.

My dad gave me a taste for Classical, as well as old Irish and English drinking music, as well as some bluegrass.

But, when I got older, I started listening to Metallica and Ozzy.  Which led me to buy some Ozzfest sampler CD, which led me to Fear Factory, Biohazard, Sepultura, and I dont remember what else.  And so I started down the road to heavy metal.

The only intermediate points, before I got heavily into metal and never looked back (at least at the stuff I listened to between all the music of my childhood, and buying up damn near every metal band I could find)  Stuff like:
Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage, a lot of shitty techno/electronica/trance (especially during my acid using years), I honestly cant remember what else.  A lot of shitty radio alt pop.

This song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfxoM6trtZE
and this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kx3s_ab8Vc
Hold especially good memories for me.
Quote from: Black Label Society
Where I fall and where I rise, I couldn't give a damn
Another shot, another beer is all that I have planned...

Noct

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #114 on: 08 Apr 2008, 22:26 »

Back when Nickelback released "This is How You Remind Me" I thought it was kind of neat.  Yeah, I know.

Clobbersaurus

• Emoticontraindication
  • homosex
« Reply #115 on: 09 Apr 2008, 02:04 »

holy crap, how old are some of you folks? 14?

deee lite, paula abdul, Aerosmith, kool moe dee, ABC, and janet and micheal jackson.
also, this on a 45 single over and over and over and over.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxcpDR6drHk

that was the bulk of my tween years. i'm not as embarrassed as i thought i'd be....
except for the whole "i was a giant aerosmith fan".
:(
male elephant seals are really ugly.

borderlineangelic

« Reply #116 on: 09 Apr 2008, 02:15 »

Slint.

No, but in all seriousness...

Slint.

JediBendu

• Furry furrier
« Reply #117 on: 09 Apr 2008, 08:48 »

The first bands that I really liked a lot where Foo Fighters, Weezer Queens of the Stone Age, The Beatles. I still think they're pretty good though. Bands that I really do regret that I ever listened to even a little bit are stuff like Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and maybe Nirvana a little bit.

But I don't think I became cool, I just stopped caring and now just yell about how Deerhoof and Elvis Costello are awesome anytime we talk about music.

Siert

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #118 on: 09 Apr 2008, 09:34 »

I think this is really wierd, the first album I ever owned was the lion king soundtrack (Already mentioned here at LEAST twice) and I loved it to bits and used to dance and sing-a-long to it. Then I got the "Blue-da-ba-dee" single and my parents hated me for it.

Eventually I got into Linkin park and sum 41, then got progressively heavier in my music tastes, and the heavier I got the cooler I seemed to be, by cool I mean fro some reason people sat with me and wanted me to give my opinion on CDs.

So I guess I listened to Eiffel 65, Lion king, linkin park and Sum 41 before I became cool.
For every comic you read, A kitten giggles!

Solo-project ; http://www.myspace.com/Truesolitation (Taking commisions, think about it your own personal song!)

Help me create a city! : http://hamildonia.myminicity.com/

absurdabsurd

« Reply #119 on: 09 Apr 2008, 09:52 »

Then I got the "Blue-da-ba-dee" single and my parents hated me for it.

Ohmygod I spun that Eiffel 65 album to death. In fact, I just uncovered it a few weeks ago and listened to it all again.
Yay for trashy electronic europop.

Siert

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #120 on: 09 Apr 2008, 09:55 »

Ohmygod I spun that Eiffel 65 album to death.
Yay for trashy electronic europop.

Not all trashy euro-pop.... some british band did a cover of it. Metallising the entire piece.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXvQ94Z1oDM

Back on topic, I found out I actually have a few Green day CDs, so I used to listen to a lot of Green day back in the days!
For every comic you read, A kitten giggles!

Solo-project ; http://www.myspace.com/Truesolitation (Taking commisions, think about it your own personal song!)

Help me create a city! : http://hamildonia.myminicity.com/

Yoeni

« Reply #121 on: 11 Apr 2008, 12:47 »

Well I listened to Meshuggah when I was like 10 but I also listened to some pretty standard stuff like Nirvana, Audioslave, System of a Down, Pearl Jam, etc. I pretty much listened to any hard music I could get my hands on, later on, through the web I found out about much better bands. I pretty much dislike the stuff I used to listen to, but I still enjoy listening to Nirvana once in a while or play Audioslave's Cochise.

Ng

« Reply #122 on: 12 Apr 2008, 21:40 »

All I listened to until my senior year of high school was They Might Be Giants and Weird Al. I eventually branched out and started listening to the worst techno I could get my hands on. (Dune, I am looking at you.) From there I moved on to Rufus Wainwright, The Tea Party, and Super Furry Animals. Then, I was browsing at Borders and I saw Wave of Mutilation and I was like "Oh, this band is called the Pixies. I bet it's cute!"

I love making good decisions for terrible reasons.

chloeandthehawk

« Reply #123 on: 13 Apr 2008, 09:01 »

back in my emo-kid mallgoth days, I would look up how to be emo online, copy every single thing i could, but still end up looking like a mall goth.
My favorites were Taking Back Sunday, My Chemical Romance, and I pretended to like Bright Eyes because the internet told me all the emo kids liked them.

Someone needed to smack me.
Hard.

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #124 on: 13 Apr 2008, 09:41 »

Weird. I pretended to hate Bright Eyes for that exact same reason.

noeffeks

« Reply #125 on: 13 Apr 2008, 21:18 »

:roll:

At this whole thread.

imonfire

• Plantmonster
« Reply #126 on: 13 Apr 2008, 22:20 »

In junoir high I was all about faux-punk rock, sum41 was my favourite band for years... also blink 182 and the first 3 greenday albums (which I kind of still dig for nostalgia purposes). There was also Linkin park, stained and disturbed. I think my little sister has all those cd's now.

Then pink floyd saved my life and my music taste did a complete 180
sig

Aristaia

« Reply #127 on: 13 Apr 2008, 23:11 »

I'm loading Doowop songs onto my iPod for my mother-in-law right now.  Nostalgia is a-okay by me.

And if a Tone Loc song plays on the radio I will sing along to the whole thing.  Go ahead and roll your eyes.  I don't care.

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #128 on: 14 Apr 2008, 02:32 »

I love the way people keep saying "Pink Floyd saved my life" on these forums, as if they were miserable listening to Green Day. You had fun! Don't try to deny it!

hrivero

« Reply #129 on: 14 Apr 2008, 04:30 »

Oingo Boingo.

The first song I ever sang was the chorus to an Oingo Boingo song.

My iPod has every Oingo Boingo song I know of on there.

And that is pretty much almost all of them.

Oingo Boingo = Epic Win

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #130 on: 14 Apr 2008, 05:52 »

I love the way people keep saying "Pink Floyd saved my life" on these forums, as if they were miserable listening to Green Day. You had fun! Don't try to deny it!

Truth. I still have more fun listening to Green Day than I ever will listening to Pink Floyd.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

chloeandthehawk

« Reply #131 on: 14 Apr 2008, 15:22 »

Weird. I pretended to hate Bright Eyes for that exact same reason.

Ahh, I thought I was alone.
thank the lord.
We still exist, us epic how to be an emo kid followers.

SleeperCylon

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #132 on: 14 Apr 2008, 17:21 »

Mainstream adult contemporary.

Before that, post-grungy yelling crap like Staind and Sevendust.

The day that ended was the day I went to the Family Values tour.  It was like 'So.  Linkin Park doesn't play instruments, they do that faux-hip hop audience pandering, and they apologize when they play a song not on the album.  I'm done with this.'

Fuel lost me the same way, at a concert.  The lead singer comes out in leather pants and this ridiculous outfit and screamed "That's right, you came to see MEEEEEEEE!"  No, I came to hear you sing, douche.  And hear your band play, but you won't share the spotlight with any of the less douchey members.

After that I went to classic rock for a while, and after I finished discovering that I was ready to move onto modern cool music.
« Last Edit: 14 Apr 2008, 17:27 by SleeperCylon »

imonfire

• Plantmonster
« Reply #133 on: 15 Apr 2008, 20:05 »

Truth. I still have more fun listening to Green Day than I ever will listening to Pink Floyd.
Also I feel that advancing my taste in music has made me grow exponentially as a person and has dramatically matured me.
besides the fact that you all would drop 30 odd respect points for me if I started gushing about Am3riCan IdoIt!!11!11!!
sig

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #134 on: 15 Apr 2008, 21:35 »

Guys, when I was young and didn't know much about music I liked Wham.

Then I got all cool and didn't like Wham.

Now that I am older and don't give a fuck I like Wham.

Repeat the above replacing with things like Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Rick Springfield, The Cars, hair metal & 80s power ballads.

Morgan11

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • yeah you stole.
« Reply #135 on: 16 Apr 2008, 08:05 »

This is a quick history of my tastes throughout the years.

Very first of all, as early as I can remember, my house was always filled with the sounds of the beach boys, simon and garfunkel, the mamas and papas, and occasionally the beatles. I remember those pretty well and I still like all of them, ha!

Then fast forward to when I was 13 or so. I think the very first cd I got was the orchestra soundtrack from jurrasic park. Kind of odd. Then I remember loving spin doctors, the cranberries, and live. I still like throwing copper  :-P Anyway, then my best friend was into gangsta rap: snoop dogg, ice cube, tu pac. That phase was short lived and so we both went on to like an interesting mix of good and bad rock: pearl jam to eric clapton to don henley to guns n roses to the doors to queen to kiss (ugh). So honestly, overall, not a bad start.

In the 90's it kind of went everywhere- I remember getting sugar ray's lemonade and brownies album with this naked chick on the cover. had to hide it from my mom. I remember liking nirvana and pearl jam alot. Then it was basically anything alternative like weezer, better than ezra, seven mary three, sponge, oasis, our lady peace, stone temple pilots. One friend told me about this band rage against the machine- I listened to them and thought, wow this kind of sucks. His voice is wierd. But on listen two, I was hooked. Couldnt get enough of them.

Then came high school. This brought about my ska, punk, alternative era- where I really got into music-some good. some bad. First of all ska became big for me during that whole explosion: of course mighty mighty bosstones and the mad caddies (still love them!). I liked buck o' nine and the pilfers and save ferris. Then came an obsession with 311. (got to admit that I still like them. Like I own all of thier cds.. and some bootlegs. I realize this may have ruined all credibility with some people haha) But of course then I got into all the pop punk stuff like mxpx and the ataris (ughh) , blink 182. Also face to face, rancid, bad religion, nofx etc. Never got huge into green day. Best bands discovered during that era= limp (not bizkit), no knife, fugazi, the pixies.

On the alternative side it was smashing pumpkins, tool, incubus, ratm.

On a side note, I also got into the short-lived neo swing revival- i liked the cherry poppin daddies, big bad voodoo daddy, royal crown revue (which I still like and listen to now and again!)

Then came a short, but dark phase that I do not wish on my worst enemies- listening to korn, limp bizkit, slipknot. Later on, probably the worst thing I've ever listened to and liked is a band by the name of Hawthorne Heights. holy hell, i dont know what else to say.

But out of the darkness came a light which lead me to led zep, radiohead, saves the day, miles davis, the strokes, the deftones, frank sinatra..

And then from there it gets confusing and messy but I pretty much keep it simple- i listen to what I like.

currently Im listening to someone still loves you boris yeltsin, thrice's new one, vampire weekend, brother kite, broadcast, nujabes, sun kill moon, this will destroy you, fleet foxes, etc.
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2008, 08:16 by Morgan11 »

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #136 on: 16 Apr 2008, 08:54 »

Now that I am older and don't give a fuck I like Wham.

I'm in love with you.

teecomb

« Reply #137 on: 16 Apr 2008, 19:24 »

Yeah, I'm not cool. I'm sort of a nerd. But, within my friend circle of nerds I have been worshiped as cool on occassion. Probably just because I'm running away this summer to go see all my fave bands in Chicago, which blows the minds of some of my high school peers. I'll take all the respect I can get though.

Behold, the musical evolution of Jodi:

Mix tapes from my Dad (music I'm into now, haha. The Beatles, the Beach Boys, the Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, some Bowie)
Shaggy
Barenaked Ladies
U2
Fleetwood Mac
Rufus Wainwright
a lot of David Bowie
Nirvana
Animal Collective

Once I hit AC it was like music orgasm and all was lost. AC saved my life, I was so much more connected with music after that. It was great. I still enjoy all of the artists (Shaggy and Barenaked Ladies just for memories of car rides and fall fairs) and Bowie has evolved from an artist on my iPod to my God.

Dedalus

« Reply #138 on: 17 Apr 2008, 11:44 »

It seems a lot of you still have pretty dire taste in music.

Before I started attacking people who say they "listen to pretty much everything" I liked the indie flavour-of-the-month and pretentious wank like Radiohead.

Neubauten

« Reply #139 on: 17 Apr 2008, 12:48 »

Some german punk : D

karl gambolputty...

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #140 on: 17 Apr 2008, 13:21 »

It seems a lot of you still have pretty dire taste in music.

Before I started attacking people who say they "listen to pretty much everything" I liked the indie flavour-of-the-month and pretentious wank like Radiohead.

Red Peril

« Reply #141 on: 17 Apr 2008, 13:24 »

I once owned an album by cringe-inducingly feeble folk-rock band The Levellers. This album was so mind-numbingly abysmal the first thing I'm gonna do if I travel back in time is kick my younger self in the face for foisting this utter bullcrap on my poor innocent family. I listened to a load of shitty Ska and metal but that album sticks out as a true musical crime punishable by execution by iron maiden (the medieval torture apparatus iron maiden).

MrSteevo

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Bros before hoes dawg
« Reply #142 on: 17 Apr 2008, 13:27 »

I dont get this at all.

But I listened to Led Zeppilen and Beatles. It enjoyed it (I still enjoy "I am the Walrus"), some good songs but could never listen to a whole album and like it all. Then I found out that they still made music after the 90's that wasn't Rap and I found bands that had songs that were all good.
You would not be able to kill me. I would win.

karl gambolputty...

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #143 on: 17 Apr 2008, 14:04 »

Then I found out that they still made music after the 90's that wasn't Rap and I found bands that had songs that were all good.

I don't get this at all.

I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself.

hrivero

« Reply #144 on: 18 Apr 2008, 01:24 »

Oingo Boingo = Epic Win
Well, duh. It's got Danny Fuckmothering Elfman!

Yes. Did I mention that I saw Oingo Boingo in concert TWICE before they broke up. Indeed, I was way little, but I've met him once and been within shouting distance three times (including when I met him...no I did not shout.)

Danny Elfman is awesome.

However, if you are a Tim Burton fan and THINK you know SHIT about Danny Elfman based solely on his soundtracks...

Die.

This goes for everyone.

chloeandthehawk

« Reply #145 on: 18 Apr 2008, 06:12 »

Oingo Boingo = Epic Win
Well, duh. It's got Danny Fuckmothering Elfman!

Yes. Did I mention that I saw Oingo Boingo in concert TWICE before they broke up. Indeed, I was way little, but I've met him once and been within shouting distance three times (including when I met him...no I did not shout.)

Danny Elfman is awesome.

However, if you are a Tim Burton fan and THINK you know SHIT about Danny Elfman based solely on his soundtracks...

Die.

This goes for everyone.

This thread brings out the pretentious indie in everyone.

piepie

« Reply #146 on: 18 Apr 2008, 10:36 »

piepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepieipiepie

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #147 on: 18 Apr 2008, 10:43 »

wait wait wait

Danny Elfman was in Oingo Boingo?

Danny Elfman is responsible for "i love little girls, they make me feel so good"???

oh man.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #148 on: 18 Apr 2008, 15:05 »

that "i love little girls" song is pretty awesome to listen to while on mushrooms.

me and some friends drove around for HOURS frying our asses off listening to only that song on repeat for the entire night and it was fucking amazing. everyone was singing along and dancing and having a jolly good time.

highly recommended.

"highly" hurr hurr
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up