THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 08:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: that's freaking hilarious!  (Read 8596 times)

MC

• Furry furrier
that's freaking hilarious!
« on: 30 Apr 2008, 22:50 »

Dora and Marten walking in on old people doing their thing...... awww Jeph I haven't laughed so hard at one of your comics in a very long time hahahahahah!

Red Peril

Re: that's freaking hilarious!
« Reply #1 on: 01 May 2008, 03:10 »

I thought the joke was that they just look like Marten and Dora but older, then again I DO have a very active imagination.

Jeff7

• Furry furrier
« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2008, 05:10 »

Red, I think you just want to see Dora and Marten going at it soooo badly that you'll imagine anyone to look like them.

"You know, if her hair wasn't red, if she wasn't 50lbs overweight, if she was shorter, if she didn't have glasses, and if she owned a cat instead of a dog, she might look just like Dora."

JReynolds

• Larger than most fish
  • We thought you was a toad!
« Reply #3 on: 01 May 2008, 06:22 »

I thought that the guy looked like Mr. Bianchi. Which would help explain Dorten's reaction of shock.
When folly and lies are sown broadcast, one necessarily reaps insanity.  --Zola

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #4 on: 01 May 2008, 07:32 »

...We're all aware that there is a Weekly Comic Thread to talk about the comic, right?
Just checkin'.

Ryland

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #5 on: 01 May 2008, 09:26 »

...We're all aware that there is a Weekly Comic Thread to talk about the comic, right?
Just checkin'.

I guess I'm a dumbass, but I've never been able to find a weekly discussion thread. Can someone help out a poor n00b?

borkabrak

« Reply #6 on: 01 May 2008, 09:33 »

Just checkin'.

Argh.  I just spent far too long figuring out how to get there.  I found a single mention of it on the site, and would have very much appreciated a link.  I would also have loved to be given the information that you have to register before you can even *see* the Weekly Comic Thread board, much less post anything to it.  I was getting ready to pull my hair out looking for it.  Argh.

I know Jeph didn't write the forum software.  I just thought this was worth mentioning so that maybe he can put up a mention of this in order to avoid other fans getting as grumpy over this as I got.  I don't even care about the comic anymore.  Dealing with all this, I forgot why I was looking for the thread in the first place. 

borkabrak

« Reply #7 on: 01 May 2008, 09:35 »

Oh.. and here's a link to the Weekly Comic Thread.  So that others may benefit from my suffering.  Heh.  http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php/board,13.0.html

JReynolds

• Larger than most fish
  • We thought you was a toad!
« Reply #8 on: 01 May 2008, 11:56 »

Just checkin'.

If you wanted to be more menacing, you could have referred to it as the Weekly Comic Threat.

(sorry-- couldn't resist the pun [didn't try too hard, I'll admit])
When folly and lies are sown broadcast, one necessarily reaps insanity.  --Zola

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #9 on: 01 May 2008, 12:16 »

I'm surprised you couldn't find it, it's the one at the top of the forum list. It's called Weekly Comic Talk.

Having said that, it's labelled something like "Blah blah blah sven blah blah dora blah blah blah hurgh" so I'm not very surprised.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Ryland

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #10 on: 01 May 2008, 12:28 »

I'm surprised you couldn't find it, it's the one at the top of the forum list. It's called Weekly Comic Talk.

Having said that, it's labelled something like "Blah blah blah sven blah blah dora blah blah blah hurgh" so I'm not very surprised.

"Weekly Comic Chat" didn't appear in the list until today. I swear this is true. It's always been "General Discussion" and nothing else in the top box. Maybe it was cached or something.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #11 on: 01 May 2008, 12:36 »

No, sorry.  You must have just missed it, it's always been there.

For reference to anybody else who can't find it, the "BLAH BLAH BLAH SVEN BLAH BLAH BLAH FAYE BLAH BLAH BLAH KITTIES" or whatever is below a big ol' "WEEKLY COMIC TALK" heading at the top of the forum homepage.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #12 on: 01 May 2008, 12:49 »

It is possible that it was cached, Ryland has only made 4 posts which probably makes them pretty new. Before you register, I think you can't see the WCT thread.

Anyway the original discussion should move over to the WCT now :-)
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #13 on: 01 May 2008, 15:13 »

True, but as soon as you register and log in you can see it.

I'm pretty sure that and I LIKE HURRRRRR are the only two cached boards.

EDIT: More like this thread should die.  Discussion continue?
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #14 on: 01 May 2008, 20:03 »

Holy fucking shit you guys are so goddamn stupid.
Hate, rain on me

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
  • This is my personal text. Not yours!
« Reply #15 on: 01 May 2008, 22:22 »

We are?

AMESOME!!!

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #16 on: 02 May 2008, 18:17 »

Oh man how will I retort to that brilliant comeback.
Hate, rain on me

chkngrrl

« Reply #17 on: 05 May 2008, 18:39 »

Oh man how will I retort to that brilliant comeback.
Considering the limitations of your vocabulary (and compassion for new forum users), I look forward to your attempt.

Oh, and for what it's worth, you can't see the weekly comic talk forum unless you're logged in as a registered user, which isn't particularly obvious at first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up