THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 00:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE  (Read 51740 times)

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE
« on: 27 Mar 2008, 16:52 »

This kind of makes me ashamed to enjoy both metal and punk.

Apparently, "emo" kids are getting attacked all around the world.

I really think this is ridiculous and unnecessary.  The whole "emo" stereotype has been blown way out of proportion and I guess it's causing some tension in between scenes.  I mean with religion it's a bit more serious, but fucking music?  Come on, people.  What happened to just ignoring something you didn't like?  Should I be expecting future news sources to be headlining articles about RPG fans  being physically assaulted by FPS fans in Europe?  It's much of the same scenario, isn't it?
« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2008, 17:01 by imapiratearg »

Ultra Violence

Re: WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE
« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2008, 16:56 »

Cry moar pl0x.

Just becuase you're getting your emo ass kicked.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2008, 16:58 »

People riot over dumber things. Like soccer.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

imapiratearg

« Reply #3 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:01 »

This is true.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #4 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:02 »

Cry moar pl0x.

Just becuase you're getting your emo ass kicked.

YOU ARE THE COOLEST PERSON ON THE INTERNET.  CONGRATULATIONS.  REPUBLICANS!  MEAT!
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

Ultra Violence

« Reply #5 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:07 »

Caps Lock One Liner.
How long have you been sitting on that one?

I hear you lost that sense of humor in Nam.

Guess your parents are to blame for it all, oh well not your fault I guess.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Fuck.

@tommydski

BUT DUDE THAT SEVEN TRILLION POUND POLARISE MISSILE WE JUST PURCHASED FROM THE USA IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE EDUCATION SYSTEM.

WHY OH WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THIS!

jimbunny

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • I'll show you the life of the mind!
« Reply #6 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:10 »

Are you complaining that he responded insensitively to your (pretty drastically) insensitive comment?  :-o

And Tommy, amen to that.

Ultra Violence

« Reply #7 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:13 »

Are you complaining that he responded insensitively to your (pretty drastically) insensitive comment?  :-o
A moronic non-thought out responce is one I will not tolirate.

He just stuck the font size up and took a huge dump in this thread.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #8 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:14 »

It will be a glorious day when the Army holds a bake sale to buy their next bomb
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Ultra Violence

« Reply #9 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:17 »

It will be a glorious day when the Army holds a bake sale to buy their next bomb
Happening all the time we just don't know about it.

theoryC

• Furry furrier
« Reply #10 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:20 »

Quote from: Ultra Violence
tolirate
*tolerate

No need to thank me.  I'm just naturally that hip.

Ultra Violence

« Reply #11 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:22 »

Quote from: Ultra Violence
tolirate
*tolerate

No need to thank me.  I'm just naturally that hip.
Cheers hoe.

It looked wrong but I couldn't find the correct spelling.

Also hip isn't hip.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #12 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:25 »

A moronic non-thought out responce is one I will not tolirate.

THE IRONY, IT IS DELICIOUS.  IT TASTES OF LEMONGRASS AND WAFFLES.

Ultra Violence

« Reply #13 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:31 »

A moronic non-thought out responce is one I will not tolerate.
THE IRONY, IT IS DELICIOUS.  IT TASTES OF LEMONGRASS AND WAFFLES.
Is the Caps Lock key on your keyboard broken?

Once you get that fixed you should take some 9mm aspirin, help you clear up that god awful headache you have from all that shouting I assume you do in real life just to whore up some attention.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #14 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:34 »

I WILL NOT BE TRICKED INTO ENTERING A SERIOUS CONVERSATION WITH YOU.

LURK MOAR.

TITS OR GTFO.

PUNK ROCK!  DISCO DUCK!  BIRTH CONTROL!

Ultra Violence

« Reply #15 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:36 »

I WILL NOT BE TRICKED INTO ENTERING A SERIOUS CONVERSATION WITH YOU.
LURK MOAR.
TITS OR GTFO.
PUNK ROCK!  DISCO DUCK!  BIRTH CONTROL!

Oh great another /b/tard just what this world needs.

Also lulz at how we derailed this thread.

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #16 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:38 »

A lot of these people are just kids, and they don't think anything of smashing bottles into the faces of another person, including their school classmates. One of the most disappointing moments of my life, if not the most disappointing moment, was asking one of my classmates at school why he and his friends beat a bunch of drunk people, both male and female, with makeshift 'urban warfare' weaponry until they were bloody. He just grinned and replied "I don't know, it's just fun".
He later said "They're all moshers, who cares?"
That's right. They beat some people into unrecognisable pulp because they were wearing baggy clothes.

This behaviour of separation is nothing new, the 'alternative' kids have always been picked on in some way or another, but recently, in the last decade or two, the UK in-particular has been breeding this entire generation of kids with no brains or ambition by making celebrities of wastrels and glorifying binge drinking and drug use. As the education system crumbles into dust and the media continues to dumb down the population, these violent attacks have only increased and gotten far worse in terms of severity.

I honestly think it all stems from schools. The school yard is a violent place that rewards more violence. This isn't how children should be conditioned.

Edit: I try to hold a diplomatic tongue most of the time, but seriously. Jackie. Ultra Violence. Shut the fuck up, both of you. You're both intelligent enough to act the bigger man, so go ahead and try it.

Ultra Violence

« Reply #17 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:40 »

Reminds me of the apartheid.

Ahh those were the days.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #18 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:42 »

wait wait wait the UKs schools suck too? i'm sorry to hear that but on the bright side, america won't be lonely on the short bus.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #19 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:42 »

THE FACT THAT YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND MY SARCASTIC USAGE OF INTERNET MEME-SPEAK IN RESPONSE TO YOUR INITIAL USAGE OF INTERNET MEME-SPEAK IS UNDENIABLE PROOF YOU NEED TO LURK MOAR.

OH FUCK YOU MADE ME ACTUALLY RESPOND SERIOUSLY.

Seriously, I am so fucking sick of the last six months of new posters who swagger in without lurking and proceed to try and be a "bad boy" and wave their e-dicks around with painfully cringeworthy attempts at being The New Cool Clever Guy.

Basically at this point I have just snapped and the forum can fuck itself.  The regulars who talk about things in a thoughtful and interesting manner are being drowned out by the unwashed tide of teenage message board smartasses and to quote the greatest band in the history of ever, Dink, "Frankly, I'm getting a little ticked off."

tl;dr - BLAH BLUH BLEE BLOOP.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #20 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:46 »

This behaviour of separation is nothing new, the 'alternative' kids have always been picked on in some way or another

Eh, not actually true in point of fact.  The time and place I went to highschool, West Coast of Florida 89-93, "alternative" kids weren't picked on at all; in fact, they were highly regarded and quite numerous.  Boys wore skirts to school, people had mohawks, cheerleaders wore Nitzer Ebb t-shirts, etc.  I can't recall a single instance of anyone ever being made fun of in my highschool of 1800 kids.  Just was not an issue.  Everyone was pretty chill with everyone else, regardless of color, class or creed.

I think there are always locations where this is much more of a problem than others.

EDIT: Also, I'm sorry, but I find it hard to not be a prick to someone whose response to genuine tragedy is "Oh go cry moar(sic) because your emo ass is getting kicked."  That is not an indication of intelligence.  And clearly I am the bigger person, just look at my font.
« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2008, 17:49 by zerodrone »

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #21 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:48 »

ZD,calm down dude. You don't have to read their post. The regulars you enjoy conversing with usually have distinctive avatars, just scroll until you find them. Be cool. It isn't worth arguing sometimes. Infact, lately you've seemed pretty counter productive.

I think in the 80s just about everybody was using too much hair gel, and so they couldn't really say or do anything to anybody 'alternative' without being a huge hypocrite.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #22 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:51 »

ZD,calm down dude.

I am being calm.  I am calmly being absurdist and obnoxious in telling him to fuck off for being an insensitive dipshit.

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #23 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:56 »

See, this is what I am talking about. The humour doesn't always come through on the internet, and you just end up looking like a nutjob. Half of the forum will come away thinking 'Heh' and the other half will be thinking 'what a jerk'. It's not the most fair and accurate representation of yourself that you can show to people.
That said, I guess that divide could happen to people who meet you in person too.

Ultra Violence

« Reply #24 on: 27 Mar 2008, 18:02 »

Seriously, I am so fucking sick of the last six months of new posters who swagger in without lurking and proceed to try and be a "bad boy" and wave their e-dicks around with painfully cringeworthy attempts at being The New Cool Clever Guy.

Basically at this point I have just snapped and the forum can fuck itself.  The regulars who talk about things in a thoughtful and interesting manner are being drowned out by the unwashed tide of teenage message board smartasses and to quote the greatest band in the history of ever, Dink, "Frankly, I'm getting a little ticked off."
You're just a forum elitist.

Thinking you are god over this small realm casting out anyone that dares stand up against you.

I've seen too many of your type.

You're just filled to the brim with over-used internet sayings that you spurt from every orifice on cue.

Warning - while you were typing 4 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Damn MSN.

Ok.

Nice double post there.

Infact, lately you've seemed pretty counter productive.
I concur.

I am being calm.  I am calmly being absurdist and obnoxious in telling him to fuck off for being an insensitive dipshit.
Calmly is size 20 font all in caps lock?

Haha.

Oh wow.

See, this is what I am talking about. The humour doesn't always come through on the internet, and you just end up looking like a nutjob. Half of the forum will come away thinking 'Heh' and the other half will be thinking 'what a jerk'. It's not the most fair and accurate representation of yourself that you can show to people.
That said, I guess that divide could happen to people who meet you in person too.
I have neither of those views.

He's just going about the whole "dickhead" thing the wrong way.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #25 on: 27 Mar 2008, 18:03 »

Actually, no, half of everyone thinking I'm amusing and charming and half of them thinking I'm a nutjob is a pretty good representation of my real life personality!

I never shout in real life though.  Unless I'm singing.

Ultra Violence

« Reply #26 on: 27 Mar 2008, 18:04 »

Actually, no, half of everyone thinking I'm amusing and charming and half of them thinking I'm a nutjob is a pretty good representation of my real life personality!

I never shout in real life though.  Unless I'm singing.
Holy shit.

Who gave you some cat-nip.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #27 on: 27 Mar 2008, 18:08 »

You're just a forum elitist.

Thinking you are god over this small realm casting out anyone that dares stand up against you.

I've seen too many of your type.

You're just filled to the brim with over-used internet sayings that you spurt from every orifice on cue.

A review of the majority of my posting history would show this all to be completely untrue.

I don't care if people "stand up to me".  I'm one of the least-liked people on this forum (well, maybe it's half and half).  A lot of people don't "get" me.  I'm fine with that.  Some people do.  I'm fine with that, too.

I just honestly think you're a fucking asshole for making light of the fact that violence is being committed against people.

Feel free to be a real man and apologise and I'll gladly ignore you from now on.

I, too, have seen many of "your type".  Everyone on a message board is a type.  Nobody is a unique snowflake.

It doesn't help that I saw that your first post was in the General board asking "What are the rules and how can I break them?"

Ultra Violence

« Reply #28 on: 27 Mar 2008, 18:16 »

A review of the majority of my posting history would show this all to be completely untrue.
Thanks Columbo.

I don't care if people "stand up to me".  I'm one of the least-liked people on this forum (well, maybe it's half and half).  A lot of people don't "get" me.  I'm fine with that.  Some people do.  I'm fine with that, too.

I just honestly think you're a fucking asshole for making light of the fact that violence is being committed against people.
Well you'd know all about fucking asshole now wouldn't you (LOL GAY JOKE LOL).

In all seriousness it shows that you think people dislike you. I can feel your teenage angst from here for Christ's sake.

Feel free to be a real man and apologise and I'll gladly ignore you from now on.
Oh hahahah wow.

I, too, have seen many of "your type".  Everyone on a message board is a type.  Nobody is a unique snowflake.
It doesn't help that I saw that your first post was in the General board asking "What are the rules and how can I break them?"
I'm a troll for my first few posts.

Testing the waters if you will.

If you're gonna quote do it right.

So what are the rules like here.
I see no rule thread.
What's the limit of these forums.
Who feels like testing them with me?

As you can see "What are the rules and how can I break them?" is not there.

So you fall flat on your ass again.

Jesus H Christ these forums are super cereal.

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #29 on: 27 Mar 2008, 18:23 »

I'm sorry Ultra Violence, but arguing with someone by calling them Columbo isn't the greatest way to get your point across.
Also, Sox, Zerodrone really isn't that bad as far as these forums go. Wait until Kieffer is done taking a break from the internet, or if Chuck ever decides to show his face again. Those two do not tolerate new posters that slap culture into their comebacks without saying anything of value.
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

Ultra Violence

« Reply #30 on: 27 Mar 2008, 18:29 »

I'm sorry Ultra Violence, but arguing with someone by calling them Columbo isn't the greatest way to get your point across.
Also, Sox, Zerodrone really isn't that bad as far as these forums go. Wait until Kieffer is done taking a break from the internet, or if Chuck ever decides to show his face again. Those two do not tolerate new posters that slap culture into their comebacks without saying anything of value.
No you're right.

I should have said "Gee wiz sorry chum I didn't realise, even though I can't look through all your posts due to the profiles being blocked off I went to the effort of searching for each and EVEYRONE of your posts and saw that infact you are wrong. Oh well we can still be the very bestest friends".

I don't roll that way.

These forums are so fucking serious and slow, also you're threatening me with people...

Show me what YOU have got.

Also people that take breaks from the internet and someone most likely named after Chuck Norris are of no concern to me.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #31 on: 27 Mar 2008, 18:30 »

In all seriousness it shows that you think people dislike you. I can feel your teenage angst from here for Christ's sake.

I'm 32.  I haven't cared if people like me or not in my entire life, because in my entire life, I have always found that enough people like me to balance out those that don't.

But hey, at least you admitted you were trolling.  Congratulations!  You admit to breaking the code of etiquette around here!  You deserve every bit of hazing you get.

I got hazed when I first showed up and I didn't even troll.  It's how message boards work, hoss.

Ultra Violence

« Reply #32 on: 27 Mar 2008, 18:33 »

I'm 32.
Jesus.

Now I just feel sorry for you.

MusicScribbles

• John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #33 on: 27 Mar 2008, 18:33 »

UltraViolence, do you think I'm threatening you? I was talking to Sox, which is shown by the way I addressed him. Please read my quote as I believe it pertains here. Good day.
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

imapiratearg

« Reply #34 on: 27 Mar 2008, 18:34 »

Seriously, UltraViolence, you haven't put a word in edgewise about the topic at hand aside from an incredibly pompous statement.

There is.  It's in the "Hi, I'm New" forums right here.  There's a bit about trolling, too.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #35 on: 27 Mar 2008, 18:36 »

I'm 32.
Jesus.

Now I just feel sorry for you.

I don't even know what this means.

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #36 on: 27 Mar 2008, 18:39 »

I think kieffer left these forums for Hipinion. May he fit in comfortably and find the peace he was looking for.

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #37 on: 27 Mar 2008, 19:01 »

This guy's a real riot. If he's willing to stick around, can I keep him?
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

Ultra Violence

« Reply #38 on: 27 Mar 2008, 19:11 »

Seriously, UltraViolence, you haven't put a word in edgewise about the topic at hand aside from an incredibly pompous statement.
There is.  It's in the "Hi, I'm New" forums right here.  There's a bit about trolling, too.
Argh.

I meant there isn't "What are the rules and how can I break them?" in what I said you douche.

Also why would "What are the rules and how can I break them?" be in the rules...

UltraViolence, do you think I'm threatening you? I was talking to Sox, which is shown by the way I addressed him. Please read my quote as I believe it pertains here. Good day.
I know you weren't threatening me.

I was replying since you talked to me in the first sentence.

You're now my sex slave.

idiolect

« Reply #39 on: 27 Mar 2008, 19:12 »

Jesus, guys, why don't you all just get a room.

Re: the OP -- you guys all seem to be missing something:

The attacks are reportedly coming from metal, punk and rockabilly music fans who dislike the emo look and attitude, according to LA Weekly’s Daniel Hernandez.

Okay, now, usually in my experience, when a newspaper talks about "punk music fans" they're usually not actually talking about some dude's music taste, but rather a subcultural affiliation.  Let's see what happens:

Meanwhile, Chile is also seeing a wave of violence against emo, with TV station Chilevision showing an attack on a group of PokEMOns by skinheads. Emo’s in Chile are known as PokEMOns.  (emphasis added)

This story has pretty much nothing to do with emo kids being SO VERY SPECIAL in being picked on, and everything to do with skinheads being violent jackasses.  If indie/emo/whatever types spent nearly as much time actually inside a real city and interacting with real subcultures as they sometimes pretend they do, they'd know that.  This is more like gang warfare than anything else, except the gang being attacked doesn't know it's a gang.

cheerleaders wore Nitzer Ebb t-shirts

Aw.  I would have joined that squad.  All of ours were just your standard bland blondes.

Spluff

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • it is time to party
« Reply #40 on: 27 Mar 2008, 19:14 »

Emo’s in Chile are known as PokEMOns

What? That makes me wonder about the validity of the whole article.

[EDIT - A bit of searching came up with this, which makes me wonder. Apparently the 'pokemons' all get together in large public orgies, which I guess could explain the attacks by skinheads.
« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2008, 19:29 by Spluff »
[16:27] Ozy:  has joined the room
[16:27] Quietus: porn necklace!
[16:27] Quietus: Shove it up yer vag!
[16:27] Ozy: has left the room

Ikrik

« Reply #41 on: 27 Mar 2008, 19:17 »

no....Cricket.  People are ASSASSINATED over Cricket.  I think it was India's team manager that was killed by an angry mob.  The game is incredibly confusing and boring and there are people murdering each other over it.

karl gambolputty...

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #42 on: 27 Mar 2008, 19:25 »

This story has pretty much nothing to do with emo kids being SO VERY SPECIAL in being picked on, and everything to do with skinheads being violent jackasses.
This is more like gang warfare than anything else, except the gang being attacked doesn't know it's a gang.

Those two sentences don't really go too well together.  If a gang of violent jackasses go out and beat the shit out of members of a different subculture who are for all intents and purposes defenseless, at least in the sense that they 'have no idea they're in a gang', because they 'dislike their look and attitude', then yeah, the second group are kind of special, ya?

And new guy, hi there.  Welcome.  We're all impressed, and know your name now, so you can go ahead and cut it out.  Thanks champ.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #43 on: 27 Mar 2008, 19:54 »

I'm one of the least-liked people on this forum

I like you. jsyk.

Streltsy

« Reply #44 on: 27 Mar 2008, 20:12 »

It's sort of obvious from his name (UltraViolence) that he wouldn't have a problem with the issue, if it is genuine that is. UltraViolence is a term which implies irrational violence for no particular rational reason, could his contribution be anything other than derailment?
Still, he choose a rather uncreative way of doing it. Anyone else get the vibe that this is some dumbfuck who somehow staggered in from the WoW or 4chan boards?

---
On Topic

Unoriginal Freudian position:
All societies have neurotic tics, the more suppressed violence is the weirder and/or horrible the nuerosis becomes; wars, irrational violence, wrestling (+outlet for homoeroticism as well), hentai, and whatever the fuck else.
I think we need to recognize that violence is part of the human condition and find healthy outlets (let’s bring back coliseums  :-P ).

idiolect

« Reply #45 on: 27 Mar 2008, 20:26 »

This story has pretty much nothing to do with emo kids being SO VERY SPECIAL in being picked on, and everything to do with skinheads being violent jackasses.
This is more like gang warfare than anything else, except the gang being attacked doesn't know it's a gang.

Those two sentences don't really go too well together.  If a gang of violent jackasses go out and beat the shit out of members of a different subculture who are for all intents and purposes defenseless, at least in the sense that they 'have no idea they're in a gang', because they 'dislike their look and attitude', then yeah, the second group are kind of special, ya?

Not if the attackers do that and have been doing that for decades to a variety of similarly unsuspecting subcultures.  Well, some subcultures have been less unsuspecting, I suppose, just because skinheads' reputation generally preceeds them, especially in areas where this sort of thing is frequent.  All I'm saying is that skins beating up some kids they don't like the looks of is absolutely nothing new, and has pretty much nothing to do with the kids being beaten up and everything to do with skins just being assholes like that. 

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #46 on: 27 Mar 2008, 20:39 »

no....Cricket.  People are ASSASSINATED over Cricket.  I think it was India's team manager that was killed by an angry mob.  The game is incredibly confusing and boring and there are people murdering each other over it.

Pakistan's, actually.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

dalconnsuch

« Reply #47 on: 27 Mar 2008, 20:44 »

*beats the crap out of an emo kid*

what?

ImRonBurgundy?

• "That's all," he added.
« Reply #48 on: 27 Mar 2008, 21:23 »

Emo’s in Chile are known as PokEMOns

I can only assume that this is pronounced like "Pokey moans".
You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?

imagist42

• more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #49 on: 27 Mar 2008, 21:30 »

You're now my sex slave.

hahahahahahahahah

hahaha
ha

this is unimaginably funny

P.S.: Sorry, I belong to James Murphy.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up