Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 08 Dec 2021, 01:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Other Forum  (Read 27987 times)

Caspian

• The Tickler
Re: Tell Us About Your Other Forum
« Reply #100 on: 28 Apr 2008, 07:48 »

MA and QC are pretty much polar opposites. A thick skin is required.

I'm pretty sure I could make pretty much everyone at this allegedly thick skinned forum cry and I'm not even the worst person on here.

Perhaps it's just the music board that's all delicate and fairy like here, then. I haven't been to the rest of the forums all that much.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #101 on: 28 Apr 2008, 07:58 »

Don't listen to jon, people are nice around here, and that's the way I likes it.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #102 on: 28 Apr 2008, 08:24 »

People are nice, but there's a world of difference between "nice" and "thin skinned."
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #103 on: 28 Apr 2008, 08:52 »

You and Kieffer combined would be like the Double Dragon of harsh.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #104 on: 28 Apr 2008, 09:33 »

I don't even approach the level of harshness Kieffer exudes.
JON MADE ME GAY

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #105 on: 28 Apr 2008, 09:38 »

But you're probably the closest.  Which is what counts.  And, you're from Boston.
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #106 on: 28 Apr 2008, 09:45 »

I dunno, I honestly do enjoy having a reputation of relative harshness, but I've always gotten the impression that Chuck is Kieffer's runner up in terms of bluntness and brutal honesty (Though without the complete lack of tact and discretion Kieffer has).
JON MADE ME GAY

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #107 on: 28 Apr 2008, 10:10 »

Yes, but you've got a higher postcount, invariably meaning you're harsh more often.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #108 on: 28 Apr 2008, 10:30 »

jesus christ

tommydski

• Awakened
    • Pocket Jury
« Reply #109 on: 28 Apr 2008, 10:49 »

The thing about being a complete fuckwit to everyone on the internet is that it's incredibly lazy and very easy to do. It's a lot, lot harder to be completely reasonable, polite and affable.

Ultimately, you know that anyone who spends their time chastising other folks on the internet does it because they are projecting their real-world inadequacies and shortcomings in a place where they can do so without fear of repercussions. The one thing you can guarantee if you see someone acting like an asshat online is that they are absolutely miserable with their own existence. Trolling is not the action of someone who is happy or content with who they are. The best thing you can do is ignore them because having to live with themselves is punishment enough. Don't reward attention seeking, it's just a waste of your precious, precious time.
Quote from: Ozymandias
One minute we're playing Mario Kart, the next my penis is in your mouth - it just happens.

NarwhalSunshine

« Reply #110 on: 28 Apr 2008, 12:35 »

My main forum (sorry QC) is the Metal-Archives forum board.
I got banned from there, a few of us myspace metal reg badasses decided to troll you. The forum was kinda lame and redundant but you guys made trolling worth it with the low IQ of the general population. I have never seen so many misuses of the word emo since I got banned from the sims 2 forum.

Caspian

• The Tickler
« Reply #111 on: 28 Apr 2008, 18:55 »

I got banned from there, a few of us myspace metal reg badasses decided to troll you. The forum was kinda lame and redundant but you guys made trolling worth it with the low IQ of the general population. I have never seen so many misuses of the word emo since I got banned from the sims 2 forum.

yeah, certainly there's a lot of guys in the forum who aren't particularly intelligent. But hey, it's a metal forum, certainly that's to be expected. Also: You ARE a poster of a Myspace Metal forum. Pot calling the kettle black? :D

NarwhalSunshine

« Reply #112 on: 28 Apr 2008, 19:20 »

yeah, certainly there's a lot of guys in the forum who aren't particularly intelligent. But hey, it's a metal forum, certainly that's to be expected. Also: You ARE a poster of a Myspace Metal forum. Pot calling the kettle black? :D
touche sir

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #113 on: 28 Apr 2008, 19:21 »

Pot calling the METAL black?

Liz

« Reply #114 on: 29 Apr 2008, 13:21 »

The thing about being a complete fuckwit to everyone on the internet is that it's incredibly lazy and very easy to do. It's a lot, lot harder to be completely reasonable, polite and affable.

I think I manage to pull this off. Perhaps that's just from my point of view.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #115 on: 29 Apr 2008, 13:42 »

Liz, you're a fucking dick.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Liz

« Reply #116 on: 29 Apr 2008, 13:53 »

:cry:
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #117 on: 01 May 2008, 16:54 »

I joined the HomestarRunner Wiki Forums literally three hours ago.  I've only got a post or two so far, and I haven't even lurked that much, but I'll take a stab at this:

* What is the forum about?
homestarrunner.com, the corresponding wiki, and appreciation thereof.

* How long have you been on the forum?
Since about 4 or 5 this afternoon.

* What kind of forumite are you there? Are you a Lurker or a Troll? Are you Old Reliable? Are you the Token Hottie? Please expand.
Still a lurker, since I'm still getting a feel for the waters.

* Who else posts on this forum?
A not-so-healthy blend of rabid fanboys/girls, casual posters, and people who take the forum waaaaay too seriously.  It's a really odd community, way different from, QC or, say, Aurostion.

* Have their been any OMG scandals?!
There's something of one going on now.  This one guy (lahimatoa) is getting really uppity about the use of the Lord's name in vain, and that people can't say Jesus on the board (they're really uptight about adult language).  Basically it boils down to him being all "blah blah blah you guys hate christians bloo bla bloo" and everybody else is very nicely just saying "dude, stop being a dick and get over it."  Plus this guy Rusty is pretty much their version of Kieffer.

* If we were to join the forum, how could we hope to blend in?
Having an appreciation for HSR or the wiki would get you by in the subfora about said topics.  In the off-topic places... Jesus, I don't even know. Shit is ridiculous.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up