THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Do u liek boobs????  (Read 102881 times)

karl gambolputty...

• FIGHT YOU
Re: Do u liek boobs????
« Reply #350 on: 07 Apr 2008, 09:40 »

Dumping a dude because he hasn't heard of Pushkin sounds pretty silly to me. 

Then again, my snootiness about music has gotten between me and boobs a few times. "Who's Bob Dylan?" is just a deal-breaker,  no matter how rocking your tits are.  No couple  needs to have completely identical interests, but you need to have some overlap, if only to have something to talk about. 

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #351 on: 07 Apr 2008, 09:51 »

tbh i am the same way with sonic youth. i can tolerate not having heard anything by them, but the second i make someone a mix and the feedback i get is "it's just stupid noise" - it's done.
it doesn't make them a shitty person, it just means they don't get to be my boyfriend or see my vagina. there's standards and then there's standards.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #352 on: 07 Apr 2008, 09:56 »

My fiancee did not find it funny at all when I joked that maybe I should date her friend because of musical tastes.

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #353 on: 07 Apr 2008, 10:04 »

I've heard of people who won't date people who like/don't like certain bands or certain kinds of music.  It seems kinda dumb to me.  Especially if she has nice boobs (joke - just to keep things on topic).

My sister once went out with this guy a few times, and at some point, he mentioned that he was saving up for a new monster truck.  "Monster truck?" she asked (hoping it wasn't what she thought he meant).  Yeah, huge monster truck.  The kind with six-foot-high tires that can crush regular cars, and you need a stepladder to just get into the vehicle.  He loved monster trucks and wouldn't even consider dating a girl who wasn't totally into monster trucks.

So they apparently weren't "dating" but just going out.  Okay.  She told him that she definitely wasn't "totally into monster trucks" and that of course was their last "date" (or whatever).  She complained to me that he was so shallow, and that it didn't make any sense to narrow your field of potential partners based on how much they love monster trucks.  I agreed, but also pointed out to her that she'd narrowed her own field by eliminating people who like monster trucks.  I was just messing with her, because it's obviously not the same thing, but she got all mad and defensive, because it's obviously not the same thing.  I hate it when that happens.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #354 on: 07 Apr 2008, 10:09 »

Just for you, Tommy.  Just for you.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

imapiratearg

• Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
« Reply #355 on: 07 Apr 2008, 10:51 »

tbh i am the same way with sonic youth. i can tolerate not having heard anything by them, but the second i make someone a mix and the feedback i get is "it's just stupid noise" - it's done.
it doesn't make them a shitty person, it just means they don't get to be my boyfriend or see my vagina. there's standards and then there's standards.

Anyone who has not heard of Sonic Youth is dead to me.  Sorry!  However, this feat is probably manageable if you live underground.  In which case, you probably are dead.
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2008, 10:54 by imapiratearg »

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #356 on: 07 Apr 2008, 10:56 »

Except if you're dead, you can't live underground. :lol:

imapiratearg

« Reply #357 on: 07 Apr 2008, 10:58 »

Formalities, schmormalities.

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #358 on: 07 Apr 2008, 11:30 »

Well, considering how much time I spend listening to music, I don't see why it would be silly of me avoid getting into anything long-term with someone who either can't stand the music I listen to, or who tends to listen to music I really don't like! They don't have to ignorant philistines to be incompatible!

I avoid making close friendships with vegans for the same reason.
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #359 on: 07 Apr 2008, 11:37 »

I don't make friendships with vegans because they're usually insufferable pricks. If I ever meet a vegan who isn't obnoxiously self-righteous then I'd be happy to be friends, but I've never met one.

Going even further off-topic, vegans are the reason I stopped being an asshole to smokers.
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2008, 11:39 by jhocking »

Chrasstor

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • ?Four dollars and x amount of cents
« Reply #360 on: 07 Apr 2008, 11:47 »

I'm pretty sure the only reason people even become vegans is because they have so much hate bottled up inside.

As for the music thing, a girl that liked the music I like would be fucking awesome... I don't really see how it's an odd preference to have. I get really into the music that I listen to, as I'm sure a lot of people do... And if you can't listen to some Devendra Banhart or some Vanderslice every once and in a while, I just don't know how it would work. I mean, I understand that most non-pop music is an acquired taste, but, if you aren't even willing to get attached it'd be a big turn off. See, basically, what it would come down to is, are you into even the same genre of music?

I dunno, whatever... This is actually probably a huge look into why I don't get laid.

EDIT: Next time I type once and a while there will be a lynchin.
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2008, 12:02 by Chrasstor »

öde

« Reply #361 on: 07 Apr 2008, 11:57 »

Joe Hocking is the reason I stopped being an asshole to my teachers.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #362 on: 07 Apr 2008, 12:18 »

I'm pretty sure the only reason people even become vegans is because they have so much hate bottled up inside.

page 8 and this thread is on fire
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2008, 13:46 by jhocking »

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #363 on: 07 Apr 2008, 12:27 »

basically, what it would come down to is, are you into even the same genre of music?

pretty much! i see this as very similar to the bit about sharing the same thought processes mentioned earlier. i think it's pretty reasonable. having some standards is really just saying you wouldn't be in a committed relationship with simply anybody.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #364 on: 07 Apr 2008, 12:32 »

It'd be incredibly annoying to date someone with the same musical taste as me. I am a big fan of twee cutesy pop music. All Girl Summer Fun Band write the best songs about love ever. If I was in a relationship with a dude who agreed with me in this respect, it would probably be fucking obnoxious to everyone else. I mean, don't get me wrong I am super into music and I would appreciate a boy who was also super into music, just maybe not the same music as me.

And I also think the book thing makes sense! I was once dating this super cute and incredibly sweet boy who was the kind of person who would call me at midnight to discuss the Kierkegaard he was reading, which I just could not stand. The book thing wasn't a deal breaker or anything, but it WAS indicative of our many differences.

As for boobies: I love mine and I don't think I could be with a boy who didn't love them as much as I do!
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

karl gambolputty...

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #365 on: 07 Apr 2008, 12:41 »

I think it would be pretty great to date someone with similar musical tastes as mine, as long as she wasn't as obsessive about it as me.  That would be a disaster.  Endlessly fighting over which Pixies album was their best one, or whether The New Year holds a candle to Bedhead, interrupted only by frenzied make-up sex while listening to Mogwai...  it would be one long sexy nightmare.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #366 on: 07 Apr 2008, 12:47 »

The only reason I've ever considered becoming a vegan is because the only people I've ever heard complain about the idea have been insufferable pricks. I changed my mind though, because becoming a vegan under such pretenses would really only be proving them right. By contrast, my old vegan GF was practically a saint.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #367 on: 07 Apr 2008, 12:52 »

I know two decent vegans. One is perpetually coked out of his mind and therefore incapable of ever being a prick (or anything else really) and the other is actually a rather charming musician friend I met at a Sigur Ros show. The rest of the vegans I know inevitably suck and often compel me to collect steak drippings with which to douse them the next time they start their masturbatory rants regarding the evils of non-vegan dietary habits.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #368 on: 07 Apr 2008, 12:52 »

I was once dating this super cute and incredibly sweet boy who was the kind of person who would call me at midnight to discuss the Kierkegaard he was reading, which I just could not stand.

man i am not big on philosophy at all so i completely understand where you are coming from. being a philosophy major is a huge deal-breaker for me, if only because (from my experience) every philosophy major i know just wants to talk about philosophy, all the time, every day. and i don't care, i'm sorry. i'm glad you're passionate about it! you're not going to get me to like philosophy though, because i see things pretty much the way they are and philosophy, for me, i read it and it's just ideas, and they're impractical, and i'll never actually apply them to anything.

reason for tangent: my housemates recently were sort of miffed at me for turning down a boy who basically just wanted to talk about his philosophy classes all the time and i kept trying to explain how i simply do not care about nietzsche like, at all, but they still complained and left me feeling kind of shallow. also he was really weird and overly sensitive about everything. and he liked my chemical romance. come on!
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2008, 12:54 by ephemere »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #369 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:01 »

Yeah, I found out that being a Philosophy major was only neat in theory. I went to a couple of lectures and came away thinking "This must be what my friends feel like whenever I run my mouth about Dungeons and Dragons errata."
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #370 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:05 »

Quote from: ephemere
reason for tangent: my housemates recently were sort of miffed at me for turning down a boy who basically just wanted to talk about his philosophy classes all the time and i kept trying to explain how i simply do not care about nietzsche like, at all, but they still complained and left me feeling kind of shallow. also he was really weird and overly sensitive about everything. and he liked my chemical romance. come on!

You could have been the woman who introduced him to Neutral Milk Hotel and Of Montreal, and taught him how to make conversation, but instead you cast him back into the pool of sensitive guys.  Be assured that your name and description have been dessiminated through the sensitive guy network for payback when, years from now, you yearn for a guy with something slightly more profound going on in his life than getting a new mountain bike or getting wrecked at the Horseshoe (you're living in Toronto at this point for some reason) and can't find one.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #371 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:16 »

the only people I've ever heard complain about the idea have been insufferable pricks

Well there's the issue, people who complain constantly in either direction are pretty annoying.
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2008, 13:46 by jhocking »

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #372 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:20 »

to be fair, vegans really are pretty much single handedly saving the world. most people focus on animal rights issues, but in this day and age eating animal based products is really shockingly detrimental to the environment and uses a ridiculous amount of resources.
i am not a vegan.

still, all the more reason for them to take the higher ground and be nice so that, you know... people will actually care about the cause instead of automatically associating veganism with being an asshole.
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2008, 13:22 by ephemere »

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #373 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:25 »

Does a vegan diet affect your boobs?

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #374 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:28 »

I hear Ted Leo is actually pretty nice.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #375 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:29 »

I hate the militant vegans.

The "ZOMG WOULD YOU EAT YOUR DOG? NO? THEN WHY WOULD YOU EAT LIVESTOCK PRODUCTS, YOU EVIL PIG!" types.

You don't know how tempted I am to answer the first question with yes. :lol:

And, I know a vegan who's not at all militant, and is perfectly reasonable. Not only that, but he doesn't even mind cooking meat products for someone else - his GF isn't even vegetarian.

(Of course, the stereotypical militant vegan is offended by meat products even being anywhere nearby.)

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #376 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:29 »

apparently being a vegan makes semen taste pretty great. and i guess the... female equivalent. vagina fluid? what do i say without sounding creepy?
it makes your partner really not mind performing oral sex on you...?

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #377 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:36 »

It's cause your eating more fruit and less meat -- more sugar and less salt.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #378 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:37 »

Man people really gotta learn to tailor their messages. Telling most people about environmental problems from eating meat won't have any effect, and being strident will just alienate them, but start spreading rumors that "if you're vegan, she'll swallow" and you'd have a mass movement in no time.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #379 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:38 »

Could someone try to explain the swallowing thing in a way that doesn't involve domination/subjugation?  I've never understood it.

Quote from: Patrick
I hear Ted Leo is actually pretty nice.

C'mon, vegan hostility comes from the insecurity of people who believe they are being judged and can't take it.  It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.  Judging vegans by PETA members and campus protestors is like judging omnivores by the guys who were electric shocking cows so that they would stop stumbling and get slaughtered for elementary school lunches.  It's really stupid.

Quote from: jhocking

Going vegan usually means losing weight.  And breasts are made mostly of fatty tissue (NSFW).  But if you prefer shapely ones over big ones, it's OK.
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2008, 13:41 by pilsner »

morca007

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #380 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:40 »

I don't make friendships with vegans because they're usually insufferable pricks.
This.
jhocking is onto something though.

Also: ephemere- That is the reason I am always embarassed to reveal my major to people, they think that is all I'm going to talk about. That or they think I'm just a goddamn slacker like most Phil majors. I swear, some of us are decent people!

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #381 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:41 »

She's right though, Pilsner! My boy (who was indeed a philosophy major) just wanted to talk about philosophy all the time and really not much else! Even if you tried to discuss something else, they will find a way to bring in some old dead philosopher. I don't think these types of boys really should be changed- they should just maybe look for someone who is as passionate about philosophy as they are, since for all their obvious intelligence, they cannot comprehend how someone else could possibly not enjoy discussing minutiae of Metamorphosis.

Though I guess that is just the same as me just not being able to comprehend why everyone ever doesn't love underground music. I couldn't date a person who wasn't into it (be it pop, metal, hip-hop, whatever!) just because it is such a giant part of my life, and those philosophy dudes are probably the same about what is such a big part of their life.

Sidenote about food and stuff! I eat locally grown food from the farmer's market! That is helping the environment I'd say just as much as vegans! My meat when it is alive hang out in pastures and moo at people going by. It is a little odd eating something you've once petted. (This is where I would make a joke about that re: oral sex)
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #382 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:42 »

Going vegan usually means losing weight.  And breasts are made mostly of fatty tissue (NSFW).  But if you prefer shapely ones over big ones, it's OK.

I typed in www.veganboobs.com really really hoping it's an actual website, but no go.

talking about cows
(This is where I would make a joke about that re: oral sex)

aargh my eyes
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2008, 13:44 by jhocking »

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #383 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:43 »

I kind of think we need a thread split, considering all the relationship talk.
Hate, rain on me

imapiratearg

« Reply #384 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:44 »

Man people really gotta learn to tailor their messages. Telling most people about environmental problems from eating meat won't have any effect, and being strident will just alienate them, but start spreading rumors that "if you're vegan, she'll swallow" and you'd have a mass movement in no time.

I laughed at this joke, but I also intrigued about being vegan now.  Man, if I wasn't of Italian heritage, it would probably be a breeze for me to convert, but chicken parmesean is one of the most delicious dishes on the face of the planet.

I would have no problem dating a vegan girl, though.  I prefer shape and proportion over size.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #385 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:45 »

Eggplant parmesan is superior to chicken parmesan. Still not vegan, but moving in the right direction.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #386 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:45 »

i don't know, i eat meat only about twice a week and i've had tons of vegetarians and vegans tell me it doesn't count and i have to either go full out or nothing. it's kind of silly. i mean, yeah global warming is probably real and all, but would you tell someone they were either allowed to have a car and be a terrible person, or have no car and be part of the solution? obviously if everyone collectively just drives less it'll still make a significant impact.
i treat meat as a luxury cos to me it kind of is. i do get annoyed by vegetarians/vegans who make me feel like a shitty person regardless because it goes to show how uninformed they are about their own cause.

imapiratearg

« Reply #387 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:47 »

I would try to drive less, but you simply cannot avoid it here in Vermont.

Also, I've never had eggplant.  I've heard it's good, though.

I kind of think we need a thread split, considering all the relationship talk.

We are also drifting away from boobs and towards veganism/vegetarianism.  More tit-talk, people (including myself)!
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2008, 13:49 by imapiratearg »

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #388 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:48 »

Hate, rain on me

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #389 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:50 »

Quote from: jhocking
I typed in www.veganboobs.com really really hoping it's an actual website, but no go.

Umm, that was the sound of opportunity knocking.  Let's get in on the ground floor.  Vegan ladies will send us pictures of their boobs so that we can demonstrate the benefits of going vegan.

Quote from: BritannyMarie
She's right though, Pilsner! My boy (who was indeed a philosophy major) just wanted to talk about philosophy all the time and really not much else! Even if you tried to discuss something else, they will find a way to bring in some old dead philosopher. I don't think these types of boys really should be changed- they should just maybe look for someone who is as passionate about philosophy as they are, since for all their obvious intelligence, they cannot comprehend how someone else could possibly not enjoy discussing minutiae of Metamorphosis.

It's usually a phase.  I went through it.  A lot of guys who like reading go through it.  One of three things happens:

(1) Boy gets disillusioned with philosophy, becomes lawyer or investment banker but never forgets that lady he met in the library over an open volume of Heidegger.

(2) Boy continues to make a career out of philosophy as doctoral student/professor/cult leader/motivational speaker but also learns to discuss other stuff that might not bore the fuck out of 99% of the population.

(3) Boy dies a smelly virgin.
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2008, 13:52 by pilsner »

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #390 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:52 »

Could someone try to explain the swallowing thing in a way that doesn't involve domination/subjugation?

this is a really subpar answer, but i have never minded the taste of semen so if i'm with a guy i really like, i'll do it on account it's a nice thing to do and he will probably appreciate it a lot. if i don't really like the guy chances are i won't go down on him in the first place.

if a girl really hates swallowing i don't think she should do it.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #391 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:55 »

What I'm basically wondering is why a guy would prefer this in the first place.  Like why is it a turn on to have your bodily secretions ingested.  It's not like it feels good to the guy.

I'm thinking it's sort of like that thing where you act like you don't mind kissing someone on the mouth who's just gone down on you (even if you kind of do) but that's about reciprocation so . . . . .

imapiratearg

« Reply #392 on: 07 Apr 2008, 13:57 »

Okay, that's kind of weird.  I never really thought of it that way.  The way I saw it is it's nice enough of a girl to do the job in the first place, so she doesn't really have to go the extra length and swallow.  You know?  I mean, I'd appreciate a blowjob either way.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #393 on: 07 Apr 2008, 14:07 »

(achewood)

I don't know whether or not to be silently angry at you for posting Achewood, or whether or not to love you for posting THAT Achewood.

On the subject of swallowing... Idunno maybe it's just me but I would feel hella weird having a girl go licky-licky on my wang. I mean I'm sure it feels fuckin' fantastic and all, but still.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #394 on: 07 Apr 2008, 14:09 »

To be honest, the idea of getting a blowjob doesn't really turn me on. Therefore, I wouldn't really care if she swallowed or not.

I don't know why, but... the idea of giving a woman oral just turns me on more than the idea of receiving oral.

(Not that I've experienced either. :|)

imapiratearg

« Reply #395 on: 07 Apr 2008, 14:12 »

I feel kind of bad that I am not particularly fond of giving a girl oral.  Is vagina an acquired taste or something?

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #396 on: 07 Apr 2008, 14:15 »

mess, seeping, stains

this is why i absolutely hate when guys want to ejaculate inside me during sex (i am on birth control, so pregnancy isn't a big issue here). sorry if it hurts your feelings, collective men, but... come on, pretend you're me. it's kind of gross.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #397 on: 07 Apr 2008, 14:24 »

don't you have better things to talk about? i thought you like music and stuff.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #398 on: 07 Apr 2008, 14:32 »

good for you!

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #399 on: 07 Apr 2008, 14:40 »

this is why i absolutely hate when guys want to ejaculate inside me during sex (i am on birth control, so pregnancy isn't a big issue here). sorry if it hurts your feelings, collective men, but... come on, pretend you're me. it's kind of gross.
Of course, there are the studies saying that some compounds in semen can act as an anti-depressant for the woman.

(I forget where I read that stuff, though. Slashdot, maybe?)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up