THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 07:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who is going to be most ticked off by Faye's confession?

Dora
- 24 (37.5%)
Marten
- 13 (20.3%)
Raven
- 17 (26.6%)
Sven
- 2 (3.1%)
Nobody
- 5 (7.8%)
Other
- 3 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: 09 Mar 2008, 21:00

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who is going to be most ticked off by Faye's confession?  (Read 25847 times)

Sooozie

Re: Who is going to be most ticked off by Faye's confession?
« Reply #50 on: 11 Mar 2008, 13:47 »

Um, I'm having a REAL hard time understanding why Faye has to tell ANYONE.  I think this is a very strange storyline.  Why is her sex life any of Dora's or Marten's business???
« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2008, 13:52 by Sooozie »

shauba

« Reply #51 on: 11 Mar 2008, 13:48 »

So even though he didn't get upset you guys think he will.

FAYE AND MARTEN 4EVER

OMGFANGURL*SQUEEEEEEE*

I am with you 100%
 :laugh:

shauba

« Reply #52 on: 11 Mar 2008, 14:02 »

I'M having a hard time understanding why everyone is so civil.

And why Faye didn't do something like this sooner. And with manipulative intent.

It seems that usually in a group of almost ten people, maybe one would be a really decent drama-free person (masks aside). In this group the closest we get to bad or crazy is Hanner's OCD and Dora's natural insecurity. I'm realizing that in this world, everyone is essentially good.

And it bothers me.

I still want Marten to react to something besides those stupid neck nuzzles. *barf-o-rama*

Uber Ritter

• Curry sauce
« Reply #53 on: 11 Mar 2008, 14:33 »

You seem to think that a realistic portrayal of human flaws should involve making out folks to be unsympathetic assholes.  Now folks may be fucked up, and often cruel, but I'm not sure that that means that they aren't often good-hearted.  Not that I'm one of those saps that thinks that people can be simply described as 'good' but I think their flaws are, when judged from a fairly objective perspective, somewhat less egregious and far more subtle than you seem to be indicating.

I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves.
-Ludwig Wittgenstein

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #54 on: 11 Mar 2008, 16:39 »

I'm really, really glad Jeph went this direction-- I was hoping more than anything that this whole thing would develop into a non-issue, although Dora's somewhat arbitrary* "No Hooking Up With My Brother" rule precluded that. I would have been really disappointed had Marten acted any differently and don't really understand why people would begin to call this really manipulative on Faye's part. It's an awkward situation, to be sure, but the only thing she's done "wrong" in this case is to decide that she'd rather break her dry spell than always respect Dora's wishes-- maybe that implies that their friendship isn't as sturdy as they thought, but it's hardly an intrinsically evil or malicious act.

Anyway, kudos to Marten for keeping his ego in check and realizing that this isn't all about him.

*Please note that I am fine with people having arbitrary "deal breaker" relationship clauses-- they exist whether people openly acknowledge them or not. Everyone, including Dora, has a right to choose what they will and won't put up with in a relationship, be it a friendly one or a romantic one. I'm not as bad as the dramatized version of Jerry Seinfeld, but I've broken up with women and ceased hanging out with people over some pretty small potatoes before, so I do have some small amount of sympathy for Dora. That said, I think it's a bit egotistical to think that your close (and miserable) friend with intimacy issues could/would have sex with your brother just to get back at you.

P.S. I feel really dirty for having made a post that long about a webcomic.
« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2008, 16:56 by Whipstitch »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

valkyryn

« Reply #55 on: 11 Mar 2008, 17:43 »

It's worth pointing out that Sven can't be too terribly upset at Faye for telling, because it wasn't really she who did it. It was Hanners. Granted, Hanners didn't exactly spell out in detail what happened, but Dora knew that 1) Faye and Hanners had spent the night at Sven's place, and 2) Hanners wasn't supposed to talk about it. There's a rather limited number of things that this could reasonably be about, and figuring out what it might be isn't exactly rocket science.

I think both Faye and Sven will probably be a bit annoyed with Hannelore for a whole, but as she's likely to collapse into a million pieces at the slightest hint of disapproval, I doubt they'll be upset for long.

jill the ripper

« Reply #56 on: 11 Mar 2008, 17:47 »

I really wanted to see Marten get jealous, but that's just because I'm a little drama-whore. Jeph was completely right for going in the direction he did, it is far more streamlined with the character's personalities. I don't think Sven will get very angry. Obviously, he's slept with Dora's friends before, and most likely, they tried to keep it a secret, and Dora's found out. Sven, I would guess, has probably gone through the whole thing a few times previously.

Maybe not with someone in exactly Faye's situation, but you know, generally.

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
  • This is my personal text. Not yours!
« Reply #57 on: 11 Mar 2008, 19:24 »

Um, I'm having a REAL hard time understanding why Faye has to tell ANYONE.  I think this is a very strange storyline.  Why is her sex life any of Dora's or Marten's business???

Because three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead.

And if none of them are Hannelore.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #58 on: 11 Mar 2008, 21:50 »

You know, I'm really not understanding Dora's reaction.

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
« Reply #59 on: 11 Mar 2008, 22:03 »

That's because there's something that Dora's not yet telling us, I believe.

When the other shoe drops, I just hope it doesn't drop on Marten.  :-(

Newbia

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #60 on: 12 Mar 2008, 13:27 »

Wow. Marten is actually reacting to the news in a rational way. Human beings behaving rationally! This makes me so happy!

There is a very simple, biological reason for why he's pretty cool with everything (besides that fact that there would be no reason for Faye to ever cruelly hurt her best friend by sleeping with another guy): Dora-sexin'. When guys have a regular amount of sex, they get a nice steady supply of a brain-drug that makes them happy (serotonin, I believe). They are calm and content. When they don't get a regular amount of sex, the serotonin supply dries up, making them irritable and desperate to have sex. (Dr. Phil said it, so it must be true.)

shauba

« Reply #61 on: 12 Mar 2008, 20:41 »

Wow. Marten is actually reacting to the news in a rational way. Human beings behaving rationally! This makes me so happy!

There is a very simple, biological reason for why he's pretty cool with everything (besides that fact that there would be no reason for Faye to ever cruelly hurt her best friend by sleeping with another guy): Dora-sexin'. When guys have a regular amount of sex, they get a nice steady supply of a brain-drug that makes them happy (serotonin, I believe). They are calm and content. When they don't get a regular amount of sex, the serotonin supply dries up, making them irritable and desperate to have sex. (Dr. Phil said it, so it must be true.)

#1: I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Dr. Phil isn't a real doctor (doesn't have a Ph.D). Your point is pretty sound, but adding Dr. Phil to any argument makes me check right out. But you don't need to accommadate me, so don't worry too much about it.  :-)

#2: I'm so glad that among Marten's repitoire of rational reactions, one is righteous anger!

#3: I'm happy to see Dora's borderline theft of Marten (notice I said borderline, she technically didn't do anything wrong) is biting her in the ass. It looks like she's got some repressed guilt about it.

That raises an interesting question: there's no doubt that Faye can't hold anything against Dora for dating Marten so soon after "the talk" but if Dora realizes her actions were immoral (whether she wants to or not), does that make it wrong?*

*In a narrative world, not the real world. I don't want to open a philosophical argument on a webcomic forum. How annoying.
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2008, 20:45 by shauba »

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #62 on: 12 Mar 2008, 21:16 »

Actually, Dr. Phil does have a PhD.  I wouldn't have been surprised either way, so I went ahead and wiki'd him.

Wiki, is there anything it doesn't know?

Muskrat121

« Reply #63 on: 14 Mar 2008, 10:38 »

If Google can't find it and Wikipedia doesn't know it, it doesn't exist.

Doug S. Machina

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #64 on: 17 Mar 2008, 17:46 »

That means the universe was created in 1998, or 2001.
Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

Electrified Sprinkles

« Reply #65 on: 30 Mar 2008, 16:56 »

That means the universe was created in 1998, or 2001.

Amazing really isn't it?

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #66 on: 30 Mar 2008, 21:30 »

But given that nothing existed before Google, who created Google? And if someone created Google, how was that possible before Googlespace existed?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
« Reply #67 on: 02 Apr 2008, 22:46 »

Well, we now know that Sven wasn't very upset and was easily mollified. That just leaves (eventually) Raven.

But Dora is certainly in the lead....

EDIT for April 07, 2008:

Okay, Raven is incredulous. Does that count as a reaction?

I'm going to have to put this off until the point if/when Raven finally believes...
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2008, 23:46 by bunnyThor »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up