THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 10:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So, the new Cryptopsy leaked..  (Read 4737 times)

Caspian

• The Tickler
So, the new Cryptopsy leaked..
« on: 18 Apr 2008, 09:10 »

I don't know if anyone here even likes Cryptopsy, but it seems that None so Vile was some pretty rad death metal.

It's hard to describe just how bad the new album is- suffice to say that it is easily the most derided album on the net right now, and has been for several weeks- but my god, it's freaking AWFUL. Metal Archives, for example- 10 reviews, Average of 4%.

Again, I'm curious as to how many people have heard this. I'd say it's easily the biggest sell out by any band in the history of any music, ever, and just for extra fun here's Flo's (the drummer, who admittedly has really rad technical skills) statement on the backlash:

I'm very disappointed to see how closed-minded some of our fans are. We started extreme metal and now we are doing it even more then before, extreme dynamically. When you listen to the full album, you will understand or not. Never has CRYPTOPSY been soo fast and agressive and at the same time generated feel in metal songs, wow. Not an achievement to you, it seems, but something extremely hard to do. If you get it or not, that's up to you, but people judge fast and I can guarantee that if you open your mind a little, you'll understand and be in awe. No change, then just vote for Bush again while you're at it. You know, [I'm] not an angry person by nature, but god, open your ears.

Hilarious. Anyway, comment on the shitness of new Cryptopsy, and think up funny names for them. (Sliptopsy, Knottopsy, Somebodystoptopsy, Craptopsy, Flo' and the Cryps etc)

rynne

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Hey, nice marmot!
Re: So, the new Cryptopsy leaked..
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2008, 09:23 »

Never has CRYPTOPSY been soo fast and agressive and at the same time generated feel in metal songs, wow.

Never heard of this band before, but what the fuck is "generat[ing] feel" and why is it contrasted to being "fast and aggressive"?
When Kleiner showed me the sky-line of New York, I told him that man is like the coral insect---designed to build vast, beautiful, mineral things for the moonlight to delight in after he is dead. - H.P. Lovecraft

benji

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2008, 09:29 »

I don't know this band either but I am amused that the band statement basically reads "our music is awesome. If you don't like our music then your are closed-minded because our music is awesome." I especially enjoyed the line that implied not buying the album was like voting for Bush. 
This signature is intentionally left blank.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook
« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2008, 09:47 »

When you listen to the full album, you will understand or not.

Uh, yep.

piepie

« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2008, 09:52 »

blargh blargh blahhhhh bkvfvbjkSvbjks

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2008, 10:09 »

Well, I like Cryptopsy.

But this new band that Flo plays drums in, is pretty damn boring. Why someone who pioneered technical death metal would go on to playing run-of-the-mill Deathcore is beyond me.

bbq

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #6 on: 18 Apr 2008, 13:36 »

How come bands have to go and ruin legacies

At least metallica had the balls to admit they made a mistake

Caspian

• The Tickler
« Reply #7 on: 18 Apr 2008, 17:32 »

Well, I like Cryptopsy.

But this new band that Flo plays drums in, is pretty damn boring. Why someone who pioneered technical death metal would go on to playing run-of-the-mill Deathcore is beyond me.

:-D

That's more the responses I was hoping for. I would argue that it isn't even run of the mill deathcore; it's terrible, HORRIBLE deathcore, which is quite amusing- I mean, it's Deathcore! How on Earth can you screw that up?

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #8 on: 18 Apr 2008, 22:07 »

Metallica admitted they made a mistake?  When...how?  I wanna see the proof...somewhere.

On topic:  I haven't actually heard Cryptopsy but my friends have told me to steer clear and I generally tend to stay away from any band with "crypt" or "corpse" or anything death-related in their name...unless I've heard really good things.  And why does the drummer make the statement, you'd think they'd get someone more coherent to talk for them.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #9 on: 18 Apr 2008, 22:30 »

I quite like Cryptopsy, so much so that I saw them play last time they were here (they were very good), so I'll have to check out the new stuff. I hope it's not as bad as you guys say it is. It's sad when good bands fail epically.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #10 on: 18 Apr 2008, 23:32 »

I have been reading the Cryptopsy message boards for kicks, because it is the most hilarious thing on the internet right now.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Caspian

• The Tickler
« Reply #11 on: 19 Apr 2008, 00:14 »

Metallica admitted they made a mistake?  When...how?  I wanna see the proof...somewhere.

They haven't went "We regret making St.Anger", but in various places Lars has admitted that the snare/overall production was a bad idea, and in various interviews James talks about "It was a record we had to make, but it was one dimensional and went on for way too long" and so on and so forth. From what I gather they haven't completely apologized for it, but they're kinda embarrassed about it.

MadassAlex

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "Tasteful"?
« Reply #12 on: 19 Apr 2008, 05:37 »

Well, I like Cryptopsy.

Seriously.

diablo_man

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #13 on: 19 Apr 2008, 10:10 »

hmmm, this band is odd. ive liked some of thier older stuff, but the new album is pathetic. a bunch of old school DM bands, are going soft. like satyricon.

Der Turm, der Leute frass

• Furry furrier
  • kwargbrzzz...brhhgfschrrg???
« Reply #14 on: 21 Apr 2008, 05:59 »

I like the new album.
I'm SWISS, so don't expect any "creative" english phrases.......

-i'm responsible for de existence of the universe....even if i forgot why

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #15 on: 21 Apr 2008, 06:34 »

Troll.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #16 on: 21 Apr 2008, 07:13 »

The new record really isn't all that bad (well, up until the clean vocals come in anyway). For a start, Lord Worm was a rubbish vocalist so that's a fair chunk of their career knackered. At least the new guy's better than him. I also enjoy the way it's pissed off certain Cryptopsy fans. Not anybody on here, but certain parts of the internet are chock full of people spewing the silliest homophobic nonsense and crying over the band going all 'emo', 'hardcore' or 'deathcore'. I can't help but be pleased that the kind of people who'll use faggot as an insult are upset. Admittedly I'm not that into what they're doing now and I doubt I'll play this record again, if I want to hear something like this bands like My Cross To Bare do it better anyway, but they were never that brilliant to start with so it isn't much of a loss.

Also, does anyone know if this is true? It'll be interesting if it is but I've yet to see it from a decent source:

Montreal's CRYPTOPSY has revealed that they have decided to postpone all future CRYPTOPSY performances and the release of the group's forthcoming album, "The Unspoken King", Drummer Flo Mounier had this to say:

"Due to the current circumstances of the fans being unable to comprehend our new material, we have decided to call it quits. It should be said, however, that this will probably not be permanent, but we shall see. For we, the band, feel that the fans deserve from us something that they can appreciate no matter how closed minded they may be, and as such we have failed to deliver such to them, it is our obligation to quit and reevaluate the situation and take stock of our lives. We did not wish to alienate our entire fan base, let alone do it before the album even hit the shelves, but alas that is exactly what we have done. As such we have decided that the best thing to do at the moment is to drop off the SUMMER SLAUGHTER TOUR and postpone the release of our new album "The Unspoken King", possibly forever. We are very sorry if some of you were looking forward to seeing us on tour, but it must be said that as a band, the reaction we got from the leaked songs was not positive at all and it was felt that the same reaction would probably occur out on tour. Therefore, we have decided to not continue on with our current tour and album commitment. Again, we are sorry and want to thank ll the loyal fans for years of buying our stuff and going to see us live despite the line up changes we've had over the years!"

CRYPTOPSY's last studio album, "Once Was Not", was released in 2005 via Century Media Records and has sold 77,000 copies world wide.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Caspian

• The Tickler
« Reply #17 on: 21 Apr 2008, 07:45 »

The new record really isn't all that bad (well, up until the clean vocals come in anyway). For a start, Lord Worm was a rubbish vocalist so that's a fair chunk of their career knackered. At least the new guy's better than him. I also enjoy the way it's pissed off certain Cryptopsy fans. Not anybody on here, but certain parts of the internet are chock full of people spewing the silliest homophobic nonsense and crying over the band going all 'emo', 'hardcore' or 'deathcore'. I can't help but be pleased that the kind of people who'll use faggot as an insult are upset. Admittedly I'm not that into what they're doing now and I doubt I'll play this record again, if I want to hear something like this bands like My Cross To Bare do it better anyway, but they were never that brilliant to start with so it isn't much of a loss.

Also, does anyone know if this is true? It'll be interesting if it is but I've yet to see it from a decent source:

Montreal's CRYPTOPSY has revealed that they have decided to postpone all future CRYPTOPSY performances and the release of the group's forthcoming album, "The Unspoken King", Drummer Flo Mounier had this to say:

"Due to the current circumstances of the fans being unable to comprehend our new material, we have decided to call it quits. It should be said, however, that this will probably not be permanent, but we shall see. For we, the band, feel that the fans deserve from us something that they can appreciate no matter how closed minded they may be, and as such we have failed to deliver such to them, it is our obligation to quit and reevaluate the situation and take stock of our lives. We did not wish to alienate our entire fan base, let alone do it before the album even hit the shelves, but alas that is exactly what we have done. As such we have decided that the best thing to do at the moment is to drop off the SUMMER SLAUGHTER TOUR and postpone the release of our new album "The Unspoken King", possibly forever. We are very sorry if some of you were looking forward to seeing us on tour, but it must be said that as a band, the reaction we got from the leaked songs was not positive at all and it was felt that the same reaction would probably occur out on tour. Therefore, we have decided to not continue on with our current tour and album commitment. Again, we are sorry and want to thank ll the loyal fans for years of buying our stuff and going to see us live despite the line up changes we've had over the years!"

CRYPTOPSY's last studio album, "Once Was Not", was released in 2005 via Century Media Records and has sold 77,000 copies world wide.

That's been released a while ago, that press statement. It's a fake.

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #18 on: 21 Apr 2008, 12:49 »

A cancelled tour would suck for me, since they're bringing along Decrepit Birth and Unmerciful as support bands.

Decrepit Birth kick fuckin' ass.

Der Golem

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • http://www.ihavenowebsite.com
« Reply #19 on: 21 Apr 2008, 13:31 »

This album is so bad I honestly can't tell if the people who say they like it are joking or not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up