THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Words that are clearly words but your phone disagrees.  (Read 16130 times)

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
Re: Words that are clearly words but your phone disagrees.
« Reply #50 on: 05 Apr 2008, 13:04 »

Every time I've gone in for an upgrade, that's all I ask. What's your sturdiest phone with the best reception? My parents' places are really rural so you constantly have shit reception so even just SLIGHTLY better reception makes a huge difference.

This was my last phone. I lost it though, which is sad, because it was the best phone ever. Incredibly sturdy, with a really good battery life and I could actually make and receive calls in my hometown, which is a feat. Also the camera swiveled so it could point out to what you're seeing, or in to you. Fairly high quality pictures too for a camera phone. I miss it.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #51 on: 05 Apr 2008, 22:52 »

Yeah, the days when phones were sturdy are over (Nokia 3310s and 3315s are still the sturdiest around; you can hit those things with a brick and they're ok). The phone I have at the moment is pretty good. Strong, good reception and it does what I need it to, which is enough for me.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #52 on: 05 Apr 2008, 23:00 »

I've got a Sanyo MM-8300. Might be a flip, but it's built like a tank. Sure, most of the paint's worn off, and everything's scuffed up, and the antenna's a bit loose, but it still works perfectly.

And takes (sucky) pictures. And even suckier videos.

And browses the internet.

I don't text, though. $0.15 is way too much for that.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #53 on: 06 Apr 2008, 05:34 »

I am with Jimmy about the necessity of my phone. I use it to check the time, so it is either carry it with me everywhere, or crack and go buy the pretty $150 watch I want. At the moment the phone I have is costing me less immediately. Also, I will send an sms over calling someone any day. They are ultimately cheaper (although I do send a lot of them, so it adds up. but then my plan gives me $300 worth of credit so it's not a huge deal) and I don't have to deal with actually talking to anyone. I don't know why, but talking to people on the phone is incredibly awkward, so I avoid it. I also avoid making (or listening to) messages left on answering machine-dealies. They are terrible, and I really have to change my message to "If you leave a message here I will not listen to it. Either try me again later or I will ring you back when I notice the missed calls on my phone."

Also, Jimmy's phone is ridiculously awesome. You should all get one like it, because it is super great. It is shiny and pretty and takes good photos and all that jazz! It even makes phone calls! The only thing that may be used against it is that it is really light and thin, so it can be forgotten that it is in one's pocket.

Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #54 on: 06 Apr 2008, 11:26 »

Oh, and that's something else.

I'm often in areas with poor signal. Often, the phone won't ring, and won't display a missed call, but will display the new voicemail notification.

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #55 on: 09 Apr 2008, 09:32 »

Buy a Nokia 3310 they were probably the perfect mobile phone; virtually indestructable, strangely good for calling and SMSing, have games, and that was about it I guess. We're inbetween mobile phones and (practical) mobile computers now, so most handsets are phones which have a lot of stupid shit on them instead of computers that can make phone calls, etc. The Motorola Razr has been working for me, it's just a cheap, simple, stylish mobile phone.
I only got rid of my second-hand 3310 at Christmas, when it gave up after probably five years of near continual operation, practically daily physical punishment, and whatnot. Although, I'd bet that if I hadn't had my 3210 lost on me, I'd still be using it. They are tremendous. And no fiddly bits that get in the way, like accidentally connecting to the internet and downloading something that costs seven euro.
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

ForteBass

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
« Reply #56 on: 09 Apr 2008, 19:22 »

Quote from: Mitch Hedberg
I don't own a cell phone or a pager. I just hang around everyone I know, all the time.

If someone needs to get a hold of me they just say, "Mitch," and I say, "what" and turn my head slightly.

Oh way to go, Tommy. Now I miss Mitch Hedberg all over again.
Dick.
Quote from: Eris
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

heidifer

« Reply #57 on: 10 Apr 2008, 15:16 »

yeah, my phone definitely doesn't recognize "cheeseburger" as a word.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up