THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 00:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gundam SEED Destiny?  (Read 3529 times)

Exar_Kun

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Me Hawngry!
Gundam SEED Destiny?
« on: 03 Apr 2008, 01:06 »

Does anyone one know if an English dub of this series exists anywhere?  I know that the first seven or so episode were dubbed, but beyond that I can't find anything else.  I realize that you anime purists out there loath dubs of anime, but I personally enjoy it, I've seen the whole thing with subs, but I have looked everywhere for the Eng. dubs so I might download it or at the very least watch it again.
Red Two: Look at the *size* of that thing!
Red Leader: Cut the chatter Red Two, accelerate to attack speed!

spluk

Re: Gundam SEED Destiny?
« Reply #1 on: 03 Apr 2008, 15:32 »

http://www.da-anime.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1205&Itemid=29
if you need any anime, this is the site.
however, your not missing much by not watching it.
It is no where near as good as Gundam SEED.
but it isn't horrible
ahh, whatever, make the decision your self

Exar_Kun

• Me Hawngry!
« Reply #2 on: 04 Apr 2008, 21:27 »

Ya I totally agree on that part.  Shinn = worst main character ever.  But I have just about every Gundam series in my collection whether with English or original dubs.  Its still good enough to watch IMO.

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #3 on: 04 Apr 2008, 22:17 »

The series is officially licensed...so finding it dubbed shouldn't be incredibly difficult.  Mind you this probably doesn't have an amazing following so it might be hard finding a torrent for it in english.

frunK

« Reply #4 on: 04 Apr 2008, 23:23 »

Why the hell does SEED get two friggen series?
Wing kicked 7 bajilloin and five times more ass(made up number FTW) and only got one series and movie. SEED gets frikken two? wtf people. wt freaking f.

Exar_Kun

• Me Hawngry!
« Reply #5 on: 05 Apr 2008, 23:56 »

I think you gotta remember, that its not how well it does in the US that determines its popularity, but how well it does in Japan.  I will say that Gundam Wing is was got me interested in anime in the first place.  However, if I remember correctly Seed passed Wing in popularity in Japan.  I think the reason Wing was so popular in the US was because the characters were such hardcore badasses with no faults whatsoever, whereas in Seed, I don't think there was a single episode in the series that didn't feature Kira Yamato crying.  There was at least SOMEONE crying in every episode, and I don't think a single tear was shed in Wing.  IIRC Seed didn't even finish its maiden run on Toonami as it got pretty bad ratings.  I will agree that Destiny isn't anywhere near as good as Seed.

Oh and spluk, that link you gave had Destiny, but it was just original Japanese dub with Eng subs.  Not what I was looking for but thanks anyway.

spluk

« Reply #6 on: 06 Apr 2008, 13:51 »

my bad, didn't look.
http://www.anime-dc.com/index.php?showtopic=5652
they have episode 1 through 47 in english dub.
dont know what happened to 48 through 50 though
Pages: [1]   Go Up