THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 22:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Down

Author Topic: plans for the inevitable undead uprising  (Read 158133 times)

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
Re: plans for the inevitable undead uprising
« Reply #900 on: 11 Apr 2008, 15:41 »

Because that is mainstream. And this way, you can be Vincent Price, Charlton Heston, and Will Smith. At the same time.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #901 on: 11 Apr 2008, 17:19 »

Don't forget Bruce Campbell.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Nodaisho

« Reply #902 on: 11 Apr 2008, 19:25 »

You missed my reference, I meant you could be the last man on earth. Though I guess Will Smith doesn't count, depending on whether you count a child and a woman as "man".

Thaes

• Furry furrier
« Reply #903 on: 12 Apr 2008, 01:41 »

A question rose in my mind: what if I was the only one actually wanting to join the undead horde? Would that make me an indie or a mainstreamist? Because, while I would be independent from the mainstream of thoughts of the living, I would belong to the mainstream of the undead (should there even be such a thing...)

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #904 on: 12 Apr 2008, 06:57 »

depending on whether you count a child and a woman as "man".

If you don't count women as 'man' then I will be in my room, praying for every other man on earth to be struck dead simultaneously.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
« Reply #905 on: 12 Apr 2008, 12:30 »

I think we would all be screwed if there was a zombie invasion...

...with vampires leading it!

That would be the ultimate undead senario.  Did they ever make a movie like that?  I know there was that scene in Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust where the vampire attacked the hunters with a bunch of ghouls/ zombie vampires.

In the event of a plain zombie outbreak I am near enough to rural areas to make it to a wilderness/protected forest area where there should be no other people around.  I am betting that the bigger outbreak would hit somewhere else first giving me a chance to grab a crapload of supplies.

And, despite my avatar, I would not be dumb enough to try to use a chainsaw on a zombie.

sean

• welp
« Reply #906 on: 12 Apr 2008, 14:36 »

I dunno if any of you have heard about this or if there has been a thread about it, I just read about Humans vs. Zombies in the washington post magazine. This has got to be one of the most awesome things I have ever seen.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #907 on: 13 Apr 2008, 11:09 »

I found this at the bottom of a cave last week.

I was convinced that it was going to rise from dead and trample me to death in a horrible zombie cow death scene. I really fucking hate cows.
Get off my land

Nodaisho

« Reply #908 on: 13 Apr 2008, 15:49 »

I dunno if any of you have heard about this or if there has been a thread about it, I just read about Humans vs. Zombies in the washington post magazine. This has got to be one of the most awesome things I have ever seen.
I remember hearing about that, read a topic from a college student whose campus was shut down when someone was walking around with a "realistic-looking" nerf gun, it took more than three hours for the people in charge to discern that it wasn't, in fact, a real gun, and even longer for them to announce an end to the lockdown. At least, we can assume they figured it out in three hours, because that was when they sent out messages saying that evening classes would be taking place, which I don't see them doing if they weren't sure yet.

Vampire-wise, I think our screwedness really depends on what kind of vampire it is. If it is one of the Bram Stoker kind, we would be really screwed, but if it is one of the more modern and weak ones, all you need is either silver bullets or old .303 surplus, even, if you can get the kind with wood tips rather than aluminum tips.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #909 on: 13 Apr 2008, 20:17 »

Ha. That Humans vs. Zombies thing started at Goucher College? That's one of the small private colleges near Towson, where I go to. Know a lot of kids from there.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

muteKi

« Reply #910 on: 14 Apr 2008, 00:01 »

I think we would all be screwed if there was a zombie invasion...

...with vampires leading it!

That would be the ultimate undead senario.  Did they ever make a movie like that?  I know there was that scene in Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust where the vampire attacked the hunters with a bunch of ghouls/ zombie vampires.

In the event of a plain zombie outbreak I am near enough to rural areas to make it to a wilderness/protected forest area where there should be no other people around.  I am betting that the bigger outbreak would hit somewhere else first giving me a chance to grab a crapload of supplies.

And, despite my avatar, I would not be dumb enough to try to use a chainsaw on a zombie.

After 16 hours of Castlevania I have to agree with this. My friend, you took the words right out of my mouth.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #911 on: 14 Apr 2008, 14:32 »

It's all well and good to have survival plans and material needs mapped out, but how exactly would you emotionally hold up? I mean, there's a certain point where, no matter how mentally tough and prepared you are, the human psyche just breaks down. It'd be pretty damn hard to live indefinitely in the wild while also fending off flesh-eating creatures who could very well bear the visage of your family and friends.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Nodaisho

« Reply #912 on: 14 Apr 2008, 15:42 »

That is part of why the first order of business is to keep as far away from them as you can, if you can't see them well, you can't pick them out as someone you know.

I suppose it would be similar to shellshock, people would continue operating, but many of them just wouldn't be there, lights are on but nobody is home.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #913 on: 14 Apr 2008, 23:05 »

I'm certain that I'd lose a lot of family and good friends and even just "Hey let's get a beer and look at girls" buddies. It'd fuck me up something bad, but I have made cross-country or international moves once every 2-4 years or so since 3rd grade. I'm pretty used to never hearing from people ever again.

I used to be able to get attached to people really easily, but after a majority of my life has been spent the way it has, I really don't have that anymore. So while it sucks for me in the normal world, in the zombie apocalypse, I'd be set.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #914 on: 14 Apr 2008, 23:28 »

Shell shock would be a blessing compared to everyone you ever knew becoming a flesh eating monster. Sure, the Germans and the Japanese would bomb and kill us, but they were enemies, not once-friends who are trying to eat our flesh. As far as if I really had to think about it I'd go batshit insane if I had to tough it out alone, despite that being the best damn way to stay alive. After the Zombocalypse starts, connections to people only makes it harder to put them down when they become infected.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #915 on: 15 Apr 2008, 07:30 »

I have made cross-country or international moves once every 2-4 years or so since 3rd grade. I'm pretty used to never hearing from people ever again.

high-five?

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #916 on: 15 Apr 2008, 20:59 »

Wait, Patrick, so the fact that you don't have very close ties to people and have moved every few years means that you wouldn't eventually lose your mind after living in the fucking boonies while every vestige of humanity is slaughtered, devoured and annihilated around you? No matter how isolated of a spot you go to, sooner or later they'd catch up with you, and probably in large numbers. You'd really be able to remain calm and unemotive? Even if you didn't feel some kind of sadness, your brain's generally unavoidable reaction would be to drown every fiber of your being in adrenaline and scream at your body "HOLYSHITRUNYOU'REGOINGTODIETHEWORLDISENDEDANDYOURECOMPLETELYFUCKINGALONEANDTHERE'SNOWAYOUTEVER!!"
 - Napoleon

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #917 on: 15 Apr 2008, 21:39 »

Wait, Patrick, so the fact that you don't have very close ties to people and have moved every few years means that you wouldn't eventually lose your mind after living in the fucking boonies while every vestige of humanity is slaughtered, devoured and annihilated around you?

Yeah basically

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #918 on: 16 Apr 2008, 17:30 »

Interesting. Misanthrope?
 - Napoleon

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #919 on: 16 Apr 2008, 21:29 »

I bet Kim Jong Il would survive a zombocalypse. Or start it.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Up