THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 18:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forgotten characters thread  (Read 15741 times)

sterlingdragon

• Emoticontraindication
Forgotten characters thread
« on: 10 Apr 2008, 04:35 »

this thread is dedicated to the forgotten characters, such as Sara, Scott, Angus, Tequila Monster, etc.

britMonster

• Furry furrier
Re: Forgotten characters thread
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2008, 04:45 »

When did we forget these characters?
britMonster is all hot and bothered by the thought of febreeze.

you're invited : www.lost.eu/75505

sterlingdragon

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #2 on: 10 Apr 2008, 04:48 »

OK, not forgotten, per se, but those who don't appear in the comics ever anymore.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #3 on: 10 Apr 2008, 04:52 »

sterlingdragon:  SLOW DOWN DUDE.  You are new here; I see that you registered like two hours ago.  In that time you've already got about 20 posts, 3 or 4 of which are topics you started.  Take it easy!  As a newbie you should lurk a bit more, and try to get a feel for the waters here before you take the plunge.  If you have not done so already, it might be a good idea to start a Hi, I'm New! thread to introduce yourself.

Mainly though, slow down and lurk more so you get a feel for the way things go around here.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

sterlingdragon

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #4 on: 10 Apr 2008, 05:06 »

Made a Hi, I'm new thread, and I don't want to lurk!
And It's more like 7 or 8 are topics I started.

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #5 on: 10 Apr 2008, 07:20 »

...Dude. Please lurk. You're throwing yourself into the deep end of the pool and you don't know how to swim.

Anyway, as for the thread... I wouldn't say that these are forgotten characters --at least not Angus. In QC-Land it's only been a day or so since we saw him. He'll pop up again. As for Sarah and Scott, well they're kind of moot. Marten doesn't work for that company anymore, so why would we see Scott? And Sarah was only needed for a few strips, so It's not like anyone can "miss" her. And I'm sure Tequila Monster will pop up again when Steven and Marten get drunk after more heartbreak.

Also, you forgot Ellen.

britMonster

• Furry furrier
« Reply #6 on: 10 Apr 2008, 10:52 »

Ellen is with the eels, or something.
britMonster is all hot and bothered by the thought of febreeze.

you're invited : www.lost.eu/75505

Helios05

• Plantmonster
  • Having fun and dark sacrifices!
« Reply #7 on: 10 Apr 2008, 13:59 »

Made a Hi, I'm new thread, and I don't want to lurk!
And It's more like 7 or 8 are topics I started.
Trust us on this dude, lurking is always something you should do whenever you first join a forum, unless you personally know some/all of the people on it(has happened to me once) but with all the people on here, I doubt that's the case. Lurk around, find the forums you want to post in and see what people are like (or do what I did once and drop a reply in a thread you know will rile them up, so long as it won't bite you in the ass later), and if you think you like what you see, take a few posts, see what people say, then start a few of your own. I don't make threads because I can usually find one where they're talking about the things I wanted to say, but that's just me.

Edit: and then I go and forget to post on the topic of question, stupid me  :-P.As for Ellen, she is still with Steve, so she is in the comic, just not actually drawn in the comic. It kinda annoys me at times, but thats how it goes. As for Sara, I have actually been wondering about that, she would have made a good character to bring back into the story at the latest arc, just for the extra drama it would have created (and would have likely burned me out on drama for the year), but an interesting twist nonetheless. As for Scott...I honestly don't remember who that is...okay, found him on the character page, well, that part of Marten's life is over, so we may likely never see him again.

I really thought, after seeing this latest arc, that the whole point of Angus was to prepare us for this arc itself, just to give us the hint of the idea that Faye may be moving in the right direction towards a real relationship. Of course, Jeph dropped a bomb on that, so meh.

Tequila Monster...*pops open a bottle along with some O.J. and Red Bull* YOU might not see him, but, Saturday nights, ya never know ...
« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2008, 14:07 by Helios05 »
"I'm fucking tripping balls! Ask Oak!"
"Bitch be TRIPPING balls!"
WOW player
Server: Zuluhed
Guild: Galactic Alliance
PM Veey or Heavenstrike to join!

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #8 on: 10 Apr 2008, 14:12 »

As for Ellen, she is still with Steve, so she is in the comic, just not actually drawn in the comic.

...Oh, honey...Where have you been?? Steven and Ellen broke up a few hundred strips ago. Steve is having girl issues with a lovely mortician named Meena now.
...Go read some comics, dude.

Helios05

• Plantmonster
« Reply #9 on: 10 Apr 2008, 15:21 »

As for Ellen, she is still with Steve, so she is in the comic, just not actually drawn in the comic.

...Oh, honey...Where have you been?? Steven and Ellen broke up a few hundred strips ago. Steve is having girl issues with a lovely mortician named Meena now.
...Go read some comics, dude.

....wow, I had honestly forgotten, how the hell did that screw up slip by me? And I was in the old thread for, what, last week, week before talking about the bar scene, memory must be slipping in my old age.

Okay, so he is right, Ellen has been gone for a while, but then again, when did we last see the Whitaker family? Or Marten's bandmates (which would likely lead to an Ellen strip)? There are a lot of characters that have fallen by the wayside, such is what happens when the worldsetting (or would the correct term be universe?) expands, especially in a web comic, some characters have to disappear for a while so that we can keep the primary focus on the main characters (unless jeph does a "side characters hijack the comic arc", but those almost never work out well)
WOW player

KiwiTroubie

« Reply #10 on: 10 Apr 2008, 15:45 »

I'm fairly certain we've seen the band without the Ellen connection pretty regularly since the Ellen/Steve breakup. Having Hanners in the band brings it a little more central, methinks.

Turtle

« Reply #11 on: 10 Apr 2008, 16:23 »

Well you also have to keep in mind the actual time passing in the strip is monumentally smaller than it is to us. It may seem like forever since Ellen left, but it's only been a matter of a couple weeks or something in the strip.

Helios05

• Plantmonster
« Reply #12 on: 10 Apr 2008, 16:36 »

Well you also have to keep in mind the actual time passing in the strip is monumentally smaller than it is to us. It may seem like forever since Ellen left, but it's only been a matter of a couple weeks or something in the strip.
The chronology and temporal issues in this comic have been coming up so often lately, we need to find a way to get that set. What do you think it will take to convince Jeph to make something, like, say, a timeline to fix this problem.
WOW player

Rocketman

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • A little bitter.
« Reply #13 on: 10 Apr 2008, 17:02 »

I miss Pizza Girl.

cgarci21

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Shagtastic
« Reply #14 on: 10 Apr 2008, 17:50 »

...Or do you see her in almost all the CoD featured strips without her Pizza Girl suit on?
You know how animals can sense a tsunami coming before humans notice? I'm like that, only for sexy things. -Dora Bianchi

Helios05

• Plantmonster
« Reply #15 on: 10 Apr 2008, 18:04 »

I was so tempted to mention that, but since she lacks the costume, it theoretically doesn't count.
WOW player

Jeff7

• Furry furrier
« Reply #16 on: 10 Apr 2008, 18:09 »

If you remember them, they're apparently not forgotten.
This thread fails at causality.

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
  • This is my personal text. Not yours!
« Reply #17 on: 10 Apr 2008, 18:43 »

I miss causality....

Helios05

• Plantmonster
« Reply #18 on: 10 Apr 2008, 19:19 »

If you remember them, they're apparently not forgotten.
This thread fails at causality.

*sigh* If you want to get technical, yes your right, no longer commonly thought about character thread sound better? Not really, so we say they are forgotten, how often do you use the phrase "oh, I forgot," its like that, the memory was temporarily lost to you until something triggered it, like, say, reading through the archives. We want at least some shred of their involvement in the current story, though if I can get an honest to god timeline, I'm good.
WOW player

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #19 on: 10 Apr 2008, 20:13 »

Helios, I dunno if anybody told you yet but it's generally frowned upon here to quote the post above you.  Just a friendly tip.

Ellen is with the eels, or something.

Yeah, it's for school.  She got the chance to spend like, a semester or so aboard a sub studying marine life.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Rocketman

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • A little bitter.
« Reply #20 on: 10 Apr 2008, 20:15 »

...Or do you see her in almost all the CoD featured strips without her Pizza Girl suit on?

Yes, but there's no pizza. Pizza, coffee and Pen-Pen would possibly be the best comic ever.

Helios05

• Plantmonster
« Reply #21 on: 10 Apr 2008, 20:21 »

SilentJ: Yeah I know, I just try to post so fast before I forget whatever thought or tangent is running through my head that the rule sometimes slips my mind. Also, this is the only forum I know that holds that as a rule, so I don't always remember it, but I will try to make a better effort at it.
WOW player

qtownstegy

• Larger than most fish
  • I lie to myself constantly!
« Reply #22 on: 10 Apr 2008, 22:17 »

The chronology and temporal issues in this comic have been coming up so often lately, we need to find a way to get that set. What do you think it will take to convince Jeph to make something, like, say, a timeline to fix this problem.

This thread may shed some light on the timeline. LeeZion has worked very hard on it, but there is still some room for interpretation.
Quote from: Blue Kitty
"Man, why is it that whores find my Myspace?  I mean, my name is the Blue Kitty, not, 'Hey whore, I will add you'"

catbhn21

« Reply #23 on: 11 Apr 2008, 05:08 »

I miss Pizza Girl.

I second that. Will we ever know if Penelope is pizza girl? If so, does she no longer deliver? That'd be tragic...

JReynolds

• Larger than most fish
  • We thought you was a toad!
« Reply #24 on: 11 Apr 2008, 18:25 »

I wouldn't mind seeing Pizza Girl without her suit on.

But Jeph doesn't do nudes, so I guess I lose.
When folly and lies are sown broadcast, one necessarily reaps insanity.  --Zola

cgarci21

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Shagtastic
« Reply #25 on: 11 Apr 2008, 18:44 »

pizza, coffee and pen-pen would be the best comic ever. The climax could be the return to Pen-Pen's home planet where she brings coffee and drama to the pizza-making natives.
You know how animals can sense a tsunami coming before humans notice? I'm like that, only for sexy things. -Dora Bianchi

waterloosunset

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #26 on: 12 Apr 2008, 04:43 »

anyone remember that FBI/CIA guy who turned up for pintsizes laser and again with the vespaveneger? what was his name again?

Janny

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #27 on: 12 Apr 2008, 05:52 »

I kinda miss Meena too. But we have to understand that Jeph has a story to tell; now it's about clearing what happened with Faye, then maybe we'll see more of the others characters.

Voxsera

« Reply #28 on: 12 Apr 2008, 06:40 »

anyone remember that FBI/CIA guy who turned up for pintsizes laser and again with the vespaveneger? what was his name again?

Alan Turning ( turing?)...and i only remember that because dora said she used to beat him up.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #29 on: 12 Apr 2008, 08:41 »

Turing, named for a British hero of the second world war.  He cracked the enigma code, which arguably saved more lives than any military action.  Then he was prosecuted for homosexuality and committed suicide.

Turtle

« Reply #30 on: 12 Apr 2008, 08:54 »

Turing, named for a British hero of the second world war.  He cracked the enigma code, which arguably saved more lives than any military action.  Then he was prosecuted for homosexuality and committed suicide.
Wow, I never knew that.

People are bastards.

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
« Reply #31 on: 12 Apr 2008, 09:14 »

...I miss Ellen. Old Ellen, not bitchy Ellen.
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

waterloosunset

« Reply #32 on: 12 Apr 2008, 09:40 »

yes we certainaly do know how to reward our heros  :oops:

Voxsera

« Reply #33 on: 12 Apr 2008, 10:41 »

There was a mate for the tequila monster - which is green, can't seem to remember what he's called , but it appeared when marten was drunk.

*goes to look thru archive*

MrSteevo

• Bros before hoes dawg
« Reply #34 on: 12 Apr 2008, 13:08 »

There was a mate for the tequila monster - which is green, can't seem to remember what he's called , but it appeared when marten was drunk.

*goes to look thru archive*

That's guy's yellow, and he comes when you drink Bourbon as seen here:
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=719

I call him Bourbon Beast.
You would not be able to kill me. I would win.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #35 on: 12 Apr 2008, 18:14 »

The title of the comic says it all "Don't Wanna be your Beast of Bourbon".

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #36 on: 12 Apr 2008, 18:35 »

I'm pretty sure it's a play off the Rolling Stones song "Beast of Burden."
Pages: [1]   Go Up