Yes
- 6 (33.3%)
Maybe
- 1 (5.6%)
No
- 11 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tronnocon D&D is a go: Details within!  (Read 13216 times)

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
Re: Tronnocon D&D is a go: Details within!
« Reply #50 on: 23 Apr 2008, 08:16 »

I've got yours beat, Phil.

You should take one shot for every time you do or say something nerdy.

I expect to have to drag all your nerdy asses to the hospital within twenty minutes.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time
« Reply #51 on: 23 Apr 2008, 09:05 »

D&D? really? i actually am traveling 2500 miles for this... i bet jason would want to play D&D with you guys though. the geeks can have their D&D, the sports geeks can have their hit a ball with a stick or whatever, i will have drunken knitting/karaoke time if anyone would like to join me for that.
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #52 on: 23 Apr 2008, 09:08 »

D&D... hit a ball with a stick... drunken knitting/karaoke

wow, each option sounds worse than the previous.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #53 on: 23 Apr 2008, 09:11 »

hitting a ball with a stick is clearly the best option, but unfortunately it will have to be removed from the list because that is not what ultimate frisbee is.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #54 on: 23 Apr 2008, 09:13 »

ultimate frisbee?! This is the first I've heard of that as an activity for Tronnocon.

jealousy

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time
« Reply #55 on: 23 Apr 2008, 09:14 »

i thought people were going to a baseball game? maybe that changed... i don't know, i've been hiding from the forums lately.
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #56 on: 23 Apr 2008, 09:19 »

They were going to soccer. As a person who doesn't care for soccer and would rather shoot himself in the eye than travel 900 miles to play fucking D&D INDOORS in June, I'm going to be outside finding something to do.
JON MADE ME GAY

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #57 on: 23 Apr 2008, 09:23 »

i haven't been to the tronnocon thread in a a while but i recall there being a pretty huge discussion for a while on ultimate frisbee. are you fuckers really now going to a soccer game instead? seriously?

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #58 on: 23 Apr 2008, 09:27 »

The Ultimate Frisbee match will likely still happen, but people are talking about attending a soccer game too.
JON MADE ME GAY

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #59 on: 23 Apr 2008, 09:31 »

okay good because my decision to make the $20 bus trip to toronto and back for this pretty much completely hinged on the possibility that i would get to tackle people.

and uh... because... i want to hang out with my internet friends of course.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #60 on: 23 Apr 2008, 09:34 »

If this disappoints you, you could always make a last minute change of plans to come to Chicago to play ultimate frisbee. I had honestly until just now when you mentioned it forgot how much I love ultimate frisbee.

Millennium Park will be beautiful that time of year. you know you want to

ADDITION: darn, jon hadn't posted yet

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #61 on: 23 Apr 2008, 11:45 »

Yeah, ultimate was I think the 2nd outdoor activity we planned next to the mock zombie outbreak.

And sorry guys, since it's such a short amount of time in Toronto, I don't think I'll be going to the soccer game.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • All roads lead to WAAAGH!
« Reply #62 on: 23 Apr 2008, 13:43 »

They were going to soccer. As a person who doesn't care for soccer and would rather shoot himself in the eye than travel 900 miles to play fucking D&D INDOORS in June, I'm going to be outside finding something to do.

Exactly. If the sports guys don't go to soccer, we probably won't play, this idea came us as something to fill the nerdy people's time while other people went to watch soccer. but all that said, you fucks should stop shitting in my thread. Seriously. If you don't want to play, don't fucking play, but shut the fuck up about it.
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #63 on: 23 Apr 2008, 13:59 »

Dude Ultimate Frisbee? No fairrrrrrr I wanna play
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #64 on: 23 Apr 2008, 14:08 »

Yeah, ultimate was I think the 2nd outdoor activity we planned next to the mock zombie outbreak.

And sorry guys, since it's such a short amount of time in Toronto, I don't think I'll be going to the soccer game.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'd rather run around and have fun anyway.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

ackblom12

« Reply #65 on: 23 Apr 2008, 16:36 »

Do we get two more points for level 4 and level 8 or no?

Also, I won't be doing any "take a shot" rules, because I plan to be steadily drinking the whole time.

Yes you get the 4th and 8th level attributes and goddamn it at least a couple of us need to have our drinking game cause I think beer is disgusting.

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #66 on: 23 Apr 2008, 19:43 »

I never said I was going to be drinking beer. Beer is basically disgusting.
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #67 on: 24 Apr 2008, 02:48 »

I will not be doing shots. I drink things with the intention of savouring them.

Hey Tommy, at worst we can knock back some bottles of Jack Daniels and watch Queen of the Damned again, eh?
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #68 on: 24 Apr 2008, 02:59 »

Shots are like, ew. Exept embryos. Those are quite nice. At least. I think they are... (They are what a friend of me and my buddies serves us in the bar as a thank-you after dinner parties... They appearantly are disgusting and way to heavy. But as, by the time she hands those out, i am beyond caring, it usually doesnt matter)
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #69 on: 24 Apr 2008, 16:03 »

Oh was it? I am sorry I cannot remember. I had so much delicious alcohol that it all kind of runs together, you know.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #70 on: 28 Apr 2008, 01:38 »

here's an idea:

The current "Spells per day" system sucks! I already talked to ackblom about it and he liked it, so I'm going to post it and the players can argue about it.

Take the spells per day table, in this example, the spells per day of a 5th level sorcerer:

Code: [Select]
Spell level: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Per Day:     6 6 4 - - - - - - -

Now, assign each spell a mana point value, for the sake of ease, we'll say Mana = Spell Level plus one. This Means:

Code: [Select]
Spell Level:mana cost
          0:1
          1:2
          2:3
          3:4
          4:5
          5:6
          6:7
          7:8
          8:9
          9:10

Using the above tables, the example Sorcerer would get 6+ 12+ 12(30) mana, for 6 0 level spells(6 mana) at 1 mana each, 6 1 level spells at 2 mana each(12 mana) and 4 2 level spells at 3 mana each(12 mana).

Now, a sorcerer is a spontaneous caster, so using this system, the sorcerer could cast any combination of spells known in a given day that totals to ≤30.

For say, a wizard, who is not a spontaneous spell caster, You prepare your spells in exactly the same way, but instead or preparing the same spell multiple times, you prepare your maximum number of spells per day, and then you can cast any of the spells multiple times as long as you do not exceed your maximum mana for the day. You can only prepare spells up to the level of spell you would normally be able to cast.

Clerics get to prepare their maximum number of spells per day plus a domain spell of each appropriate level.  Each time after the first you do this, the mana cost increases by two. example:

A level 5 cleric has 0:5 1:4 2:3 3:2 or 30 Mana.

The cleric can cast Inflict/Cure Light Wounds(1 level spell) once at the cost of 2 mana. The next time he casts Inflict/Cure Light Wounds, it will cost 4 mana. After that, 6 mana, and so on. Why does the mana cost go up? Otherwise, The cleric could go "HURR INFLICT/CURE LIGHT WOUNDS" every round, and that's not how it's intended to work.

For Metamagic feats, Silent Spell, Still Spell, et cetera: Instead of applying these feats during spell preparation, you can apply them at any time, increasing in cost by 1 mana for each feat applied. For Example:

Our 5th level Sorcerer casts Grease(PHB237) a 1 level spell at the cost of 2 mana. Now, the Sorcerer decides to use the Quicken Spell feat to cast it instantly instead of as a standard action, increasing the cost to 3 mana. At the same time, he decides to use the Widen Spell feat effect, doubling the area affected by the spell, and increasing the cost to 4 mana, and so on, as many feats as you decide to apply/can afford to apply.

Eschew Materials is not a metamagic feat and thus does not affect the mana cost of spells.

Anyone have any questions/see any problems/want to use this system in canada?
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2008, 02:03 by Something Witty »

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #71 on: 28 Apr 2008, 02:00 »

so how do you figure out which spells you can cast that day?
also israel

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #72 on: 28 Apr 2008, 02:02 »

For say, a wizard, who is not a spontaneous spell caster, You prepare your spells in exactly the same way, but instead or preparing the same spell multiple times, you prepare your maximum number of spells per day, and then you can cast any of the spells multiple times as long as you do not exceed your maximum mana for the day.

You can only prepare spells up to the level of spell you could normally cast. I meant to put that in there the first time, it's there now.
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2008, 02:05 by Something Witty »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up