THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 01:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Merch woes  (Read 8618 times)

TropicalLauren

Merch woes
« on: 16 Apr 2008, 10:44 »

So there is a rather important typo on the store website 2-4 weeks really should be 2-4 MONTHS. I ordered a t-shirt on the 15th of February and it's the 16th of April and it's not here yet! Now before you go 'blah blah AIM QCMERCH blah'. I most certainly did that, I did that after it had been 4 or 5 weeks since I ordered and they were going to send it next week because they had to go on vacation. I received an email of shipment on the 27th of March. And then I contacted them again just a few weeks ago and they CLAIM to have sent it and 'it's in the mail', but it's not yet appeared.

It's now been 9 weeks and I move out of the country in two weeks and if I don't get it before then, I'll be taking it up with my credit card company if they can't show me explicit undeniable proof of shipment.

The thing that really gets me though, is that I was never ONCE issued an apology for the delay. Word of advice: Rather than showing your support by buying things, just click on the ads, it'll save you being in a position like mine where you are screwed out of your money. I'll never be buying something from here again.

qtownstegy

• Larger than most fish
  • I lie to myself constantly!
Re: Merch woes
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2008, 12:01 »

You do realize that it is just two people running this merch right?

Jeph and Cristi do their best to get hundreds of orders out, but there will always be issues. You need to talk to them.

PayPal been droppin' shit over the past few months, we are working on catching up. Expect some big changes come May-ish as well.

You may be part of this situation, or your mailing address may have a flaw that has not allowed delivery.

That's why Cristi posted this:

I would also like to point out that because I am not psychic yet, if I get an email that just says "I ordered a shirt, where is it?" and it is from a name that is a) not real or b) not the name you ordered with OR from an email address that isn't attached to an order that we have, I cannot really help you. Please email me using the email address you used to order OR include it in the email you send.

Things I DO NOT need to identify your order unless I specifically ask for them:

-Credit Card information (I will never ask for this.)
-Transaction ID
-Receipt ID
-your address unless you want to change it

Things I DO need to find your order:

-the name of the person who ordered. If you used your parent's credit card, I need their name as it appears on the card.
-the email address you used to order
-a subject line that does not read "re: notification of payment" because those blend in when I am looking at my email
-a subject line. period. Our email program automatically filters out emails with blank subject lines because it thinks they are spam.

I hope all of these are helpful tips!

They may be able to change the address it's sending to. I do hope that you get your shirt.
Quote from: Blue Kitty
"Man, why is it that whores find my Myspace?  I mean, my name is the Blue Kitty, not, 'Hey whore, I will add you'"

TropicalLauren

« Reply #2 on: 16 Apr 2008, 13:45 »

You do realize that it is just two people running this merch right?

Jeph and Cristi do their best to get hundreds of orders out, but there will always be issues. You need to talk to them.

I DID contact them, several times throughout the post. Did you even read it?

Let me point stuff out for you because you seem to have given me a generic response.

Now before you go 'blah blah AIM QCMERCH blah'. I most certainly did that.

I did that after it had been 4 or 5 weeks since I ordered

And then I contacted them again just a few weeks ago and they CLAIM to have sent it and 'it's in the mail', but it's not yet appeared.

When speaking to QCMerch on AIM, I included all necessary information and they were able to see which transaction was mine.
I double, triple and quadruple checked my address in the email that was sent to me.
They would not be able to change the address if they actually shipped it like they claim. On top of that, if they could change it, they would only want to charge me MORE money for shipping half way around the world to my new home. Not the 700 miles it is from Massachusetts to Nova Scotia.

You imply that I did something wrong. I DIDN'T. It's purely a problem on their end. Even if they are only two people, they still are expected to provide a service in a time which THEY said. It's not like the website SAYS 2-4 months, it says WEEKS. As a consumer, if I feel that they haven't held up their side of the deal, then I have every right to complain. I didn't do it at 4 weeks and 1 day, I didn't do it at two months, but it's almost been two and half months. DOUBLE their upper boundary.

Shinigami84

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #3 on: 16 Apr 2008, 14:01 »

This doesn't seem to just be an isolated situation.  I ordered a t-shirt on February 12.  I still haven't been received it yet.  I contacted them and they keep telling me soon.  If they are going to offer something for sale they should make sure that they can deliver on their promises.  I purchased the shirt for a birthday that was a month ago.  I don't think I'll do it again. :-(

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #4 on: 16 Apr 2008, 17:05 »

Rather then freaking out on the forum about this, why don't you just relax? Getting mad about not getting a t-shirt isn't going to get you any where. If the shirt doesn't arrive by the 27th of this (since you got the confirmation on March 27th). why don't you just e-mail them and be like, "I never got this t-shirt, could I please have a refund?". If you aren't a bitch about it, they may be willing to work WITH you. but if you're going to be heinous about it, I wouldn't blame them for just saying "Fuck you".

That being said, it may just be that the postal service lost it, and it's not their fault at all. Other things that could have happened: do you live in a dorm (I don't know how old you are, or whatever) or apartment? Maybe got delivered and you never got notice of it in your mail box --that happened to me once. If that's a possibility, check on it before you freak out some more.

Shinigami84

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2008, 18:02 »

Getting mad about a t-shirt may or may not get me anywhere but dealing with them sure hasn't.  I've contacted them 3 times, all I have gotten is "it's coming soon..."  This is not a way to run a business and like it or not that's what they are running when they offer t-shirts for sale. 

This is a chronic problem they seem to have--not just some isolated event (see the other topic "t-shirt woes" in this forum).  Complaining is a perfectly valid way of dealing with this situation.  It warns others about the type of service they should be expecting.  That's why they have feedback on eBay.  My shirt was ordered over 2 months ago, and if they could not deliver in their 2-4 weeks they never should have advertised that they could.  Not delivering on your promises is bad business.

Calling people bitches for complaining just plain rude.  Our complaints have merit and I don't think either of us have been over the top.  Do you think anyone is going to really listen to you when you use that kind of tone? or are you just being a troll?  Hint: if you're going to be heinous about it, you shouldn't blame others for saying "fuck you."
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2008, 18:04 by Shinigami84 »

Shinigami84

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #6 on: 16 Apr 2008, 18:11 »

BTW, I respect Jeph and Christi for providing a wonderful webcomic for free.  I don't mean any disrespect to them.  But they need to be more accurate in their advertising, and to be able to deliver when they offer a product for sale.

I just get mad when people call me a "bitch" and accuse me of "freaking out" for voicing a perfectly valid beef.

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #7 on: 16 Apr 2008, 19:12 »

I wasn't calling anyone a bitch. I was saying that you're over reacting and the comic forums aren't the place for this discussion.

If you're getting responses from Cristi or Jeph saying that "they're on the way", then you need to be patient, not take it up with the world. Like Stegy said before: There are two people running the business, and hundreds of fans out there waiting for merchandise. They do the best that they can, and you shouldn't get irate and fill their boards with this kind of stuff --especially when if you take the time to read similar threads, they always say the same thing: They can't help you here.

Oh, and there wasn't a need for the double post --you obviously know to modify your previous post. And I'm not being a "troll", I'm just telling you like it is. There's a big difference between trolling and being a good forumite.
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2008, 19:14 by ThePQ4 »

Shinigami84

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #8 on: 16 Apr 2008, 19:23 »

The point isn't to get help here, I've tried getting help from them.  The point is to express frustration and to warn people what they'll have to deal with before purchasing.  Do you think I haven't been trying to work with them?  I tried contacting them 3 times.  That seems to be just as effective as posting here.

They aren't doing the best possible.  I've ordered from plenty of webcomic sites before and never had problems.  There obviously is a problem with the way that they do things, which it seems Jeph is going to change in May.  In the mean time I'm still waiting.  If this isn't the place to discuss it where is it?  It certainly doesn't seem to be contacting them through IM or email.

By the way, how is expressing frustration about a retailer on their own message board overreacting?

P.S.   The first post was directed toward you.  The second would be weird in the first.  It was directed at the general public.  I figured it makes sense to put a second post when the second isn't directed to the same recipient as the first.  At least that's the way it made sense in my head.

P.P.S.   I count ad hominem attacks as trolling.  And implying that someone would be a bitch, is such an attack.
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2008, 19:35 by Shinigami84 »

qtownstegy

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #9 on: 17 Apr 2008, 07:15 »

Don't get mad at me buddy.

I simply gave you simple advice on how to hopefully correct the situation. You still need to talk to them AGAIN because they do not want unhappy customers. Also, no where in your first post does it state that you checked and double checked and even triple checked your mailing address, so how was I supposed to know. Lastly, have you contacted your post office to see if they attempt to deliver the shirt but where unable, as PQ stated, some offices do not leave packages out if they cannot fit them in a mail slot and some require signatures.

Yes there have been issues with deliveries, but as I stated before, Jeph and Cristi send out hundreds of shirts every month and we have maybe a half dozen or so complaints here each month, most have ended up be the fault of Pay Pal or the buyer, so I think their track record is pretty good.

You could also PM Cristi here and ask her, but you need to be polite and calm when you do so. Not only will you make them more likely to help you out, but you may find that it helps with the blood pressure.

I still hope that you do get your shirt.

"Man, why is it that whores find my Myspace?  I mean, my name is the Blue Kitty, not, 'Hey whore, I will add you'"

TropicalLauren

« Reply #10 on: 17 Apr 2008, 07:24 »

If that's a possibility, check on it before you freak out some more.

I'm not freaking out, my mood is completely normal and if I were to take a stress test I would pass with flying colours. If your definition of freaking out is 'presenting a problem in a civil calm manner', then that would be ONLY way you could consider me freaking out. I'm not expecting the staff to do anything at this point, I'm just trying to serve as a warning. Before I ordered, I checked the forums, and there were a few people who said they had trouble but they weren't very specific in their problems and were at the stages qtown mentioned. Hopefully someone else who is thinking about ordering will also come here and see how much trouble a coherent person has had with the merch. If I was freaking out, I would be saying things like 'I'M BOYCOTTING THE SITE IM NEVER COMING HERE AGAIN OMFG I HATE YOU AALLLLLLLLLLLLLL'. I didn't do that. I explained my situation and said that if someone wants to support the website, they should do so by clicking ads because buying things from them is a messy procedure.

Getting mad about a t-shirt may or may not get me anywhere but dealing with them sure hasn't.  I've contacted them 3 times, all I have gotten is "it's coming soon..."  This is not a way to run a business and like it or not that's what they are running when they offer t-shirts for sale. 

Calling people bitches for complaining just plain rude.  Our complaints have merit and I don't think either of us have been over the top.  Do you think anyone is going to really listen to you when you use that kind of tone? or are you just being a troll?  Hint: if you're going to be heinous about it, you shouldn't blame others for saying "fuck you."

Exactly. I wholeheartedly agree. I wasn't mean or rude or anything and neither were you. I'd make some crude psychoanalysis about her protectiveness of the site, but I'd just get attacked more. In my conversations with the staff, I was never rude or demanding, simply inquiring and I didn't whine or complain. However I really would have liked an apology. I expect you didn't get one either? If they are overwhelmed with a large number of orders they should say 'sorry, we're overwhelmed with a large number of orders'. If they are dealing with person issues, say 'sorry, we're dealing with personal issue' but the lack of care in the conversations really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Oh, and there wasn't a need for the double post --you obviously know to modify your previous post. And I'm not being a "troll", I'm just telling you like it is. There's a big difference between trolling and being a good forumite.

Please calm down, you're being more aggressive than either of us with your 'YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW HOW.....'. phbb can be rather complicated, and if he/she wants to double post, what's the difference to you. I would reconsider your assumption that you are a 'good forumite'.

Don't get mad at me buddy.

I simply gave you simple advice on how to hopefully correct the situation. You still need to talk to them AGAIN because they do not want unhappy customers. Also, no where in your first post does it state that you checked and double checked and even triple checked your mailing address, so how was I supposed to know. Lastly, have you contacted your post office to see if they attempt to deliver the shirt but where unable, as PQ stated, some offices do not leave packages out if they cannot fit them in a mail slot and some require signatures.

Yes there have been issues with deliveries, but as I stated before, Jeph and Cristi send out hundreds of shirts every month and we have maybe a half dozen or so complaints here each month, most have ended up be the fault of Pay Pal or the buyer, so I think their track record is pretty good.

You could also PM Cristi here and ask her, but you need to be polite and calm when you do so. Not only will you make them more likely to help you out, but you may find that it helps with the blood pressure.

Wow you guys here must be on some major sedatives, because I'm not angry or impolite or anything that you keep accusing me of. I was sharp in my post because the advice you posted was not relevant to me, nor did you make any indication that you even addressed my situation as an individual situation.  You addressed me with a copied and pasted response that I'm sure you have to give out a lot, but if you had read my post, you would have known that it's wasn't applicable for me. The mail issue is not a problem, I have ordered many things off the internet before, and they have always come. I live in an apartment building with large mailboxes and I check it several times a day on my way in and out of the building. Not every person who has a problem will complain here, especially if any read things like this and see the mean way you regs treat newbies, here.

Now please, if anybody would like to point out WHERE I've been unreasonable, angry, not calm, impolite or the other things that is being insinuated of me, I would thoroughly like to see where that is.

TropicalLauren

« Reply #11 on: 17 Apr 2008, 07:30 »

Oh no, I hope I don't get sacrificed because I'm double posting.

Mailbox situations that could happen

-Mailperson puts it in the box, I am happy.
-Mailperson cannot fit it in the box, he/she rings the bell above the mailbox.
-------If someone comes down, yay I have my merch and am happy
-------If someone does not come dow, they a) take it back and redeliver it at a later date b) put a notice in my mailbox and then do a
-Mailperson puts it in my box, someone steals it because they just REALLY love QC - I am sad.
-Mailperson puts it in the wrong box, the person can either a) put it on a chair by the mailbox where we put people's mail that don't live there anymore, it happens a lot. b) take it and steal it (I am sad.)

Maybe the same person who stole mine, stole Shinigami84's!

qtownstegy

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #12 on: 17 Apr 2008, 08:05 »

Okay, I do need to apologize a little here, I lost track of who was typing what so my last post may run together for the both of you, that is my bad. And I will agree that PQ's choice of words were not the best.

On this forum, all caps equals yelling or sarcasm. So in capitalizing some words in your post and italicizing others, you give the impression of anger/condescending since this is a complaint thread. You also seem to take all advice as a personal attack, both of you. Simply being nice to someone when you are seeking a conclusion to a certain situation is common place where I'm from and is usually the best way to handle a situation. (read as a life lesson) Also, you still need to talk to Jeph or Cristi. They are the only two people in the entire world who can help you, but you may need to initiate the contact since they are rather busy people. Who knows, they may even apologize if you do and they are wrong.

I don't see where I'm being outlandish with my posts, the first of which was kind of general, but a common piece of advice who come to this site with questions about their merchandise. In a way, my post was a warning to your warning. The main thing that I remember is that arguments on he internet are pointless, so I never get mad about them. (read more lessons) But if this thread has taught me anything, it's that I'll probably receive a snarky response. Because again you come back with a information that there is no way I could have know since you did not include that in your previous post. How should I know how big your mailbox is? The fact that you had received other packages means little due to varying package sizes. Also, I have learned that the mail can always be an issue, since I have mailed bills a week in advance and still received last fees.

You have complained. This whole thread is a complaint. Don't try to trick us now by saying it's a warning. If it was just a warning to others, then you could still describe the situation and state your opinion without the sarcasm.

Also, if you want to see how we normally treat newbies, take a look at the Hi, I'm New section. We'd be glad to have you.

Now if anyone has anymore to say to me specifically, then take it up with me over PM, otherwise I will no longer respond here because I see it as fruitless.

I still hope that you get your shirt.
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2008, 08:31 by qtownstegy »

Bridgebrain

« Reply #13 on: 17 Apr 2008, 08:45 »

Oh no, I hope I don't get sacrificed because I'm double posting.
SACRIFICE HER TO APPEASE THE QC GODS! Ho Ha Hoo Haha!

Sorry, had to say it.

Shinigami84

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #14 on: 17 Apr 2008, 09:07 »

qtownstegy:
I didn't have much of a problem of the way you answered.  Although it seemed that your advice would not be useful to either of us, it was good natured. (TropicalLauren I think only has a problem with the non-usefulness of your advice, though it's probably useful for others it's no good for either of us)  My package had never even been shipped (though I apologize for neglecting to mention that).  My anger was never directed to you.  It is PQ4 that I have the problem with, and it is with her tone...though her advice doesn't seem to useful to me either.
I don't think I have been sarcastic, nor have I used caps or italics, so voicing my complaint was served here.  The rest of the discussion (at least for me) has just been responses to mean-spirited posts.

On the bright side:
After 9 weeks of waiting, I got a shipping notification this morning! :-)

TropicalLauren

« Reply #15 on: 17 Apr 2008, 11:56 »

Okay, I do need to apologize a little here, I lost track of who was typing what so my last post may run together for the both of you, that is my bad. And I will agree that PQ's choice of words were not the best.

On this forum, all caps equals yelling or sarcasm. So in capitalizing some words in your post and italicizing others, you give the impression of anger/condescending since this is a complaint thread.

I know this, I'm not new to the internet. I wrote the first post like I would speak it. It wasn't all caps, I was using caps and italics to emphasize my point. I just read everything I typed again, and I said what I meant and meant what I said. Emphasis, not entire yelling. Claim was capitalized because they said it's been 3 weeks to ship it the 700 miles it is from Massachusetts to Nova Scotia, (only a 10 hour drive).

Also, you still need to talk to Jeph or Cristi. They are the only two people in the entire world who can help you, but you may need to initiate the contact since they are rather busy people. Who knows, they may even apologize if you do and they are wrong.

What good would it do if they actually have done what they claim? They said they have shipped it. I asked for a tracking number, they did not have one. If you like, I will talk to them AGAIN and can send you the transcript of the uselessness.

I don't see where I'm being outlandish with my posts, the first of which was kind of general, but a common piece of advice who come to this site with questions about their merchandise. In a way, my post was a warning to your warning.

I really didn't have too much problem with your post. I even admitted that I know that you must get the kind of issues where your info was applicable. But I still think that it was not relevant to me and reading my original post should have conveyed that. It IS good advice (emphasis, not yelling), but it just wasn't for ME (emphasis, not yelling)

The main thing that I remember is that arguments on he internet are pointless, so I never get mad about them. (read more lessons) But if this thread has taught me anything, it's that I'll probably receive a snarky response. Because again you come back with a information that there is no way I could have know since you did not include that in your previous post. How should I know how big your mailbox is? The fact that you had received other packages means little due to varying package sizes. Also, I have learned that the mail can always be an issue, since I have mailed bills a week in advance and still received last fees.

One of the things I bought was a 10 foot pole from California, so go figure on how a t-shirt would be a problem. I know that you couldn't ever know the size of my mailbox (without being really creepy). Some of my snarkiness was probably misdirected at you when it should have been aimed at PQ, but I just really feel like you're skimming my posts and not reading correctly.

You have complained. This whole thread is a complaint. Don't try to trick us now by saying it's a warning. If it was just a warning to others, then you could still describe the situation and state your opinion without the sarcasm.

Did you see the words 'Words of Advice' at the bottom? That's usually a warning signal. Adding slight sarcasm regarding the vacation bit doesn't seem to take away from the point. I agree that arguing over the internet is pointless when you're faced with an ignorant opponent but I don't see you as one, and I still don't think we're arguing. I'm still perfectly calm.

<3?

And YAY for your shipping notification. I didn't know that you were still waiting for one of those! Eep, and I was bitching just over shipping.

Pengraffe

• Admin emeritus
  • Emoticontraindication
« Reply #16 on: 17 Apr 2008, 16:38 »

I would just like to point out that if I "claim" to ship something, I have actually shipped it. Also, the "vacation" in question was me going to Tennessee so I could be with my grandmother on the one year anniversary of my grandfather's death which happened to coincide with Easter this year. Jeph was giving a talk at a college in Maryland the same weekend. Did I tell her that to begin with? No. Because it is my private life, and people don't really need those details. I know exactly who the person posting is, and I have offered her a refund several times.

By the way, does anyone want a Ladies Medium Math is Delicious in a scoopneck style shirt? Someone wanted it and then didn't want it.
HONK HONK, I'm a pengraffe.

TropicalLauren

« Reply #17 on: 17 Apr 2008, 18:20 »

I have offered her a refund several times.

Once.

After I had posted all this. The conversation where you offered me one for the FIRST time came after all my posts in this thread. I completely understand the bitterness in your post, but I do think it's important that people know that this was AFTER all the posts in the thread.
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2008, 18:24 by TropicalLauren »

Pengraffe

• Admin emeritus
  • Emoticontraindication
« Reply #18 on: 17 Apr 2008, 19:49 »

I am going to refund you. I was not ignoring you tonight, I was just not in front of my computer. Also, I offered you a refund twice today when we were talking, which was before I read this thread. I don't spend a lot of time reading the forums because I have a lot of work to do.
HONK HONK, I'm a pengraffe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up