THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 17:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is shipping/email response always this slow?  (Read 4273 times)

evil_bit

is shipping/email response always this slow?
« on: 18 Apr 2008, 08:40 »

hello,
i placed an order for a few shirts on march 25; i am yet to receive a shipping notice, or even a response on my 2 follow-ups (to qcmerch) since.
not very confident i'll be getting my stuff, so before i take action with paypal to force a refund i wanted to check with others if waiting so long is a norm.

i've never had to wait for more than 1 week for shipping, and certainly not more than 2-3 days for a freaking e-mail response.  this is really shitty...

/not happy

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
Re: is shipping/email response always this slow?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2008, 15:35 »

So you've emailed twice to see what's up with your stuff and they haven't replied?  You should take that as a good sign.....kind of.  I ordered stuff from here last year and I don't remember the details too well....but I know that I got my stuff after a couple weeks (I live in Canada).  So eventually your email will be replied to...or you'll get your stuff in the mail.  Oh...have you checked to see that your order actually went all the way through?

qtownstegy

• Larger than most fish
  • I lie to myself constantly!
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2008, 17:24 »

PayPal been droppin' shit over the past few months, we are working on catching up. Expect some big changes come May-ish as well.

You may be part of this situation, or your mailing address may have a flaw that has not allowed delivery.

That's why Cristi posted this:

I would also like to point out that because I am not psychic yet, if I get an email that just says "I ordered a shirt, where is it?" and it is from a name that is a) not real or b) not the name you ordered with OR from an email address that isn't attached to an order that we have, I cannot really help you. Please email me using the email address you used to order OR include it in the email you send.

Things I DO NOT need to identify your order unless I specifically ask for them:

-Credit Card information (I will never ask for this.)
-Transaction ID
-Receipt ID
-your address unless you want to change it

Things I DO need to find your order:

-the name of the person who ordered. If you used your parent's credit card, I need their name as it appears on the card.
-the email address you used to order
-a subject line that does not read "re: notification of payment" because those blend in when I am looking at my email
-a subject line. period. Our email program automatically filters out emails with blank subject lines because it thinks they are spam.

I hope all of these are helpful tips!

Check over those things to be sure. Hopefully that will help.

I really think a Merch question thread may be in order. I'm sure Cristi gets tired of these.
Quote from: Blue Kitty
"Man, why is it that whores find my Myspace?  I mean, my name is the Blue Kitty, not, 'Hey whore, I will add you'"

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2008, 21:49 »

I really think a Merch question thread may be in order. I'm sure Cristi gets tired of these.

I'm sure everyone's tired of these.....There's like....4 now I believe?  If people just read the other ones and saw the same answers posted again and again there wouldn't be this problem.

nuser

« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2008, 03:20 »

Well personally I've sent repeated emails in the format requested giving all my information and it's gotten me nowhere.  I ordered a tote in DECEMBER.  It was out of stock when I ordered it but was to be back in stock in Janaury.  Over four months after ordering and several emails the best I have gotten is one reply that it "should" have been sent in January and someone would check the office to see if it was there.  I got no follow up as it if it was found, why I have never received shipping confirmation, if it will ever actually get to me, or what is going on.  I understand that people are busy and there are a lot of orders, but this has been going on for months.  I keep asking either a shipping number or a refund and I can't seem to get either; i can't even get a response to an email anymore.

evil_bit

« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2008, 22:15 »

thanks for all the responses.  i used same name/email to place the order as i did to inquire, and that's also my paypal id as well.

i wouldn't have as much of a problem with this if there were an easily-accessible merchandise order update info *somewhere* on the site.  instead, in order to figure out what's going on i have to go sleuthing through forums on the off-chance i may catch a reply from jeph or someone else who could know what's going on.

at the very least, have a canned response on the status of the order queue and a reasonable range estimate on shipping dates for all merchandise inquiries.

really, any forthcoming info would be most welcome.

KamikaziCal

• Plantmonster
  • TEXT can go here?
« Reply #6 on: 21 Apr 2008, 21:30 »

I ordered mid February.
About 3 weeks ago I sent an email from the email I ordered with.
About a week after that, I got a response explaining why nothing had shipped yet, and saying that it should be ready "soon"
Late last week I received a shipping notification.
USPS still says they have no shipping information, but know that the shipment exists...

So yea, they do take a while, but they do send the stuff eventually.. I would suggest waiting a week, emailing, if you dont get a reply in another week or two, emailing again.
They are really slow in getting the stuff out (because there is only the two of them, and I'm sure they get lots of orders) but they do get them out eventually.. Or so everyone keeps saying. I'm really excited for my stuff to get here.

KamikaziCal

• Plantmonster
  • TEXT can go here?
« Reply #7 on: 25 Apr 2008, 00:11 »

I got my stuff today :)
and it fits/ looks great.
So keep your hopes up guys, and thanks to you who are responsible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up