THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 18:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lolly '08  (Read 2156 times)

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
Lolly '08
« on: 23 Apr 2008, 10:07 »

Anyone going to Lollapalooza in Chicago this year? Their headliners are pretty good: Radiohead and Rage Against the Machine. Then there's Wilco, The Raconteurs, The Black Keys, Broken Social Scene, Lupe Fiasco, Gogol Bordello, Kanye West, Girl Talk, Does it Offend You, Yeah? and Steel Train, among dozens of others.

It's always a fantastic time--last year I saw The Stooges, one of the best shows I've ever been to. Pearl Jam was pretty underwhelimg, but it was still lots of fun.

Lolly's definitely got a better lineup than Bonnaroo this year (Jack Johnson as a headliner? Really?)
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
Re: Lolly '08
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2008, 10:14 »

Pssh.  I wish.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #2 on: 23 Apr 2008, 10:15 »

yeah. i wish i was going because The Black Keys, The Raconteurs, and Gogol Bordello together equals boners for me.

i guess i like Radiohead a little bit too.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #3 on: 23 Apr 2008, 12:34 »

Yeah.  Definitely gonna be there
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

TheoristB

• Larger than most fish
    • http://www.ohnonarecords.com
« Reply #4 on: 23 Apr 2008, 13:20 »

I will be there all three days.  I normally do not go to festivals for two reasons.  1.  I do not like the sun.  We do not get along.  2.  I do not like large groups of people.  We do not get along.  But, the line up is pretty awesome.  I have to see Radiohead.  I will shake my fist furiously at anyone who keeps me from seeing Radiohead.  Rage and NIN were basicly my favorite bands in the 8th grade so I can not pass seeing them up. 

Also on the bill are Does it offend you, yeah? Foals, Bloc Party, Wilco, Explosions in the Sky and Steven Malkmus and the Jicks.

Basically the line up is getting me out of my basement in the day time.

Ninja Edit - I forgot about Battles... I don't know how but I did.  I am ready for them to blow my mind.
You Smarmy Bastard.

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #5 on: 23 Apr 2008, 20:34 »

I'm going, but I know I'm gonna be a snobby douchebag a lot of the time. It's so huge you attract fans of all kinds, and people who've never been to concerts before, or don't normally go to shows.  Bascially there will probably be a lot of dumb people ther, and too many of them, and they will all be sweaty. But wait! Bitchin' tunes!

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #6 on: 23 Apr 2008, 21:20 »

I am so tempted to go. Chicago is close enough to drive to and there are a lot of bands that I would totally go see. I just can't afford $195 dollars for a ticket. Sad day.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #7 on: 24 Apr 2008, 08:56 »

Get some friends together and just buy one ticket between you. You can slip them wristbands off real easy, and then hand them through the fence.
Pages: [1]   Go Up