THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will be the villian in the next Batman movie?

The Joker (again)
- 2 (2.7%)
The Mob
- 2 (2.7%)
Poison Ivy
- 0 (0%)
Catwoman
- 8 (10.7%)
Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins
- 1 (1.3%)
Bane
- 5 (6.7%)
Clayface
- 4 (5.3%)
Firefly
- 1 (1.3%)
Harleyquinn
- 4 (5.3%)
The Mad Hatter
- 3 (4%)
Man-Bat
- 1 (1.3%)
Mr. Freeze
- 3 (4%)
The Penguin
- 8 (10.7%)
The Riddler
- 18 (24%)
The Scarecrow
- 4 (5.3%)
Ventriloquist and Scarface
- 5 (6.7%)
Other (Let me know if you want me to add someone to the poll)
- 6 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The Dark Knight (SPOILERS START ON PAGE 3)  (Read 152988 times)

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
The Dark Knight (SPOILERS START ON PAGE 3)
« on: 05 May 2008, 03:46 »

http://entimg.msn.com/i/movietrailers/HD/trailers/darkknight.asx

Shows more, but for some reason it doesn't do all that much for me... still, I am now completely convinced Ledger as Joker will be kickass =)
« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2008, 00:36 by Johnny C »
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
Re: New Dark Knight trailer
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2008, 07:23 »

I'm sure the mocvie will be kick ass.  Michael Caine said the Ledger was so scary, Caine forgot his lines.  That ought to be excellent.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2008, 21:12 »

I've seen Iron man twice now(gonna be three times this weekend), and my favorite part is always the Dark Knight trailer at the beginning. I can't wait for this movie to come out! I am beyond excited.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2008, 22:39 »

EXCITEMENT EXCITEMENT EXCITEMENT EXCITEMENT
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2008, 23:48 »

Fuckin' A.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2008, 01:20 »

There looks to be a pretty massive spoiler in it, but only if you're looking hard.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

minorbird

• Plantmonster
  • The horror.
« Reply #6 on: 06 May 2008, 03:55 »

God I love Christian Bale. If its half as good as the last one, fuck yes.

Muppet King

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #7 on: 06 May 2008, 04:35 »

Batman Begins was trash, but a step in the right direction.  It suffered from a poor choice in villain and casting for Batman.  Christian Bale isn't built correctly and lacks the necessary power in his voice.

That said, I don't like the casting for Two Face, Eckhart can play Dent, but I'm skeptical of his ability to play Dent on a run of bad heads.
Yes, as a matter of fact, we'll probably use algebra like mad today!

minorbird

• Plantmonster
  • The horror.
« Reply #8 on: 06 May 2008, 05:08 »

My man crush on Bale might be swaying my judgement here, but I thought he did a reasonable job. But then again I haven't had much to do with the comics, tv shows or anime. I thought it was a big step up from Batman and Robin though. Whenever I think of those films I keep hearing Seal singing Kiss from a Rose. Ugh.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #9 on: 06 May 2008, 06:32 »

Batman Begins was trash, but a step in the right direction.  It suffered from a poor choice in villain and casting for Batman.  Christian Bale isn't built correctly and lacks the necessary power in his voice.

Seriously? I loved Batman Begins! Scarecrow has always been my favourite Batman villain and I thought that Murphy did a fantastic job of portraying a weak but intelligent man on a total power trip. I think his fear-inducing hallucinogen could have been done [urlhttp://achewood.com/index.php?date=10142003]better[/url] (I didn't think much of the Batman with the glowing face that the crowd saw but that is my only complaint) but Neeson playing Ducard/Ras Al'Ghul was done really well so it balanced out (Ducard was a little too reminiscent of Qui Gon Jin but it was never going to be perfect).

I also thought that Bale did a fantastic job of Bruce Wayne and Batman. He totally looked the part and I believed the smouldering anger in the voice. It was definitely a step up from Kilmer or Clooney (though George Clooney is generally awesome) and it made much more sense than Michael Keaton, even if he did do a fantastic job in the Burton films. I honestly couldn't think of a better person to play Wayne and Batman than Christian Bale. Dude is a solid actor.
« Last Edit: 06 May 2008, 06:40 by Jimmy the Squid »
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Muppet King

« Reply #10 on: 06 May 2008, 07:29 »

I never liked Scarecrow and that's really my only reasoning for not liking the villain choice.  I understand it from the plot perspective, he's just starting out he needs a villain that's sane and not too powerful.  Using Ras definitely made this tollerable for me.

The casting aside from Bale was wonderful.  Bale doesn't have the power in his voice that Batman should have.  It just sounds like he's a heavy smoker when he's in that persona.  As for him as Wayne, I didn't like how he acted in public.  I felt like he acted too much like his alter ego and too intelligent.  I've always preferred the writing of Wayne as the playboy with no knowledge in the business world; it seems more realistic as a cover to me.  He also lacks the necessary jawline for Batman.

More than anything, though, I hated what they did to the Batmobile and the pathetic look of the batarangs.

That said, I can't wait for Dark Knight.  The Joker is my favorite villain of all time, and it looks like Ledger didn't fuck it up too much.  I hate that they gave him a glassgow smile as the makeup though; they made him look more like a junky than a psychotic, evil, son of a bitch.

thehollow

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #11 on: 06 May 2008, 07:40 »

they made him look more like a junky than a psychotic, evil, son of a bitch.
A self-inflicted Glasgow smile doesn't seem like the action of a psychotic person to you? I always pictured as him having done that himself.

Muppet King

« Reply #12 on: 06 May 2008, 10:40 »

I see where you're coming from, but I've always seen the Joker as a different kind of psychotic.  A self inflicted Glasgow smile is more the style of Black Mask.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #13 on: 06 May 2008, 12:39 »

Man, you're kind of coming off as one of those anal retentive obsessive comic fans who simply cannot be pleased by anything unless it's shot for shot accurate to the comics. It's a fucking move and a damn good one at that.

I've been reading comics for some sixteen years now and I'd say it was fantastic, particularly Bale.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #14 on: 06 May 2008, 13:35 »

Yeah, I think you're being way to picky. I thought the casting choices were amazing in the last film (minus Katie Holmes, but only because I can't stand her) and after seeing the new trailer, I'm convinced they made good choices this time around, too.  I've been into Batman since I was little and I think they're doing a great job with this series.

Response to the trailer: *drool* I am so excited for this movie. SO EXCITED.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Dissy

« Reply #15 on: 06 May 2008, 13:45 »

Man, you're kind of coming off as one of those anal retentive obsessive comic fans who simply cannot be pleased by anything unless it's shot for shot accurate to the comics. It's a fucking move and a damn good one at that.

I've been reading comics for some sixteen years now and I'd say it was fantastic, particularly Bale.

Agreed.  Although, I think the Glasgow smile is exactly what the Joker would do.  He is a crazy fucker
I fuck at typos

Muppet King

« Reply #16 on: 06 May 2008, 14:22 »

After re-reading what I wrote, yeah I guess I am being a little picky, sorry about that.  I guess I'm hoping too much that they'll do an accurate recreation of No Man's Land or something.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #17 on: 06 May 2008, 14:27 »

There looks to be a pretty massive spoiler in it, but only if you're looking hard.

I think I know what you're referring to, but maybe I'm guessing wrong. This forum doesn't have spoiler text, either, so I can't check.

[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #18 on: 06 May 2008, 14:29 »

Nolan's Batman movies are basically the best Batman we will ever be able to hope to see on the big screen. No one will top his vision and ballsyness to just say "Batman is not for kids" and go through with it, as intensely and realistically as possible.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #19 on: 06 May 2008, 15:22 »

I think I know what you're referring to, but maybe I'm guessing wrong. This forum doesn't have spoiler text, either, so I can't check.

Supposedly at some point there is a brief shot of Twoface.  I've watched the trailer 3 times and only saw Harvey Dent's face in a puddle of gasoline.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #20 on: 06 May 2008, 15:26 »

Look very closely.

I noticed it my first time through. The revolver kind of tips you off and grabs your attention. How many district attorneys do you know who brandish revolvers?
JON MADE ME GAY

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #21 on: 06 May 2008, 15:34 »

Yeah, I assumed that it was the shot of Dent with the gun, because one side of his face was deliberately facing away from the camera. I didn't actually notice the scarring until the still, though.

Is that really much of a spoiler anyway? Didn't everyone more or less expect that to happen during the course of the movie?

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #22 on: 06 May 2008, 15:40 »

Man, some people would consider knowing that Michael Caine broke wind on the set thirteen days into shooting a spoiler. Can never be too cautious.
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #23 on: 06 May 2008, 15:45 »

I caught that in the preview, but I figured that would have been addressed before the end of the movie anyways, considering it's got both the Joker and Harvey Dent.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #24 on: 06 May 2008, 19:08 »

I'm sure the mocvie will be kick ass.  Michael Caine said the Ledger was so scary, Caine forgot his lines.  That ought to be excellent.

Look familiar?  :wink:

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #25 on: 06 May 2008, 19:35 »

That wasn't the spoiler I was referring to, though I guess that is also a spoiler!

CHUD had a comment about it when the trailer debuted, you can look it up there.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #26 on: 06 May 2008, 19:48 »

Look familiar?  :wink:

Wow.  I read through the thread twice to make sure it wasn't this one.  I think my brain is auto-adjusting to not read lines from people without avatars.  I'll delete that one, then.
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #27 on: 06 May 2008, 21:26 »

Dude....If a spoiler head my way i'm not going to turn my head.  If I know the ending to something I'm still going to enjoy the movie just as much as I would if I didn't know the spoiler....but that's just me.  I knew the ending to the Sixth Sense and still thought it was an amazing movie (at the time).  But anyway.

Saying that Christian Bale isn't the right person for Batman is like saying that Roger Moore was the perfect Bond.  Christian Bale is everything that I imagine Batman to be and he does an incredible job.

No Man's Land?  Dude.....that'd have to be movie 5 or 6....which I would totally wait for.  The only problem with that is that you have to introduce Robin and then turn him into Nightwing and a bunch of other characters that might be a little bit hard to pull off.  It'd be kind of hard to have No Man's Land without Joker....and it's hard to have Joker without Heath Ledger.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #28 on: 06 May 2008, 21:30 »

From the trailers alone, I think it'd be damn near impossible for someone to fill Heath's shoes.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #29 on: 06 May 2008, 22:00 »

When you're so scary you make Michael Caine forget his lines, you're a damn good actor.

Muppet King

« Reply #30 on: 07 May 2008, 05:49 »

Saying that Christian Bale isn't the right person for Batman is like saying that Roger Moore was the perfect Bond.  Christian Bale is everything that I imagine Batman to be and he does an incredible job.

No Man's Land?  Dude.....that'd have to be movie 5 or 6....which I would totally wait for.  The only problem with that is that you have to introduce Robin and then turn him into Nightwing and a bunch of other characters that might be a little bit hard to pull off.  It'd be kind of hard to have No Man's Land without Joker....and it's hard to have Joker without Heath Ledger.

A matter of opinion I guess.

Yeah, No Man's Land is completely undoable.  Here's a short list of characters they'd have to introduce in order to do it:

Montoya
Bullock
Essen
Barbara Gordon
Dick Grayson
Tim Drake
Black Mask
Tallyman
The Penguin
Poison Ivy
Bane
maybe Scarface
Huntress
They'd have to introduce Cass Cain and Harlequin

It'd never work, but it's my favorite story arc and I can always hope someday it'd work....for now I'll settle with the Joker getting kneecapped.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #31 on: 07 May 2008, 06:56 »

To say nothing about the fact No Man's Land was epically fucking long and drawn out and dragged something fierce.
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #32 on: 07 May 2008, 07:52 »

Without Heath, I don't see how they can introduce Harley Quinn unless it's just when she's paired up with Poison Ivy. It'd be kind of cool to have those two in action, but it'd be kind of sad to see Harley without the Joker.

JediBendu

• Furry furrier
« Reply #33 on: 07 May 2008, 09:15 »

I somewhat agree with some of the sentiments on Christian Bale. I actually don't really like him that much as Bruce Wayne/Batman. That being said, from what I've seen so far there's nothing wrong with the casting of Aaron Eckhart or Heath Ledger in their roles. It's partially why I'm looking forward so much to The Dark Knight, because even though I didn't like Bale in Batman Begins, just the nature that this movie won't contain a Batman origin story could mean a greater focus on the villains, who just so happen to be the two main Batman villains period, so there's even more evidence to a greater emphasis on them.

Basically, as long as Bale does decent enough in my mind, I'm probably still going to love the movie cause the villains look fantastic.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #34 on: 07 May 2008, 10:51 »

Now, my experience with Batman is pretty much exclusively from the animated series, but is Two-Face really the most important villain aside from the Joker? I guess it would make sense, considering the former identity and all, but I don't recall him being that important.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #35 on: 07 May 2008, 10:58 »

Honestly, I'd say he was more important than the Joker. The Joker was more dangerous as he was an absolute sociopath, but Two-Face was also someone Wayne always felt could perhaps be redeemed or rehabilitated and there was an emotional attachment.
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #36 on: 07 May 2008, 12:01 »

Yeah, even in the comics when Frank Miller picked it up, Two Face was still really important to Bruce/Batman. They are good friends before he goes crazy and then Batman always feels guilty about it. I wouldn't say he's the most important villain, but he's definitely one of them.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #37 on: 07 May 2008, 12:20 »

When you're so scary you make Michael Caine forget his lines, you're a damn good actor.
You know I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Caine was just being nice. Dude's been acting for over 50 years, you'd think an old pro like that would hold up in the face of deep method acting.

Or he might just have a fear of clowns.

Quote from: Linds
Without Heath, I don't see how they can introduce Harley Quinn unless it's just when she's paired up with Poison Ivy. It'd be kind of cool to have those two in action, but it'd be kind of sad to see Harley without the Joker.
Didn't they introduce Harley via the Animated Series? I don't see Nolan going that direction, great as the show was, but you never know. He'd probably make her humor-free and some sort of obsessive copycat killer or something.
« Last Edit: 07 May 2008, 12:23 by Kid van Pervert »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Faker

• Furry furrier
« Reply #38 on: 17 Jun 2008, 17:30 »

Ok can I just say I'm loving the viral campaign for this film, but even without it I'd be really excited.

So the latest piece is this site.

I know it doesn't look like much, but click on the HA in Gotham, and you'll be treated to a post "incident" clip of Harvey Dent.

Obviously if you wanna go into the film cold don't follow the link, but I really don't think the clip even warrants the term spoiler, but that's just me
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #39 on: 17 Jun 2008, 17:57 »

The most recent trailer that I have seen sort of points at the fact that Harvey is going to be deformed and then shows him with one side away from the camera holding a gun, so I don't know how much of a spoiler it is.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #40 on: 17 Jun 2008, 18:20 »

Las trailer I saw just had Harvey being held with his face in a puddle, looking at the camera, screaming "NO!"

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #41 on: 17 Jun 2008, 18:21 »

That new one has a shot of him from behind, rotating to show a little bit of the scarred side of his face.  Still no frontal view.

Dissy

« Reply #42 on: 17 Jun 2008, 20:19 »

Thank you for that link. 

Oh man, I am so toatally looking forward to thismove.  I can't hardly wait.
I fuck at typos

Snarf

« Reply #43 on: 20 Jun 2008, 08:19 »

Batman sucks.  What superhero doesn't have superpowers?

Superman Returns II.  That is the movie Snarf wants to see.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #44 on: 20 Jun 2008, 08:31 »

What superhero doesn't have superpowers?

The goddamn batman.  He doesn't need superpowers.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #45 on: 20 Jun 2008, 08:34 »

Also the Watchmen.

Thy Dungeonman

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #46 on: 20 Jun 2008, 08:41 »

And Iron Man.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #47 on: 20 Jun 2008, 09:27 »

And the punisher.  And Dr. Mcninja.

Snarf

« Reply #48 on: 20 Jun 2008, 09:42 »

Ha!  Superman kicks all of their butts.  Superheroes with no powers are like liberals without taxes.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #49 on: 20 Jun 2008, 09:45 »

Ha!  Superman kicks all of their butts.  Superheroes with no powers are like liberals without taxes.

Batman has kryptonite on his belt.  He'd never use it, because they're BFF, but still, he has it.  Just in case.  Because he's batman.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up