THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will be the villian in the next Batman movie?

The Joker (again)
- 2 (2.7%)
The Mob
- 2 (2.7%)
Poison Ivy
- 0 (0%)
Catwoman
- 8 (10.7%)
Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins
- 1 (1.3%)
Bane
- 5 (6.7%)
Clayface
- 4 (5.3%)
Firefly
- 1 (1.3%)
Harleyquinn
- 4 (5.3%)
The Mad Hatter
- 3 (4%)
Man-Bat
- 1 (1.3%)
Mr. Freeze
- 3 (4%)
The Penguin
- 8 (10.7%)
The Riddler
- 18 (24%)
The Scarecrow
- 4 (5.3%)
Ventriloquist and Scarface
- 5 (6.7%)
Other (Let me know if you want me to add someone to the poll)
- 6 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The Dark Knight (SPOILERS START ON PAGE 3)  (Read 152999 times)

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
Re: The Dark Knight (SPOILERS START ON PAGE 3)
« Reply #150 on: 19 Jul 2008, 22:43 »

They could always do something with the basic idea of Baron Bedlam.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #151 on: 20 Jul 2008, 22:22 »

Went to see this on Saturday night.

omfg, so good.  It's probably my favourite superhero movie now by a long way.  The pencil trick was a pretty cool thing.

hack

• Plantmonster
« Reply #152 on: 21 Jul 2008, 00:32 »

i loved this movie. easily the second best film i've seen this summer (right behind wall-e).

and they blew-up Rachel Dawes which is good as her character really didn't add anything to the films.
-hack-
Duckman: Did I ever tell you my Dad's last words to me?
Cornfed: "Careful, son, I don't think the safety is on."
Duckman: Before that!

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #153 on: 21 Jul 2008, 01:08 »

Definitely the most intense moment with the Joker's ability to instill sheer terror was when he's talking to the Batman impersonator on the video he sent to the news and the guy keeps looking down, and the Joker growls "LOOK. AT. ME." So fucking cool.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #154 on: 21 Jul 2008, 08:25 »

Saw this last night with six friends, all slightly stoned.  Managed to sneak a few beers in.  HOT DAMN.  If I had been holding my bladder for 2 hours before the movie, I would've held it through the entire movie.  I did not want to leave the chair.  At one point, I forgot I had to pee.

As for who I think is going to be the next villain, possibly the Riddler.  Mister Reese seems to be important.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
« Reply #155 on: 22 Jul 2008, 02:42 »

I really liked Eckhart in this one, I just feel that his arc was too squashed (perhaps truncated, there's gotta be a 3 or 4 hour cut of this movie out there somewheres) he certainly shows a dark side, but I didn't buy his two stages of grief (crying in bed and then homicidal rage dictated by coin-tosses). and he was obviously discarded far too quickly.

You said it exactly.  Two-Face is quite the interesting character, and it was sad to see him reduced to a throw-away character.  And I certainly would have wanted to see more of his history, showing how dark of a side he really has.  But hey, maybe he's not really... you know... and perhaps he'll be asked to join the next installment.
Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #156 on: 22 Jul 2008, 03:41 »

I thought Dent's story was perfect. The only way they could go after it is Batman's quest to redeem him, but I like the way they did it too.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

carrotosaurus

• The German Chancellory building
  • Anarchy in black.
    • ct indie
« Reply #157 on: 22 Jul 2008, 07:28 »

I just saw it again last night, and it really doesn't lose it's steam on a second viewing.

Faker

• Furry furrier
« Reply #158 on: 23 Jul 2008, 15:36 »

Been avoiding this thread whilst waiting for the flick to come out in Europe, but have now seen it and can I just say... WOW!

Not a weak spot in the entire cast, and just, WOW.

And if they decide to continue with the Joker in future sequels, it's a brave man that takes it on, Ledger has thrown down one hell of a marker. Fuck Jack Nicholson!

As for future villains, I think The Riddler could be revisited, compare Aaron Eckhart's Two-face with Tommy Lee Jones', now imagine someone like Casry Affleck as a very different kind of rRddler to Jim Carrey's!
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #159 on: 23 Jul 2008, 17:19 »

it's not hard to imagine Nolan deciding to not bring the Joker back on the premise of him being locked away, maximum security style, and instead opting to bring in a psychotic Harley Quinn as a "copy-cat" of sorts.

Batman needs a sexy villain to fight.

...or maybe he doesn't, i don't know; everytime i think i know what i want to see in the next one, i change my mind.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #160 on: 23 Jul 2008, 18:31 »

The third movie's been set up pretty well already, I'd say. I wouldn't be surprised if Batman's main adversary is the police / gov't. Perhaps some officially sanctioned villain or even a sort of "antiDent" public official. But obviously the studio's going to be pushing for a comic villain, otherwise there's not much point in Bruce Wayne dressing up like a bat. Maybe the cops will just be a thorn in the side of Batman, or a tool used by the comic villain.

There's also the issue of how many Batman movies there are going to be. Killing off Batman when he's got the highest weekend gross in all the land is certainly out of the picture. Bale reportedly didn't ask for too many millions at the beginning of the franchise (he even took a Terminator paycheck), that's bound to change now. We'll see.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Ishotdanieljohnston

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #161 on: 23 Jul 2008, 18:33 »

Seen it twice now... loved it both times.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #162 on: 23 Jul 2008, 23:34 »

I read somewhere that Bale is under contract for at least two more sequels.

The thing that sucks is that the ending technically leaves the Joker alive but not Two-Face, but I don't see how anyone could really follow up Ledger's performance so it seems almost like that door has been closed when it could have been explored further.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #163 on: 24 Jul 2008, 02:34 »

The only thing I can think of, which is no longer possible would have been to kill the Joker and keep Two Face alive. Two Face is such a huge character in Batman that they should have kept him alive for subsequent films to explore the guilt that Batman is meant to feel for what happened to him.

Also I really didn't like Maggie Gyllenhal as Rachel Dawes. I kept expecting her to snap her fingers at someone, she was being so sassy!
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
Re: New Dark Knight trailer
« Reply #164 on: 24 Jul 2008, 03:15 »

Batman sucks.  What superhero doesn't have superpowers?

Superman Returns II.  That is the movie Snarf wants to see.
What superhero doesn't have superpowers?

The goddamn batman.  He doesn't need superpowers.
Also the Watchmen.
And Iron Man.
And the punisher.  And Dr. Mcninja.

Dr. Mcninja QFT. Also, if Ledger doesn't win an award or five for his performance, i will kill someone.
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments

PassiveTheory

« Reply #165 on: 24 Jul 2008, 03:17 »

It's a sad day when the fucking Ventriloquist is a poll option and Black Mask and Hush are left off... What the fuck, people?

Muppet King

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #166 on: 24 Jul 2008, 06:00 »

The only thing I can think of, which is no longer possible would have been to kill the Joker and keep Two Face alive. Two Face is such a huge character in Batman that they should have kept him alive for subsequent films to explore the guilt that Batman is meant to feel for what happened to him.

Also I really didn't like Maggie Gyllenhal as Rachel Dawes. I kept expecting her to snap her fingers at someone, she was being so sassy!

Two Face is entirely possible.  All they need to do is claim that in order to protect his image and all that he worked for they faked his death so he could remain the hero; meanwhile, they would quietly move him to Arkham.  If they did that they could set it up so Two Face elevates someone like Black Mask as a credible main villain.
Yes, as a matter of fact, we'll probably use algebra like mad today!

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #167 on: 24 Jul 2008, 07:13 »

It's a sad day when the fucking Ventriloquist is a poll option and Black Mask and Hush are left off... What the fuck, people?

That's because Ventriloquist has boundless potential and both the Black Mask and Hush are one dimensional garbage.

Black Mask has always been the poor man's Joker. He cracks wise and is a twisted prick. He's simply boring.

And Hush was one of the worst things I have ever read. Jeph Loeb has really never done a good comic that didn't involve Tim Sale. The quicker he's forgotten entirely, the happier I'll be.

Really, there hasn't been a good new Batman villain since Bane.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

johnny5

• FIGHT YOU
  • pug pug pug
« Reply #168 on: 24 Jul 2008, 07:21 »

I like that they left him alive, that's how it is in the comics. Batman won't kill or let anyone be killed (exception: cops when they are in his way. THEN THEY GO EXPLODEY). He'll probably be holed up in Arkham on insanity charges.

PassiveTheory

« Reply #169 on: 24 Jul 2008, 09:23 »

Black Mask was two-dimensional, at least in his original incarnation; I always liked how he turned to crime because he no longer wanted to wear the "mask" he had worn in public for so long. That and he also "killed" a Robin.

Personally I think having a one-two punch of Catwoman/Black Mask in the next movie is the best way to go. Catwoman because this last movie Bruce toys a lot with the idea that he can possibly give up his mantle and return to a normal life and that's clearly not the case. Enter Catwoman, someone who offers Bruce a reason to abandon his civilian identity and you can play that off for most of the movie. Then you've got Black Mask, and if Roman can be played right, you can fit in a character with the kind of disdain for two-faced individuals that it forces Batman to re-examine his own duality. Plus Black Mask can actually go toe to toe with the Dark Knight.

Better than the fucking Riddler again...

Dissy

• The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #170 on: 24 Jul 2008, 11:02 »

That's because Ventriloquist has boundless potential and both the Black Mask and Hush are one dimensional garbage.

Black Mask has always been the poor man's Joker. He cracks wise and is a twisted prick. He's simply boring.

And Hush was one of the worst things I have ever read. Jeph Loeb has really never done a good comic that didn't involve Tim Sale. The quicker he's forgotten entirely, the happier I'll be.

Are you kidding me?  Hush would be an excellent option for when Batman is the "good guy" again (In Nolan's universe).  A childhood friend who figures out who Batman is, and has the money and the talent to rival Bruce's detective skills, and martial arts skills.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #171 on: 24 Jul 2008, 11:45 »

The problem there is that that doesn't describe Hush at all.

Riddler was always the brains behind the Hush storyline, Elliot just provided the cashflow. That's pretty boring when you get down to it. Riddler figured out Wayne was Batman and approached Elliot. Elliot never showed any kind of skill or talent, he was just a whiny brat who somehow managed to plot the murder of his parents at the age of ten and not get caught, despite there being two witnesses. It was the most idiotic deus ex I have ever read in a comic book, and that's saying something considering the ridiculous crap that happens in comics.

You can't even team him with the Riddler, as it really completely takes away the idea behind the Riddler's involvement. Riddler got involved in the first place because he was sick of being a gimmick. You can't jump from his first appearance to him becoming old hat in the span of a single movie.

Honestly, the only resonance the Hush story really had was the hints that Jason Todd was alive. Seeing that there is no Robin in the Nolanverse, Jason Todd becomes a moot point.

The resources and talent to rival Batman, though? Sounds a lot more like Bane to me. The entire story of Hush simply does not work in the Nolanverse for the simple fact that it didn't work in the comics either. It was always just a cheap excuse for Jim Lee to draw the entirety of Batman's Rogues Gallery.

Black Mask, while not as bad an idea, is still pretty terrible. Black Mask has always been a rather generic mix of the Joker and a mafioso. Too much been there done that. In order to get into any of the meat of the character, you've got to spend a bunch of time on exposition, which would entirely disrupt things. You can't just pepper it through the story in any non-linear manner.

The beauty of the Joker was that he has never had much of any motivation outside of being an engine of chaos. Bane has similarly shallow motivation that can get a ton of mileage.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I remember how much I hated Hush. It was probably the single worst Batman storyline I have ever read. The dialog was coarse and cheesy, the plot was a fucking mess and it was all just one big fucking plothole. It read like bad fanfic and I'm surprised it didn't just end with Robin and Nightwing fucking because it was one step removed from fucking Harry Potter slash fic.

Aside from the aforementioned ridiculousness of a fucking ten year old managing to pull off a diabolical plot to kill his dad and not get caught, there's the following:

The Riddler manages to get to a Lazarus Pit. How in the fuck does this inept twit manage that exactly? Ra's has them protected by the fucking League of Shadows. How exactly did a guy who compulsively leaves clues because he really wants to be caught, much less one with a brain tumor, do that? Did they just assign all the new guys to this pit or something?

How in the hell does everyone suddenly know who Jason Todd is? Yeah, everyone knows that Joker killed A Robin, but if it were actually widely known that it was Bruce Wayne's dead/missing ward, wouldn't that kind of make it obvious? This is a plot hole that has continued to run to this day.

The entire Harvey Dent subplot. WHAT?! Seriously, what the fuck? Jeph Loeb managed to write the absolute definitive Harvey Dent/Two Face story in the Long Halloween, yet he can't get this shit straight? How is it that a brain surgeon is somehow capable of fixing a guy that no cosmetic surgeon has ever seemed to be able to figure out? At least James Robinson tied this one up a little bit when he retconned it by having Two Face reemerge and re-scar himself.

Kryptonite lipstick? Seriously? Fuck you, Loeb.

KRYPTO THE GOD DAMN WONDERDOG?! ARGH!

If any semblance of that twelve issue pile of utter shit EVER makes it onto the big screen, I will burn down Time Warner myself.
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2008, 11:58 by 0bsessions »
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Faker

• Furry furrier
« Reply #172 on: 24 Jul 2008, 13:45 »

One of the rumors I've been seeing alot on-line is the suggestion that the villain for a possible third film is in The Dark Knight already.

The accountant threatening to reveal Batman's true identity.. Mr. Reese... mystery... The Riddler.

Sounds like bollocks to me, but thought I'd throw it out there,
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.

imapiratearg

• Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
« Reply #173 on: 24 Jul 2008, 14:04 »

The Riddler's name was Edward Nigma, wasn't it?

Faker

• Furry furrier
« Reply #174 on: 24 Jul 2008, 14:08 »

Yes it was, and that's part of the reason I doubt this rumor, but at the same time I think that Nolan has shown a willingness to deviate from the source material, and may consider E. Nygma a pun too far

Dissy

• The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #175 on: 24 Jul 2008, 14:10 »

well, Edward, aka the Riddler, went by many different names, all of them somehow related to riddles, crossword puzzles, etc.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

Meg

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #176 on: 24 Jul 2008, 15:16 »

Saw it today. I loved it so much I thought I was going to pee my pants.

The pencil trick was a pretty cool thing.

Oh my God, that was awesome.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #177 on: 24 Jul 2008, 18:11 »

I think Reese was more an homage than a clue about the next villain. The actor that played Reese is too small-time to be the next main baddy.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #178 on: 25 Jul 2008, 18:27 »

One thing that bugged me was that they kept calling Batman "the Batman" it just bothered me.

Villains always call him "the Batman".

And I finally saw it today and it was all kinds of amazing. I kind of wish Two-Face would get more time after this movie, because I've always liked him as a villain, and it's also really sad that Ledger is gone, because his performance was outstanding. When he dressed up as a nurse and was disappointed when they hospital didn't completely blow up was hilarious. The pencil trick was as well. Also, I liked Gyllenhaal as Rachel a lot more than Holmes, but this is because I like Gyllenhaal and can't stand Holmes.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Kaktion

« Reply #179 on: 25 Jul 2008, 20:07 »

He's always been "the Batman" to authorities and stuff during his early years so it makes sense and I doubt Batman would send out a memo saying "Guys, it's just Batman, not the Batman. Cut it out" so it works.

The movie was amazing and thrilling and I loved it so much and after the initial feeling of oh god this movie was awesome went away I was left with a deep sadness that Heath Ledger wouldn't reprise his role because he was simply perfect. Two-Face was a surprise because I'd heard this was just a set-up for him to take on a starring role as villain in the next installment but you know, I really liked what they did with him in this movie. It works very well.

I want David Tennant as the Riddler. I don't know why but I do. The Riddler could work if you twist his motivations some.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #180 on: 25 Jul 2008, 20:23 »

You're smoking rock.

Besides that, if either of these are the villains in the next Batman film it might as well include a shot of him jumping the Batpod over the Great White Shark.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #181 on: 26 Jul 2008, 08:56 »

I've not seen the gay cowboy movie, but I think this was Ledger's best work.  It really made the whole movie bittersweet.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #182 on: 26 Jul 2008, 09:05 »

Brokeback actually is a good movie. Just skip over the one sex bit if it makes you uncomfortable. (I skipped over it.)

Betagold

• Emoticontraindication
  • THERE WILL BE NO EGGS OF ANY KIND!!
« Reply #183 on: 26 Jul 2008, 20:30 »

I said Catwoman.  Remember the bit when Batman asked about the armor being useful against dogs and Lucius said that it would protect against cats?  I'm pretty sure that that's foreshadowing.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #184 on: 26 Jul 2008, 20:41 »

I said Harley Quinn.  I think they could add her in as the psychiatrist getting sucked in by the Joker's charisma and then starting a big crime spree or something in order to lead up to a distraction allowing her to break the Joker out of Arkham.  Couple that with Mr. Reese* as the Riddler who simply wants to challenge Batman, thinking that being careful and clever is better than being a thug who beats up bad-guys, and I think you've got a movie.

Although, with the study of opposites that DK was (Harvey Dent was the good opposite of Batman, the Joker was the bad opposite), Catwoman would be excellent in that she'd be a perfect mirror image of Rachel Dawes, because she'd hate Bruce Wayne and love the Batman.

* I did not see that, but I think it's genius.
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2008, 21:05 by Surgoshan »

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #185 on: 26 Jul 2008, 21:42 »

Catwoman would be wildly promiscuous and a mildly sadistic sociopath. Promote Rachel-replacement as the feminine paragon of justice and virtue.
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2008, 23:36 by n0t_r0bert_b0yle!! »

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #186 on: 26 Jul 2008, 23:28 »

I'm pretty sure that that's foreshadowing.

It's another word that starts with "f" that should be familiar to people who are followers of franchises.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook
« Reply #187 on: 26 Jul 2008, 23:32 »

I have heard rumors of David Tennant wanting to play the Riddler. Interesting, at least to think about. I personally would love to see Riddler, just because it would finally shine a light on him being a detective. Riddler could be done either as a schemer (which makes Joker's speech kind of tie in) or as a hired gun by the police to track down Batman. That could really be interesting.

I would think Catwoman is pretty obvious, just because of what happened with Rachel (they'll need a new female lead), though Halle Berry... grrrr....

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #188 on: 27 Jul 2008, 06:58 »

Two Face is entirely possible.  All they need to do is claim that in order to protect his image and all that he worked for they faked his death so he could remain the hero; meanwhile, they would quietly move him to Arkham.  If they did that they could set it up so Two Face elevates someone like Black Mask as a credible main villain.

According to the novelisation and the screenplay, that is what happened.
Dent was only knocked unconscious after taking the fall with Batman.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #189 on: 27 Jul 2008, 13:23 »

If they need a female lead, it could be Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, or even one of Ra's al Ghul's daughters. Or maybe another of Bruce's love interests. Who knows. I would love it to be Harley, but I don't want them to have to replace the Joker just so she can be the character, unless they can build a back story without having to show him. Also, too bad Barbara Gordon isn't older, because I'd like them to introduce her as Oracle (not so much as Batgirl), but I doubt that'd happen.

I kind of hope it's Two Face, though, along with someone else, like the Riddler. They could play that up.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #190 on: 27 Jul 2008, 13:36 »

I FUCKING KNEW IT

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #191 on: 27 Jul 2008, 18:14 »

[citation needed]
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #192 on: 27 Jul 2008, 18:46 »

Do you guys see what Ozy did there? He mimicked Wikipedia, a well-known internet encyclopedia that is totally user-sustained!
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
« Reply #193 on: 27 Jul 2008, 21:58 »

I saw it today. It surprised me by being really great. I hadn't really thought about seeing it, because usually a movie as hyped as Dark Knight turns out not being nearly as good. In this case, is was great. All of the acting was top-notch (Ledger really blew me away, which I also wasn't expecting). The only complaint is one of my favorite actors, Cillian Murphy (Scarecrow) being in it for only like 3 minutes. I was mad!
Hate, rain on me

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #194 on: 27 Jul 2008, 22:02 »

Maybe they just wanted him in there fore a few minutes so they could catch him and send him to Arkham... so that in the third movie he can truly launch Two Face on his career.

JediBendu

• Furry furrier
« Reply #195 on: 28 Jul 2008, 00:33 »

Also, too bad Barbara Gordon isn't older, because I'd like them to introduce her as Oracle (not so much as Batgirl), but I doubt that'd happen.

I kind of hope it's Two Face, though, along with someone else, like the Riddler. They could play that up.

What's with everyone wanting to jump ahead in continuity so much? Barbara Gordon should never be introduced as Oracle if she's never going to be introduced as Batgirl. Oracle is nobody when compared to her previous alter ego.

And they're definitely not going to do a Two-Face/Riddler movie. Because... well... doesn't it sound familiar?

I would be happy with seeing all manner of villains be used in the next movie. In particular I've kind of been thinking that continuing the organized crime focus (and magnifying it even more) for the next movie, you could definitely include either The Penguin or the Ventriloquist & Scarface as either competitors to the established Gotham mobs or kind of aggressively rising stars. I also have a particular fondness for the Mad Hatter and would have no qualms about his inclusion in a Batman film.

However, the thing I want most in a future Batman film (not necessarily the next one) is Robin done right. There are so many ways to make Robin work, and I wish filmmakers would recognize them, utilize them, and not bastardize the concept of Robin the way the past films have.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #196 on: 28 Jul 2008, 00:58 »

minorbird

• Plantmonster
  • The horror.
« Reply #197 on: 28 Jul 2008, 01:11 »

Less clothes, and you're spot on.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #198 on: 28 Jul 2008, 01:14 »

This Robin does work.

minorbird

• Plantmonster
  • The horror.
« Reply #199 on: 28 Jul 2008, 03:07 »

Whether he likes it or not.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up