THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 23:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will be the villian in the next Batman movie?

The Joker (again)
- 2 (2.7%)
The Mob
- 2 (2.7%)
Poison Ivy
- 0 (0%)
Catwoman
- 8 (10.7%)
Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins
- 1 (1.3%)
Bane
- 5 (6.7%)
Clayface
- 4 (5.3%)
Firefly
- 1 (1.3%)
Harleyquinn
- 4 (5.3%)
The Mad Hatter
- 3 (4%)
Man-Bat
- 1 (1.3%)
Mr. Freeze
- 3 (4%)
The Penguin
- 8 (10.7%)
The Riddler
- 18 (24%)
The Scarecrow
- 4 (5.3%)
Ventriloquist and Scarface
- 5 (6.7%)
Other (Let me know if you want me to add someone to the poll)
- 6 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The Dark Knight (SPOILERS START ON PAGE 3)  (Read 153050 times)

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
Re: The Dark Knight (SPOILERS START ON PAGE 3)
« Reply #200 on: 28 Jul 2008, 05:29 »

According to the novelisation and the screenplay, that is what happened.
Dent was only knocked unconscious after taking the fall with Batman.

[citation needed]

No citation, but I got the impression that he could still be alive. I looked it up and IMDB says that the movie script imlies he snapped his neck.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #201 on: 28 Jul 2008, 09:40 »

...Snapping your neck is usually fatal, dude.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #202 on: 28 Jul 2008, 13:35 »

I had a gym teacher who had, at 18, broken his neck.  At 35, he was still an active and damn fit individual.  A broken neck isn't fatal with proper medical care.  Unless, you know, it is fatal.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #203 on: 28 Jul 2008, 14:44 »

It depends on if you damage your spinal cord. If you do, you're shit out of luck and either dead or paralyzed.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #204 on: 28 Jul 2008, 14:52 »

C'mon Burnt Face Man movie!

Looks like Batman could concievably (maybe possibly) dethrone Titanic as the highest domestically grossing film of all time (the record's somewhere around $600 million)
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
« Reply #205 on: 28 Jul 2008, 14:57 »

Oh my god, Burnt Face Man.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #206 on: 28 Jul 2008, 15:43 »

Two-Face is among my favorite Batman villains and is way too major a character to be killed off in some side plot. I hope the Penguin comes in at some point b/che's pretty cool as well.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #207 on: 28 Jul 2008, 16:23 »

Oh my god, Burnt Face Man.
They could get Willem Dafoe to play Bastard Man! It'll be so rad.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #208 on: 28 Jul 2008, 19:12 »

Don't discount the possible asian connection guys; it's not like the whole League of Shadows/Assassins would have to topple over without al Ghul, plus Batman kinda just traipsed over into Hong Kong and raised all kinds of holy hell. All sorts of room for a modified Lady Shiva or the Sensei to come calling, even if they do want to avoid Batman stories involving the extended bat family of characters.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #209 on: 28 Jul 2008, 20:55 »

I read somewhere that Christopher Nolan likes to decide the theme of the movie and then come up with the Villan so it would probably be more productive in trying to figure out what a good idea for the theme of the third movie would be and then figure out the best villan to try and suit that.

Also the best two parts of this movie by far were the pencil thing and the scene with the Joker looking very annoyed at his detonator while trying to blow up the hospital.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #210 on: 28 Jul 2008, 21:25 »

Well... Batman as a hunted fugitive...  For some obscure reason, I think that will be the next movie.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #211 on: 28 Jul 2008, 23:16 »

According to the novelisation and the screenplay, that is what happened.
Dent was only knocked unconscious after taking the fall with Batman.

Saw the novelisation today.

You're full of shit and lies. Shitty... shit-lies.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #212 on: 29 Jul 2008, 05:52 »

I would like to see the Joker again, but that probaby wont happen.

so I would like to the Riddler, not the stupid Jim Carey shit one. the ridder should be stone cold serious and calculatedly. my ideal, the gotham city hires the ridder to figure out who batman is, and in the process he becomes obsessed with batman, because he sees batman as his intellectual rival and the greatest puzzel. also they should get  Paul Bettany to play the riddler

I can see this happen because of  the more realistic approach Nolan is taking.
Do I listen to pop music because I'm miserable or am I miserable because listen to pop music?
- John Cusack

johnny5

• FIGHT YOU
  • pug pug pug
« Reply #213 on: 29 Jul 2008, 07:40 »

They should probably use the Penny Plunderer as the next villain

"Joe Coyne, a thief obsessed with penny-oriented crimes, starts his career selling newspapers for pennies. He is later caught stealing pennies."

DROP THOSE PENNIES

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #214 on: 29 Jul 2008, 07:56 »

Clearly the best villain to use would be Calendar Man.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #215 on: 29 Jul 2008, 08:35 »

Some villains are really dumb.
Hate, rain on me

JediBendu

• Furry furrier
« Reply #216 on: 29 Jul 2008, 10:16 »

And I don't think The Riddler should be hired by Gotham City if he's going to be the next villain, that just wouldn't fit. If there's going to be any villain that's officially hired to get rid of Batman I would actually much rather have it be Deadshot. That would definitely provide a different kind of villain then we've seen in the first two Nolan Batman films, giving Batman a more physically capable villain to fight than most of the calculating villains there've been so far.

I don't think Deadshot could carry the entire film on his own, but I think he could be one of the more likely villains officially hired to kill or apprehend Batman, since he has ties in many of his stories to crime-fighting and the government anyway. Maybe some of the more corrupt factions in Gotham's government could hire Deadshot to kill Batman, after being frustrated by Gordon not taking care of it. He wouldn't be the main villain in the end, more than likely, and he wouldn't get an origin story, much like The Joker. I can see a Batman film opening with Deadshot interrupting a Batman operation and leading into a very action-packed sequence. Meanwhile, Batman could fight a truly criminal villain like The Ventriloquist & Scarface or The Mad Hatter who are threatening the city, while Deadshot threatens him at every turn. Maybe in the end he's finally turned away from killing Batman (maybe Gordon is able to take care of the officials who hired him and stop payment?) and he could end up helping Bats in the end?

Okay, so maybe that last part is a little cliched, you could take that or leave it. But anyway, in conclusion you should add Deadshot to the poll, goddamnit. The more I think about it the more right it sounds to me.

Plus, he's just badass.
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2008, 13:28 by JediBendu »

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!
« Reply #217 on: 29 Jul 2008, 14:20 »

How about giving Batman an ally?!

Votes on who? A re-introduction of Robin seems unlikely...but Nolan could pull it off so well I'm sure.
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

Bayley

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #218 on: 29 Jul 2008, 14:43 »

I need a huge disclaimer before making this post:

I very much enjoyed Heath's performance. I thought it was one of the only truly original character creations I've seen in a while, and I can go on and on about his performance, the Joker, the philosophy behind it, etc. No one could ever truly recreate what he did.

That being said.

If they were going to try to replace Heath and find someone to fill the shoes on this Joker, does anyone else see Johnny Depp at least half-pulling it off? A regrettable but at least somewhat acceptable replacement, for continuity's sake?

Think about Fear and Loathing, the first Pirates movie. He is pretty damn good at those sort of characters. He is pretty great at becoming the character's he plays. This might be a little harder because he has to recreate someone else's portrayal rather than invent the character himself, but he might be able to do it, no? I mean their facial bone structure is very similar. Those pictures of Heath before his death, with the facial scruff, the long hair? He actually looks quite similar to Depp. And as the role requires a great deal of make-up....

Thoughts, anyone? Try to suspend hatred of Depp for more recent career lame-ity. You know he can act.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #219 on: 29 Jul 2008, 15:22 »

Fuck
the idea that because
Johnny
Depp can pull off weird and off-kilter performances, that means he automatically should. If anything, Heath's performance shows that there's potential for that kind of thing any any decent actor and
Depp
shouldn't be the go-to guy for "we need dark and weird".
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #220 on: 29 Jul 2008, 16:05 »

Straight up Ozy, you are my dogg.

Not that I have anything against Johnny Depp, or even think that he wouldn't pull it off, but he is right on the money.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #221 on: 29 Jul 2008, 16:16 »

stuff about Deadshot

i wanted to see Deadshot too but then i watchd the animated Gotham Knight which is aparently a sort of bridge between the two Nolan movies and one of the shorts actually had Deadshot being a real badass and hunting Batman but, of course, Batman caught him. this obviously doesn't rule him out but Deadshot being hired to kill Batman has already been done in this...universe? assuming they are the same universe, of course.

so yeah, i'm not sure if Nolan is considering those animated shorts canon for his universe or not. probably not. but he if is then Deadshot is probably out, unless he A)breaks out of jail or B)gets released by the police to kill Batman.

Johnny Depp

i love Johnny Depp and i think he is a pretty great actor but i don't think he is even remotely right for this Joker. And as much as i hate to say it...i think Brad Pitt could probably fill Ledger's shoes (collosal as they may be) but i'd rather they just left the Joker alone because Ledger was pretty much it for me...it just wouldn't feel right with anybody else, no matter how well they performed it.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #222 on: 29 Jul 2008, 16:23 »

How about giving Batman an ally?!

Votes on who? A re-introduction of Robin seems unlikely...but Nolan could pull it off so well I'm sure.
I believe Nolan's said that he will have no part of a Robin re-introduction. Wouldn't fit anyway. Batman's very much a solitary figure in this series. It's actually difficult to imagine that Superman exists in this universe.

And as far as I'm concerned the Joker is finished in this particular series.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #223 on: 29 Jul 2008, 17:27 »

No Robin. Batman has allies, even if they don't go out and help him fight. Though a lot of interesting story lines come out of having Robin, I don't really want a movie with Robin yet. I think there are so many other options out there that should be pursued instead.

Also, the only time I'd ever want to see Superman in a Batman movie is so Superman almost dies, like when he's almost killed by the nuke. But as that's a recent story line when it comes to Batman, I don't ever see that happening. Though I'd love to see Superman get his ass handed to him, it's probably best he doesn't come around, as it wouldn't fit with the movies trying to be anchored in reality.
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2008, 17:30 by Linds »

JediBendu

• Furry furrier
« Reply #224 on: 29 Jul 2008, 22:19 »

Though I'd love to see Superman get his ass handed to him, it's probably best he doesn't come around, as it wouldn't fit with the movies trying to be anchored in reality.

Actually I personally would really love it if Warner Bros. started to kind of connect, at least imply that the DC movies take place in the same universe. Marvel seems to be doing pretty well with their films so far, people are already excited about Avengers and it's supporting films. Even though Warner Bros. hasn't really mined the DC universe to its full extent (it'll be a fucking tragedy if The Flash and Green Lantern films get made and suck, especially The Flash.)

Oh ya, and anybody who doesn't think Robin is a serious enough character, or doesn't fit with Batman. Well... you need to read more Batman, I guess. The whole appeal of Robin is the juxtaposition with Batman, and the balance he provides in Bruce/Batman's life. Both as a crime-fighting partner and a surrogate son. Even Nolan's Batman will feel the need for family eventually (and what other family member/ally should be introduced next if not the original?). For anyone who thinks Robin isn't serious enough: Dick Grayson is pretty much a direct parallel to Batman himself. Jason Todd was the centerpoint of one of the most emotionally scarring and important events in Bruce's life. And even the Batman comic that started the revolution of "darker comics" featured a Robin, this one a barely teenaged, red-headed female (see: The Dark Knight Returns.)

There is absolutely nothing wrong, at all, with Dick Grayson's Robin in particular. He is as much a part of Batman as someone like The Joker is. If Nolan doesn't want to do Robin, then, whatever, I don't agree with that decision, but it's not that big a deal. But if he truly can't successfully integrate the character, then, he's not even really doing Batman right, because dozens of comic book writers have pulled off that feat.
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2008, 22:44 by JediBendu »

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #225 on: 29 Jul 2008, 22:38 »

Yeah, Marvel is doing a good job of tying their franchises together for this Avengers movie.

I wouldn't be surprised if SHIELD (or just General Ross) is mentioned in some small way as part of the Weapon X project in the Wolverine movie, just to connect the X-Men franchise into it in some small way.

A Justice League movie would be nifty if DC could ever get their act together and make some decent movies not starring Batman.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook
« Reply #226 on: 29 Jul 2008, 22:48 »

Superman wasn't a travesty or anything. It just wasn't particularly fun...

I have heard rumors (from imdb) that if they were to make a Justice League, it would be using different actors for Batman and Superman... which seems kind of weird, and definitely risky, but also kind of cool. The only two actors I recognized were Common (for Green Lantern, obviously the John Stewart version) and Adam Brody for Flash. Both interesting choices, I'd say.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #227 on: 29 Jul 2008, 23:42 »

Though I'd love to see Superman get his ass handed to him, it's probably best he doesn't come around, as it wouldn't fit with the movies trying to be anchored in reality.

Actually I personally would really love it if Warner Bros. started to kind of connect, at least imply that the DC movies take place in the same universe. Marvel seems to be doing pretty well with their films so far, people are already excited about Avengers and it's supporting films. Even though Warner Bros. hasn't really mined the DC universe to its full extent (it'll be a fucking tragedy if The Flash and Green Lantern films get made and suck, especially The Flash.)
Meh.  When you start mixing franchises, you have to start retconning why the universes were in fact the same and why there wasn't any indication of that in the past.  Why hasn't Spider-Man* been fighting mutant baddies this whole time?  Have the thousands of mutants just been avoiding NYC for some reason?

Think about what it would mean in Nolan's Gotham.  Setting aside the fact that he'd utterly, utterly hate allowing Superman in his ultra-realistic universe, how would you explain the fact that Superman Returns established that Superman has in fact been flying all over the world, fighting crime, saving people from disasters, and posing for the camera, but hasn't shown up in horrifically crime-ridden Gotham?  I mean, he can, canonically, hear everything, and ridding Gotham of the Joker would have been right up his alley.

Seriously, mixing universes like that just sucks.  It works for the Avengers because a) Iron Man and the Hulk are so isolated and solitary in who and what they are that there's no wider universe implied beyond them (unlike the X-men).  They could bring Spidey in on it, too, for a similar reason.  b)  They've been planning it from the beginning, at least for the IM and IH movies (whereas Nolan has been planning on building an isolated world for the Batman). 

Mixing stories and characters only works well with careful planning, or with undeveloped worlds that can bear some glossing of details and mild bridging of plot-holes.  Colliding wildly differing worlds (Batman v. Superman, Spider-Man v. X-Men) just does not work.  Period.

And another thing, can you picture Superman's primary colors in Batman's brown-grey darkness?  No.

* Comma The Amazing.

JediBendu

• Furry furrier
« Reply #228 on: 30 Jul 2008, 00:00 »

Colliding worlds like Superman and Batman doesn't work?

I guess all the various comic books I have sitting around my room, and the more that I go buy every week, where the world of Batman and Superman not only collide but are the SAME, aren't just 50+ years of cross-franchise legacy, but just some shit that "doesn't work."

Let's couple that with the fact that the DC Animated Universe is the definitive adaptation of all DC work and crosses the worlds of Batman and Superman.

Don't say things that just simply aren't true. You can say it might not work with Nolan's films. But to say mixing Superman and Batman doesn't work is just ignorant. There's a fucking monthly comic book series all about Superman and Batman together. There are regular events where all the heroes get together and face Crises. There's a fucking Justice League, for god's sake.

That was a dumb thing for you to say. Period.

Sorry.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #229 on: 30 Jul 2008, 00:13 »

The 1978 Superman movie made it canon that Superman can fly faster than the speed of light (and I've not seen this refuted).  The most recent movie made it clear that his hearing is exceptional to such a degree that, at the minimum, he can hear all of a city's conversations at a distance of several miles.  Thus he can cover the entire surface of the earth and detect all crimes as they occur in roughly eight minutes (with the speed of light as his speed).  Thus he makes Batman utterly superfluous because there's absolutely nothing for him to do unless a supervillain comes along that Superman needs to take a few minutes to deal with (Lex Luthor required roughly half an hour) and Batman needs to fill in for him.  Never mind that a world with Superman would be utterly cowed and tremble at his godlike presence and simply wouldn't commit crimes.

Superman is the most broken superhero ever.  He's awesome, yes, but he really has to stay in his own sandbox.

JediBendu

• Furry furrier
« Reply #230 on: 30 Jul 2008, 00:19 »

You do realize that the 1978 Superman movie is outdated completely when it comes to the extent of Superman's powers? That film, while not being canon to anything else except for that series of films, was made during a time when Superman's powers WERE broken even in the comics. But by now, they have actually been toned down considerably. He is FAR less powerful than he was back in the 70s.

And, as I already said, he doesn't stay in his own sandbox and it's proved very successful so far.

I mean I really hate that I'm nerding out this much but seriously, you're just wrong.

johnny5

• FIGHT YOU
  • pug pug pug
« Reply #231 on: 30 Jul 2008, 06:19 »

he meant it wouldn't work in the movies. seriously, when i'm watching my batman, the last thing i want is for superman to show up in his shiny mesh suit and start shooting lasers everywhere. now, if maybe they wanted him to hunt batman...i would watch batman kick superman's ass.

JediBendu

• Furry furrier
« Reply #232 on: 30 Jul 2008, 07:16 »

I don't think anyone suggested there be some kind of joint Superman/Batman movie, just a confirmation that the other DC movies exist together like the Marvel films are doing.

And I understand that he's saying it wouldn't work in the movies. But he simply said it in such a definitive "that will never work" kind of way that it was just kind of wrong (and also seems to believe that mixing worlds doesn't work in any medium, I at least didn't see him try to correct this). He also seems to think the 1978 movie is somehow canon and proof of some point regarding Superman, which is also wrong.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #233 on: 30 Jul 2008, 09:34 »

I guess I didn't make it clear enough that I dislike Superman. And no, bringing a super strength man from outer space would NOT fit with Nolan's Gotham. He's trying to make his characters believable and Superman just can't be made to be believable. He's a superhero, not a masked vigilante. It just wouldn't work in this particular series. If they make another movie with the both of them, hey, good for them, but I don't want Superman in these particular movies.

Also, I've read the comics. The last Robin is really annoying. The first two are involved in really good story lines, but as Nolan has already said he doesn't intend to use Robin, I'm not getting my hopes up. Maybe if they make a lot more movies, yes, I can see him being introduced, but this is still the beginning of Batman, so I don't see the need to rush in the sidekick when he's not really needed.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #234 on: 30 Jul 2008, 09:40 »

Can I just say that I don't want a third movie?

That there doesn't really seem to be a need for it, to me.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #235 on: 30 Jul 2008, 09:55 »

I feel much the same way. I'm fine with the idea of more sequels, but I suspect that they'll be more like entertaining victory laps rather than character defining dramas. With this movie they really did an excellent job of defining Batman's role as a relentless vigilante taking on a thankless job for the greater good. It's a battle that doesn't really cry out for resolution, since the eternal struggle part of the equation is such an integral part of the character. I could see them perhaps exploring the "How far is he willing to go?" angle some more, but it's hard to say how much mileage they could get out of that without severely undermining the character's redeeming qualities.
« Last Edit: 30 Jul 2008, 09:59 by Whipstitch »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #236 on: 30 Jul 2008, 10:47 »

There wasn't a need for a second movie.

If Nolan wants to do a third, I'll personally trust that he has a good reason to do so.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Muppet King

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #237 on: 30 Jul 2008, 10:48 »

Can I just say that I don't want a third movie?

That there doesn't really seem to be a need for it, to me.

I believe Nolan has said he doesn't intend to make a third.  He said he's open to the idea, but he never planned a third.  Of course my information is dated, so he could have changed his tune.
Yes, as a matter of fact, we'll probably use algebra like mad today!

britMonster

• Furry furrier
« Reply #238 on: 30 Jul 2008, 11:10 »

I had heard it is supposed to be a trilogy. Not sure where I heard that from.

But also http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974015/
britMonster is all hot and bothered by the thought of febreeze.

you're invited : www.lost.eu/75505

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #239 on: 30 Jul 2008, 11:25 »

There wasn't a need for a second movie.
Enh, don't know about that. Of course there wasn't a need for a sequel, but compared to the Dark Knight, Batman Begins was pretty droll. But then, I've always felt that Batman Begins was overrated.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
« Reply #240 on: 30 Jul 2008, 11:27 »

My sentiments exactly.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #241 on: 30 Jul 2008, 15:55 »

Well, I read somewhere that Bale is under contract for two more Batman movies. Whether or not Nolan is directing, I don't know.

I agree in that I really think that it would be difficult to top what they pulled off with Dark Knight. Not only was the movie great, but I think they really used up the best of the Batman source material in this movie.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

britMonster

• Furry furrier
« Reply #242 on: 30 Jul 2008, 23:24 »

I actually didn't like the first movie at all. This was my favourite movie of all times though.
britMonster is all hot and bothered by the thought of febreeze.

you're invited : www.lost.eu/75505

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #243 on: 31 Jul 2008, 01:25 »

I've heard from different places that it was always intended to be a trilogy--nothing more and nothing less. No, i don't have links, but I've read it on a couple different sites when I came back from seeing The Dark Knight and wanted to know if there were any plans for another movie.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #244 on: 31 Jul 2008, 06:39 »

Except that you don't want to beat Heath Ledger to death with a lead pipe.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

johnny5

• FIGHT YOU
  • pug pug pug
« Reply #245 on: 31 Jul 2008, 07:20 »

Even if there wasn't a need for any sequels, everyone knew there would be more. Besides, the way the movies both ended, it practically said, hey, we're doing more movies. i would love to see 2 more though, instead of every franchise ending in 3 movies.

Statik

• Furry furrier
  • This is the art of ruin.
« Reply #246 on: 31 Jul 2008, 09:25 »

After many discussions with friends who have seen DK, and reading the posts on here, my personal belief is that Bane would be the logical choice for a (potential) third movie.  Given, I dont know the Batman comics as well as some, so there may be people I am missing, but, as mentioned before, the logical choices could be (with my own reasoning):

Harley - easily enough to explain where she came from.... possible to make a 2+ hour movie with just her as the sole (primary) villain?  I doubt it.  Easily explainable back story though... maybe a support villain role?

Riddler - It's possible to give him a legit/realistic back story... and while many people who enjoy the character might enjoy seeing him done well on the big screen, I don't think the masses would differentiate the Riddler from the Joker.  I mean, Riddler, from what I know, isn't nearly as sadistic as Joker is, but really, I think everyone who sees Riddler is going to automatically compare him to the Joker.  I would be shocked if the Nolans chose him for the third installment.

Bane - Given the finale of DK, I think Bane could be easily reworked to be a Bounty Hunter / Hitman / Mercenary, who is trying to catch / kill / break the batman for a reward / payday / fun, because the public / mob / inmates don't want the Batman around anymore.

I think, given Nolans direction with the new Batmans, to me, Bane seems like the logical choice (removing the whole Venom drug thing).  And personally I like the mask (maybe not a gimp mask) but I'm sure they could make it look cool, and probably give a good explanation for why he wears it.

My 2cents.

Also... Pencil Trick = awesome.   But I think the best scene with the Joker is still the one with him driving the cop car (As seen in the trailer) with his head out the window...  There was just something in that shot... I dunno what....
Quote from: Black Label Society
Where I fall and where I rise, I couldn't give a damn
Another shot, another beer is all that I have planned...

JediBendu

• Furry furrier
« Reply #247 on: 31 Jul 2008, 10:58 »

But I think the best scene with the Joker is still the one with him driving the cop car (As seen in the trailer) with his head out the window...  There was just something in that shot... I dunno what....

The way the camera moves in that shot just looks cool. They mounted it on the front of the car, I'm almost certain, so the background shifts while the foreground stayed stationary, pretty cool effect.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #248 on: 31 Jul 2008, 11:39 »

If you ask me, that shot defines the Joker.  He is a man without cares, even while being chased by the cops.  He just looks like someone who is completely content with himself, regardless of what he is and does.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Bayley

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #249 on: 31 Jul 2008, 14:05 »

yes i agree. i find it funny that his accomplishing ultimate personal liberation is only one step away from being entirely incompatible with society. less than one step, really. the second i cut in line at the supermarket, because i simply couldn't give a fuck whether or not YOU think that makes me an asshole, I have become (in the eyes of most people in line) completely out-of-step with their social order.

interesting, i guess. living peaceably with other people requires succumbing to social pressure to conform. it requires a certain amount of anxiety, a will to homogeny.

up the punx, smash the state and all that.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up