THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 07:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will be the villian in the next Batman movie?

The Joker (again)
- 2 (2.7%)
The Mob
- 2 (2.7%)
Poison Ivy
- 0 (0%)
Catwoman
- 8 (10.7%)
Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins
- 1 (1.3%)
Bane
- 5 (6.7%)
Clayface
- 4 (5.3%)
Firefly
- 1 (1.3%)
Harleyquinn
- 4 (5.3%)
The Mad Hatter
- 3 (4%)
Man-Bat
- 1 (1.3%)
Mr. Freeze
- 3 (4%)
The Penguin
- 8 (10.7%)
The Riddler
- 18 (24%)
The Scarecrow
- 4 (5.3%)
Ventriloquist and Scarface
- 5 (6.7%)
Other (Let me know if you want me to add someone to the poll)
- 6 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The Dark Knight (SPOILERS START ON PAGE 3)  (Read 152982 times)

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
Re: The Dark Knight (SPOILERS START ON PAGE 3)
« Reply #250 on: 31 Jul 2008, 18:36 »

"'Producers are convinced that the role of The Riddler is perfect for Depp. Johnny's a pro. He'll be able to take direction and still make the character his own. And what better Penguin is there than Philip Seymour Hoffman?' a source said"

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #251 on: 31 Jul 2008, 18:40 »

The real reason for The Dark Knight's success.  The MPAA's anti-piracy campaign.

Yeah.  Right.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #252 on: 31 Jul 2008, 19:18 »

"'Producers are convinced that the role of The Riddler is perfect for Depp. Johnny's a pro. He'll be able to take direction and still make the character his own. And what better Penguin is there than Philip Seymour Hoffman?' a source said"

I sure hope the producers fuck off.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #253 on: 31 Jul 2008, 21:28 »

Were I a script writer I'd just go the opposite direction of Joker and throw in at least one control freak villain rather than a self-serving anarchist. Problem is, a lot of the more organized Batman villains kind of suck. Perhaps you could heavily modify an obscure character like Deacon Blackfire (personally, I'd just call him the Deacon). Basically, imagine a madman with a messiah complex commanding a vigilante army composed of misguided heroine shooting vagrants that consider Batman as something of an inspirational figure (just to give something Bale to mope about). You'd likely need another villain with more personal motives in there to help keep things interesting, but that's not really a big deal since Batman villains seem to come in pairs lately anyway.
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2008, 21:30 by Whipstitch »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook
« Reply #254 on: 31 Jul 2008, 21:57 »

Or someone Batman is just physically unable to hang with? Bane has been mentioned, but wouldn't someone like Solomon Grundy be simpler/easier to put on screen?

I think he could be pretty cool, at least.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #255 on: 31 Jul 2008, 23:00 »

RGHHURGHHHHHHH
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #256 on: 31 Jul 2008, 23:04 »

We're looking at another Batman Forever, aren't we?
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
« Reply #257 on: 01 Aug 2008, 01:00 »

Let's be glad it isn't Batman and Robin (yet).

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #258 on: 01 Aug 2008, 08:08 »

We're looking at another Batman Forever, aren't we?

I have an idea, Two-Face and David Cane.  There, no more Seal "Kiss from a Rose".

I don't think anybody has mentioned Cane yet.  Yes he is kinda a cross beween Bane and Deadshot (although he may be based off of Jason Bourne), but he works(ed) for Ra's al ghul.  Easy set up for the character, and we already have Two Face's background.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #259 on: 01 Aug 2008, 18:21 »

Or someone Batman is just physically unable to hang with? Bane has been mentioned, but wouldn't someone like Solomon Grundy be simpler/easier to put on screen?

I think he could be pretty cool, at least.

Gah, good god, no. Solomon Grundy's a freakin' zombie. It's impossible for these movies to be realistic, of course, but it's very important for them to act as if they were anyway. Tossing the supernatural and comic book deaths into things could really undermine the suspension of disbelief they've managed to get up and going. I'd rather see them bring Bane into things if they go that route, although to be honest, I really, really hate Bane.
« Last Edit: 01 Aug 2008, 18:56 by Whipstitch »

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #260 on: 01 Aug 2008, 18:28 »

I don't think Grundy would work either.  It would be like combining the Incredible Hulk with The Dark Knight.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #261 on: 01 Aug 2008, 18:44 »

Solmon Grundy would only ever work if it was a trying to rule a crime syndicate and Gotham with fear through the use of Voodoo trickery. Grundy himself pretending to be a Baron Samedi-like figure.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #262 on: 01 Aug 2008, 19:19 »

Possible villains, stories, and actors over on IGN.

Part one
Part two

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #263 on: 01 Aug 2008, 21:00 »

I can't buy the notion that Harvey Dent is dead until we know for certain he's not appearing in the third movie. I refuse to believe, at this point, that a fall of that height would kill anyone.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #264 on: 01 Aug 2008, 21:10 »

Having watched it again, nothing is actually implied about his state after the fall 'part from seeing him near motionless on the ground after it happened.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #265 on: 01 Aug 2008, 21:46 »

I assumed he was dead because if he's not that would likely make up Batman's "Let's just blame all of this on me!" plan pointless.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #266 on: 01 Aug 2008, 21:49 »

Well, a fall from the second story of a building (~ 20-30 feet) wouldn't kill someone in good health, though it would hurt like hell and probably break some bones.

Harvey Dent was, at the time of the fall, the exact opposite of someone in good health.  The man was showing bone.  He'd suffered major burns over half of his head and who knows how much of his torso.  Not only was he likely to die of even the most minor infection, but the slightest thing could kill him through shock.  

Burn victims are among the most fragile patients without adding loss of a fiance and "being ten foot from a gimongous explosion" to the list.

That is to say, assuming that someone survived such a fall is the best policy, unless they're in Harvey Dent's condition.  In that case, the default assumption is death, unless something later happens to convince you otherwise.
« Last Edit: 01 Aug 2008, 21:51 by Surgoshan »

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #267 on: 01 Aug 2008, 22:03 »

I assumed he was dead because if he's not that would likely make up Batman's "Let's just blame all of this on me!" plan pointless.

Untrue. Harvey was irrevocably changed from the so-called "white knight" he once was, and the idea was that that image was an important symbol of hope for the people of Gotham. Even if he is still alive, the public learning the truth about Dent is something Batman seriously wants to avoid.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #268 on: 01 Aug 2008, 22:22 »

That's exactly my point though. If Harvey's dead the plan works out perfectly because Dent becomes a martyr and the people of Gotham have a nice closed casket ceremony and nobody is ever the wiser. If he's alive though? The man's a psychopath who needs to be sent to Arkham. How long can you keep THAT secret? He's not exactly the most cooperative guy in the world at this point. Maybe Batman thinks the plan is worth the gamble, but it seems pretty damn shakey to me.

Anyway though, I readily admit I could totally see him being alive in the next movie. Dark Knight was at the very least vague on the subject of his survival and I can see how it'd be supremely useful to keep the character around. I just find the idea that they could really hope to cover it up if he's alive a li'll odd, that's all.
« Last Edit: 01 Aug 2008, 22:30 by Whipstitch »

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #269 on: 01 Aug 2008, 23:38 »

In the novelization he's dead.

That might not mean anything but I assume it was made from the script and so he's dead.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #270 on: 02 Aug 2008, 00:19 »

Considering that the Dark Knight ended with his funeral, I really don't think there's any way to bring him back in the future without it just feeling like a copout.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #271 on: 02 Aug 2008, 01:28 »

Gordon already faked his own (very public) death, why couldn't he do the same for Dent?

Honestly, as greatly dissatisfied as I am with the Dark Knight's use of Two Face, it might just be too much of a stretch to use him again. On to other, less compelling villains.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #272 on: 02 Aug 2008, 14:01 »

Forgot to say, I saw the movie in IMAX a few nights back, and it was pretty impressive even when I had to sit in the first row off to the side (you can definitely get motion sickness watching IMAX films) as far as I'm concerned if you're going to be talking about a film you best see it twice.

So, second time around, the things I liked I liked more, but the little nagging things never went away, and I noticed more of them this time. Dark Knight remains the movie with the most plot seams / gaps / holes I've ever noticed. For instance, if this universe has any rules at all, Mr. Reese has to make an appearance in the third movie, as he apparently had legitimate enough claims to knowing who Batman is to get on television, and we can certainly assume that the third movie will contain a plot about people trying to figure out the identity of the Batman. But the universe really doesn't have any rules beyond what makes a thriller, and Reese won't make an appearance because that would be far too easy. If the Joker can manage to rig an entire hospital with cheap explosives unnoticed (and the cops wouldn't use the fucking explosive detectors they used on the bridges to find the explosives in the hospital) and crash a high-society fundraiser high on a skyscraper without getting even threatened by the cops, or blow up a firetruck on a street cleared by the cops without anybody noticing (and why the fuck couldn't they go around a different way that was clearly shown instead of falling into the obvious trap?), then characters can mysteriously disappear, whatever. I don't know why it irks me so much in this particular case. Probably because Nolan set the movies up as not particularly fantastical and thus the relatively common leaps of logic that come with movies like this stand out more than they usually would. Were it not for the uniformly fantastic performances I wouldn't really like the Dark Knight.

And man, Nolan needs to get a second unit guy to handle his hand-to-hand scenes or something. Just awfully shot.

Also, if Bruce Wayne got a really bad sore throat, would people suddenly realize he was Batman?
« Last Edit: 02 Aug 2008, 14:04 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #273 on: 02 Aug 2008, 14:25 »

Heh.

Also the guys who hired the Joker probably have a shitload of cops on their payroll.
Hate, rain on me

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #274 on: 02 Aug 2008, 16:01 »

Also, if Bruce Wayne got a really bad sore throat, would people suddenly realize he was Batman?

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #275 on: 02 Aug 2008, 17:30 »

Hey, there's a good angle for the third 'un: Bruce Wayne as fedora'd, pencil-mustached mafioso.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #276 on: 02 Aug 2008, 17:34 »

fedoras are amazing.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #277 on: 02 Aug 2008, 23:35 »

A pretty funny article about IMDB complaints regarding the Joker's sex appeal and Gyllenhal's lack of it:

http://www.avclub.com/content/blog/imdbates_the_dark_knight

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #278 on: 02 Aug 2008, 23:43 »

Considering that the Dark Knight ended with his funeral, I really don't think there's any way to bring him back in the future without it just feeling like a copout.

I think it would be perfectly plausible for them to have done a fake burial while locking up Dent in Arkham.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #279 on: 03 Aug 2008, 03:23 »

NO

FUCK IT

DENT IS DEAD AS SHIT

HE IS DEADER THAN DEAD HAS EVER BEEN

HE IS SUPER FUCKING DEAD

IF THERE WERE SUPERPOWERS IN THE NOLAN UNIVERSE HIS WOULD BE "HALF-HIDEOUS" AND ALSO "TREMENDOUSLY DEAD"

STOP FUCKING SAYING HE'S NOT DEAD

LET NOLAN DECIDE WHERE THE SERIES IS GOING

NO SUITS, NO FANS

CHRIST

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #280 on: 03 Aug 2008, 04:00 »

I was in a book shop recently that had one of those "Making of" books for The Dark Night. It also had the script in it. The fact that it says "Dent lays on the ground after the fall, DEAD" makes it pretty obvious to me that he is not alive.

Y'know, because it is the goddamn script and is available to everyone. If they bring him back to life by saying "Surprise, he wasn't actually dead!" there will be a lot of complaints from the people who bought the book and read the script in the book and saw it say directly that he was dead.

Oh, apparently over 50 clown masks were created for the film. Also, one of the prelim character designs for the joker had bright green short spikey hair. I am glad they didn't go with that one.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #281 on: 03 Aug 2008, 04:07 »

it would have made him so edgy though

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #282 on: 04 Aug 2008, 00:41 »

This has confused me to no end, Eckhart apparently said he would like to do the third

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0265713/

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #283 on: 04 Aug 2008, 08:02 »

He could just be saying that or he could be saying that because Dent isn't dead. We'll never know. ...Until the 3rd movie.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • oh hi
« Reply #284 on: 04 Aug 2008, 12:40 »

Guys guys guys.

HARVEY DENT is dead.

TWO-FACE is not.

DUH.

(I don't necessarily agree with this rationale, but a friend of mine swears by it and says it fits with one of the comic mythologies somehow.)
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #285 on: 04 Aug 2008, 12:47 »

That'd be the Dark Knight Returns continuity, I think. They graft up his disfigured face and in so doing give Two-Face complete control over Dent forever, which was interesting because you'd naturally assume that the disfigured side of him would represent Two-Face and the non-disfigured side would represent Dent. That's been done in other comics but he usually re-fucks up his face.

Not that it really matters, "Dent" died when his face got burnt. In the Dark Knight there's no Harvey Dent / Two-Face dichotomy to speak of. When Dent becomes Two-Face, he is Two-Face. There's no internal conflict, no struggle between the sides. He's just a psycho. Which I didn't like, but I suppose it fits better in the Nolan universe.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #286 on: 04 Aug 2008, 13:08 »

The internal conflict is reduced to the coin.

He is psychotic but still bound by a vestige of his old self.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #287 on: 04 Aug 2008, 13:38 »

Honestly, I think we're being disingenuous when we say Dent "becomes" Two-Face. They're the same character, and the change is a (stretched, depending on your perspective) logical progression. The case has been made for Dent having a "dark side" shown earlier in the film but I think that's really just smoke. Dent is completely in control, for instance, when he captures the schizophrenic and plays russian roulette with him. He's never going to be in the position to cross the line, because he knows his coin doesn't have tails and thus he'll never kill the guy. Dent in the film is not like Dent in the comics, who becomes schizophrenic and exhibits multiple personalities. Dent in the film believes in himself and his ability to make things right the right way, by bending but not breaking the rules. By killing Dawes the Joker breaks Dent's spirit and convinces him that he can never do what he promised himself he'd do as DA. So Dent lashes out in resentment, just like the Joker wants him to.

The coin toss isn't a manifestation of who Dent was before his loss, nor is it a part of him that wants to do the right thing. Dent believes he is powerless, that his choices don't matter, so he leaves them to the coin. Two-Face is just Dent without faith or restraint.

That's my take on it, anyway.
« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2008, 13:44 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #288 on: 05 Aug 2008, 07:34 »

Fuck KvP, Spoiler Alert much?

I always felt that in the comics Harvey Dent was in control of himself.  Did he know that he had schizophrenia?  Probably, but did we know?  Not until after the scarification.  Dent/Two-Face chosethe 2 headed coin, because, 1.) He now has two heads as he sees it, 2.) In his insanity, he believes that everything is Black and White, Good and Evil, Life and Death, Two sides of a coin.  Initially, he looses every sense of moral ambiguity, there is only the duality of everything.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #289 on: 05 Aug 2008, 07:44 »

I felt I was covered by the "SPOILERS START ON PAGE 3" in the title of the thread. This is the 4th page, after all.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #290 on: 05 Aug 2008, 08:26 »

Actually, it's the 6th and there have been many spoilers since page 3. People have been warned.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

johnny5

• FIGHT YOU
  • pug pug pug
« Reply #291 on: 05 Aug 2008, 09:57 »

Mr. Reese has to make an appearance in the third movie, as he apparently had legitimate enough claims to knowing who Batman is to get on television,

i kind of thought he was resolved when he got saved by bruce wayne. however i could see him coming back in a minor role - perhaps as a hostage.

If the Joker can manage to rig an entire hospital with cheap explosives unnoticed (and the cops wouldn't use the fucking explosive detectors they used on the bridges to find the explosives in the hospital)

the joker rigged the explosives beforehand and then called into the TV show, telling everyone to kill Reese or he blows up a hospital. the cops would have no time to check every hospital for the explosives.

and crash a high-society fundraiser high on a skyscraper without getting even threatened by the cops

cops are on their payroll/got ambushed and killed (remember seeing the cop show his badge before the joker got out of the elevator?)

or blow up a firetruck on a street cleared by the cops without anybody noticing (and why the fuck couldn't they go around a different way that was clearly shown instead of falling into the obvious trap?)

i agree with this. at first i thought the cop in the passenger seat might be a mob guy, as he diverts the entire route to lower 5th instead of the other side of the road. however, in the end, it turned out Gordon had planned the whole thing and was using Dent as the bait, remember?

overall i don't think there were many huge holes in the story.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #292 on: 05 Aug 2008, 16:55 »

Aside from the whole what happened when the Joker was left alone in a room with a whole bunch of defenseless but very wealthy Gothamites after he threw Rachel out the window thing.  Also, wouldn't it have made more sense for Batman to shoot Joker's big rig with rockets rather than jump into the way of the bazooka shot?  Seems like a better bet, plus you'd think rockets would go faster than the battank with its booster.  Sure it might not have wrecked the big rig, but you'd think it would have ruined the shot at least as effectively as diving in the way.  Oh and Harvey Dent's magical ability to waltz through Gotham in the middle of the day and infiltrate the mob boss's heavily guarded car. 

But yeah it had a lot fewer plot holes than the first one.  And it's a comic book movie.  Which I just saw for a second time on IMAX.  So totally worth it.

Thy Dungeonman

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #293 on: 05 Aug 2008, 19:44 »

Well, he did put on his seatbelt.

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #294 on: 05 Aug 2008, 20:01 »

The case has been made for Dent having a "dark side" shown earlier in the film but I think that's really just smoke. Dent is completely in control, for instance, when he captures the schizophrenic and plays russian roulette with him. He's never going to be in the position to cross the line, because he knows his coin doesn't have tails and thus he'll never kill the guy. Dent in the film is not like Dent in the comics, who becomes schizophrenic and exhibits multiple personalities. Dent in the film believes in himself and his ability to make things right the right way, by bending but not breaking the rules. By killing Dawes the Joker breaks Dent's spirit and convinces him that he can never do what he promised himself he'd do as DA. So Dent lashes out in resentment, just like the Joker wants him to.

The coin toss isn't a manifestation of who Dent was before his loss, nor is it a part of him that wants to do the right thing. Dent believes he is powerless, that his choices don't matter, so he leaves them to the coin. Two-Face is just Dent without faith or restraint.

At the point where he is playing the russian roulette, there's no face and tails, it's burn and not burn. He still had a "chance" of killing himself.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #295 on: 05 Aug 2008, 20:24 »

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #296 on: 05 Aug 2008, 20:32 »

If the Riddler is the next villain, hopefully it will be along with Hush. What I would mostly like, though, is a movie with Hangman. That would be perfect for Nolan's Batman.
Hate, rain on me

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #297 on: 05 Aug 2008, 22:24 »

The case has been made for Dent having a "dark side" shown earlier in the film but I think that's really just smoke. Dent is completely in control, for instance, when he captures the schizophrenic and plays russian roulette with him. He's never going to be in the position to cross the line, because he knows his coin doesn't have tails and thus he'll never kill the guy. Dent in the film is not like Dent in the comics, who becomes schizophrenic and exhibits multiple personalities. Dent in the film believes in himself and his ability to make things right the right way, by bending but not breaking the rules. By killing Dawes the Joker breaks Dent's spirit and convinces him that he can never do what he promised himself he'd do as DA. So Dent lashes out in resentment, just like the Joker wants him to.

At the point where he is playing the russian roulette, there's no face and tails, it's burn and not burn. He still had a "chance" of killing himself.
No no, I'm talking pre-burn, when he captures the schizophrenic dude after Gordon is "shot".

Plus Dent somehow escaped unhurt after shooting the mob bosses' driver.
He unbuckles his seatbelt! So what if you don't see him come out of the car?

You know what else, how can Harvey Dent speak coherently when missing half his lips and having a giant hole in his face?

Man, fuck this movie!

More speculation
Even now that The Dark Knight is probably the biggest movie of the last 10 years (cept for Spiderman, maybe) I'd really prefer it if they stayed on their present course and kept "names" away from these movies. The best actors in these films have been supporting characters (Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman etc etc) The main characters haven't been unknowns by any means, but hell, less than a year ago people were wondering if Heath Ledger could hack it, because they only knew him as a stoic gay cowboy. They could certainly pay for Will Smith or Angelina Jolie or Tom Cruise, but if they were going to have any roles that those actors could be cast in, I'd rather they just get Aaron Eckhart to play them all. Get Brendan Gleeson, or Andre Braugher, or fuckin'... Walton Goggins, I don't know.

I think Guy Pearce would be a good actor to throw in the mix, just a random thought. Maybe Riddler, but that would be way too Memento.
« Last Edit: 05 Aug 2008, 22:26 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
« Reply #298 on: 05 Aug 2008, 22:42 »

If the Riddler is the next villain, hopefully it will be along with Hush. What I would mostly like, though, is a movie with Hangman. That would be perfect for Nolan's Batman.

I kind of like the way Riddler is portrayed in Hush, but I kind of dislike the character of Hush. If they played the Riddler that way, I'd be totally happy, but they could find a better partner for him than Hush. Even though, I guess, visually Hush would be a pretty easy villain to portray on screen.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #299 on: 05 Aug 2008, 23:09 »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up